Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

May 9, 2012 Full story: politix.topix.com 26,178

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Full Story

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#12779 Jul 13, 2012
Depends on how you plan to fight it. You have the right to petition your congressman. You have the right to form a political action group. You have no legal standing to directly petition the courts or seek legal redress. We do have that right.
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct on that point...I don't like it and will do everything in my power to stop it, as is my 'real right' under the 'real' constitution.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12780 Jul 13, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
He said, "How is a veggie "burger" not a hamburger?"
<quoted text>
Feed it to the wolves and see how they react. lol

Indianapolis

#12781 Jul 13, 2012
So a married parent and step-parent is excluded from the nuclear family? Not at all.

"Burger" refers to a patty of ground foodstuffs, be it vegetable or meat. How they market their veggie burgers is up to them.

You are not japanese unless and until the government of japan tells you so; "japanese" as an identity is a political thing, not something you can just declare yourself. Does this have relevance, or did you just OD on your "Vapors" CD's?
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Troll"? Those little plastic dolls with the fuzzy hair that are sometimes sold in gumball machines, or given away as prizes at the state fair? Not quite sure how to take that one. I guess it's an insult...not sure. If you're going to insult me, at give it some flair, wit, creatity...intelligence. "Troll"? Really? Woody would you help him...her?...out? Grazie
The nuclear family of the type I came from, and currently have, consists of Married mother and father, and their biolgical children. Inserting "two parents" in place of "mother and father" could open it up to all sorts of "two parent" arrangements. Would you like some examples?
If veggie burgers don't claim to be hamburgers, why is the shortened word "burger" used? What is it the producer trying to imply? Same with soy "milk"? Why are there veggie burgers that use words like "prime", and "grillers" on thier packaging? Some even have artificial grill lines on the product.
Let's say I move to Japan. Learn and speak the language. Adopt Japanese customs, perhaps marry a Japanese woman, eat Japanese food, etc. Let's also say for the sake of this scenario, I cannot by Japanese law become a citizen. Is there any doubt in anyone's mind, that in spite of all I've done, language, mode of dress, diet, customs, etc., I'm still not Japanese?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12782 Jul 13, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference of their skin did not prevent the couple from interacting as husband and wife. Opponents of interracial marriage accepted the fact that a mixed race couple could marry, could consumate the marriage, and produce mixed race children. SSM did not exist until a decade or so ago.
http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2010/05/132...
In other words, the fact that a man and a woman from different races were biologically and metaphysically capable of marrying each other, building families, and living among the general population is precisely why the race purists wanted to forbid such unions by the force of law. And because this view of marriage and its gender-complementary nature was firmly in place and the only understanding found in common law, the Supreme Court in Loving knew that racial identity was not relevant to what marriage requires of its two opposite-gender members. By injecting race into the equation, anti-miscegenation supporters were very much like contemporary same-sex marriage proponents, for in both cases they introduced a criterion other than male-female complementarity in order to promote the goals of a utopian social movement: race purity or sexual egalitarianism.
This is why, in both cases, the advocates require state coercion to enforce their goals. Without the state’s cooperation and enforcement, there would have been no anti-miscegenation laws and there would be no same-sex marriage. The reason for this, writes libertarian economist Jennifer Roback Morse, is that “marriage between men and women is a pre-political, naturally emerging social institution. Men and women come together to create children, independently of any government.” Hence, this explains its standing as an uncontroversial common law liberty.“By contrast,” Morse goes on to write,“same-sex ‘marriage’ is completely a creation of the state. Same-sex couples cannot have children. Someone must give them a child or at least half the genetic material to create a child. The state must detach the parental rights of the opposite-sex parent and then attach those rights to the second parent of the same-sex couple.” 10
Straight man meets woman, falls in love. They date, move in together and decide to make a commitment to one another. Then they get married.

Gay man meet another gay man, falls in love. They date, move in together and decide to make a commitment to one another. They want to get married, but some people hate them and don't want them too do that.

Does this make sense?

“T-Warrior”

Since: Dec 07

El Paso Tx (Rochester NY)

#12783 Jul 13, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure that the Muslims and Hindus would disagree, you see they encompass 2/3 Rd's of the worlds religion
Of course they do, I'd expect nothing less, Even islam recognizes Jesus.

“T-Warrior”

#12784 Jul 13, 2012
Michael Allred wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my beliefs do not magically make Jesus an actual person.
As for documentation, one single, solitary, constantly re-edited, constantly re-translated piece of self contradicting fiction does not count for much at all in the debate.
the Document you site has only been 1 document for about 400years, the New Testament was written by several authors, primarely Paul, but there were others, and their were other document that didn't make it into the Bible.

“T-Warrior”

#12785 Jul 13, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
christians don't revere jesus as 'god', either. only a few real twits would ever say that.
He is reviered and worshiped as the Son of God.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#12786 Jul 13, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference of their skin did not prevent the couple from interacting as husband and wife. Opponents of interracial marriage accepted the fact that a mixed race couple could marry, could consumate the marriage, and produce mixed race children. SSM did not exist until a decade or so ago.
Really, so that's why they were arrested and convicted of violating the law, right? The lower court judge stated that "If God had wanted the races mixed.....he's have done so himself"......seems like that did have something to do with SCOTUS's ruling!!!

