Barack Obama to GOP: Dump Rush Limbaugh

There are 20 comments on the Jan 25, 2009, blogs.courant.com story titled Barack Obama to GOP: Dump Rush Limbaugh . In it, blogs.courant.com reports that:

This could get interesting. Obama v Limbaugh. #44 is telling the Rush Republicans to stop drinking Limbaugh's poisinous Kool-aid if they really want to contribute to change.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blogs.courant.com.

Spinach Pie

Ruston, LA

#68370 Jan 8, 2013
Its the Internet Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
"OMG OMG OMG" LMAO...are you a chick or what? You a guy? You Popeye or Olive Oil?
Quit trying to act smarter than you really are, trade your cheesepuffs for feta, and by all means eat your spinach.
Spinach Pie

Ruston, LA

#68371 Jan 8, 2013
THE DAILY CHANGE: CHUCK HAGEL IN 2011: PENTAGON BUDGET IS ‘BLOATED,’ IT MUST BE ‘PARED DOWN’
http://boldprogressives.org/chuck-hagel-in-20...
DO YOU THINK?
http://www.globalfirepower.com/defense-spendi...
More then the next 18 countries combined.... including our next biggest threat (according to Romney) China!!!!
Don't get me wrong I made a lot of earnings off the defense industry....but seriously it is ridiculous. I could tell you stories but than I would have to kill you....
Everyone knows all the budget are bloated. Nobody wants theirs cut.

During the Civil War, businessmen from NYC raced home from Washingtn DC exclaiming that anybody can sell anything to the government and at any price. Abe Lincoln started the income tax to help pay for it all.

How much of Boeing's business is defense related?
1 post removed
ITS THE INTERNET STUPID

Shelton, CT

#68373 Jan 8, 2013
Spinach Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows all the budget are bloated. Nobody wants theirs cut.
During the Civil War, businessmen from NYC raced home from Washingtn DC exclaiming that anybody can sell anything to the government and at any price. Abe Lincoln started the income tax to help pay for it all.
How much of Boeing's business is defense related?
Employment by division
Boeing Defense, Space & Security 65,014
Commercial Airplanes 70,014
Engineering, Operations & Technology 19,071
Finance & Shared Services 7,799
Other 2,597
Corporate -
Total Company 164,495
ITS THE INTERNET STUPID

Shelton, CT

#68374 Jan 8, 2013
From a revenue stand point it has been pretty much split between Defense and Commercial. However Boeing hss significantly upped it's deliveries on the commercial side as well as begun a serious reduction in costs on it's defense side. I saw an internal memo from an old collegue still there. I want to say some 10 billion anually from the defense operations side. Mostly through management realignments etc. So I think Boeing is seeing the future and preparing well for it.

More serious might be the 787 issues lately. Not good....

Don't forget they got the last big defense contract in the tanker. And I think they are positioned very good to win the Presidential Helicopter contract. Unfortunately that will not be as big as the Tanker deal.
Starlight

United States

#68375 Jan 8, 2013
ITS THE INTERNET STUPID wrote:
<quoted text>
Employment by division
Boeing Defense, Space & Security 65,014
Commercial Airplanes 70,014
Engineering, Operations & Technology 19,071
Finance & Shared Services 7,799
Other 2,597
Corporate -
Total Company 164,495
Boeing was on the news tonight.

Plane caught on fire
Starlight

United States

#68376 Jan 8, 2013
<quoted text>
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/21/rush...
On Monday, though, Politico's Dylan Byers got an early look at the latest ratings report from Arbitron:
The conservative radio host's ratings fell 27 percent in the key 25-54 demo in New York City, 31 percent in Houston-Galveston, 40 percent in Seattle-Tacoma, and 35 percent in Jacksonville, according to a selection of the March 29-April 25 Arbitron ratings provided by an industry source.
Rush Limbaugh's Audience May Be Much Smaller Than You Think
http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-03-1...
"Premiere Radio Networks, Limbaugh's national syndicator, estimated last year that 3.59 million people were in Limbaugh's audience during an average quarter-hour of his program, based on a review of Arbitron's piecemeal data about hundreds of stations."
By my math 311 million Americans vs 3.6 million listeners 0.011% for 15 minutes mind you.....
He has .01% of the total whack job right wing nuts in the country. WOOO HOOO!
IRREVERENT........
Got any info on his competition?

