Atheists Attack: Billboards Hit Romne...

Atheists Attack: Billboards Hit Romney, Obama Beliefs

There are 432 comments on the Fox News story from Aug 22, 2012, titled Atheists Attack: Billboards Hit Romney, Obama Beliefs. In it, Fox News reports that:

Just as the city of Charlotte, N.C., gears up to host the Democratic National Convention, an atheist group is mounting a billboard campaign attacking the religious faiths of President Obama and GOP challenger Mitt Romney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

Since: Jan 11

Abingdon, VA

#348 Aug 27, 2012
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Aha another in dire need of education.
http://www.humanitas-international.org/showca...
"And finally we were also the first to point the people on any large scale to a danger which insinuated itself into our midst - a danger which millions failed to realize and which will nonetheless lead us all into ruin - the Jewish danger. And today people are saying yet again that we were 'agitators.' "I would like here to appeal to a greater than I, Count Lerchenfeld. He said in the last session of the Landtag that his feeling 'as a man and a Christian' prevented him from being an anti-Semite. I SAY: MY FEELING AS A CHRISTIAN POINTS ME TO MY LORD AND SAVIOUR AS A FIGHTER. IT POINTS ME TO THE MAN WHO ONCE IN LONELINESS, SURROUNDED ONLY BY A FEW FOLLOWERS, RECOGNIZED THESE JEWS FOR WHAT THEY WERE AND SUMMONED MEN TO THE FIGHT AGAINST THEM AND WHO, GOD'S TRUTH! WAS GREATEST NOT AS SUFFERER BUT AS FIGHTER. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and of adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before - the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice. And as a man I have the duty to see to it that human society does not suffer the same catastrophic collapse as did the civilization of the ancient world some two thousand years ago - a civilization which was driven to its ruin through this same Jewish people.
How about 100's of good old Xtian pictures in bed wih the Nazi's?
http://anticlerical.multiply.com/photos/album...
The true EVIL is religion.
It may not move mountains but it sure can move skycrapers.
http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2010/04/catholic-...
“One must state it plainly. Religion comes from the period of human prehistory where nobody—not even the mighty Democritus who concluded that all matter was made from atoms—had the smallest idea what was going on.
It comes from the bawling and fearful infancy of our species, and is a babyish attempt to meet our inescapable demand for knowledge (as well as for comfort, reassurance and other infantile needs).
Today the least educated of my children knows much more about the natural order than any of the founders of religion, and one would like to think—though the connection is not a fully demonstrable one—that this is why they seem so uninterested in sending fellow humans to hell.
Was that a public statement? Refer to post #333. Just like every other politician. Remember this one. Why, he even sounds like a republican.
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#349 Aug 27, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
In God We Trust, E pluribus unum! Sorry nothing you could say here would convince me to be atheist! Have a good day. <quoted text>
In Gods We RUST

Know GOD?
"Know" nothing
No GOD?
No Problem

Have a great day yourself!

Atheists are not your problem - it is your religion and it's myriad of followers each with a different view of the same book repleat - with various rituals and behaviours.

Are you a Mormon?
Are Mormon really Xtians?
Good question for the 'true believer'.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
~Christopher Hitchens
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#350 Aug 27, 2012
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that a public statement? Refer to post #333. Just like every other politician. Remember this one. Why, he even sounds like a republican.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =N6K9dS9wl7UXX
The TRUTH hurts!

They are plently of facts if you have the initative to seek them.
And here is a You Tube for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#351 Aug 27, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You show your lack of brains as usual and the liberal upbringing of being a moron. It doesn't matter what Hitler wrote. Obama also claims to be a christian. The only problem with that is he is a cronic liar, a thief and a supporter of killing babies.....even after a failed abortion and the baby has been born.....making it murder. Jesus said many will come calling my name, but I know them not........go back to the sandpile. I'll bet you were a hit with the 5 year olds.
Are you on drugs or simply stupid?
Does a logical thought ever cross that brain of yours?