Actually......opponents of interracial marriage were NOT happy with a white man marrying a black woman.....and you can spin that anyway ya want....but that's a fact!!!

“T-Warrior”

#12787 Jul 13, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, so that's why they were arrested and convicted of violating the law, right? The lower court judge stated that "If God had wanted the races mixed.....he's have done so himself"......seems like that did have something to do with SCOTUS's ruling!!!
Actually......opponents of interracial marriage were NOT happy with a white man marrying a black woman.....and you can spin that anyway ya want....but that's a fact!!!
These were men talking not God.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#12788 Jul 13, 2012
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>He is reviered and worshiped as the Son of God.
But aren't we all the sons and daughters of God?
1 post removed

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#12790 Jul 13, 2012
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>These were men talking not God.
Why isn't God talking now?

Indianapolis

#12791 Jul 14, 2012
He can't find a cellphone plan he likes.
Rogue Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Why isn't God talking now?
1 post removed

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#12793 Jul 14, 2012
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
These were men talking not God.
First off......WHAT'S GOD GOT TO DO WITH THIS ISSUE?

Secondly.......Your religious beliefs have NO place in our Government.

Thirdly........IF you want to be part of the discussion......kindly bring some new material.....not the lame crap you've been posting for the last couple of years!!!

St. Croix valley

#12794 Jul 14, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2010/05/132...
In other words, the fact that a man and a woman from different races were biologically and metaphysically capable of marrying each other, building families, and living among the general population is precisely why the race purists wanted to forbid such unions by the force of law. And because this view of marriage and its gender-complementary nature was firmly in place and the only understanding found in common law, the Supreme Court in Loving knew that racial identity was not relevant to what marriage requires of its two opposite-gender members. By injecting race into the equation, anti-miscegenation supporters were very much like contemporary same-sex marriage proponents, for in both cases they introduced a criterion other than male-female complementarity in order to promote the goals of a utopian social movement: race purity or sexual egalitarianism.
This is why, in both cases, the advocates require state coercion to enforce their goals. Without the state’s cooperation and enforcement, there would have been no anti-miscegenation laws and there would be no same-sex marriage. The reason for this, writes libertarian economist Jennifer Roback Morse, is that “marriage between men and women is a pre-political, naturally emerging social institution. Men and women come together to create children, independently of any government.” Hence, this explains its standing as an uncontroversial common law liberty.“By contrast,” Morse goes on to write,“same-sex ‘marriage’ is completely a creation of the state. Same-sex couples cannot have children. Someone must give them a child or at least half the genetic material to create a child. The state must detach the parental rights of the opposite-sex parent and then attach those rights to the second parent of the same-sex couple.” 10
i would like to point out that same sex couples are pre-political and also came together independently of any government. Kind of a major point this author misses...

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#12795 Jul 14, 2012
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even islam recognizes Jesus.
When they see him at the bazaar?

Yo, Jesus. You gonna eat the rest of that falafel?

St. Croix valley

#12796 Jul 14, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
"Burger" refers to a patty of ground foodstuffs, be it vegetable or meat. How they market their veggie burgers is up to them.
<quoted text>
i agree. i have had Bison burgers. They were not trying to be hamburgers, in fact, they were seperating themselves FROM hamburgers. I've had moose burgers. I've had Jane Fitzenburger. I've had ostrich burgers. lot's of types of burgers

St. Croix valley

#12797 Jul 14, 2012
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they do, I'd expect nothing less, Even islam recognizes Jesus.
You worship the same god, of course Islam recognizes Jesus... funny how people don't even know their own religions..

St. Croix valley

#12798 Jul 14, 2012
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
the Document you site has only been 1 document for about 400years, the New Testament was written by several authors, primarely Paul, but there were others, and their were other document that didn't make it into the Bible.
Why is there differences in the stories of those many authors? I guess that divine inspiration concept is crap? or were they just adverts for the people of the times to get butts in the pews?
Reality

Madison, WI

#12799 Jul 14, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You worship the same god, of course Islam recognizes Jesus... funny how people don't even know their own religions..
True that, but Islam says nothing about his divinity. That myth is only found in the NT.
Reality

Madison, WI

#12800 Jul 14, 2012
chief22 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is reviered and worshiped as the Son of God.
Huh, Im thought that Jesus, God and the Holy Ghost where one in the same? How can he be the son of God if he is God? Me thinks I smell somfin fishy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clintons Side With Obama on ISIS Strategy 4 min Le Jimbo 95
Bachmann Calls Bush's Bailout Decision an Act o... (Nov '11) 4 min Swedenforever 14
Five people have won election to Congress, desp... 5 min Le Jimbo 1
Secret Service director faces grilling over sec... 5 min Bree_Z 58
Obama Rode in an Elevator With an Armed Man Who... 7 min Jumper The wise 18
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Earthling-1 47,045
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min forks_make_us_fat 1,115,446
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min Quirky 265,670
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 59 min Who 675
Democrats flood inboxes for last-minute campaig... 1 hr Righteous 20

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE