Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17556 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#17425 Feb 26, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Almost nightly? I never do a thing almost boy. Either I do it or I don't!
Don't you know Cliff Clavin's buffalo theory?
“Well you see, Norm, it’s like this ... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the heard is hunted, it is the lowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.”
Never do a thing almost, lad! Either you drink or you don't. Myself, I drink.
The thing is, I'm drunk and you're whiny. Tomorrow (if you catch me early) I'll be sober. But you'll still be whining. Ah good times! Shots and beers! That's the way Frankie rolls.
Excuse me for assuming you took a night off once in a great while from getting drunk off your ass. I stand corrected.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
My B.A.C. is irrelevant. I'm not driving.
So you push your motorized wheel chair around when you're drunk?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#17426 Feb 26, 2014
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me for assuming you took a night off once in a great while from getting drunk off your ass. I stand corrected.
<quoted text>
Ask Flunkie about drunk in public laws.

According to California Penal Code Section 647(f), it is illegal to be in any public place under the influence of alcohol or drugs in such a condition that you are unable to exercise care for your own safety or the safety of others, or to interfere with, obstruct or prevent the free use of any street, sidewalk, or other public way.- See more at: http://www.nocuffs.com/california-drunk-in-pu...
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#17427 Feb 26, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Lets see you spent two years in the Navy, according to you ,both where in Vietnam. And you sailed to all those places,
As I recall you said that when you where in the Navy, your job was to rescue downed pilots. Yet in the post , you claim to be a geologist in the Navy.
No no, you messed it all up dummy. Pay attention this time!

Two tours in Vietnam, six in the Navy. SAR off an aircraft carrier but I wasn't aboard the helo to rescue people. I was there to rescue high tech stuff while the SAR boys rescued people. Very exciting!

Then the GI Bill for a MS geology, then 33 years as a geologist, now retired. Ah good times!
You could have done similar but you chose to smoke pot and flip burgers and whine. Also you're a dope.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#17428 Feb 26, 2014
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I usually don't leave my boat. But hell no I don't push it, I drive my wheelchair drunk. So sue me.

One time I was taking it to the liquor store and I was drinking a beer and cruising down the street when a cop car drove by. I tossed my half full beer at him and hit him square on his back window, beer foaming all over it was a beautiful shot! He screeches to a stop, backs up and starts yelling at me says WTF???!!! I said back off, I'm a veteran. He said yeah well don't throw beers at cars, next time I'll arrest you.

Ah good times! Lighten up fruitloops, I'm a veteran.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#17429 Feb 26, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
According to California Penal Code Section 647(f), it is illegal to be in any public place under the influence of alcohol or drugs in such a condition that you are unable to exercise care for your own safety or the safety of others, or to interfere with, obstruct or prevent the free use of any street, sidewalk, or other public way.- See more at: http://www.nocuffs.com/california-drunk-in-pu...
Ah good times!

One time I was thrown out of a bar. Now when I say I was thrown out, I don't mean they asked me to leave. I mean they picked me up and physically threw me out on the street where a cop arrested me for drunk in public. I said officer I don't want to be drunk in public, I was drunk in a bar with no intention of being drunk in public but they threw me out into public it was beyond my control!(Courtesy of Ron White)(sorry if i mangled it Ron).
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#17430 Feb 26, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#17431 Feb 27, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers :-)
I wonder whose nightmare you want to be?
An Alb (or Albe) is a mischievous creature associated with dreams;0)
E Street Banned

Ridgewood, NJ

#17432 Feb 27, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I had never heard of that particular incident. I am truly embarrassed to share this earth with the jerk that thought your story was funny. It is a sad part of American history, and we must remember and learn from history.
Waaaaaaaahhhhh!

Look,if blacks are going tho whine about injustices that occurred 100 years ago, they might want to start by not KILLING EACH OTHER IN THE STREETS IN 2014.

Black men kill more black men in Chicago than the KKK ever lynched.....
FACT.
http://www.blackplanet.com/news/article_comme...
E Street Banned

Ridgewood, NJ

#17433 Feb 27, 2014
E Street Banned wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaaaaaaahhhhh!
Look,if blacks are going tho whine about injustices that occurred 100 years ago, they might want to start by not KILLING EACH OTHER IN THE STREETS IN 2014.
Black men kill more black men in Chicago than the KKK ever lynched.....
FACT.
http://www.blackplanet.com/news/article_comme...
Let me make this even easier for Jeff to understand:
Let's say 500 homo's a year were murdering each other in San Fran. You'd probably consider this some kind of crisis, wouldn't you? But to the esteemed Reverends Al and Jesse, well it''s just good business!
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#17434 Feb 27, 2014
Being greedy and being fat is legal and excepted...When will churches backlash against the fat and rich having civil rights? I mean greed and gluttony are mentioned as sins 10 times more then gay sin. So must be worst sin to be fat and rich.
E Street Banned