With over 1200 Christian organizations, the USA has a greater number of Jesus fan clubs than any other country in the world. The proliferation of variegated brands of Christianity in America is so extreme that it acquires a comic dimension. One might discern only a subtle difference in name between, say, the "Evangelical Congregational Church" and the "Evangelical Covenant Church", or the "Church of God in Christ" and "Church of Christ" but miss a gulf of doctrinal distinction.

But then, who is bothered about doctrine anyway? Denominations, a source of so much anguish and bloodshed in the past, have diminishing importance in the era of evangelical psychosis, mega-churches and apocalyptic blockbusters. The important thing is to "have religion". "With religion" you are a patriot, defending the American way of life; without religion you are a subversive radical, an enemy.

Christianity USA is all show business and emotional razzmatazz. Organised as international corporations, with a globalised "mission" of subsidiary offices, its product is propaganda, pouring in prodigious quantity from a network of TV and radio stations and publishing houses. The intent is to draw further millions into the mass of devotees.

In choreographed extravaganzas Pastor whips up mindless love of Jesus and serious fund raising, and then retreats to his opulent sanctuary, content in knowing that he is a tireless servant of the Lord.

Collecting Cash for God!

"So what did God do? He GAVE the very thing He needed – His only begotten Son, the best gift heaven could give! What did God receive? Yes, we know – billions of sons and daughters! God lives by His own law – you GIVE if you expect to RECEIVE!"
~Paul Crouch of the Trinity Broadcasting Network espouses the "theology" of fleecing the sheep on behalf of a needy God.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams
John

Quinlan, TX

#352 Aug 27, 2012
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
With over 1200 Christian organizations, the USA has a greater number of Jesus fan clubs than any other country in the world. The proliferation of variegated brands of Christianity in America is so extreme that it acquires a comic dimension. One might discern only a subtle difference in name between, say, the "Evangelical Congregational Church" and the "Evangelical Covenant Church", or the "Church of God in Christ" and "Church of Christ" but miss a gulf of doctrinal distinction.
But then, who is bothered about doctrine anyway? Denominations, a source of so much anguish and bloodshed in the past, have diminishing importance in the era of evangelical psychosis, mega-churches and apocalyptic blockbusters. The important thing is to "have religion". "With religion" you are a patriot, defending the American way of life; without religion you are a subversive radical, an enemy.
Christianity USA is all show business and emotional razzmatazz. Organised as international corporations, with a globalised "mission" of subsidiary offices, its product is propaganda, pouring in prodigious quantity from a network of TV and radio stations and publishing houses. The intent is to draw further millions into the mass of devotees.
In choreographed extravaganzas Pastor whips up mindless love of Jesus and serious fund raising, and then retreats to his opulent sanctuary, content in knowing that he is a tireless servant of the Lord.
Collecting Cash for God!
"So what did God do? He GAVE the very thing He needed – His only begotten Son, the best gift heaven could give! What did God receive? Yes, we know – billions of sons and daughters! God lives by His own law – you GIVE if you expect to RECEIVE!"
~Paul Crouch of the Trinity Broadcasting Network espouses the "theology" of fleecing the sheep on behalf of a needy God.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams
No, He's just stupid. How many people have die in the name of religion. "In Jesus' name" What the hell does that mean? It's not in the name, it's in the spirit. Most Christians are a bunch of hypocrits.
PUT DOWN THAT SWORD!
Wake Up

United States

#353 Aug 27, 2012
You are not my problem, I have no problem with what you do, that is up to you. I am not telling you what to do, so why are "preaching to me lol". I am worried about passing the 16 trillion dollars debt to my kids and future grandkids, and everything the last four years of the housing market, unemployment, failed green agenda, jobs not so shovel ready stimulus, repealing obamacare, etc. than what religion someone is or is not. The mormon question is here for one purpose, can see where you are heading with this one, you are a obama drone correct? Who cares what you believe or not... take a hike pal.
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
In Gods We RUST
Know GOD?
"Know" nothing
No GOD?
No Problem
Have a great day yourself!
Atheists are not your problem - it is your religion and it's myriad of followers each with a different view of the same book repleat - with various rituals and behaviours.
Are you a Mormon?
Are Mormon really Xtians?
Good question for the 'true believer'.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
~Christopher Hitchens
Wake Up

