Obama Announces Full Support for Gay ...

Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

There are 26163 comments on the politix.topix.com story from May 9, 2012, titled Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage. In it, politix.topix.com reports that:

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at politix.topix.com.

straight shooter

Barre, VT

#26906 Feb 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
So you're a lawyer who doesn't understand the entire basis of civil law? Duly noted.
<quoted text>
whats funny is, you confused MONA'S position with mine!

The both of you are dumb as rocks...
duly noted sir.
straight shooter

Barre, VT

#26907 Feb 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Everyone has the choice of obeying the law or not. If they CHOOSE to disobey, then they are liable for their decision. That isn't being forced to do anything.
<quoted text>
so we are not "forced" to pay taxes, RIGHT?

so no one was forced into slavery since if they didn't comply they just shot them...

back to REALITY:
"forced, forc·ing, forc·es
1. To compel through pressure or necessity: I forced myself to practice daily. He was forced to take a second job."

so the idea that forced means we must make someone do it is asinine...
we merely need to compel them with penalties...
Neil Andblowme

West New York, NJ

#26908 Feb 8, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
no, you didnt, I merely applied what you said to other concepts of law and yup, turns out what you said was very dumb..
you are a fruckin moron...
Geez, pal.... you're off the deep end. Do you see that you just admitted to making shit up???
Neil Andblowme

West New York, NJ

#26909 Feb 8, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it, its your position that the law doesn't "force" us to do anything...
its clear for anyone to see...
own your stupidity.
Why were the owners of the Inn fined?
Neil Andblowme

West New York, NJ

#26910 Feb 8, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
so no one was forced into slavery since if they didn't comply they just shot them...
back to REALITY:
1. To compel through pressure or necessity: I forced myself to practice daily. He was forced to take a second job."
No one but YOU mentioned taxes, and now you're throwing slavery into the mix?

You're one hot mess.
straight shooter

Barre, VT

#26911 Feb 8, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, pal.... you're off the deep end. Do you see that you just admitted to making shit up???
no, I admitted I used an example to show you were full of shit...
your just too dumb to grasp it...

what job did you have at GE fraud boy?
straight shooter

Barre, VT

#26912 Feb 8, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>No one but YOU mentioned taxes, and now you're throwing slavery into the mix?
You're one hot mess.
yes, I brought up taxes to show how your use of "forced" is bullfloopy..
still is.
and you are a total moron to pretend that your original attempt at a point make sense...

on the marking my post #76 as spam and getting it removed...well played, you are a greater fraud than expected...
kudos...

you are a master at those icons buddy!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#26913 Feb 8, 2013
You mistake duty for force. You partake of the beneits of government; those things must be paid for by taxes. If you don't pay your taxes, you will be taken to court for your BILL, plus penalties. Only when it reaches the court stage are you forced to do anything; Up until that time, you merely have an obligation. I've never been forced to pay taxes because I recognize my responsibility to do so.
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
back to REALITY:
straight shooter

Barre, VT

#26914 Feb 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You mistake duty for force. I've never been forced to pay taxes because I recognize my responsibility to do so.
<quoted text>
petey, you are in far left field...

we are COMPELLED or COERCED top pay taxes by penalties and fines...
in other words, we are FORCED to pay taxes...

I'll put the question for you to dodge..

1. do our laws FORCE ANY behavior? if so, give an example.

Indianapolis

#26915 Feb 8, 2013
A law cannot force anything; it's words on paper which we choose to obey or not to obey. If we choose to disobey, then we also choose the possible repercussions.
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Neil Andblowme

West New York, NJ

#26916 Feb 8, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
no, I admitted I used an example to show you were full of shit...
your just too dumb to grasp it...
what job did you have at GE fraud boy?
You used an example YOU MADE UP and then blamed me for it anyway. You are not logical.
Neil Andblowme

West New York, NJ

#26917 Feb 8, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
on the marking my post #76 as spam and getting it removed...well played, you are a greater fraud than expected...
kudos...
you are a master at those icons buddy!
Now I know beyond any shadow of a doubt that you are just some moron in his mommy's basement.
Neil Andblowme