Does he have any real competition on the radio while he's on air?

He has gotten boring since he can't really hear anymore. He still lambasted the Obama administration over Benghazi. I'm sure Fidel would have arrested him if he had been broadcasting anti Fidel shows in Cuba. Obama takes the Alinsky approach instead and useful idiots like you chime in like hyenas.
Starlight

United States

#68377 Jan 8, 2013
THE DAILY CHANGE: CHUCK HAGEL IN 2011: PENTAGON BUDGET IS ‘BLOATED,’ IT MUST BE ‘PARED DOWN’
http://boldprogressives.org/chuck-hagel-in-20...
DO YOU THINK?
http://www.globalfirepower.com/defense-spendi...
More then the next 18 countries combined.... including our next biggest threat (according to Romney) China!!!!
Don't get me wrong I made a lot of earnings off the defense industry....but seriously it is ridiculous. I could tell you stories but than I would have to kill you....
A classic story was the ex navy guy who sent phony invoices to the US Navy for fictitious ship repairs. He got millions of dollars from the Pentagon and he was only caught because he sent in an invoice for repairs to a ship that the Navy had retired before he claimed that he did his work.
ITS THE INTERNET STUPID

Shelton, CT

#68378 Jan 9, 2013
2,200+ Limbaugh Sponsors - Gone!

Sponsor contact is working!
The StopRush Project has announced that over 2,200 sponsors have pulled ads from Limbaugh's show, via documented messages/statements. Many other sponsors have left his show quietly, bringing the actual amount of sponsors who have left, to a higher, unknown total.

Daily Kos diaries, this Petition, FlushRush, The StopRush Project and numerous other activist groups, are causing an immense impact on the demise of Limbaugh's hate-filled show. One of our new Daily Kos diarists, ProgLegs, just posted this diary yesterday, and it's already going viral: http://www.dailykos.com/ ...

We can all join the Fight to Flush Rush. This Petition goes out to 40 sponsors at a time and lists the StopRush and FlushRush groups: http://www.change.org/ ...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/06/1176... #
Spinach Pie

Ruston, LA

#68379 Jan 10, 2013
ITS THE INTERNET STUPID wrote:
2,200+ Limbaugh Sponsors - Gone!
Sponsor contact is working!
The StopRush Project has announced that over 2,200 sponsors have pulled ads from Limbaugh's show, via documented messages/statements. Many other sponsors have left his show quietly, bringing the actual amount of sponsors who have left, to a higher, unknown total.
Daily Kos diaries, this Petition, FlushRush, The StopRush Project and numerous other activist groups, are causing an immense impact on the demise of Limbaugh's hate-filled show. One of our new Daily Kos diarists, ProgLegs, just posted this diary yesterday, and it's already going viral: http://www.dailykos.com/ ...
We can all join the Fight to Flush Rush. This Petition goes out to 40 sponsors at a time and lists the StopRush and FlushRush groups: http://www.change.org/ ...
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/06/1176... #
The daily kos and their allies are truly hateful. Odd that you would mention them in this context.

DingleBrain is a Dunce.
Its the Internet Stupid

Emmaus, PA

#68380 Jan 10, 2013
Eric Bolling: Schools ‘pushing the liberal agenda’ by teaching algebra

“But even worse is the way some textbooks are pushing the liberal agenda,” the Fox News host explained, pointing to an algebra worksheet that Scholastic says gives students “[i]nsight into the distributive property as it applies to multiplication.”

“Distribute the wealth!” Bolling exclaimed, reading the worksheet.“Distribute the wealth with the lovely rich girl with a big ole bag of money, handing some money out.”