United States

#354 Aug 27, 2012
You are sounding pretty "preachy" for a atheist, why do you care what someone else is or isn't. Do you have any choir music for your sermons here lol.
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Collecting Cash for God!
-Douglas Adams
Wake Up

United States

#355 Aug 27, 2012
Here is a party that I cannot vote for, look at what the last four years record of Obama, just a name a few... Unemployment 23 million, over 50 percent of college grads can't find work with their degrees, the new welfare work requirements consists of personal journaling and the like, over a trillion dollars spent on a not so shovel ready jobs package, our homes values down 38 percent, cash for clunkers, bailouts, foreclosure overload with more on the way as they are now granting loans to those who can't afford them again, mortgages underwater everywhere, homes not selling, a failed green agenda where they took taxpayers dollars and pretended it is monopoly money, gas prices still over 4 dollars in Chicago, obamacare forced on us all with mandates, new taxes in obamacare, groceries up 30 percent, retail and shipping costs escalated, because of higher gas prices, the fake war on women and I am a woman who cares about unemployment, and they put down stay at home moms and the twitter response broke all records!, they want the woman vote, they will get the women who are married to the government for their support, and of course put y'all back in chains, and You didn't build that. Have you seen the video Nancy Pelosi's daughter made on welfare, check it out, it has obama bucks, four baby mommas, he gives me stuff.. Vote Obama out in November with this record it would be absurd to vote for him!
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
The TRUTH hurts!
They are plently of facts if you have the initative to seek them.
And here is a You Tube for you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
1 post removed
Superwilly

Butler, PA

#357 Aug 27, 2012
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Collecting Cash for God!
-Douglas Adams
I'm a believer and I agree with every point in your post.

I really think it odd that though christ never ever put a financial burden or demand on his followers, we seem to see a lot of legalists out there.
John

Quinlan, TX

#358 Aug 27, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You show your lack of brains as usual and the liberal upbringing of being a moron. It doesn't matter what Hitler wrote. Obama also claims to be a christian. The only problem with that is he is a cronic liar, a thief and a supporter of killing babies.....even after a failed abortion and the baby has been born.....making it murder. Jesus said many will come calling my name, but I know them not........go back to the sandpile. I'll bet you were a hit with the 5 year olds.
Jesus knows you not!
John

Quinlan, TX

#359 Aug 27, 2012
LaJimbo,
Why are so hateful and closeminded? Anything I was taught about Jesus, tells me He would very much disapprove of your development. Speak His name, but don't follow his teachings. Beyond ignorance you are. Look within and fix yourself for the sake of humanity.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#360 Aug 27, 2012
OhbamaCare = Denial of healthcare

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#361 Aug 28, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>What do lying get you, surly not any street creds. Christians do not ignore anything in the bible, hypocrites like you do.
How am I being hypocritical?

And yes, Christians ignore much of the Bible, like almost the entire Old Testament, which, again, is full of absurdities and atrocities.
ussurf

York, PA

#362 Aug 28, 2012
The bible is an intricate book and the most misunderstood writing of all time.
For one to label this mysterious masterpiece, a book of atrocities and absurdities shows a true lack of intelligence on the part of the reader.
What you are looking at is a book rich in history,scientific fact, prophecy,poetry,song and common sense.God is real, do not mock his wisdom, from whatever vantage point you choose for worship.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#363 Aug 28, 2012
ussurf wrote:
What you are looking at is a book rich in history,scientific fact, prophecy,poetry,song and common sense.
This statement is totally laughable.

