States with strict gun laws found to ...

States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths

There are 5075 comments on the Reuters story from Mar 7, 2013, titled States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths. In it, Reuters reports that:

States that have more laws restricting gun ownership have lower rates of death from shootings, both suicides and homicides, a study by researchers at Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard University found.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#4159 Apr 21, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
"one of those that expect others to do within the Entitlement Society, LMAO."
Those federal-dollar addicted red state leeches never could hold their bowels. mitch mcdonald depends on depends.
hahahahahahahahahahaha
According to yourself, what is a 'liberal' as opposed to a 'conservative,' and is one the reciprocal of the other?

There a little know equation which very accurately describes government: Liberty = 1/government.

Liberty and government are reciprocal quantities, i.e., the more of the one equals the less of the other.

When they are in equilibrium, both are equal.

If liberty =1, and if government = 1, then the result is equal, i.e. 1 divided by 1 equals 1.

If government increases by twice, then liberty is diminished by twice.

In order that there be more liberty, then of necessity government MUST be smaller. Conversely, if government gets larger, then liberty diminishes in direct proportion.

So, do 'liberals' want more, or less government?

And what of 'conservatives?'
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4160 Apr 21, 2013
Sir Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>
According to yourself, what is a 'liberal' as opposed to a 'conservative,' and is one the reciprocal of the other?
There a little know equation which very accurately describes government: Liberty = 1/government.
Liberty and government are reciprocal quantities, i.e., the more of the one equals the less of the other.
When they are in equilibrium, both are equal.
If liberty =1, and if government = 1, then the result is equal, i.e. 1 divided by 1 equals 1.
If government increases by twice, then liberty is diminished by twice.
In order that there be more liberty, then of necessity government MUST be smaller. Conversely, if government gets larger, then liberty diminishes in direct proportion.
So, do 'liberals' want more, or less government?
And what of 'conservatives?'
So based on your logic, a place like Somalia offers much more "freedom" than the United Sates.

Planning on moving where there's more freedom?
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#4161 Apr 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So based on your logic, a place like Somalia offers much more "freedom" than the United Sates.
Planning on moving where there's more freedom?
Do YOU have something against freedom?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4162 Apr 21, 2013
Sir Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>
Do YOU have something against freedom?
There's little or no government in Somalia.

So prove your conviction (and your "logic") and walk the walk, son.

GunShow1

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#4163 Apr 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>There's little or no government in Somalia.
So prove your conviction (and your "logic") and walk the walk, son.
It's very hard to believe that you are actually an American.
1 post removed
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#4165 Apr 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>There's little or no government in Somalia.
So prove your conviction (and your "logic") and walk the walk, son.
Once again: Do YOU have something against freedom?
1 post removed

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#4167 Apr 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
follow the thread and wipe your chin: it isn't my breath you smell.
<quoted text>
Mixing up your aliases, perhaps?
Now I understand your stupidity, idiot breath. You're big on ASSumptions. Karma is a______ and Here's the one are not the same posters.

So either you are trying to back away from your claim that I said it is illegal to hunt moose in Canada, which I never did, so you are looking for a way out by hiding behind your claim that we are

or you are a complete and utter idiot who makes unfounded ASSumptions

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4168 Apr 22, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>talking about yourself again, it figures.
stomp stomp stomp rubber...glue...anything you say dear

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4169 Apr 22, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd like to think that. Sorry, dummy, most intelligent people see the agenda behind the question.
Except that I just proved that 90% of the American people WANTED background checks, doofus, which blows your claims out of the water.

The "agenda" here is yours and the thugs at the NRA...

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4170 Apr 22, 2013
Sir Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again: Do YOU have something against freedom?
It's funny that you can't answer the question.:)
Louiston

Omaha, NE

#4171 Apr 22, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that I just proved that 90% of the American people WANTED background checks, doofus, which blows your claims out of the water.
The "agenda" here is yours and the thugs at the NRA...
More tripe from the Nutty Professor.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#4172 Apr 22, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that I just proved that 90% of the American people WANTED background checks, doofus, which blows your claims out of the water.
The "agenda" here is yours and the thugs at the NRA...
Its a myth that the NRA represents gun owners of America. They represent gun and ammo manufacturers. All of whom profit immensely from the fear mania generated by the anti gun control crowd's claim that gun control means the gov't is going to seize your guns.
Louiston