Co-host Kimberly Guilfoyle explained that the algebra worksheet had put her on “high alert” for the liberal agenda in her 6-year-old son’s curriculum.

If people actually watch this and believe it...WOW the "distributive property" of wealth? If this is the case well holy shit I could seriously turn Math into a win win. In fact I could probably take some algorithms and really send them down a path. They would look like the ignorant A holes they are but what's great they wouldn't know it till the internet get's a hold of it. My guess anyone running FOX is just as dumb ass as they are....

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/10/eric-bo...
Its the Internet Stupid

Emmaus, PA

#68381 Jan 10, 2013
Spinach Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
The daily kos and their allies are truly hateful. Odd that you would mention them in this context.
DingleBrain is a Dunce.
I get judged and you well not so much??? Perhaps you fall for that last post of mine? Ever have a math class? Ever have a class past freshman year of HS? Perhaps you can post your CV? I will be willing to debate you on here anytime. Let me know when you have gotten past name calling and want to debate facts and issues. Now don't pull a Mittens on me it's the internet and we all know where that got him. I and most educated people I know and work with stopped name calling in elementary school.
1 post removed
Its the Internet Stupid

Emmaus, PA

#68383 Jan 13, 2013
Democrats Balance California’s Budget And Increase Education Spending

http://www.nationalmemo.com/democrats-balance...
1 post removed
Spinach Pie

Ruston, LA

#68385 Jan 14, 2013
Eric Bolling: Schools ‘pushing the liberal agenda’ by teaching algebra
“But even worse is the way some textbooks are pushing the liberal agenda,” the Fox News host explained, pointing to an algebra worksheet that Scholastic says gives students “[i]nsight into the distributive property as it applies to multiplication.”
“Distribute the wealth!” Bolling exclaimed, reading the worksheet.“Distribute the wealth with the lovely rich girl with a big ole bag of money, handing some money out.”
Co-host Kimberly Guilfoyle explained that the algebra worksheet had put her on “high alert” for the liberal agenda in her 6-year-old son’s curriculum.
If people actually watch this and believe it...WOW the "distributive property" of wealth? If this is the case well holy shit I could seriously turn Math into a win win. In fact I could probably take some algorithms and really send them down a path. They would look like the ignorant A holes they are but what's great they wouldn't know it till the internet get's a hold of it. My guess anyone running FOX is just as dumb ass as they are....
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/10/eric-bo...
Not one of your better posts DingleBrain.

First of all, FoxNews might be on to something. Second of all, how many kids actually look at their algegra books for more than a few minutes each week?

Third, the folks at FoxNews have better ratings than their competitors. There is a reason for that. They are outsmarting them.
Spinach Pie

Ruston, LA

#68386 Jan 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I get judged and you well not so much??? Perhaps you fall for that last post of mine? Ever have a math class? Ever have a class past freshman year of HS? Perhaps you can post your CV? I will be willing to debate you on here anytime. Let me know when you have gotten past name calling and want to debate facts and issues. Now don't pull a Mittens on me it's the internet and we all know where that got him. I and most educated people I know and work with stopped name calling in elementary school.
So, what's bringing this on DingleBrain? Perhaps you are too self absorbed? Who's judging you? Math classes? I took senior level math classes in college thru differential equations, along with senior level physics courses in mechanics and electricity/magnetism. I had algebra in 8th grade. I liked it and did very well in it. I loved solving equations using factoring.

