Most Americans back path to citizensh...

Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll

There are 890 comments on the mymixfm.com story from Mar 20, 2013, titled Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll. In it, mymixfm.com reports that:

The majority of Americans favor giving millions of illegal immigrants a way to earn citizenship, according to a survey released on Thursday, highlighting public support for efforts in Congress to reform immigration law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at mymixfm.com.

Cat74

United States

#176 Mar 23, 2013
Illegal aliens could never pay as much taxes as they cost the American taxpayer. As far as who won the 2012 election, Children there is another election next year, and one 2 years after that, and Obama, Biden, and their 40 thieves have already made voters have buyer beware problems. So funny. I can't find one person who legally voted for Obama-Biden. Have they voted for that illegal alien pathway yet? Why not?
halley

Carson City, NV

#177 Mar 23, 2013
In the Public Religion Research Institute poll, 63 percent of Americans said they supported a path to citizenship for undocumented foreigners if they meet certain requirements.
http://mymixfm.com/news/articles/2013/mar/21/...
Of course THEY do because of religious belief but main stream American had a different opinion base on law and legality.
Cat74

United States

#178 Mar 23, 2013
O K If they pay a $50,000.fine for each member of their family, (we can take payments) for entering the country illegally, learn English, pay back all the welfare money, and healthcare money they received. Then maybe they can get a temp card until we see if they are worthy of citizenship in the USA. Otherwise send them home with the money we will save from having to take care of them.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#179 Mar 23, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
O K If they pay a $50,000.fine for each member of their family,(we can take payments) for entering the country illegally, learn English, pay back all the welfare money, and healthcare money they received. Then maybe they can get a temp card until we see if they are worthy of citizenship in the USA. Otherwise send them home with the money we will save from having to take care of them.
A $50,000 fine for a misdemeanor?

A bit excessive.

Also unrealistic.
2 posts removed
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#182 Mar 23, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
US v Wong Kim Ark (1898).
The SCOTUS ruled that essentially anyone born in the US is entitled to citizenship under the 14th amendment. The only exceptions were children born to foreign rules or foreign diplomats.
Try actually READING the case and verdict. That case does not apply and every lawyer, even those that support birth right citizenship will tell you that. In fact the 14th amendment was not even cited in the case.
Dan Salazar

AOL

#183 Mar 23, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
O K If they pay a $50,000.fine for each member of their family,(we can take payments) for entering the country illegally, learn English, pay back all the welfare money, and healthcare money they received. Then maybe they can get a temp card until we see if they are worthy of citizenship in the USA. Otherwise send them home with the money we will save from having to take care of them.
Bravo!
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#184 Mar 23, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
The SCOTUS ruled that essentially anyone born in the US is entitled to citizenship under the 14th amendment. The only exceptions were children born to foreign rules or foreign diplomats.
Wrong! That's what all the loons or people with an agenda are parroting.

It reminds me of watching a documentary where flies are flying around or walking on a persons face, and they just ignore the fly. The fly probably was walking in sh!t before, but they are so used to the flies they think it's normal. Even a horse will try and swat the fly with its tail.

That's what a lot of you loons do with what's going on with our country. You're so used the sh!t that our government does, you think it's normal. The news and our government lie all the time, but you don't question them. Most of you parrot them like it's gospel.

Tawas City, Michigan

#185 Mar 23, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Try actually READING the case and verdict. That case does not apply and every lawyer, even those that support birth right citizenship will tell you that. In fact the 14th amendment was not even cited in the case.
Wrong yet again.

They discussed the citizenship clause of the 14th amendment extensively; it was the entire basis of the ruling.

They specifically affirmed the principle of jus soli (birthplace) to be the determinant of citizenship, even for those born to foreign nationals.

In 1942 the SCOTUS upheld that precedent by rejecting an appeal in Regan v King which specifically sought to overturn the US v Ark precedent.

If what you claim is true, then why hasn't the SCOTUS overturned birthright citizenship for children born to illegals? They've only had 114 years to do so......

Tawas City, Michigan

#186 Mar 23, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong! That's what all the loons or people with an agenda are parroting.
It reminds me of watching a documentary where flies are flying around or walking on a persons face, and they just ignore the fly. The fly probably was walking in sh!t before, but they are so used to the flies they think it's normal. Even a horse will try and swat the fly with its tail.
That's what a lot of you loons do with what's going on with our country. You're so used the sh!t that our government does, you think it's normal. The news and our government lie all the time, but you don't question them. Most of you parrot them like it's gospel.
I read the SCOTUS decision. It says exactly what I said it did.