West New York, NJ

#26918 Feb 8, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the only person talking about taxes.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#26919 Feb 8, 2013
Martinique Nixes Homosexual Marriage in Fantastic Speech
English Manif
Bruno Nestor Azerot [Translation by Robert Oscar Lopez]
February 1, 2013
Madame District Attorney, Madame Minister, Mr. President. Dear Colleagues.
Until now I have supported all bills and commitments of the Left. But there is, today, a deep confusion that gets in the way for me. The freedom of conscience allows me to speak honestly from abroad (Martinique) to the issues for the people of this chamber, whose opinions are diverse. Speaking for French citizens abroad, on the whole, we are opposed to homosexual marriage. The bill proposed would bring down all the structures, values, and understandings that have held together the social world of our archipelago.
This voice of the French overseas must be heard and taken into account. I must speak to the electorate and rectify their confusion about what is happening here and now. The risk here is tremendous, that the government might cause an irreparable rift. The proposed bill does not offer supplementary liberties in truth. In fact, the proposed bill weakens the already delicate social framework that has bulwarked the Antillean and Anguillan islands in the wake of our liberation from slavery. I will go further: there is even the risk here that the bill would invalidate the pact that has tied us to the Republic of France for 200 years and more.
This idea of homosexual marriage calls for, on my part, very deep reflection. Let us first distinguish clearly between the issue of homosexuality and the issue of gay marriage. To conflate the two, as some orators have done in this chamber, is dishonest. Homosexuality is a practice, something done in the privacy of one's home, and of course we must acknowledge it and offer legal protection to those who do this in their private life. On the other hand, gay marriage and gay adoption lift up into the public sphere an idea that would overturn the whole system of norms, and replace them with new norms regarding descent, child-rearing, and procreation.
This is where we must draw the line.
Can we speak of freedom and progress? How? When we are essentially forcing a juridical framework for marriage in place of one that formerly existed naturally? It existed, before, in light of a man and a woman who could sire a child. To confer gay marriages means to replace procreative marriage for marriage based on feeling. The child is no longer the focal point of marriage, and the people outside of the marriage might have a desire for a child, it doesn't matter if they are even married.
So let's see what this means. Marriage is now a sentimental concept open to anyone, straight or gay, male or female. This will bring the risk of losing the fundamental value of our society. We would be imposing hedonist individualism to replace our earlier vision of personhood based on solidarity, equality, liberty, and fraternity.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26920 Feb 8, 2013
The family, which has been the constitutive unit since the our founding, since the Revolution, since the emancipation from slavery -- will explode in the literal sense of the word. Our charge is great standing before history. As for me, a man born to an oppressed people, reduced to slavery, in which the social system denied a man and a woman the right to marry and have a legitimate child -- marriage was forbidden!-- I bear witness here to the fact that freedom comes from recognizing difference and not in pretending that sameness is equal to difference.
Now, let us ask ourselves: In the name of equality, and in the name of ending discrimination, can we establish an equivalence for all couples? I think, on the contrary, that we cannot place heterosexuality and homosexuality on the same map. A man and a woman is not the same as two men or two women. To establish a new equivalence, a new equality, a new norm, will deny reality. That will re-establish oppression by creating confusion in the area of sexual practice. It would be a diktat against the life force in humanity, and hence against the rights of man. To deny the difference between man and woman is to deny sexual difference. This is re-introducing oppression upon the woman and taking away the rights given to her when she was emancipated. This law will oppress us by forcing us to silence our knowledge that man and woman differ, because to speak such knowledge, we risk being labeled discriminatory.
And what of the child? Since two men and two women cannot procreate, what are we to do? We need a man and a woman to produce a child. There is no avoiding what happens next. We will have to legalize medically assisted procreation in the name of recognizing the legality of the child of same-sex couples. But it is not laws that deprive homosexuals of children, no, it is nature. So these couples, like sterile couples, will now be guaranteed the right to have insemination or surrogacy. Therefore where is the new freedom here? How do you expect a man whose ancestors have been sold not to be haunted by this?
It is in the Left's power now. I am a man of the Left. It is because I am of the Left that I prefer the human and humanism to what is being passed for it in this text. I speak for the men and women overseas, who are poor [he gives some statistics about the poverty of France's overseas provinces]
With all that the overseas states are suffering, what have you placed at the top of the agenda? Jobs, hopes, a chance for a better life? No, gay marriage. Well, as a committed man of the Left, I will not vote for this bill, which will do great damage to our people, and especially the men and women of France who live overseas. Thank you.