Omaha, NE

#4173 Apr 22, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that I just proved that 90% of the American people WANTED background checks, doofus, which blows your claims out of the water.
The "agenda" here is yours and the thugs at the NRA...
https://www.ijreview.com/2013/ 04/47397-90-of-americans-suppo rt-universal-background-checks -really/

What were the questions asked?
Louiston

Omaha, NE

#4174 Apr 22, 2013

Since: Feb 06

Location hidden

#4175 Apr 22, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a myth that the NRA represents gun owners of America. They represent gun and ammo manufacturers. All of whom profit immensely from the fear mania generated by the anti gun control crowd's claim that gun control means the gov't is going to seize your guns.
You get BS info from the anti-gun crowd and believe it. The NRA represents it millions of members. Yes, the gun and ammo manufacturers support the NRA, but nothing like its members do.
__________
"the anti gun control crowd's claim that gun control means the gov't is going to seize your guns."
__________

The government is not going to seize guns, but there are many elected officials that openly admit they wish they could. That is why this POS's need to be put in their place.

Since: Feb 13

Amarillo, TX

#4176 Apr 22, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that I just proved that 90% of the American people WANTED background checks, doofus, which blows your claims out of the water.
The "agenda" here is yours and the thugs at the NRA...
That is the talking point. But, in reality, 90% of those polled support expanded background checks. That is 1,110 people. Less than 0.000005% of Americans. Which probably blows the 90% of all Americans claim out of the water.

If 90% of ALL Americans wanted expanded background checks Senator's phones, Email & snail mail would have been swamped. None of this happened. So the agenda belongs to the push pull poll buyers (as with ANY poll). Lies, damn lies & statistics.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4177 Apr 22, 2013
Louiston wrote:
<quoted text>More tripe from the Nutty Professor.
Let us know when you have a reply, or even a thought.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4178 Apr 22, 2013
Louiston wrote:
<quoted text> https://www.ijreview.com/2013/04/47397-90-of-...
What were the questions asked?
Your website isn't coming up too good. And if you'd read post #4080, you'd have seen me make these two cites:

• Quinnipiac University poll, March 26-April 1, 2013. "Do you support or oppose requiring background checks for all gun buyers?" Support: 91 percent. Oppose: 8 percent.

• CBS News poll, March 20-24, 2013. "Would you favor or oppose background checks on all potential gun buyers?" Favor: 90 percent. Oppose: 8 percent.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4179 Apr 22, 2013
Shelly Bl wrote:
<quoted text>That is the talking point. But, in reality, 90% of those polled support expanded background checks. That is 1,110 people. Less than 0.000005% of Americans. Which probably blows the 90% of all Americans claim out of the water.
If 90% of ALL Americans wanted expanded background checks Senator's phones, Email & snail mail would have been swamped. None of this happened. So the agenda belongs to the push pull poll buyers (as with ANY poll). Lies, damn lies & statistics.
IOW, if you don't like the conclusions then just blame statistics. If you DO like them, then tell us how great, how SCIENTIFIC statistics are.

LOL (shaking head)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4180 Apr 22, 2013
Robert Newell wrote:
<quoted text>
You get BS info from the anti-gun crowd and believe it. The NRA represents it millions of members. Yes, the gun and ammo manufacturers support the NRA, but nothing like its members do.
__________
"the anti gun control crowd's claim that gun control means the gov't is going to seize your guns."
__________
The government is not going to seize guns, but there are many elected officials that openly admit they wish they could. That is why this POS's need to be put in their place.
Not half as much BS as we get from the PRO-gun crowd and the lobbyists at the NRA.

The NRA wants to help its supporters sell and buy guns, whether to Joe Hunter or Jose Drug Gang Assassin. Money talks, that's their rule.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Injudgement 225,124
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Quirky 384,344
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min ChristineM 197,494
News Fewer Americans Now Believe In Global Warming (Nov '09) 53 min Three Psyche 174
News Joe Biden's Columbus destination: Jeni's Ice Cream 58 min Three Psyche 11
News Letter: Donald Trump will win presidency 1 hr Three Psyche 137
News You Can Now Buy Hillary Clinton's 1986 Oldsmobile 1 hr Three Psyche 10
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr Three Psyche 1,038
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr u Make Me Laugh 1,383,694
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 4 hr californio 1,044
News Protesters clash with police outside Trump rall... 5 hr Bangor PA 323
More from around the web