Broken Record: Fox Still Falsely Claiming That Snow Disproves Global Warming

Jan 27, 2011 Full story: Media Matters for America 51

Fox News and other right-wing media routinely use snow to cast doubt on global warming, and internal emails from Fox News' Washington bureau show that in the past Fox employees have been instructed to question climate science.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Northie

Spokane, WA

#1 Jan 27, 2011
Fox and everyone's cranky old brother in law!

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#2 Jan 28, 2011
"Fox employees have been instructed to question climate science."
Is it no longer legal to question climate science?
Has it been raised to an unquestionable status?
Believers don't question it, so someone has to.
To accept it without question would be absolutely stupid.
Have all the questions been asked?
No, of course they haven't.
Has all the research been carried out?
No, of course it hasn't.
The fact that it's going to cost a lot more than it already has to finally discover that we're being asked to fight an unwinnable battle is neither here nor there.
Just carry on spending taxpayer's money on it, they have no say in that.
Fun Facts

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Jan 28, 2011
Journalists are supposed to question what is going on. That is one reason for the freedom of the press.

FOX appears to be asking the questions most of us are asking. The questions are not the problem, it's the lack of answers that are the cause of concern.
YouHelpFixIt

Scottsdale, AZ

#4 Jan 28, 2011
Please just remmber this when you read the next article claiming that hot weather proves global warming.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#5 Jan 28, 2011
YouHelpFixIt wrote:
Please just remember this when you read the next article claiming that hot weather proves global warming.
How could anyone forget that hot, cold, extreme or anything in between proves GW, especially AGW?
LessHypeMoreFact

Orangeville, Canada

#6 Jan 28, 2011
There is a reason they named it faux(sic) news..

Too bad the couldn't spell it right but then you ARE dealing with some pretty dim characters.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#7 Jan 28, 2011
The day Fox stops lying is the day these characters aren't funding it...

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/lists/wh...

(And how could they forget the Saudi royals?)
litesong

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Jan 28, 2011
Earthling-1 wrote:
Is it no longer legal to question climate science?
With an error of 500 million TIMES & a 92% error on a subject you introduced, there is no question you disqualified yourself from asking questions.
cjrian

United States

#9 Jan 29, 2011
Media Matters claims FNC is using mockery, and supports their assertion MOCKINLGY. Mockery is one of MM's stock responses. I am singularly not surprised by this, after all MediaMatters is the same "factchecker" that "validated" Obama's healthcare claims by citing Obama. Then Obama used MediaMatters' "independent" analysis as proof of his own veracity. There's an impolite name for that, but more formally could be called a Logical Fallacy by reason of Circular Logic. "A" makes a claim. "B" cites "A". "A" cites "B" as proof of claim. Huh???

Without getting into details of the failure of Global Climate Change (any 9th grader could, with some basic research, turn AGW/Climate Change Theory into Swiss Cheese), there are inherent problems with Methodology.

Some of these problems are:

* Open data source(s) and data manipulation methods - the IPCC and East Anglia have been secretive on both counts. Of the little that is known, they used used provably poor data selection (cherry picking) and what is known off their algorithms (via the "stolen" emails and information) is nonsense.

* Unbiased research - These "researchers" should have been the most vociferous critics of their own work. If one works to disprove or find exceptions to ones own Theory and the Theory still holds, only then is it presentable for Review, where it must withstand another onslaught. Rather than looking for errors in their assertions, these "researchers" went to extremes to cover up anomalies.

* Above reproach - The "stolen" emails reveal these "researchers" to be media and scientific manipulators. They used their leverage to sway publications against publishing articles critical to their "work" and political connections to silence critics. It is one thing to publicly debate, and another to stifle debate. That is unethical.

* Findings Subject to Peer review - Independent analysis particularly by skeptics, is key to "proving" a Theory. If a Theory successfully survives the most fierce attacks by skeptics then that adds validity to the assertion. The IPCC and East Anglia refused any such reviews, and in fact, quashed all attempts at independent review of their material.

* Replicable results by independent parties - This falls along the lines of Peer Review. Results must be replicable. Testing of data and data manipulation techniques by independent evaluators should evince the same (or nearly so) results. As it is now, the IPCC and East Anglia cannot even reproduce their OWN results. Claims to have successfully produced cold fusion failed on this count. Results were not replicable and thus the assertions were discarded as a hoax.

As for MediaMatters? This "organization" is no more than a shill for Obama and the Left. Bought and paid for by the Left holding ZERO credibility.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#10 Jan 29, 2011
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
There is a reason they named it faux(sic) news..
Too bad [the] couldn't spell it right but then you ARE dealing with some pretty dim characters.
"The" couldn't spell it right, which the?
"Dim characters," you mean like the guy who swears 40 is spelt fourty?
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
.Still [confuseed] about the English Language I see.
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
Even [epystimologists] cannot say that their dictionaries are accurate.
Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty, the laughing stock of Topix GW forum.
realist

Greensboro, NC

#11 Jan 29, 2011
You guys just do not understand. Sometimes it just gets so cold that it is hot and sometimes it gets so hot that it is cold. Now do you understand ?