You sound like you belong back in elementary school, so have a good day DingleBrain.
Spinach Pie

Ruston, LA

#68387 Jan 14, 2013
Democrats Balance California’s Budget And Increase Education Spending
http://www.nationalmemo.com/democrats-balance...
They might have to create gigantic surpluses to pay all of their pension obligations.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#68388 Jan 14, 2013
Been looking for this thread!!!!
impeach Congress

Morrow, GA

#68389 Jan 15, 2013
donkeyman wrote:
this from the guy who sat in pews for 20 yrs. listening to rev. wright spout hate filled sermons.
At least Reverend Wright was telling him the truth about you people! I'll bet he's thankful for that insight today. God knows it has stregthen him in the face of all these nut cases who refuse to work with him because they are not "comfortable" with a black man with that much power. As long as someone is kissing up and give the old white boys club the feeling that THEY are running things it's fine. Obama is not your flunky nor is he a fool. He's his owm man. That is why WE The PEOPLE elected him. We wanted a change!

Don try to lay all the lies on him. BUSH...yes, the one you don't want to blame is the one who got this country in the mess it's in. But some of you people would rather not "go there." No. You'd rather try to put all this crap off on the current president. Why is that? He's not working fast enough for you? and tell me ....Who do you think you are?

I think if some of you Republicans had an ounce of decency and honesty, you'd check yourselves and your attitudes towards Barack Obama. Really be truthful with yourselves and stop being followers of the Liars. Read what the president says, LOOK at what he's doing for the people, LISTEN to the debates with an open mind. COVER your eyes if it helps you to be unbiased. Pretend he's a WHITE guy if that helps. Whatever you need to do in order that you may hear and see...just do it. If you're honest with yourselves I know that you will support the president who won the election by a land slide! The president who has World support. If you want America to move forward...let's just do the damn thing!
Spinach Pie

Ruston, LA

#68390 Jan 15, 2013
impeach Congress wrote:
<quoted text>
At least Reverend Wright was telling him the truth about you people! I'll bet he's thankful for that insight today. God knows it has stregthen him in the face of all these nut cases who refuse to work with him because they are not "comfortable" with a black man with that much power. As long as someone is kissing up and give the old white boys club the feeling that THEY are running things it's fine. Obama is not your flunky nor is he a fool. He's his owm man. That is why WE The PEOPLE elected him. We wanted a change!
Don try to lay all the lies on him. BUSH...yes, the one you don't want to blame is the one who got this country in the mess it's in. But some of you people would rather not "go there." No. You'd rather try to put all this crap off on the current president. Why is that? He's not working fast enough for you? and tell me ....Who do you think you are?
I think if some of you Republicans had an ounce of decency and honesty, you'd check yourselves and your attitudes towards Barack Obama. Really be truthful with yourselves and stop being followers of the Liars. Read what the president says, LOOK at what he's doing for the people, LISTEN to the debates with an open mind. COVER your eyes if it helps you to be unbiased. Pretend he's a WHITE guy if that helps. Whatever you need to do in order that you may hear and see...just do it. If you're honest with yourselves I know that you will support the president who won the election by a land slide! The president who has World support. If you want America to move forward...let's just do the damn thing!
Obama's skin color doesn't have anything to do with the political battles between the republicans and the democrats.

The country's going broke. In case you haven't heard -----
1 post removed
Its the Internet Stupid

Emmaus, PA

#68392 Jan 17, 2013
Rush Limbaugh:'You Know How to Stop Abortion? Require That Each One Occur With a Gun'

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...

I think he is back on the pills..........
1 post removed
Its the Internet Stupid

Emmaus, PA

#68394 Jan 17, 2013
Spinach Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what's bringing this on DingleBrain? Perhaps you are too self absorbed? Who's judging you? Math classes? I took senior level math classes in college thru differential equations, along with senior level physics courses in mechanics and electricity/magnetism. I had algebra in 8th grade. I liked it and did very well in it. I loved solving equations using factoring.
You sound like you belong back in elementary school, so have a good day DingleBrain.
How old are you if I don't mind asking?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Majority Oppose 'Religious Freedom' Laws That C... 3 min serfs up 158
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min say what 1,220,298
News Clinton charities will refile tax returns, audi... 3 min Le Jimbo 178
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Jay 179,224
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min NTRPRNR1 324,464
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Agents of Corruption 160,924
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 5 min MAYOR DYSASTER 1,010
More from around the web