Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

May 9, 2012 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: politix.topix.com

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Comments
6,141 - 6,160 of 26,178 Comments Last updated Oct 27, 2013

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ya just love that "sound" logic? I mean if it's in the bible.......GTF claims Jesus or God said it, yet we know of Jesus's supposed birth(a lie by the way because he was born either in March or September...not December), then there is NO mention of his life again until ROUGHLY the age of 12 years old......and then again not until he's in his 30's........so, how could ANYONE truly know what Jesus thought of on this issue.....when we don't even know about his ENTIRE life? Seems that Jesus hung out with a bunch of guys and only one woman per say.......and that he was willing to die for the sins of EVERY man, woman and child.....whom he didn't know......and then the fact that he supposedly died for OUR SINS, and therefore negating the Old Testament.....YET, people love to bash Gays and Lesbians with Leviticus!!!
December 25th is not celebration JESUS' birthday...it is celebrating HIS birth. There is a difference......

We know he studied the scriptures as all young men did between those ages. Why would it matter if we don't know HIS daily routines in life...we know who HE IS and what HE has done for us...

Yes, Leviticus,(but not only Leviticus) is true on the subject of homosexuality...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's EXACTLY right......AND YOU CAN'T TELL ME OR OTHERS HOW TO WORSHIP, DON'T WORSHIP OR IF WE CHOOSE TO BURN YOUR BIBLE.......and that's our right to do as well......besides, your religious beliefs DON'T belong in a SECULAR GOVERNMENT!!!
And remember that if ya like bashing Gays and Lesbians with your favorite Leviticus scriptures as some do.......you might want to remember the ones involving adultery and incest!!!
I'm not telling you how to worship. You can burn as many Bibles as you want, that won't change the truth of it. We are a country of believers. We have a voice in our structure and laws. We have always been a nation of believers.
1 post removed

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

no big O wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should have taken the "genious" pill.... Same sex marriage was not happening was it. If it was not happening Jesus couldnt attend it. That doesnt mean he was against it... does it.... Unless you can show chapter and verse where he declined an invitation.....
Was Jesus against cars.... they werent happening then either.... so by your "logic" he was
Wow! Are you serious???? You can't think this post makes any kind of sense in relation to the conversation can you??? This is a joke right???? I can appreciate a good 'funny'.

Let me try to break this down to sub-kindergarden level...

Marriage was happening in the days our JESUS walked the earth...right???

We know JESUS attended a wedding of a man and a woman...right???

We know JESUS did 'not' attend a ss wedding....right?????

Why do you think that was??????? Come on....you can do it.....
1 post removed

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
December 25th is not celebration JESUS' birthday...it is celebrating HIS birth. There is a difference......
We know he studied the scriptures as all young men did between those ages. Why would it matter if we don't know HIS daily routines in life...we know who HE IS and what HE has done for us...
Yes, Leviticus,(but not only Leviticus) is true on the subject of homosexuality...
How can you celebrate something that DIDN'T happen...... December 25th IS NOT the birth of Jesus.....it is however the birth of a Pagan Savior, but not Jesus!!!

Really, ALL young men studied the scriptures......what about all the farm work that needed to be done? I guess the Holy Spirit did those silly things, right?

There are many many issues mentioned in Leviticus, homosexuality ISN'T one of them.....unless you are speaking of Sodomy.....but it was more with regards to rape than an actual intimate thing seeing as the Romans were very fond of their servant boys!!!

And again.....you go about giving the judging icons as off topic when I have been discussing the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples......which is the topic for this thread!!!
1 post removed

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not telling you how to worship. You can burn as many Bibles as you want, that won't change the truth of it. We are a country of believers. We have a voice in our structure and laws. We have always been a nation of believers.
Our founding fathers believe in a Higher Power.....they did not necessarily believe in God, nor some Holy Spirit and believe Jesus was just a man!!!

