HI Gov Gives Gay Marriage Bill To Law...

HI Gov Gives Gay Marriage Bill To Lawmakers

There are 1122 comments on the EDGE story from Aug 29, 2013, titled HI Gov Gives Gay Marriage Bill To Lawmakers. In it, EDGE reports that:

Gov. Neil Abercrombie on Wednesday presented state lawmakers with a draft of legislation that would legalize gay marriage in Hawaii.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#615 Sep 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
So heck with rights and freedoms huh?????? I STOLE NOTHING..........I never took one dime in any kind of aid. Watch how you try to sound like your only one paying taxes...
Giving same sex peoples rights has nothing to do with taxes IDIOT...
Rights and freedoms based on high taxes is not freedom. A government that has to steal from others to perpetuate false freedom by paying people off will not stand. Turn America libertarian and I will agree. There is a reason taxes are through the roof and everything costs several times more then it should. And those prices will come back some day. I don't vote for people with this the first choice out of many. In fact the only time I will vote nasty is if I am old enough or aging and the resources are dried up enough and a despot offers to keep the old their check and medical to some degree. Over 70 million boomers will be collecting plus others. Voters on both sides will vote like progressives do big time.
BornGay Superhuman

Alpharetta, GA

#616 Sep 6, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> The sun is free. Your aids meds is bankrupting us and shortchanging research in other diseases everyone gets. People have died for this over sexed crap that obviously is an issue in the human species history.
16,500 people die from AIDS in America each year
43,500 people die from automobile accidents in America each year
AIDS is more than twice as safe as your car
Perhaps you should close your sunroof and check your tin hat for pinholes
Scottsdale AZ PhoenixAZZ

Kahului, HI

#617 Sep 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and it was "equal" when inter-racial marriage was banned because everyone was free to marry anyone of the same race.
Sorry, that old chestnut don't roast.
Btw, I'm already married, but because we are discriminated against, our marriage isn't recognized by all 50 states..... yet.
Sex and gender are two different things, but I understand the point you are trying to make.
"Marriage" is an old notion rooted in the romantic whereas gender is a biological function of procreation. Logically, tying interracial marriage to the current discourse about "equality" fails the logic smell test.
But people fabricate opinions on emotion rather than logic, and this DOMA vs LGBT rights issue is just another example.
However, why LGBTs want to embrace a broken social institution is beyond me.
Scottsdale AZ PhoenixAZZ

Kahului, HI

#618 Sep 6, 2013
RACE and gender are two different things.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#619 Sep 6, 2013
BornGay Superhuman wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop with the stupid azz comparisons. AIDS is expensive. Perhaps if you checked your tin foil hat more often and kept and not your sexual organ into anothers azz for reception there would be less problems. I wrote an opinion. Nothing more. Nothing to be defamed and destroyed over. I don't believe men and women should be ph uked with by ignorant people. I do believe we all have roles whether we like it or not. And the traditional family has been mocked and destroyed. More then that, our children suffer for it. And it now costs several times more to raise that child then before. government has become massive to pay for this. And the gay movement is part of the overall one that has helped to destroy this. No hetero males should even consider getting married in these times. Especially white ones. Having children and being just breeders and paying the full cost of raising the child is not worth it anymore. If you are young, then you will see what I mean before you reach a ripe old age. Lets leave it at this. I know you won't change your views. but at least try to understand what I am writing. We need to act together and build America up. I don't see that with so many Americans left behind as you prosper with even gay marriage as the prize. You see the news every night. And it is not getting better as much of it is not reported.
1 post removed
KantTuchDis

Honolulu, HI

#621 Sep 6, 2013

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#622 Sep 6, 2013
BornGay Superhuman wrote:
<quoted text>
Death by AIDS is often called something else, like Pneumonia.
BornGay Superhuman

Alpharetta, GA

#623 Sep 6, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Stop with the stupid azz comparisons. AIDS is expensive. Perhaps if you checked your tin foil hat more often and kept and not your sexual organ into anothers azz for reception there would be less problems. I wrote an opinion. Nothing more. Nothing to be defamed and destroyed over. I don't believe men and women should be ph uked with by ignorant people. I do believe we all have roles whether we like it or not. And the traditional family has been mocked and destroyed. More then that, our children suffer for it. And it now costs several times more to raise that child then before. government has become massive to pay for this. And the gay movement is part of the overall one that has helped to destroy this. No hetero males should even consider getting married in these times. Especially white ones. Having children and being just breeders and paying the full cost of raising the child is not worth it anymore. If you are young, then you will see what I mean before you reach a ripe old age. Lets leave it at this. I know you won't change your views. but at least try to understand what I am writing. We need to act together and build America up. I don't see that with so many Americans left behind as you prosper with even gay marriage as the prize. You see the news every night. And it is not getting better as much of it is not reported.
Marriage equality hasn't been around long enough to cause all the problems you're talking about
So its something else; not us

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#624 Sep 6, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> You are not discriminated against. The heteros marriage is discriminated against. Fifty per cent divorce rate with more then half of our kids in single family households. Up to 80 per cent in African American neighborhoods. the cost of raising a child several times more then it has to be. The gay movement should have pushed for acceptance and building foundations. Instead the movement is going to put you in a bulls eye if things fall apart. The new world order elitists have done well with you. Only true libertarian views with concern to marriage and not progressive agenda will give you the foundation needed. And that doe snot exist.
doe snot?.!!!

