Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17554 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#17519 Mar 2, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews in America are, by and large, a progressive population. In fact, among religious denominations, they are among the most progressive--especially the reform and conservative denominations. So do you believe that American Jews, by and large, wish to help the enemies of Israel?
You tell me, does the left support Israel? Does the right? Case closed Jeffy
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#17520 Mar 2, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews in America are, by and large, a progressive population. In fact, among religious denominations, they are among the most progressive--especially the reform and conservative denominations. So do you believe that American Jews, by and large, wish to help the enemies of Israel?
If all the Jews in America were progressives and most of them are, and they ALL fully supported Israel as you are implying, progressives would still support Israel's enemies.

Your intentional or otherwise flaw in logic is that the progressives are mostly Jews. They are probably not more than 10 percent. I am going to assume this is a mistake and you are not intentionally being dishonest. Give you the benefit of doubt. This time.

So what is it? Are you dumb or are you a liar?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#17521 Mar 2, 2014
This started when X Rated Breath opened her big yap and insisted conservatives hate Jews.

Now you clowns are trying to tell me Obama and Clinton are Jews.

But that's why I like you silly jackasses.
Word

Baltimore, OH

#17522 Mar 2, 2014
U.S. General: Muslim Brotherhood has infiltrated Pentagon in “high security clearance” positions - See more at: http://pamelageller.com/2014/03/u-s-general-m...

"America elected a monster."

A progressive ideologue "monster", even..
Word

Baltimore, OH

#17523 Mar 2, 2014
Islamic Terror Group Hezbullah has acquired and deployed Russian cruise missile - See more at: http://pamelageller.com/2014/03/islamic-terro...

Obama say, "Respect it!"
Word

Baltimore, OH

#17524 Mar 2, 2014
Hey, Xavier breath, "kiss the baby"!

http://youtu.be/vWtQ4lfU2vo

Never forget.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#17525 Mar 2, 2014
Word wrote:
Never forget.
OH HELL YEAH! A fine instrument of American power and might! Pretty too.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#17526 Mar 2, 2014
Word wrote:
U.S. General: Muslim Brotherhood has infiltrated Pentagon in “high security clearance” positions - See more at: http://pamelageller.com/2014/03/u-s-general-m...
http://www.tomatobubble.com/putin_obama.html

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#17527 Mar 2, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Thanks Frankie, here's an excerpt from that article you linked:

Pew Study Finds MSNBC the Most Opinionated Cable News Channel By Far

If you’re like most cable news viewers, you probably think the channel you favor has a monopoly on the facts and the other ones are nothing more than a bunch of ranting. In fact, which cable network is the most opinionated is not a matter of opinion. It’s MSNBC.

A full 85% of the Comcast-owned network’s coverage can be classified as opinion or commentary rather than straight news, according to the authors of the Pew Research Center’s annual State of the News Media report.

CNN and Fox News Channel, meanwhile, fall much closer to a 50/50 distribution, with Fox News skewing somewhat more heavily toward opinion.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17528 Mar 2, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
If you’re like most cable news viewers, you probably think the channel you favor has a monopoly on the facts and the other ones are nothing more than a bunch of ranting. In fact, which cable network is the most opinionated is not a matter of opinion. It’s MSNBC.
A full 85% of the Comcast-owned network’s coverage can be classified as opinion or commentary rather than straight news, according to the authors of the Pew Research Center’s annual State of the News Media report.
CNN and Fox News Channel, meanwhile, fall much closer to a 50/50 distribution, with Fox News skewing somewhat more heavily toward opinion.
Well said.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#17529 Mar 2, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If all the Jews in America were progressives and most of them are, and they ALL fully supported Israel as you are implying, progressives would still support Israel's enemies.
Your intentional or otherwise flaw in logic is that the progressives are mostly Jews. They are probably not more than 10 percent. I am going to assume this is a mistake and you are not intentionally being dishonest. Give you the benefit of doubt. This time.
No, Frankie, you are the one who made the logical fallacy that you just described. You are the one who claimed that another poster must support Israel's enemies because he's progressive. I just pointed out how stupid that was.

Sheeesh. You can hit some people over the head with a bowling ball and hurt the ball more than their head!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#17530 Mar 2, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that Fox News pretends that its opinions are actually news. If you have a channel that is 100% commentary, and all of the shows describe themselves as commentary, there is no problem. As far as I know, MSNBC is 100% commentary. But Fox News tries to pass itself off as "fair and balanced." Any objective review of what they cover and how they cover it reveals that they're lying.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#17531 Mar 2, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
By being your version of "progressive".
Miss Cleo.... keep it up and I'm going to tell your parole officer than you are telling fortunes again..... and getting them all wrong.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#17532 Mar 2, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, shoulda cited an MSNBC or NY Times article that said the same exact thing. My bad.
Progressive leaning news source good! Truth!
Conservative leaning news source BAD! Liars!
It's not a secret that FUX News is a big liar. Ask President Romney.

http://gawker.com/5814309/jon-stewart-reads-o...
1 post removed
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#17534 Mar 2, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Geez, Flunkie. What exactly do you think that link proves? Oh wait..... I bet I know. You think it means MSNBC tells more opinion that fact. It doesn't say anywhere that the opinions are lies. What it DOES says is this: A full 85% of the Comcast-owned network’s coverage can be classified as opinion or commentary rather than straight news,

Coverage can be classified as opinion or commentary rather than straight news.

So MSNBC's programming is 85% commentary. So? Commentary isn't a lie. FUX News LIES: http://www.examiner.com/article/surprise-fox-...
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#17535 Mar 2, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell me, does the left support Israel? Does the right? Case closed Jeffy
1. yes
2. only the fundies support Israel the rest do not.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#17536 Mar 2, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<
Jesus, Flunkie! Where did he say progressives are mostly Jews? He said Jews are mostly progressive.

Dyslexia sucks.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#17537 Mar 2, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
This started when X Rated Breath opened her big yap and insisted conservatives hate Jews.
Now you clowns are trying to tell me Obama and Clinton are Jews.
But that's why I like you silly jackasses.
Geez..... I missed that post. Where was that?

Are you hallucinating? Huffing gasoline fumes is gonna kill you.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#17538 Mar 2, 2014
Word wrote:
Gen Boykin of the Family Research Council? Oh yeah..... no bias or lies there. <snark>
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#17539 Mar 2, 2014
Word wrote:
Never forget.
Never forget that you are a clueless twit?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Dogen 219,579
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 3 min Soetoro 1,200
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Garthok 1,496,497
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Jacques Ottawa 237,196
News Being conservative is not being racist 11 min Barros con ganas 486
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Laughing At Trump 258,909
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 22 min TRUMP 45 125
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 36 min mdbuilder 2,525
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 49 min Trump won grow up 5,797
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr -Dont Panic- 412,491
More from around the web