Atheists Seek Political Clout

Sep 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Real Clear Politics

As the number of Americans unaffiliated with any religion grows, different nonbeliever groups are increasing their political clout on Capitol Hill and in the White House, but say the stigma surrounding atheism makes electoral gains difficult to achieve.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of110
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 27, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

3

That is what Atheist are all about. They are control mongers.
Idiot

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 27, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Robert Stevens wrote:
That is what Atheist are all about. They are control mongers.
So the bible isn't a rulebook?
1 post removed

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

2

If this tread goes on atheist will not be able to make their case, all they will do is slander the good system we have. They are not just against religion, theist, they are against society, and free will.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
So the bible isn't a rulebook?
It was one for it's time, atheist do not understand the ancient writings or what it was about. Instead of being critical all the time they should just appreciate that they do have writings that do date back that far. The truth is most are people that feel jaded by society and they don't respect anything. Here at topix they don't address their real problems. Here at topix they are a group of people so filled with hatred that they can't comprehend anything. If someone outside their made up Christian vs Atheist war comments, they will declare them a member of one of the two parties. There is very good reason to believe atheist would first be against freedom of religion, which will move onto being against freedom of speech.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Robert Stevens wrote:
If this tread goes on atheist will not be able to make their case, all they will do is slander the good system we have. They are not just against religion, theist, they are against society, and free will.
You just need to prove your god, and you instantly stop looking like a bitter, mentally ill creationist who can't accept facts.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Robert Stevens wrote:
That is what Atheist are all about. They are control mongers.
Nonsense.
Religion is increasingly seen for what it is - superstition. It's divisive and outdated, that's all.

Time for religions to pass into history and take their places amongst all other mythologies.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You just need to prove your god, and you instantly stop looking like a bitter, mentally ill creationist who can't accept facts.
Thank you for making my point.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 28, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsense.
Religion is increasingly seen for what it is - superstition. It's divisive and outdated, that's all.
Time for religions to pass into history and take their places amongst all other mythologies.
Thank you for proving my point. In the end atheist want thought police. This post is an example of how they feel about people having beliefs different from their own.
1 post removed

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 29, 2013
 
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for making my point.
Just listen to yourself:

You: atheists are controlling

Idiot: the bible is a rulebook.

You: I have no point anymore.

That's how a normal logical conversation is supposed to go.

Believe me, we will tell you when you've made your point. It involves you proving the god that your worried cult sent you here to lie to us about.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for proving my point. In the end atheist want thought police. This post is an example of how they feel about people having beliefs different from their own.
Atheists don't want thought police, we want liars like you to be honest and admit that you have no proof of god.

That is all really. All the rest your mental illness makes up.
1 post removed

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists don't want thought police, we want liars like you to be honest and admit that you have no proof of god.
That is all really. All the rest your mental illness makes up.
Oddly enough I could answer this off topic comment and remain on topic. You consider me mentally challenged. Could be true my loves do some times put me in tougher situations. On the other hand, I consider you spiritually challenged. The question is, do you have an unexercised soul or no soul at all. The soul does keep one at check, from doing outstandingly evil or irresponsible. I prefer being under the leadership of mentally challenged sorts than spiritually challenged sorts. Beware of Atheist, says I. This conclusion of your that I am not being honest. I take this as more of a sign of your own honesty than mine. You view this as a topic worthy of lying about instead of discussing. Previously on this tread here. I admitted The Bible is a book of rules, yet you make a statement as if I did not all ready admit that. You are either being dishonest or your comprehension skills are failing you.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for proving my point. In the end atheist want thought police. This post is an example of how they feel about people having beliefs different from their own.
Nope. Atheists are some of the most contentious people on the planet.

Trying to get them to agree on a single issue (apart from the idiot notion of gods) is like trying to heard cats.

Atheists are characterized by one (1) trait and one (1) trait only: they do not believe in supernatural shyt like gods.

That's it.

But you, lying about it, is a Hallmark of someone who has been damaged from brainwashing.

It's rather pitiful to witness your damage too.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Robert Stevens wrote:
The question is, do you have an unexercised soul or no soul at all.
What is this "soul" bullshit you keep talking of?

What is it made of?

How much does it weigh?

Do Alzheimer's sufferers lose the soul? If not--they why doesn't the soul preserve their memories? If they did[lose it]--what did they do to deserve such a horrible fate?

