Atheist Islamophobia... Again

Apr 9, 2013 Full story: Religion Dispatched 3,766

Sparked by a Richard Dawkins tweet , in which he drew a parallel between Islamists and Nazis, Nathan Lean recently suggested on Salon.com that the most famous representatives of the new atheism "flirt with" Islamophobia [echoing Chris Stedman's prescient warning to fellow atheists on RD this past August]. As the article explains, Dawkins, Hitchens ... (more)

Full Story

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2770 Jul 8, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Don't care about that, either. Of course, bob aka sheldon will tell you I do, but then he's convinced that all Christians MUST believe the same thing- he apparently believes that Christians aren't allowed to think for themselves on the myriad of issues that crop up every day. I'm suprised he hasn't brought up that we as a group must buy the same brands of groceries based not on taste or variety but based on whether or not the manufacturer supports the Church. Me personally, I'll minimize my purchases of foreign-made items and foreign-grown produce as much as possible, but poor ol' sheldon is like a dog with a bone. Keep watching and thanks for the question.
He is simply pointing out that your religious book, the Bible, has a host of atrocities that are validated and even commanded by the deity. Fortunately, many Christians have gone well beyond the 'morality' that is contained in the Bible and have adopted humanist values in many cases. Bob likes to point out the contradiction between claiming to be a Christian, which is partly defined by belief in the moral guidance of the Bible, and what the Bible actually says.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#2771 Jul 8, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is simply pointing out that your religious book, the Bible, has a host of atrocities that are validated and even commanded by the deity. Fortunately, many Christians have gone well beyond the 'morality' that is contained in the Bible and have adopted humanist values in many cases. Bob likes to point out the contradiction between claiming to be a Christian, which is partly defined by belief in the moral guidance of the Bible, and what the Bible actually says.
You, sir, are point on. The way bob comes across reminds me of the old "Tasmanian Devil" in the Bugs Bunny cartoons- going full-throttle wack-job just to make a small point. Inre the Bible and the many atrocities contained therein, many are found in the Old Testament and are therefore why I (explained earlier that I pay) little heed to the Phrophets' writings. You have my ear- please continue.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2772 Jul 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not at all. you are just absolutely unable to back up the lies you keep spewing, even after you have been shown they are lies.

so, again, which scientific theory says nothing exploded into everything in the universe? why can't you come up with this supposed theory you keep touting?
Not to deep for you?

Ok let's start slow, where did Time come from?

Location hidden

#2773 Jul 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>IP spoofing is dirt simple.
Oh

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2774 Jul 8, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to deep for you?
do you mean space-time? you should at least try to get the very basics correct when talking about things you cannot comprehend...

so why can't you name this scientific theory that says nothing exploded into everything? is it one you made up yourself? did you get it off your silly Sumerian tablets?
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#2775 Jul 8, 2013
++++++++++
(1)

Former President Bush says immigration-reform bill can pass
Full story: Venice Gondolier
The immigration-reform plan working its way through Congress "has a chance to pass," former President George W. Bush said.

++++++++++
(2)
Bush sees positives for U.S. in Egypt, Arab Spring
Full story: CNN
When the dust settles from the protests in Egypt and other Arab nations, the resulting political balance will be favorable to the United States, former President George W. Bush predicts.

++++++++++
----------

The following refers to the above:
==========

(1)
Lots of many street walkers in Chicago, and millions in many cities say more about the same thing, better than him Bush== SAYING immigration-reform bill can pass. If that is passed, millions would not take credit because Bush says it too, and he would get it? But just who needs his view anyway if he is already gone, for is it likeable if he does this and that by saying as former president?

(2)

Bush is just like any OTHER man in the streets, who would say the same ON ARAB SPRINGS, and what makes Bush think his views of any, are new and creative? AND why would he say so? It may show he still wants a part of OR TAINT the current policies by not knowing he is the past-gone, for definitely this proves Obama is also confused by being elected with no own show and standpoint, AS IF to be run by former president's policies; but no one elected the former one to run anything.