You have a lot of opinions and things you believe are true......but that doesn't make them TRUTHFUL.......and just because you believe in something doesn't make it real either!!!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Marvin in Denver wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all this isn't the ONLY passage that speaks against homosexuality. One passage in the Old Testaments say if a man lies with a man like a man lies with a women, both men are to be put to death and their blood will be on their own heads. That passage is your clue to the biblical prospective on homosexuality.
ALAN: You write as if the Bible is consistent and not contradictory. Anyone as ignorant of the Bible as you have just shown yourself to be does not deserve to be discussing it with polite company.

What is it about your Pew Warmers that you can never remember Exodus 20:13, "Thou shalt not kill."? And here you waltz your silly ass in here to tell us about your desire to put homosexuals to death.

When are you going to violate biblical prrscriptions so that you can obey them? Because that is exactly what it takes if you want to go with the Bible. Unfortunatley you are too stupid, too brain dead to know this on your own and that proves Christians are not to be trusted any more than their silly assed Bible is.

Then we have a man asking Jesus what he has to do to follow him.

Jesus tells him to follow the commandments, Matthew 19:18 "Which ones?" the man inquired. Jesus replied, "'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony,

Notice nothing is said about killing homosexuals indeed, Jesus says again don't murder.

What is wrong with you Christians that you can never find anything good in the Bible?

I have!

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you celebrate something that DIDN'T happen...... December 25th IS NOT the birth of Jesus.....it is however the birth of a Pagan Savior, but not Jesus!!!
JESUS' birth 'did' happen. The date picked is only symbolistic of that event. It has never been claimed to be HIS actual date of birth....you are mistaken in your reasoning.....
Really, ALL young men studied the scriptures......what about all the farm work that needed to be done? I guess the Holy Spirit did those silly things, right?
Have you ever been to the middle east???? Not much farming going on over there. Yes, in that time, young men were expected to study the scriptures for a looooooong time in the temples.
There are many many issues mentioned in Leviticus, homosexuality ISN'T one of them.....unless you are speaking of Sodomy.....but it was more with regards to rape than an actual intimate thing seeing as the Romans were very fond of their servant boys!!!
And again.....you go about giving the judging icons as off topic when I have been discussing the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples......which is the topic for this thread!!!
I'm sure in this bible that you read that you don't adhere to, it does say that...but the 'actual' Bible says otherwise. Not only in the Old Testament, but the New Testament as well....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our founding fathers believe in a Higher Power.....they did not necessarily believe in God, nor some Holy Spirit and believe Jesus was just a man!!!
You have a lot of opinions and things you believe are true......but that doesn't make them TRUTHFUL.......and just because you believe in something doesn't make it real either!!!
Most of them were Christians. You can't rewrite history. Sorry...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
For many of our ancient ancestors the 25th of December was the day that everyone could tell day light had stopped getting shorter and shorter and had starter to get longer. Time to celebrate the birth of the new Sun.

I think you expect way too much from our resident homophobes. For one thing all they care about is keeping things as they are today, and they do not care about how dishonest, deceitful and deceptive they must lower themselves to become to succeed. Right and wrong do not matter to Pew Warmers. All that matters is preventing progress.

They would sell their own mothers into biblical slavery if they thought it would help stop progress.

Mostly they are afraid that gay couples will adopt children and that these children will excel as human beings while their pew warming children will work at Burger They can't see the honesty of trying harder, they want you to slow down and try less so as to make make them look so bad.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS' birth 'did' happen. The date picked is only symbolistic of that event. It has never been claimed to be HIS actual date of birth....you are mistaken in your reasoning.....
<quoted text>
Have you ever been to the middle east???? Not much farming going on over there. Yes, in that time, young men were expected to study the scriptures for a looooooong time in the temples.
<quoted text>
I'm sure in this bible that you read that you don't adhere to, it does say that...but the 'actual' Bible says otherwise. Not only in the Old Testament, but the New Testament as well....
There you go again.....making an ASSumption about something that you clearly have been told I don't do......lol!!!