The Bible contains numerous historical errors, most important Bible events are scientifically impossible, there isn't a single supernatural prophecy to be found, the "poetry" is highly overrated (most of the writing is very bland), and its "common sense" is nonsensical.

But at least you've got some songs. Congrats.
ussurf

York, PA

#364 Aug 28, 2012
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
This statement is totally laughable.
The Bible contains numerous historical errors, most important Bible events are scientifically impossible, there isn't a single supernatural prophecy to be found, the "poetry" is highly overrated (most of the writing is very bland), and its "common sense" is nonsensical.
But at least you've got some songs. Congrats.
The bible does indeed contain facts.Take for instance the mention of a dog returning to it's own vomit, does that ring a bell?
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#365 Aug 28, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
You are sounding pretty "preachy" for a atheist, why do you care what someone else is or isn't. Do you have any choir music for your sermons here lol. <quoted text>
Here is some choir music your are certain to - not only... understand but will laugh at!

Get your HARVEST now!
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#366 Aug 28, 2012
Superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a believer and I agree with every point in your post.
I really think it odd that though christ never ever put a financial burden or demand on his followers, we seem to see a lot of legalists out there.
At last a voice of common sense and reason. Cheers!

Although I cannot adopt a belief in imaginary dieties, I do respect those that do- provided they do not impose their religious dogma on me.

Here is an interesting site if you are curious about alleged 'holy books'

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

And... I feel like ANY religion is unecessary... WHY?

What needs imporlvement over these ancient texts?

"What is hateful to you, do not to our fellow man. That is entire Law, all the rest is commentary." -- Talmud, Shabbat 31a, from the Judaic tradition, circa 1300 BCE

"That nature alone is good which refrains from doing unto another whatsoever is not good for itself." -- Avesta, Dadistan-i-dinik 94:5, from the Zoroastrian tradition, circa 600 BCE

"Hurt not others in ways that you find hurtful." -- Tripitaka, Udanga-varga 5,18 , from the Buddhist tradition, circa 525 BCE

"Surely it is the maxim of loving kindness, do not unto others that which you would not have done unto you." -- Analects, Lun-yu XV,23, from the Confucian tradition, circa 500 BCE

"One should treat all beings as he himself would be treated." -- Agamas, Sutrakrtanga 1.10, 1-3, from the Jain tradition, circa 500 BCE

"Regard your neighbor's gain as your gain and your neighbor's loss as your loss." -- Tai-shang Kang-ying P'ien, from the Taoist tradition, circa 500 BCE

I'm CunningLinguist and I APPROVE this message!
Wake Up

United States

#367 Aug 28, 2012
Yes one of the leaders Friday at the DNC to hold a 2hr islamic prayer... a radical... When an imam like Siraj Wahhaj says “it his duty and our duty as Muslims to replace the US Constitution with the Quran…we need to speak up!”
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/dnc-announces... #
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is some choir music your are certain to - not only... understand but will laugh at!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =I7e9vnwTjJAXX
Get your HARVEST now!
1 post removed
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#369 Aug 28, 2012
Wake Up wrote:
Yes one of the leaders Friday at the DNC to hold a 2hr islamic prayer... a radical... When an imam like Siraj Wahhaj says “it his duty and our duty as Muslims to replace the US Constitution with the Quran…we need to speak up!”
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/dnc-announces... # <quoted text>
Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar.

They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace.

But I/WE have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse.

The history of the desert religions(Organized Superstition)is abominable. So much hatred and genocide, all in the 'name of' some imaginary diet.

NO THANKS - I prefer reality

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."
~Albert Einstein

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Regolith Based Li... 205,312
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... (Jun '15) 9 min True Judgement 789
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Grey Ghost 1,420,272
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 14 min abc 8,017
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Frankendrumpf 239,989
News Nigel Farage says 'Trump was my warm-up' and dr... 35 min Go Blue Forever 19
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 36 min WasteWater 1,606
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr Brian_G 393,402
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 4 hr bottlecap 140
More from around the web