---------

(3)
THOSE WHO SAY BUSH HAS A GOOD HEART ARE WRONG. THE WAY BUSH COMMITS AS AN OUTLAW IS HUGE, with wrongdoings too much bigger than the average ordinary man in the streets. When the ordinary man would steal a million dollars, Bush would steal 10 billions because Bush had the opportunities and was close to where lots of money WERE, as president.

When the average man would rob, AS he works by oneself or with just few associates, could only rob and kill a few. But Bush was at the presidency, he could corrupt so many and use force of so many soldiers to kill hundreds of thousands and millions, like Iraq war. In other words, the degree of Bush's breaking the law and rules is very huge than the ordinary person, and has no limit. Bush is no good man WITH GOOD HEART, as his intention has been to violate anything and rules, by ignoring the law AND INTERNATIONAL RULING AND UNIVERSAL LAW.

But the case in point at this time is that the US people are being enslaved into molding and programmed thoughts of doing all the wrong, WHEN the ignition of Bush way of conducts transfers their behavior of doing such BUSH STYLE, AS OBAMA WOULD DO THE SAME.
In the examples of doing drones lacking real evidences, facts and clues, going after cases as such , by breaking International regulations, to do whatever evil , wrong and bad in order to make others not to accept Snowden for asylum, this is very bad.

US since then from Bush period onward is no free world communities leader, but an International outlaw and violator by dismantling and ripping down its liberty value and freedom privacy rights for its people.

US is known today as the global obstruction violator in most everything, as its people have been burnt by not knowing what rules and laws are by carrying the wrongdoer Bush radicalism thoughts to breach anything.

Bush is not the model of activities based on reasons and stability of occurrence but tells any laws and regulations can be breached.

HOW CAN THE WORLD GO ON With NO UNIVERSAL RULING OF LAW AND REGULATIONS AND INTERNATIONAL LAWS?

While people coming from US are still not aware of what all these are as rules, unlawfulness, wrongdoing, where they have lots of laws schools, how can the world people make existence with no rules?

US IS NO LONGER AS IT USED TO BE, AND IS A WRONGDOER AND VIOLATOR IN THIS CENTURY AND NOT A MODEL AND LEADER AT ALL.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2776 Jul 8, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>"great deal of pain"?
Yep.

Your descent into childish taunts and idiotic name-calling is proof I have **scored** on you quite deep.

Obviously you are bothered by my valid and justified criticism.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2777 Jul 8, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You, sir, are point on. The way bob comes across reminds me of the old "Tasmanian Devil" in the Bugs Bunny cartoons- going full-throttle wack-job just to make a small point.
Points which you never manage to refute, either.

Interesting.

Of course-- going "full throttle" is about the **only** way to get past the concrete-for-brains you Genuine Christholes™ have erected...

... and it works, too.

It makes you think-- much later, when you're not so mad, of course.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#2778 Jul 9, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>You, sir, are point on. The way bob comes across reminds me of the old "Tasmanian Devil" in the Bugs Bunny cartoons- going full-throttle wack-job just to make a small point. Inre the Bible and the many atrocities contained therein, many are found in the Old Testament and are therefore why I (explained earlier that I pay) little heed to the Phrophets' writings. You have my ear- please continue.
You Christians have the old testament as a part of your holy book, yet you get upset when we atheists point out the cruelty that exist in it. The truth is taht you are fake religious people. You pick an d choose what you want to follow based on convenience, not faith.
But that is okay. The New Testament is horrible in it's own right.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2779 Jul 9, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to deep for you?
Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon"... fourth track

outdoors

#2780 Jul 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
Your descent into childish taunts and idiotic name-calling is proof I have **scored** on you quite deep.
Obviously you are bothered by my valid and justified criticism.
LOLOLOLOL- sheldon, if anyone is bothering to keep score, then you are miles ahead in this area. No one has resorted to the juvenile rhetoric better than you.