Indianapolis

#26921 Feb 8, 2013
What a coward.

If SSM can completely overturn their entire society, it's too fragile to survive anyway.

Oh, and good luck seceding from france...they aren't likely to give up a tourism cash cow like that.
Pietro Armando wrote:
The family, which has been the constitutive unit since the our founding, since the Revolution, since the emancipation from slavery -- will explode in the literal sense of the word. Our charge is great standing before history. As for me, a man born to an oppressed people, reduced to slavery, in which the social system denied a man and a woman the right to marry and have a legitimate child -- marriage was forbidden!-- I bear witness here to the fact that freedom comes from recognizing difference and not in pretending that sameness is equal to difference.
Now, let us ask ourselves: In the name of equality, and in the name of ending discrimination, can we establish an equivalence for all couples? I think, on the contrary, that we cannot place heterosexuality and homosexuality on the same map. A man and a woman is not the same as two men or two women. To establish a new equivalence, a new equality, a new norm, will deny reality. That will re-establish oppression by creating confusion in the area of sexual practice. It would be a diktat against the life force in humanity, and hence against the rights of man. To deny the difference between man and woman is to deny sexual difference. This is re-introducing oppression upon the woman and taking away the rights given to her when she was emancipated. This law will oppress us by forcing us to silence our knowledge that man and woman differ, because to speak such knowledge, we risk being labeled discriminatory.
And what of the child? Since two men and two women cannot procreate, what are we to do? We need a man and a woman to produce a child. There is no avoiding what happens next. We will have to legalize medically assisted procreation in the name of recognizing the legality of the child of same-sex couples. But it is not laws that deprive homosexuals of children, no, it is nature. So these couples, like sterile couples, will now be guaranteed the right to have insemination or surrogacy. Therefore where is the new freedom here? How do you expect a man whose ancestors have been sold not to be haunted by this?
It is in the Left's power now. I am a man of the Left. It is because I am of the Left that I prefer the human and humanism to what is being passed for it in this text. I speak for the men and women overseas, who are poor [he gives some statistics about the poverty of France's overseas provinces]
With all that the overseas states are suffering, what have you placed at the top of the agenda? Jobs, hopes, a chance for a better life? No, gay marriage. Well, as a committed man of the Left, I will not vote for this bill, which will do great damage to our people, and especially the men and women of France who live overseas. Thank you.
1 post removed

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#26923 Feb 9, 2013
The times they are a changin'! Great Britain this week. So now the sun never sets on GAY MARRIAGES!
Frankie RIzzo

Hayward, CA

#26924 Feb 9, 2013
Now tell me honestly fellow posters, do you think someone with the nic "Neil Andblowme" is maybe a useless dopey troll?

I do!
Frankie RIzzo

Hayward, CA

#26925 Feb 9, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
The times they are a changin'! Great Britain this week. So now the sun never sets on GAY MARRIAGES!
No surprise there, England has always been a very gay country!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#26926 Feb 9, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise there, England has always been a very gay country!
What did Archie, as in Bunker, say about England?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 4 min Trumps Swamp Refill 647
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Aquarius-wy 1,460,367
News Kentucky Has a Gay Senate Candidate - Does Anyb... 6 min Cordwainer Trout 11
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min EAGLE EYE1 404,352
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Jay 253,599
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 12 min Quirky 2,322
News CIA says Russia favored Donald Trump in election 15 min bottlecap 3
News Trump says cancel new Air Force One: Costs 'out... 1 hr clay 150
More from around the web