Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Apr 9, 2013 Full story: Religion Dispatched 3,766

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3775 Sep 5, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>you are correct... and virtually every one of them claims to be a christian or a Muslim
Indeed.

I would even say, that 100% of anyone who claims to believe in one or more gods?

Is a liar by definition.

For what else is faith in the unbelievable, but a lie you told often enough, that you forgot it was a lie?

Faith-- a lie that is repeated until you forget it's a lie.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#3776 Sep 5, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>you are correct... and virtually every one of them claims to be a christian or a Muslim
I am a conservative libertarian (some say that is an oxymoron), but each their own.

So be it, but I am still an atheist.

I see more religious claim to be honest, true, caring, helpful, and loving, but they very seldom act out what they claim to be.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#3777 Sep 5, 2013
BicLighterandtweezers wrote:
<quoted text>
Halluhoabammmerluya--There IS a classification for sociopathic, psychologically ILL people like you -
Pseudologia fantastica is present in classic cases. The patient makes false claims about distinguished accomplishments, educational credentials, relations to famous persons, etc.
And your pathetic, psychoTic attempts to feign any actual sanity.
Few patients agree to accept psychiatric consultation or psychological assessment. Among those who do, many report a history of physical, emotional, or sexual abuse or physical or emotional neglect
You are a mentally sick-in-the-head one, with out a doubt.
"Poor little you"..DO seek mentalcase help.
and here you could have at least attempted to counter one of the many, many facts given as proof that the cult of the god of Abraham has been proven false, that the god of Abraham has been proven false, but you did not.

why is that?

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#3778 Sep 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and here you could have at least attempted to counter one of the many, many facts given as proof that the cult of the god of Abraham has been proven false, that the god of Abraham has been proven false, but you did not.
why is that?
He could be religious, agnostic or atheist, but that isn't the point of the post, sport. He is talking TO you ABOUT you- honestly, I thought you were smarter than that. One thing your response underscores...I figured it out and you didn't.

Minnesota's North Coast

#3779 Sep 5, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>He could be religious, agnostic or atheist, but that isn't the point of the post, sport. He is talking TO you ABOUT you- honestly, I thought you were smarter than that. One thing your response underscores...I figured it out and you didn't.
yet he clearly stated i was making false claims.

listen, dog hunter, you ran away from debating me long ago as you were tired of being embarrassed, stick with what has been working for you...

shit, you can't even make one post to me without getting even the most basic of facts correct...
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#3780 Sep 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet he clearly stated i was making false claims.
listen, dog hunter, you ran away from debating me long ago as you were tired of being embarrassed, stick with what has been working for you...
shit, you can't even make one post to me without getting even the most basic of facts correct...
Oh, look who is feeling froggy...you ready to provide universal definition for information?
1 post removed

Minnesota's North Coast

#3782 Sep 5, 2013
nothing as usual?

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#3783 Sep 6, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a conservative libertarian (some say that is an oxymoron), but each their own.
So be it, but I am still an atheist.
I see more religious claim to be honest, true, caring, helpful, and loving, but they very seldom act out what they claim to be.
Too true... and a good portion of them don't even feign civility when the begin posting.

I always get a kick out of those that claim the moral high-ground because they have faith in a 'god' and its holy book, yet lie through their teeth in order to argue they're correct
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#3784 Sep 6, 2013
I have a phobia of all religions. They scare me because they are such hatefull bigoted and warmongering groups.

outdoors

#3785 Sep 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet he clearly stated i was making false claims.
LOL- I started ignoring you because you have become an echo of bob, a "bob-ot" IOW. Your comprehension of the Written Word is at least as good as his, I hope. As for being embarrassed, I think back to the quote, "None can do harm to me but myself." IOW (I feel the need to paraphrase these things, because your reading comprehension is no better than bob's), you cannot embarrass me, sport- you are as adept at reading things the wrong way, interpolating things incorrectly and just downright so stoopid and willfully ignorant about myself, Christianity and Christians in general that for me to reply to your inane posts while laughingly replying to bob takes up an unecessary space on here each time and quite honestly, I'd only be repeating myself. I do hope that by sayingthe same thing in different ways with this post you will somehow arrive at the correct meaning without misinterpreting things too much.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3786 Sep 6, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Too true... and a good portion of them don't even feign civility when the begin posting.
I always get a kick out of those that claim the moral high-ground because they have faith in a 'god' and its holy book, yet lie through their teeth in order to argue they're correct
Indeed-- it's a case of *anything goes* if they can "convert" one more sheep for the slaughter....

... meh.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3787 Sep 6, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>LOL- I started ignoring you because you have become an echo of bob, a "bob-ot" IOW. Your comprehension of the Written Word is at least as good as his, I hope. As for being embarrassed, I think back to the quote, "None can do harm to me but myself." IOW (I feel the need to paraphrase these things, because your reading comprehension is no better than bob's), you cannot embarrass me, sport- you are as adept at reading things the wrong way, interpolating things incorrectly and just downright so stoopid and willfully ignorant about myself, Christianity and Christians in general that for me to reply to your inane posts while laughingly replying to bob takes up an unecessary space on here each time and quite honestly, I'd only be repeating myself. I do hope that by sayingthe same thing in different ways with this post you will somehow arrive at the correct meaning without misinterpreting things too much.
Hate speech duly noted.

Also of note: the above is 100% whining and name-calling.

Not one (1) argument in support of his ludicrous faith.

Not one.

This is likely because there can **be** no positive argument in support of the ugly and very evil bible.