outdoors

#2781 Jul 9, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
You Christians have the old testament as a part of your holy book, yet you get upset when we atheists point out the cruelty that exist in it. The truth is taht you are fake religious people. You pick an d choose what you want to follow based on convenience, not faith.
But that is okay. The New Testament is horrible in it's own right.
Ow- that hurts soooo bad...lol. Athiests pick and choose as well, friend. It isn't based on convenience- more like we (as do you) make a choice based on our beliefs and our values. DO recall that the Bible as it was originally written has been edited by (most notably) King James among others? Each branch adds or subtracts Books as appeals to and supports their core values. I have no doubt that the author of every word in both Books wrote their contributions based on their interpretation of their own Devine inspiration, but I will promise you I'll never pick up a rattlesnake just to prove my faith, simply because someone thought that a good idea.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2782 Jul 9, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ow- that hurts soooo bad...lol. Athiests pick and choose as well, friend. It isn't based on convenience- more like we (as do you) make a choice based on our beliefs and our values. DO recall that the Bible as it was originally written has been edited by (most notably) King James among others? Each branch adds or subtracts Books as appeals to and supports their core values. I have no doubt that the author of every word in both Books wrote their contributions based on their interpretation of their own Devine inspiration, but I will promise you I'll never pick up a rattlesnake just to prove my faith, simply because someone thought that a good idea.
If you could prove the god you're lying to us about, you would not need to lie at all.

As usual creationists have lots to say about atheists but no proof that their cult has any merit whatsoever.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2783 Jul 9, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>LOLOLOLOL- sheldon, if anyone is bothering to keep score, then you are miles ahead in this area. No one has resorted to the juvenile rhetoric better than you.
When you're brave enough to prove your god, your opinions about other people's reality might matter more.

St. Croix valley

#2784 Jul 9, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Ow- that hurts soooo bad...lol. Athiests pick and choose as well, friend. It isn't based on convenience- more like we (as do you) make a choice based on our beliefs and our values. DO recall that the Bible as it was originally written has been edited by (most notably) King James among others? Each branch adds or subtracts Books as appeals to and supports their core values. I have no doubt that the author of every word in both Books wrote their contributions based on their interpretation of their own Devine inspiration, but I will promise you I'll never pick up a rattlesnake just to prove my faith, simply because someone thought that a good idea.
how could divine inspiration be interpreted?

what you are saying is that the bible is almost, but not quite, the word of god...
1 post removed

Location hidden

#2786 Jul 9, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon"... fourth track
Ah yes!

outdoors

#2787 Jul 9, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're brave enough to prove your god, your opinions about other people's reality might matter more.
When you are smart enough to look up and grasp the meaning of the word "brave", please tell me how it applies in this particular case. I have already determined you aren't smart enough to do so on your own, so find a child to help you.

outdoors

#2788 Jul 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how could divine inspiration be interpreted?
what you are saying is that the bible is almost, but not quite, the word of god...
No, that isn't what I said. Rather than me c&p, just go back and look again.

St. Croix valley

#2789 Jul 9, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>No, that isn't what I said. Rather than me c&p, just go back and look again.
yes it is what you said. divine inspiration is not up for interpretation.

so you actually know that the bible is not the word of god, yet you follow the cult anyway...why?

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#2790 Jul 9, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>No, that isn't what I said. Rather than me c&p, just go back and look again.
It looks like you at least admit that the bible is just a book written by man and in mans thoughts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,155,501
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min replaytime 133,650
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 15 min positronium 294,248
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 26 min sam 201,186
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 31 min Ambivalent 445
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 43 min Calvin_Coolish 165,779
Political figures clash after slaying of NYPD o... 1 hr Smart Alex 67
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 1 hr spocko 920
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 3 hr tha Professor 252
More from around the web