Tawas City, Michigan

#187 Mar 23, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
And in case you're going to claim illegals aren't "subject to the jurisdiction thereof", the SCOTUS settled that question in Plyler v Doe (1982) where they specifically found illegals ARE subject to the jurisdiction of the US simply by their presence here.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#188 Mar 23, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong yet again.
They discussed the citizenship clause of the 14th amendment extensively; it was the entire basis of the ruling.
They specifically affirmed the principle of jus soli (birthplace) to be the determinant of citizenship, even for those born to foreign nationals.
In 1942 the SCOTUS upheld that precedent by rejecting an appeal in Regan v King which specifically sought to overturn the US v Ark precedent.
If what you claim is true, then why hasn't the SCOTUS overturned birthright citizenship for children born to illegals? They've only had 114 years to do so......
I addressed that in the first post. Try READING. Learn some facts rather than parroting the party line.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#189 Mar 23, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the SCOTUS decision. It says exactly what I said it did.
You read it, may be, but you did not understand or care to understand.

Tawas City, Michigan

#190 Mar 23, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
I addressed that in the first post. Try READING. Learn some facts rather than parroting the party line.
There parentage is irrelevent.

The ONLY thing that matters is were they born in the US.

Tawas City, Michigan

#191 Mar 23, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
You read it, may be, but you did not understand or care to understand.
And yet MY understanding of it is fact the official policy of the US; children born in the US to illegal parents ARE US citizens.

Cry about it all you want, it doesn't change reality.

Hmmmm, guess I understand better than you.
1 post removed

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#193 Mar 23, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet MY understanding of it is fact the official policy of the US; children born in the US to illegal parents ARE US citizens.
Cry about it all you want, it doesn't change reality.
Hmmmm, guess I understand better than you.
personally, I think people interpreted the law wrong.

the key issue here is what exactly does "under the jurisdiction" mean?

if 2 non-citizens gave birth to a child in the usa... then, returned to their home country WITHOUT their child. would they still retain control of the child?

I mean.. think about it some.

if the non-citizen couple went back home without their child, and then, requested that the usa return their child to them..

wouldn't it be a case of the child not being "under the jurisdiction" since obviously the usa would return the child?

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#194 Mar 24, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.

The court found that Kim's parents were legally in the country therefore was entitled to be born a US citizen.

The 14th amendment requires the parents to be under the jurisdiction of the US in order for the child to be born a US citizen. There is a difference between being under the jurisdiction and being subject to the law.

My son was born in the Philippines, he was born a US citizen because i'am a US citizen and i'am under the jurisdiction of the US. That is also why i have to pay taxes to the US when i'am outside the country. Illegal aliens are not under the jurisdiction of the US they are under whatever country they are a citizen of.

Illegal aliens can not be tried for treason or compelled to perform jury duty because they are not US citizens, but they are subject to the laws of the law.

Even American Indians were not US citizens even thou they were born inside the US before 1924. The citizen act allowed them to be born US citizens, no such act has been passed for illegal aliens.

I don't see a reason why the government allows illegal aliens to be born US citizens and it's not within federal law.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#195 Mar 24, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
A $50,000 fine for a misdemeanor?
A bit excessive.
Also unrealistic.
Don't have them pay anything, just deport them.
1 post removed

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#197 Mar 24, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
President Obama received a majority of the Roman Catholic vote
LOL!!!

And how many of the Hispanics are "CATHOLIC"?

#198 Mar 24, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
14th Amendment bothers teabaggers, the rest of us go on with our lives
You're the one whining!

#199 Mar 24, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

I assume it showed hispanics stomping on the flag or something.

So what?

That's free speech.
You have to watch the clip to know what "SOMETHING" is!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 2 min TRUMP WINNERS 2,474
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Peppy 1,457,236
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min scientia potentia... 216,584
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 4 min Jim 14,425
News Carrier says it has deal with Trump to keep job... 4 min Trump16 19
News Donald Trump criticizes Jill Stein-led recount ... 4 min Le Jimbo 123
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 4 min Politicus Maximus 87
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min INFIDEL 403,218
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min TRUMP WINNERS 252,732
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 49 min positronium 954
News Trump selects Rep. Tom Price to lead Department... 1 hr inbred Genius 109
More from around the web