Where in the body is the soul located? Can you point to a physical structure, that if removed, would also remove the soul?

If not, why not?

How big is the soul? Can you compress it? Does it change temperature, if it's compressed? Will it expand to fit a different sized body? Will it change, if that happens?

Can a soul be divided into two souls? Can two souls be combined into a new, different soul? How? Or why not?

**********

But the #1 question of all: WHERE did you get your ideas about souls? From what **authority** do you use, to make your claims?

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this "soul" bullshit you keep talking of?
What is it made of?
How much does it weigh?
Do Alzheimer's sufferers lose the soul? If not--they why doesn't the soul preserve their memories? If they did[lose it]--what did they do to deserve such a horrible fate?
Where in the body is the soul located? Can you point to a physical structure, that if removed, would also remove the soul?
If not, why not?
How big is the soul? Can you compress it? Does it change temperature, if it's compressed? Will it expand to fit a different sized body? Will it change, if that happens?
Can a soul be divided into two souls? Can two souls be combined into a new, different soul? How? Or why not?
**********
But the #1 question of all: WHERE did you get your ideas about souls? From what **authority** do you use, to make your claims?
Would you go as far as saying people should not be allowed to gather in the name of religion, or to discuss such things as souls?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you go as far as saying people should not be allowed to gather in the name of religion, or to discuss such things as souls?
But the #1 question of all: WHERE did you get your ideas about souls? From what **authority** do you use, to make your claims?

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
But the #1 question of all: WHERE did you get your ideas about souls? From what **authority** do you use, to make your claims?
"Atheist seek political clout" Is the message tread. The answer to your question is, clearly there are many people and from many different beliefs that do belief in souls. I don't see why I should have to post here as if I am the founder of the beliefs there are such things as souls. Honestly I think your post belittle atheism and your prior post prove the assumptions I made.

I think due to your poor comprehension skills you won't be able to stay on this topic. Reading your post that are against anyone having beliefs outside your own, brings home the fact. People should not vote for atheist.

If you had the authority, you would most likely band books that involve religion, theism, paranormal and just anything that goes any where besides your agenda. Just as Atheist/communist countries now do have. Asking an atheist to be tolerant is like asking a dog to meow.

As we are in this wonderful Christian based nation, go out and enjoy a trip to Barnes and Noble and take in all the diversity in material they offer. You could read on Buddhism, and find the answers to the questions you asked me.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 30, 2013
 
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
But the #1 question of all: WHERE did you get your ideas about souls? From what **authority** do you use, to make your claims?
I hope trying to reason with lunatics is good for your soul, Bob :-)
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Robert Stevens wrote:
That is what Atheist are all about. They are control mongers.
Says the guy who wants to control womans reproductive systems. I am just taking a guess you are anti-abortion.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Sep 30, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Oddly enough I could answer this off topic comment and remain on topic. You consider me mentally challenged. Could be true my loves do some times put me in tougher situations. On the other hand, I consider you spiritually challenged. The question is, do you have an unexercised soul or no soul at all. The soul does keep one at check, from doing outstandingly evil or irresponsible. I prefer being under the leadership of mentally challenged sorts than spiritually challenged sorts. Beware of Atheist, says I. This conclusion of your that I am not being honest. I take this as more of a sign of your own honesty than mine. You view this as a topic worthy of lying about instead of discussing. Previously on this tread here. I admitted The Bible is a book of rules, yet you make a statement as if I did not all ready admit that. You are either being dishonest or your comprehension skills are failing you.
You can't prove a word of the rubbish that comes out of your keyboard.

You are largely an embarrassment to nature, to the host human that houses your mental illness that causes your person to dishonestly run away from proving any of the personal hallucinations you claim are universally true.

You can't prove this spiritual nonsense, the soul or god and you know that you have nothing of substance to back it up any further.

But will you admit this nonsense? nope, because you are arrogant and delusional - a symptom of the mental illness you suffer from.

Will you see a doctor? nope, because you believe you are "blessed" with seeing something that atheists cannot. Such a sad state of affairs of the mentally infected...
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Sep 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Robert Stevens wrote:
If this tread goes on atheist will not be able to make their case, all they will do is slander the good system we have. They are not just against religion, theist, they are against society, and free will.
HA, ignorance is common in your community. The only thing atheists want, is to uphold constitutional law. It is the religious who keep infringing on the rights of others, it's why they consistently loose the battle in court.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of110
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••