The **only** sort of "argument" a Faithest can manage, is of the negative variety:

** exactly how the universe began is not currently 100% known-- therefore? Goddidit

** exactly how life got it's start on earth, is not 100% proven-- therefore? Goddidit

** since you cannot disprove **all** gods? Why not believe in **their** god, just in case?.... oh, and goddidit.

It all boils down to goddidit.

Not unlike a mindless frog chorus:

Goddidit.... godDIDit... GODdidIT.... goddidit.... goDIdit.... goddidit.... goddidididit... GODdidIT.... godDIDit... godgodgodDIDIDIDIDitititit....

LOL!

Minnesota's North Coast

#3788 Sep 6, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>LOL- I started ignoring you because you have become an echo of bob, a "bob-ot" IOW. Your comprehension of the Written Word is at least as good as his, I hope. As for being embarrassed, I think back to the quote, "None can do harm to me but myself." IOW (I feel the need to paraphrase these things, because your reading comprehension is no better than bob's), you cannot embarrass me, sport- you are as adept at reading things the wrong way, interpolating things incorrectly and just downright so stoopid and willfully ignorant about myself, Christianity and Christians in general that for me to reply to your inane posts while laughingly replying to bob takes up an unecessary space on here each time and quite honestly, I'd only be repeating myself. I do hope that by sayingthe same thing in different ways with this post you will somehow arrive at the correct meaning without misinterpreting things too much.
why is it the only defense against the facts i provide you is to compare me to Bob?

like i said, ran away from me again...

i would counter i know more about christianity than you do on your best day, yet i give you the facts that prove it, you just run away.

i know a very simple way you back up your words, and so do you, but you never do it.

Minnesota's North Coast

#3789 Sep 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why is it the only defense against the facts i provide you is to compare me to Bob?
i would counter i know more about christianity than you do on your best day, yet i give you the facts that prove it, you just run away.
i know a very simple way you back up your words, and so do you, but you never do it.
wow! just call out the dog hunter three or four times and he finally shuts the hell up...

if i'd a known it was that easy...
LCNLin

United States

#3790 Sep 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why is it the only defense against the facts i provide you is to compare me to Bob?
your generalizations and claims need some documentation!
just saying

outdoors

#3791 Sep 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow! just call out the dog hunter three or four times and he finally shuts the hell up...
if i'd a known it was that easy...
You can say that, but...I've been out of town on business, translation: I have a life. Outside of your apparent hobby of blind loyalty to the Cult of Bob. Honestly, I know atheists, but none are as hateful as those on this forum- most are a "live and let live" type, enjoying eating out on Sundays IF they can get to a restaurant before 1 pm on Sundays or shopping during the same time frame, avoiding intersections near large churches on weekends, etc. Here, I heard a good religious joke and decided to share: And God said, "Let there be good and obedient women in all corners of the world." And God made the earth round, and laughed and laughed and laughed...

Minnesota's North Coast

#3792 Sep 8, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
your generalizations and claims need some documentation!
just saying
yes they do and i have given them to you often. then you run away...

Minnesota's North Coast

#3793 Sep 8, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You can say that, but...I've been out of town on business, translation: I have a life. Outside of your apparent hobby of blind loyalty to the Cult of Bob. Honestly, I know atheists, but none are as hateful as those on this forum- most are a "live and let live" type, enjoying eating out on Sundays IF they can get to a restaurant before 1 pm on Sundays or shopping during the same time frame, avoiding intersections near large churches on weekends, etc. Here, I heard a good religious joke and decided to share: And God said, "Let there be good and obedient women in all corners of the world." And God made the earth round, and laughed and laughed and laughed...
sure you know people like that, sure you do, pal...what a tool to think people are as stupid as you to buy such bullshit.

why can you only argue your points through your hatred of bob? my posts have nothing to do with anyone else on the planet.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3794 Sep 8, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You can say that, but...I've been out of town on business, translation: I have a life. Outside of your apparent hobby of blind loyalty to the Cult of Bob. Honestly, I know atheists, but none are as hateful as those on this forum- most are a "live and let live" type, enjoying eating out on Sundays IF they can get to a restaurant before 1 pm on Sundays or shopping during the same time frame, avoiding intersections near large churches on weekends, etc. Here, I heard a good religious joke and decided to share: And God said, "Let there be good and obedient women in all corners of the world." And God made the earth round, and laughed and laughed and laughed...
Awwwww... you are **jealous** of me.

How sweet-- you actually believe I give a crap about your opinion of me, too.

LOL!
LCNLin

United States

#3795 Sep 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure you know people like that, sure you do, pal...what a tool to think people are as stupid as you to buy such bullshit.
why can you only argue your points through your hatred of bob? my posts have nothing to do with anyone else on the planet.
Makes no sense and then he avoids the topic of atheism.
He is making atheism a joke
just sayimg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shaheen Finds Her Groove in Successful DHS Fund... 3 min POS democrats 1
Joe Biden: Selma civil rights marches, gay righ... 3 min Fa-Foxy 19
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 3 min GayleWood 4,040
Jeb Bush calls Clinton's U.S. State Dept. email... 4 min POS democrats 2
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min DanFromSmithville 150,021
Giuliani explains why Obama doesn't love America 5 min Lawrence Wolf 710
March 6: Elephants, Obama and the English language 6 min John McCharlie 14
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Freebird USA 1,193,579
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 25 min Concerned 172,686
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 28 min JET 314,044
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 2 hr Silent Echo 1,988
More from around the web