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again.....making an ASSumption about something that you clearly have been told I don't do......lol!!!
There 'you' go again...lying on the Bible...
1 post removed

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
For many of our ancient ancestors the 25th of December was the day that everyone could tell day light had stopped getting shorter and shorter and had starter to get longer. Time to celebrate the birth of the new Sun.
I think you expect way too much from our resident homophobes. For one thing all they care about is keeping things as they are today, and they do not care about how dishonest, deceitful and deceptive they must lower themselves to become to succeed. Right and wrong do not matter to Pew Warmers. All that matters is preventing progress.
They would sell their own mothers into biblical slavery if they thought it would help stop progress.
Mostly they are afraid that gay couples will adopt children and that these children will excel as human beings while their pew warming children will work at Burger They can't see the honesty of trying harder, they want you to slow down and try less so as to make make them look so bad.
Boy, you sure did hit that nail squarely on it's head.......lol!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
There 'you' go again...lying on the Bible...
How is my not reading the bible.....lying about the bible?

Must be another syndrome of yours.....the I forgot Syndrome......lol!!!
1 post removed

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS' birth 'did' happen. The date picked is only symbolistic of that event. It has never been claimed to be HIS actual date of birth....you are mistaken in your reasoning.........
ALAN: And you are mistaken in your facts: Whether or not Jesus of Nazareth was a real, live, flesh and blood individual who walked the earth approximately 2,000 years ago is a really good question. If he didn't Christianity would be dealt a blow from which it could never recover. The most significant aspect of this matter is that there is no reference to Jesus of Nazareth in any non-Christian writings of antiquity. One can peruse all the great literature of that era and find nothing proving the man even existed.

"There is no history written at the time Jesus Christ is said to have lived that speaks of the existence of such a person, even as a man" (The Life and Works of Paine,Vol 9, p. 271). "We know nothing certainly of Jesus Christ. We know nothing of his infancy, nothing of his youth, and we are not sure that such a person even existed" (Interviews, Ingersoll's Works, Vol. 5, p. 273.

Anyone wishing to believe in the reality of Jesus will have to rely upon the New Testament and the NT alone. There is no other source. Biblicists heatedly deny this, of course, and quote many well-known Greek, Roman, and Jewish writers to prove their case.

Since the question of whether or not the pivotal figure in Christianity really lived is of first magnitude in importance, each of the key apologetic quotations deserves consideration. The first and probably the most notable comes from the Jewish historian, Josephus,

to be continued...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence, nearly half (24) held seminary or Bible school degrees.

John Adams

SIGNER OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE; JUDGE; DIPLOMAT; ONE OF TWO SIGNERS OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS; SECOND PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God.1

John Quincy Adams

SIXTH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES; DIPLOMAT; SECRETARY OF STATE; U. S. SENATOR; U. S. REPRESENTATIVE; “OLD MAN ELOQUENT”; “HELL-HOUND OF ABOLITION”

My hopes of a future life are all founded upon the Gospel of Christ and I cannot cavil or quibble away [evade or object to].... the whole tenor of His conduct by which He sometimes positively asserted and at others countenances [permits] His disciples in asserting that He was God.7

There's plenty more....shall I continue?????

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

continued from previous message:...

