White House accuses Republicans of 'f...

White House accuses Republicans of 'fishing expeditions'

There are 114 comments on the Reuters story from May 19, 2013, titled White House accuses Republicans of 'fishing expeditions'. In it, Reuters reports that:

The White House on Sunday accused Republicans of conducting political "fishing expeditions," while Republican lawmakers showed no let up in attacking President Barack Obama's administration for a culture of what they called cover-up and "intimidation." With controversies on three fronts - the Internal Revenue Service, the administration's ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Atlanta, GA

#1 May 19, 2013
Duh!

. Contrary to Republicans' predictions of doom and gloom, the US Economy is looking better. They can no longer claim that Obama cooked the book, so, they are creating distractions with FAKE/fabricated scandals...

. To the GOP: Govern!
. Quit Moaning and Bitching like sore losers which you are (Ryan/McCain and Fox News)

Good News: it's been reported that "ObamaCare" is saving money for at least a couple of States, so far... Suck on that, T-Bagr'z!

Since: Oct 08

Decatur, GA

#2 May 19, 2013
fishing expedition? With libs, you don't even need bait, just throw a bare hook in the water, and they jump in the boat and flop around.
conservative crapola

Orefield, PA

#3 May 19, 2013
convicted criminal issa is the biggest bottom-feeding sucker of them all.

hahahahahahahaha
The Great Iron Dictator

Podgorica, Montenegro

#4 May 19, 2013
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
Duh!
. Contrary to Republicans' predictions of doom and gloom, the US Economy is looking better. They can no longer claim that Obama cooked the book, so, they are creating distractions with FAKE/fabricated scandals...
. Quit Moaning and Bitching like sore losers which you are (Ryan/McCain and Fox News)
Good News: it's been reported that "ObamaCare" is saving money for at least a couple of States, so far... Suck on that, T-Bagr'z!
Liberal Baggers are even worst....
So much Jews/Satanists here..

I mean just wow...
Only FORACE could exterminate your Satanic Trash...

OK....Then I will use it!!

Down with Jewish Lies!
1 post removed
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#6 May 19, 2013
the big mouth bass in the white hut while shaking the hook and not coming clean for his unconstitutional actions will eventually get speared by congress and hauled into the boat. then it will be good riddance.

Atlanta, GA

#7 May 19, 2013
Lifer wrote:
<quoted text>You are so full of shyt the smell is coming thru my pc. You are nothing more than a Muslim wacko who feeds off the BHO wang. FO clown.
No, the smell is from the unnatural sexual activity you just did with your index finger...

. Obama is a clean and smart Negro who happens to be a very successful president
. BTW, the last GOP administration, headed by Cheney, acted as a bunch of third world gangsters; no better than late Hugo Chavez...

Since: Dec 07

Frankston, TX

#8 May 19, 2013
Duh!
The American economy and job market look a lot better when you compare them with Europe’s. Across the Atlantic, governments have been cutting spending and raising taxes even more aggressively. The 17 European Union countries that use the euro currency slid back into recession in the fall of 2011 and have been stuck there since.

Eurozone unemployment hit a record 12.1 percent in March, reaching 27.2 percent in Greece and 26.7 percent in Spain.

The election of the GOP majority in the house in 2010 put a damper on nobama and pelosi's spendrama, which would've put us in the same boat as Europe, dingleberry.

The economy is improving because businesses know they're not going to be hit with any more megabama taxes. However..........due to nobamacare there is less hiring going on, more being moved to part time so companies don't have to pay it.

Economies are booming in Texas and other red states which is being figured into nobama's fuzzy claims...yet he has nothing to do with the success of the low tax states growth.

Get a brain.

Frankston, TX

#9 May 19, 2013
<quoted text>
No, the smell is from the unnatural sexual activity you just did with your index finger...
. Obama is a clean and smart Negro who happens to be a very successful president
. BTW, the last GOP administration, headed by Cheney, acted as a bunch of third world gangsters; no better than late Hugo Chavez...
The only successes nobama has had is with the Bush policies he kept intact.

Cheney didn't lead the last administration, fruitcake. That was a dumb statement you made in another forum, and it's dumb now.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#10 May 19, 2013
These trumped up fake allegations of a scandal are already showing to have had no effect on the President’s standing, and it is going to come back full circle to bite the right – right in their dairy-aire .
The frustration mounts, LOL!

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#11 May 19, 2013
I love that show, fishin for crooks.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#12 May 19, 2013
Duh!
Personally, I just enjoy the right continually crying out in pain. The American people have spoken; and the right can’t deal with what ‘We the People’ said:

We reject their candidates and ideology… that’s why we have the White House and the Senate… and in 2014 Nancy Pelosi will snatch the gavel away from Boehner and get all the laws passed that the republicans held up since 2010.

It’s going to be great!
1 post removed

Atlanta, GA

#14 May 19, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
The only successes nobama has had is with the Bush policies he kept intact.
Cheney didn't lead the last administration, fruitcake. That was a dumb statement you made in another forum, and it's dumb now.
You are a crook!
. You are trying to steal Obama's success and give the credit to T-bagrz already?

. The US economy started to stabilize right away while your side had been complaining recovery was too slow and depression was looming...

