Mayor's office works to solve homeles...

Mayor's office works to solve homeless issue in city

There are 15 comments on the FOX59.com story from Oct 2, 2012, titled Mayor's office works to solve homeless issue in city. In it, FOX59.com reports that:

There are new concerns that the city's homeless could be costing Indianapolis big money and business.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FOX59.com.

Ray

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Oct 2, 2012
What is Ballard going todo! Have a cocktail with the homeless or take them to Hawaii ?
Occupy

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Oct 2, 2012
Leave them be or have some compassion and build more shelters. Ones that don't force a serving of Jesus down your throat before you can sleep or eat! Most would rather sleep on the street than put up with that.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#3 Oct 3, 2012
Most of them would rather be outside instead a shelter. "Force a serving of Jesus down your throat" may bother you but to them I don't believe it does. Maybe you should start funding your own shelter since these shelters are funded by churches.
Anyway, wasn't this one of Ballard's campaign issues? The city can do little to get rid of the homeless downtown. Citizens can. They go where they can make the most money panhandling. So when stupid people stop giving them money, tobacco, they will move on.
Occupy wrote:
Leave them be or have some compassion and build more shelters. Ones that don't force a serving of Jesus down your throat before you can sleep or eat! Most would rather sleep on the street than put up with that.
The Ultimate Kaptoz

Carmel, IN

#4 Oct 3, 2012
I have a plan for Ballard to address homelessness in Indianapolis . Tell Hoosiers to vote out Obama.
Occupy

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Oct 3, 2012
DavidM wrote:
<quoted text>Most of them would rather be outside instead a shelter. "Force a serving of Jesus down your throat" may bother you but to them I don't believe it does. Maybe you should start funding your own shelter since these shelters are funded by churches.
Anyway, wasn't this one of Ballard's campaign issues? The city can do little to get rid of the homeless downtown. Citizens can. They go where they can make the most money panhandling. So when stupid people stop giving them money, tobacco, they will move on.
Leave them be it is. I don't care if they stay there forever. I hope they turn Georgia street into a tent city.
Ray

Chicago, IL

#6 Oct 3, 2012
Hope Ballard will be homeless soon.
Somebody Should Care

Carmel, IN

#7 Oct 3, 2012
It cost cities approximately $40,000 a year per homeless person the experts say.(Hospital stays, jail time and court time)It appears the wiser thing to do is care about the people, offer them housing, counseling, health care,etc... according to the data.
And help the people become law abiding citizens, with jobs and housing, not just sleeping quarters at shelters. It is time for everyone to have housing in the US, it is a real shame we haven't had this in operation years ago.
Lynn

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Oct 3, 2012
Somebody Should Care wrote:
It cost cities approximately $40,000 a year per homeless person the experts say.(Hospital stays, jail time and court time)It appears the wiser thing to do is care about the people, offer them housing, counseling, health care,etc... according to the data.
And help the people become law abiding citizens, with jobs and housing, not just sleeping quarters at shelters. It is time for everyone to have housing in the US, it is a real shame we haven't had this in operation years ago.
You sound like an Obama communist!

Indianapolis

#9 Oct 3, 2012
We use to have a old saying down on the farm. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Same for the homeless. Now I believe I heard of a city that tried something that worked. Put them up in an apartment and gave them all they could drink. They did not call 911.
Somebody Should Care

Carmel, IN

#10 Oct 3, 2012
DavidM wrote:
We use to have a old saying down on the farm. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Same for the homeless. Now I believe I heard of a city that tried something that worked. Put them up in an apartment and gave them all they could drink. They did not call 911.
<quoted text>
All Homeless people have a story, who are you- to judge? It only takes a job loss,.... Have you read a paper lately? Do you see things getting better for anyone in Europe or US? We are all together in the present situation called the economy.
Eli Coming

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Oct 3, 2012
Helping the homeless is like helping Obama win the election and to realize his goal of turning us into a Muslim nation.

Given alms to the poor is a Muslim thing. US Christians kicked them in the face and put a boot on their necks. If God is punishing them, we should help.
Somebody Should Care

Carmel, IN

#12 Oct 3, 2012
Lynn wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like an Obama communist!
Try a Google search. "How much does it cost for homeless person" They are arrested, it costs money for court papers, court costs, judge, clerk, then they have to go to hospitals..frost bite, health problems, get arrested again because they didn't go to court, because they never received paperwork from court because they don't have an address. Who do you think pays for it, you do from your taxes. It would cost less to give them permanent low cost housing and a job. Just facts, do research before you call people names or make comments you know nothing about.
Somebody Should Care

Carmel, IN

#13 Oct 3, 2012
Eli Coming wrote:
Helping the homeless is like helping Obama win the election and to realize his goal of turning us into a Muslim nation.
Given alms to the poor is a Muslim thing. US Christians kicked them in the face and put a boot on their necks. If God is punishing them, we should help.
Jesus said to help the poor. God believes in helping the poor,just wondering where your info originates from?
Eli Coming

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Oct 3, 2012
<quoted text>
Jesus said to help the poor. God believes in helping the poor,just wondering where your info originates from?
That was the old Jesus. The Jesus for today brings us the Prosperity Gospel. Good Christians just naturely get wealthy as a reward from God. Only heathens, muslims, and reprobates are poor. They deserve the Hell they are in.

Indianapolis

#15 Oct 4, 2012
He also said if you give a man a fish, he has one meal. If you teach him how to fish, he has food the rest of his life. Have you read If a man does not work, let him not eat.? And lastly how do we know those people on the corner are really poor or putting the money towards alcohol or drugs?
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump blasts 'super liberal Democrat' in Georgi... 1 min ILLEGAL A-HOLE 64
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Grumpy 1,522,737
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min WelbyMD 240,360
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 10 min The Troll Stopper 5,600
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 16 min Princess Finny Fe... 2,078
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 16 min Ronald 53
News Donald Trump on first 100 days: It's a differen... 16 min The Prez Is Fat 25
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min free 265,340
News Attorney General doesn't realize Hawaii is a state 43 min Lawrence Wolf 344
News Top StoryTrump tells young immigrants in US ill... 2 hr 07 Mustang 86
News Americans have rendered their verdict on the fi... 3 hr 07 Mustang 119
More from around the web