thanks for the perfect reply to your future posts.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#625 Sep 6, 2013
Scottsdale AZ PhoenixAZZ wrote:
<quoted text>Sex and gender are two different things, but I understand the point you are trying to make.
"Marriage" is an old notion rooted in the romantic whereas gender is a biological function of procreation. Logically, tying interracial marriage to the current discourse about "equality" fails the logic smell test.
But people fabricate opinions on emotion rather than logic, and this DOMA vs LGBT rights issue is just another example.
However, why LGBTs want to embrace a broken social institution is beyond me.
People were opposed to inter-racial marriage for the same reasons they're opposed to same-sex couples marrying: religion, tradition, the children, etc, and good old fashioned bigotry.

The simple fact that the arguments used to oppose inter-racial marriage are nearly identical- often WORD FOR WORD- as those used to oppose marriage for same-sex couples demonstrates the validity of the comparison.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#626 Sep 6, 2013
Scottsdale AZ PhoenixAZZ wrote:
RACE and gender are two different things.
Gee, you figured that out all by yourself?

Doesn't mean the discrimination isn't the same.

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#627 Sep 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
People were opposed to inter-racial marriage for the same reasons they're opposed to same-sex couples marrying: religion, tradition, the children, etc, and good old fashioned bigotry.
Would have saved O.J's wife. But the ho is dead and I don't care.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#628 Sep 6, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if your BS were true, in your sick mind the imposition of evil can be justified by another evil. Leprosy is not contagious. HIV/AIDS by a bunch of evil minded people like you actually wanting to destroy a culture... is. The expanded infection of Hawaii with illegal and destructive drugs is reason enough to quarantine queers, not reward them.
Quarantine the queers.....

Where...

In camps......?
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#629 Sep 6, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> No, I want you. Saul Alinsky lives!
Just as I thought.... no answer, so you use the Sarah Palin defense.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#630 Sep 6, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> The sun is free. Your aids meds is bankrupting us and shortchanging research in other diseases everyone gets. People have died for this over sexed crap that obviously is an issue in the human species history.
I don't take any AIDS meds because I don't have AIDS. Now that you've used up your stupid excuse, how long has your brain been fried?
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#631 Sep 6, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Rights and freedoms based on high taxes is not freedom. A government that has to steal from others to perpetuate false freedom by paying people off will not stand. Turn America libertarian and I will agree. There is a reason taxes are through the roof and everything costs several times more then it should. And those prices will come back some day. I don't vote for people with this the first choice out of many. In fact the only time I will vote nasty is if I am old enough or aging and the resources are dried up enough and a despot offers to keep the old their check and medical to some degree. Over 70 million boomers will be collecting plus others. Voters on both sides will vote like progressives do big time.
Taxes are through the roof??????????

hahahaahah
ahhaahahahah
ahhaahahhahaha
ahhaahhahahaha

Those prices will come back someday??????????

hahahahahaha
hahahahahahaha
ahahahahhahaha

You are hilarious!!!!!!!!
Scottsdale AZ PhoenixAZZ

Kahului, HI

#632 Sep 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you figured that out all by yourself?
Doesn't mean the discrimination isn't the same.
You'll have to elaborate, not just state as if it is fact.
Discrimination is not always unjust, and fair is not usually "the same."
Scottsdale AZ PhoenixAZZ

Kahului, HI

#633 Sep 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple fact that the arguments used to oppose inter-racial marriage are nearly identical- often WORD FOR WORD- as those used to oppose marriage for same-sex couples demonstrates the validity of the comparison.
Can you show that word for word? My arguments against gay marriage are not related to racial motivation.
1 post removed

“Trump fixing Obama's mess”

Since: Mar 09

& Making America Great Again!

#635 Sep 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Inter-racial marriage has absolutely nothing to do with gay marriage. Nothing whatsoever...

Stop trying to piggyback your cause onto the slavery/African American struggle, exploit their life sufferings just to muster support and sympathy for your selfish, evil gay agenda.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#636 Sep 6, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Inter-racial marriage has absolutely nothing to do with gay marriage. Nothing whatsoever...
Stop trying to piggyback your cause onto the slavery/African American struggle, exploit their life sufferings just to muster support and sympathy for your selfish, evil gay agenda.
yes, they are both civil rights struggles and , as that poster pointed out, you prejudicial bigots are using the exact same arguments as they did against inter-racial marriage and even black civil rights themselves...

i know it is hard for you bigots to admit you already lost several battles with those arguments, let alone this current one, but the facts are there and you cannot counter them...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Julia 1,603,512
News GOP health bill all but dead; McCain again deal... 2 min Retribution 106
News Disgraced ex-congressman Anthony Weiner jailed ... 3 min bohart 5
News Trump, the 'America First' president, goes to t... 4 min Peter Ross 493
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min Rider on the Storm 31,520
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Julia 289,321
News Trump pardons former Sheriff Joe Arpaio 10 min WelbyMD 1,308
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 16 min Prisoner of my Mo... 10,279
More from around the web