. I listen to Hannity and Limbaugh; I've heard their lies and false predictions about Obama's economic plan. They've been proven wrong!

. Quit stealing; GOP crooks!

Regarding Bush: He's a nice guy, but was president in title only; "Mean Dick" was the actual leader. George was just the spokesman for the administration... We all knew it!

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#15 May 19, 2013
It is right and proper for the Legislative branch to vet the actions of the Executive branch.

Obama, as a purported Constitution scholar should know this.

Atlanta, GA

#16 May 19, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I just enjoy the right continually crying out in pain. The American people have spoken; and the right can’t deal with what ‘We the People’ said:
We reject their candidates and ideology… that’s why we have the White House and the Senate… and in 2014 Nancy Pelosi will snatch the gavel away from Boehner and get all the laws passed that the republicans held up since 2010.
It’s going to be great!
Sounds great!

Obama is doing great, but I'm a bit cautious for 2 reasons:
1. GOP crooks are very savvy when it comes to manipulate the Media and public opinion
2. In general, Democrats are not very enthusiastic about mid-term elections; they tend to stay home while Republican turnout remain steady

Keep hope alive!

Atlanta, GA

#17 May 19, 2013
RustyS wrote:
I love that show, fishin for crooks.
Boomerang!

This why the IRS investigation will surely reel in Republican crooks.

. It was the Republican establishment operatives who'd been fighting with Tea-party groups over GOP donors.

. People believe GOP appointees at the IRS were trying to help GOP incumbents from getting primaried by T-bgr candidates...

. Boomerang!

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#18 May 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Boomerang!
This why the IRS investigation will surely reel in Republican crooks.
. It was the Republican establishment operatives who'd been fighting with Tea-party groups over GOP donors.
. People believe GOP appointees at the IRS were trying to help GOP incumbents from getting primaried by T-bgr candidates...
. Boomerang!
Who are those people who believe that? Any basis for yhat belief beyond a crack-dream?

Frankston, TX

#19 May 19, 2013
<quoted text>
You are a crook!
. You are trying to steal Obama's success and give the credit to T-bagrz already?
. The US economy started to stabilize right away while your side had been complaining recovery was too slow and depression was looming...
. I listen to Hannity and Limbaugh; I've heard their lies and false predictions about Obama's economic plan. They've been proven wrong!
. Quit stealing; GOP crooks!
Regarding Bush: He's a nice guy, but was president in title only; "Mean Dick" was the actual leader. George was just the spokesman for the administration... We all knew it!
What success?? LMAO

It is not in recovery and with the outset of Obama care, higher taxes, higher gas and inflation while printing money we are going to see this lack of growth. The truth is we have negative growth if you consider the population increase and the number of people dropping out of the workforce because they can't find a job!

The US economy stablizes three years after the 2010 election, not right away as you claimed, the crash happend in 2009!!! It has just barely recovered, but most industries are very careful about investing right now and expanding. Nobamacaretax is about to hit full time and most businesses are cutting back!!

Bush ratings are now surpassing obama's.

Texas #1 business state 9th year in a row...nobama has NOTHING to do with it. Republican legislature, Lt. Govornor and Govenor last 20 years, including George W. Bush

California largest blue state facing high unemployment, towns filing for bankruptcy along with high taxpayers moving out....such as businesses and pro athletes.

Bush attempted to get fannie/freddie under control 5 times, each time blocked by Dodd/Frank...which led to the crash.

If you think that we are going let you claim your demorat fuzzy math in a false claim this administration is doing anything...you're fooling only yourself!!

You're funnier than a candelight tour of a Chinese fireworks factory, boy.

Hannity...OK

Don't listen to Limbaugh..

Dr. Lorrie Roth, Raul Contreras (a real Marine) and Allen West. Your pretend Marine boyfriend claims he made Allen West back down onec, Allen assures us with a chuckle that is false.

Check out the National Hispanic Republican Assembly..there is a growing disenchanment with the hispnnics and the demorats. The times they are a changing!!!

Frankston, TX

#20 May 19, 2013
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are those people who believe that? Any basis for yhat belief beyond a crack-dream?
That boy is funnier than a horseback ride with hemorrhoids!

If you don't have proof, make it up!!

Frankston, TX

#21 May 19, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s going to be great!
You had all three until nobamacaretax. Then We the People fired Nancy and many of those who voted for it lost in 2010. The republicans gained most of the governorships based on the fact they will fight against obamacaretax.....

Wait till it hits everyone in the pocketbook soon, pretend Marine. You and nobammy will think you knocked over a hornets nest.

The only votes nancy will get from now on are from the old hippies near san fran. That's about it.
Allen

Tucker, GA

#22 May 19, 2013
The republicans are as bad as the democrats, but I feel like the republicans are the lesser of two evils. Just my opinion. Thank God for a two term presidential limit. There should be a limit for every politician from top to bottom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump campaign says it doesn't want support fro... 3 min Lawrence Wolf 10
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,420,195
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 5 min Mullahing It Over 137
News Ohio Democrats hope Donald Trump costs GOP bits... 5 min HillaryGoldwaterGirl 1
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 min Terra Firma 16,118
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 8 min Lawrence Wolf 8,005
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min HILLARY 2016 239,962
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 33 min Quirky 393,396
More from around the web