Josephus, who allegedly said, "Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was the Christ, and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold there and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians so named from him are not extinct at this day" (Jewish Antiquities, Book 18, Chp. 3, Sec.3). The problems inherent in this paragraph are numerous and fatal to its credibility:(1) The alleged author, Josephus, was a devout Jew which would cause anyone familiar with the basic principles of Judaism to ask: Would a devout Jew imply that a man was not a man, that he was divine? Would he say that a man did miracles, was the Christ, and rose from the dead? And would a devout Jew say the messianic prophecies expressly referred to a man at that time?(2) The works of Josephus are voluminous and exhaustive. They comprise nearly 20 books. Whole pages are devoted to petty robbers and obscure seditious leaders. Nearly 40 chapters are devoted to a single king. Yet,Jesus is dismissed with a mere dozen lines.(3) The passage is not found in the early copies of Josephus. Not until the Ecclesiastical History of Eusebius (320 A.D.) do we come across it. This is the same Eusebius who said that it is lawful to lie and cheat for the cause of Christ: "I have repeated whatever may rebound to the glory, and suppressed all that could tend to the disgrace of our religion" (Chp. 31, Book 12 of Prae Paratio Evangelica).(4) The early Christian fathers such as Justin Martyr, Tertullian, Clement of Alexandria, and Origen were acquainted with what Josephus wrote and it seems reasonable to conclude that they would have quoted this passage had it existed. Apparently Eusebius was the first to use it because it didn't exist during the 2nd and 3rd centuries. Chrysostom often referred to Josephus and it's highly unlikely he would have omitted the paragraph had it been extant. Photius did not quote the text though he had three articles concerning Josephus and even expressly stated that Josephus, being a Jew, had not taken the least notice of Christ.(5) Neither Justin in his dialogue with Trypho, the Jew, nor Origen against Celsus ever mentioned this passage. Neither Tertullian nor Cyprian ever quoted Josephus as a witness in their controversies with Jews and pagans and Origen expressly stated that Josephus, who had mentioned John the Baptist, did not recognize Jesus as the messiah (Contra Celsum, I, 47).

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
How is my not reading the bible.....lying about the bible?
Must be another syndrome of yours.....the I forgot Syndrome......lol!!!
How can you say what the Bible says if you haven't read it???? Seems like the 'I don't have to back up what I say' syndrome to me.....
1 post removed

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

cont from earlier post:(6) The famous historian Gibbon claims the passage is a forgery as do many theologians.(7) The passage interrupts the narrative. Immediately before it Josephus tells of a rising of the Jews due to bitter feeling at the conduct of Pilate, and its bloody suppression by the ruling power. The words immediately following the passage are: "Also about this time another misfortune befell the Jews" and we are told of the expulsion of the Jews from Rome by Tiberius on account of the conduct of some of their compatriots. What is the connection between the reference to Jesus and these two narratives? That there must be some connection if Josephus wrote the passage about Jesus goes without saying in view of the character of the writer. Josephus was always careful to have a logical connection between his statements and from a rational standpoint there is no occasion whatever to put the passage about Jesus in the connection in which we find it.(8) The language of this passage is quite Christian and most of the passage is blaphemous from the Jewish perspective.(9) Josephus nowhere else mentioned the word Christ in any of his works, except in reference to James, Jesus' brother (Antiquities, Book 20, Chp. 9,1).(10) And lastly, the Arabic translation of the text, which many consider more accurate, is: "At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus. And his conduct was good, and (He) was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned Him to be crucified and to die. And those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that He had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion and that He was alive; accordingly, He was perhaps the Messiah concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders." The texts are markedly different in that:(1) The 1st says he was the Christ, while the Arabic text says perhaps he was.(2) The 1st says he appeared to them the 3rd day; the 2nd say, they reported that he had appeared.(3) The 1st says he was dispensing truth with pleasure; the 2nd says nothing about dispensing truth.(4) The 2nd account never implies that he was anything other than a man.(5) And finally,the 2nd account says his conduct was good, while the 1st says he was a "doer of wonderful works," which could be interpreted as miracles.

Jesus never existed.
1 post removed

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say what the Bible says if you haven't read it???? Seems like the 'I don't have to back up what I say' syndrome to me.....
Who has EVER stated that I have not read the bible?I have stated that I don't believe in the bible because it has WAY to many contradictions in it and was written by men.....not God or Jesus.

Now, you have the "I don't understand Syndrome"!!!

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Luke 2:1-20
King James Version (KJV)

2 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed.

2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)

3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.

4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)

5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.

6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.

7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

JESUS 'absolutely' exists.....NEXT!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••