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#12 Jan 29, 2011
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
There is a reason they named it faux(sic) news..
Too bad the couldn't spell it right but then you ARE dealing with some pretty dim characters.
Actually they did spell it right. Of course your real complaint is that they tell the news that you would prefer not be told. They point out the things you wish to remain out of view.Considering how many times the other news outlets have been caught fudging the facts leaves Fox looking as the most reliable source for the news.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#13 Jan 29, 2011
Northie wrote:
The day Fox stops lying is the day these characters aren't funding it...
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/lists/wh...
(And how could they forget the Saudi royals?)
Blocking progress at a social agenda being cloaked in scientific sounding mumbo jumobo that falls flat when examined. The only ones who lied were those who promoted AGW and like any lie it fell apart over time.
I AM DIGITAP

Folsom, CA

#14 Jan 29, 2011
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Blocking progress at a social agenda being cloaked in scientific sounding mumbo jumobo that falls flat when examined. The only ones who lied were those who promoted AGW and like any lie it fell apart over time.
There it is.
YouHelpFixIt

Scottsdale, AZ

#15 Jan 31, 2011
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
There is a reason they named it faux(sic) news..
Too bad the couldn't spell it right but then you ARE dealing with some pretty dim characters.
You think Fox is spelled with a "u", just like you spell "fourty".

HAHAH!

PS. You should have seen that one coming!
1 post removed
Northie

Portland, OR

#17 Jan 31, 2011
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Blocking progress at a social agenda being cloaked in scientific sounding mumbo jumobo that falls flat when examined. The only ones who lied were those who promoted AGW and like any lie it fell apart over time.
Tina, what do you suppose Saudi Prince Alwaleed's social agenda is? Do you suppose he is the second-largest investor in Fox News due to its poor business fundamentals?

If it weren't so common, it would be amazing to hear American tea party conservatives rant in support of dictators and kings.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#18 Jan 31, 2011
Broken record: Globull Warming will continue until you give Al Gore all of your money.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#19 Feb 2, 2011
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
Tina, what do you suppose Saudi Prince Alwaleed's social agenda is? Do you suppose he is the second-largest investor in Fox News due to its poor business fundamentals?
If it weren't so common, it would be amazing to hear American tea party conservatives rant in support of dictators and kings.
The same thing the Saudi's are doing when they invested in other news organizations. It is no surprise to the average people that they have invested in many business. After you can only buy so many toys like a 747 and a couple of Airbuses before that gets boring. Take a look at the list of companies the Suadi's are invested in and you discover that isn't the only news company or business that they are invested in. Yes he is the forht largest invester in Fox but he has also invested in other companies including Citicorp, Apple, AOL, not to mention invested in things like hotels and Hollywood.

Face it, your just looking for an excuse to hate Fox NEws. You do not like what they report and how is disturbs your view of the world. The fact is while he is considered the a major investor in Fox with 7% it isn't the only thing he is invested in and not anything like a controlling interest. About the same amount he invested in OBama.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#20 Feb 2, 2011
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
The same thing the Saudi's are doing when they invested in other news organizations. It is no surprise to the average people that they have invested in many business. After you can only buy so many toys like a 747 and a couple of Airbuses before that gets boring. Take a look at the list of companies the Suadi's are invested in and you discover that isn't the only news company or business that they are invested in. Yes he is the forht largest invester in Fox but he has also invested in other companies including Citicorp, Apple, AOL, not to mention invested in things like hotels and Hollywood.
Face it, your just looking for an excuse to hate Fox NEws. You do not like what they report and how is disturbs your view of the world. The fact is while he is considered the a major investor in Fox with 7% it isn't the only thing he is invested in and not anything like a controlling interest. About the same amount he invested in OBama.
Still making it up as you go. Some would call that lying.

Alwaleed is the second-largest investor in News Corp, not the fourth largest. He's now in close partnership with largest investor Rupert Murdoch, who is returning the favor by backing Alwaleed's other media holdings in the Middle East. Alwaleed's other principal US holding is Citigroup, which figures.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/18/saud...

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#21 Feb 2, 2011
Northie wrote:
Still making it up as you go.
You have no need to make anything up, someone does that for you and you feed on it.
Northie wrote:
Some would call that lying.
I'm sure you would.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 2 min Michael Litt 3,422
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Rogue Scholar 05 185,171
Packersa Jarrett Bush arrested for public intox... 3 min Laughing Bear Fan 4
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Valerie 313,787
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min flack 1,193,382
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min Feces for pagans 309,007
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Le Duped 172,626
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 24 min Le Duped 1,985
5As House panel issues subpoenas, questions mou... 33 min Le Duped 28
More from around the web