With deadline looming, White House details cuts

Feb 25, 2013 Full story: politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com 98

Food safety inspections, early education classrooms and mental health treatment are all at risk if massive forced spending cuts are allowed to take effect at the end of this week, the White House said Sunday.

Those cuts would accompany deep reductions in defense spending - including stalling maintenance on Navy ships - that are also poised to trigger March 1. In detailed reports for all 50 states and the District of Columbia, President Barack Obama's budget office spelled out how the cuts - which are the result of a stalemate between Congressional Republicans and the White House over reducing the federal deficit - will affect localities, putting the stakes of the budget debate in stark terms as Congress returns to Washington after a week-long break.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Crayz MD

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#1 Feb 25, 2013
Deng hucking CNN again Dr. Bill_phd!;)
Crayz MD

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#2 Feb 25, 2013
excuse me i hav to piss now!!!!! C U all late The!!!;-000
Joe Nelson

AOL

#3 Feb 25, 2013
It is sad but we all heard Nancy Pelosi say there would be absolutely NO CUTS to the Entitlements even after Repubs agreed to the Fiscal Cliff tax increases. She stopped any hope for a negotiated out come so we all must suffer.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#4 Feb 25, 2013
Joe Nelson wrote:
It is sad but we all heard Nancy Pelosi say there would be absolutely NO CUTS to the Entitlements even after Repubs agreed to the Fiscal Cliff tax increases. She stopped any hope for a negotiated out come so we all must suffer.
Joe, FOXLIES is not telling you that there have already been 2 to 2.5 TRILLION in cuts.

I believe all future cuts should be in the states that get more from the US Treasury than they send in; the "WELFARE STATES." What say you?

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#5 Feb 25, 2013
Joe Nelson wrote:
Which makes you sadder: that retirees will still be able to pay their rent with their social security; or that we will still give a pension to our retired life soldiers?
Joe Nelson

AOL

#6 Feb 25, 2013
"Means Testing" for medicaid and social security is a good beginning. It will save Billion$ and keep the programs in place for those who genuinely need them.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#7 Feb 25, 2013
Joe Nelson wrote:
"Means Testing" for medicaid and social security is a good beginning. It will save Billion$ and keep the programs in place for those who genuinely need them.
Agreed.

Also if we fire 400,000 of the 800,000 civilian DOD employees, that would save the DOD $25+ BILLION each year in salaries alone, and would STILL leave them with 1 civilian DOD employee for every 4 active duty soldiers.

Scrapping the overbudget problem ridden F-35 fighter program would take care of the rest of the cuts.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#8 Feb 25, 2013
Joe Nelson wrote:
No,'..."Means Testing" for medicaid and social security...' is the camel's nose under the tent.

Better to eliminate the upper income cutoff for these programs, and keep covering all.

Tawas City, Michigan

#9 Feb 25, 2013
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
No,'..."Means Testing" for medicaid and social security...' is the camel's nose under the tent.
Better to eliminate the upper income cutoff for these programs, and keep covering all.
Eventually we're not going to be able to cover everyone at the same level as today without adding trillions upon trillions to our debt.

The only options are:

-raise the retirement age and deny millions their benefits because they will die before ever collecting
-cut benefits a little for all across the board including current retirees
-keep benefits the same for the poor & middle class, but cut benefits significantly for those in the top 10%(>$175k/yr)

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#10 Feb 25, 2013
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe, FOXLIES is not telling you that there have already been 2 to 2.5 TRILLION in cuts.
I believe all future cuts should be in the states that get more from the US Treasury than they send in; the "WELFARE STATES." What say you?
RFLMAO...great

Start with California!!!!!!!!! You walked right into that one, billy boy.

http://specfriggintacular.wordpress.com/2011/...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31910310/The_Biggest_U...

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#11 Feb 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Eventually we're not going to be able to cover everyone at the same level as today without adding trillions upon trillions to our debt.
The only options are:
-raise the retirement age and deny millions their benefits because they will die before ever collecting
-keep benefits the same for the poor & middle class, but cut benefits significantly for those in the top 10%(>$175k/yr)
Start with the executive branch and congress...except Nancy..she said it will take away her dignity. LMAO Even though her and hubby are worth 75 mil!
Billy Bats

Miami, FL

#12 Feb 25, 2013
Joe Nelson wrote:
So...true story..a guy I work with who, like me, is around age 40, we both have no dependants, but he makes slightly more than I do, yet he has virtually zero net worth because he pisses away his paycheck while I save a big chunk of my income and built my own retirement fund...according to your means testing scam he will get SS benefits because he pissed away money like an idiot and retires broke while I scrimped and saved. F that.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#13 Feb 25, 2013
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a stupid, old style, outdated, communist idiot.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#14 Feb 25, 2013
Did anyone say Van Jones?

Tawas City, Michigan

#15 Feb 25, 2013
Billy Bats wrote:
<quoted text>
So...true story..a guy I work with who, like me, is around age 40, we both have no dependants, but he makes slightly more than I do, yet he has virtually zero net worth because he pisses away his paycheck while I save a big chunk of my income and built my own retirement fund...according to your means testing scam he will get SS benefits because he pissed away money like an idiot and retires broke while I scrimped and saved. F that.
Yes.
1 post removed
Joe Nelson

AOL

#17 Feb 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The only options are:
Your post makes too much sense. You haven't abandoned common sense in service to some agenda.
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

#18 Feb 25, 2013
This is the hysterical bull shit that CNN wants to pass along at the request of the obama gang."massive cuts"?-the budget is 3.8 trillion and they describe 85 billion cut-which affects nothing until the future-as though its some kind of disaster.Whats going to happen if our creditors someday require us to cut one trillion in order to continue getting credit from them?

Since: Apr 07

Oak Ridge, TN

#19 Feb 25, 2013
There is a better way to deal with the financial crises we find ourselves.

To start with since Our Social Security and Medicare Trust Funds hold something like 65% of the National debt why don't we simply retire that part of the National Debt.

Under the Social Security Act whenever there is a surplus in our Social Security and Medicare Trust Funds that surplus must be converted into 'Special' Treasury Bonds and OUR Retirement money is added to the General Tax Fund where it is spent on every thine other than our retirement. I have a plan that will convert those 'Special' Treasury Bonds into eDollars and added back into our Social Security and Medicare Trust Funds. By making the eDollars worth 2 times as much as a Federal Reserve Note we can double the amount of money being held in OUR Social Security and Medicare Trust accounts thus stabilizing both and eliminating that portion of the National Debt or about 65% on the National Debt.

I crunched the numbers several years ago and every person who has put $50.00 a month into their Social Security Trust Account over 45 years is owes $1,500,000.00 EACH. That is with the compounded annual interest figured into the equation. That one itty bitty little detail did not occur to the Democrats when they established the Social Security in 1932. Nor did they take that into consideration when they added the section to the Social Security Act that forces the Treasury to convert our surplus into 'Special' Treasury Bonds in 1983. Heck the Democrats haven't been using their collective heads about anything in a very long time as they have been concentrating on how beast to spend money we DO NOT have and tax us to death in the process.

There is a way we can SAVE our Social Security and Medicare and without forcing cuts on those who have paid for their benefits or raising our taxes to cover it.

Now is the time to get ACTIVE by joining our movement to save the Constitution and the Republic it created by go to my Fan Page and LIKE it.

So please help yourself by helping Jim Hayden reach 60 million LIKES. Then get ACTIVE by Sharing, Copying and Pasting Jimís posts where ever you feel it appropriate and encourage your friends, families and strangers to do likewise.

Thank you for your support.

Jim

Jim Hayden in 2016
https://www.facebook.com/jimhayden2016

Jim Hayden for President in 2016
http://www.jimhayden2012.org

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#20 Feb 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The only options are:
Do check out the article from TIME mag about why medical prceedures cost so much.

Every problem has a solution, if only we don't throw up our hands.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#21 Feb 25, 2013
Jim Hayden wrote:
There is a better way to deal with the financial crises we find ourselves.
To start with since Our Social Security and Medicare Trust Funds hold something like 65% of the National debt why don't we simply retire that part of the National Debt.
Under the Social Security Act whenever there is a surplus in our Social Security and Medicare Trust Funds that surplus must be converted into 'Special' Treasury Bonds and OUR Retirement money is added to the General Tax Fund where it is spent on every thine other than our retirement. I have a plan that will convert those 'Special' Treasury Bonds into eDollars and added back into our Social Security and Medicare Trust Funds. By making the eDollars worth 2 times as much as a Federal Reserve Note we can double the amount of money being held in OUR Social Security and Medicare Trust accounts thus stabilizing both and eliminating that portion of the National Debt or about 65% on the National Debt.
I crunched the numbers several years ago and every person who has put $50.00 a month into their Social Security Trust Account over 45 years is owes $1,500,000.00 EACH. That is with the compounded annual interest figured into the equation. That one itty bitty little detail did not occur to the Democrats when they established the Social Security in 1932. Nor did they take that into consideration when they added the section to the Social Security Act that forces the Treasury to convert our surplus into 'Special' Treasury Bonds in 1983. Heck the Democrats haven't been using their collective heads about anything in a very long time as they have been concentrating on how beast to spend money we DO NOT have and tax us to death in the process.
There is a way we can SAVE our Social Security and Medicare and without forcing cuts on those who have paid for their benefits or raising our taxes to cover it.
Now is the time to get ACTIVE by joining our movement to save the Constitution and the Republic it created by go to my Fan Page and LIKE it.
So please help yourself by helping Jim Hayden reach 60 million LIKES. Then get ACTIVE by Sharing, Copying and Pasting Jimís posts where ever you feel it appropriate and encourage your friends, families and strangers to do likewise.
Thank you for your support.
Jim
Jim Hayden in 2016
https://www.facebook.com/jimhayden2016
Jim Hayden for President in 2016
http://www.jimhayden2012.org
"E-dollars?" And just what is an Edollar worth? Whatever we SAY it is? What BACKS the value of an edollar? The Feds say so? That makes it e-worthless......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Dogen 132,222
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 6 min fedupwiththemess 252
Sony hack renews cybersecurity push 7 min Eleanor 2
The Senate's back-channel in Cuba deal 7 min Foster 4
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min Quirky 293,331
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 8 min Uncle Sam 2,345
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min sonicfilter 1,153,600
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 41 min Le Duped 310
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 48 min GOP-FOX-y-Fiends 81
More from around the web