Ridgewood, NJ

#17435 Feb 27, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
Being greedy and being fat is legal and excepted...When will churches backlash against the fat and rich having civil rights? I mean greed and gluttony are mentioned as sins 10 times more then gay sin. So must be worst sin to be fat and rich.
"Excuse me sir, I'm cutting you off. You've had one too many Luthers....'

http://thedish.restaurant.com/wp-content/uplo...
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#17436 Feb 27, 2014
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
An Alb (or Albe) is a mischievous creature associated with dreams;0)
Aw. Does the little homophobe believe in Albs? Cute.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#17437 Feb 27, 2014
Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me, Nancy. Which constitution calls marriage a right?
I see princess. You're initial post was decimated, and you are unable to refute how stupid you came across, so rather than simply putting your tail between your legs and crawling away, you're decided to obfuscate by changing the subject. Got it.

Did I state somewhere that the Constitution calls marriage a right? Nope, I sure didn't. But since you're brought it up, I can tell you that the Supreme Court of the United States has called marriage a fundamental right in 14 separate rulings. If you need them listed out, just let me know.
<quoted text>
Marriage is defined as one man and one woman.
No princess, it isn't. If it were, then Congress wouldn't have had to rush to enact the unconstitutional DOMA into law. DOMA proves that marriage is not defined as one man and one woman. Actually dear, marriage is defined as an "institution", a "commitment" and a "ceremony". Those definitions aren't changed in any way when the gender make up of the participants is altered.
<quoted text>
You rump rangers seem to think it means something else.
No princess, we rump rangers know exactly how it is defines. Unlike trailer snot like yourself, we rump rangers all tend to own dictionaries and have a proper education.
<quoted text>
nother tidbit , man's laws can be changed.
Yes princess, I'm well aware. It changes a lot. Especially when the majority seem to think they can enact unconstitutional laws. Our history is rife with these changes. Just like how unconstitutional laws banning gays from marrying have been struck down in the last few weeks in Texas, Virginia, Utah, Kentucky and Oklahoma. Laws that violate the constitution are struck down all the time dear. This isn't news.
<quoted text>
Just ask a normal Californian.
As opposed to an un-normal trailer hillbilly like yourself?
<quoted text>
Nature's laws cannot be changed by black robed tyrants or long winded queers.
You seem to be indicating that marriage has something to do with nature. It doesn't princess. Marriage is a man made institution, it has nothing to do with nature. Do they hold a lot of rabbit marriages in your trailer park?
<quoted text>
It's a God thing. You wouldn't understand.
No deary, it's a state thing. Marriage is a civil institution. It has nothing to do with your imaginary friend. Just ask any of the millions of atheists that are currently married in this country.

Is there any other bit of nonsense that you'd like to try and trot out princess? Let us know.

Location hidden

#17438 Feb 27, 2014
barry wrote:
<quoted text>probably not, but you are comparing apples to oranges..
there is no artistic signiture to a mattress that was made in a factory, displayed on a showroom floor and delivered top a house. there is no personal identity to the creation of the mattress.
Poor Barry. You must be so upset. In the last few weeks Georgia, Arizona, Tennessee, Kansas, Idaho, Missouri, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Utah all tried to pass legislation allowing bigot Christians to deny services to gays. Every single one of them never made it anywhere. Know why? Because our Constitution and our government will never allow Christians to have special rights to discriminate. Poor Barry, this must have been a horrible couple weeks for you.

Location hidden

#17439 Feb 27, 2014
barry wrote:
<quoted text>and once again you fail to show that services that are not preformed in a place of public accommodation are covered. her place of business might be covered by the law but the event of their "wedding" is not.
This has been addressed ad nauseum. You are wrong, and you are being intentionally deceitful.

1) ALL services that are provided as a result of her place of business are covered. ALL services. That includes any off site flower placements. ALL the services are the result of her place of public accommodation. The law says so. The very same law that you denied for months that even qualified her as a place of public accommodation. The same law that you desperately and deceitfully try and reinterpret.

2) She was never asked to place the flowers at the event sight. This is something you continue to simply make up out of thin air, because you're so very desperate to find any way possible to excuse her discrimination.
1 post removed

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#17441 Feb 27, 2014
<quoted text>How many cities did God destroy due to the inhabitants being fat and rich? Dumbass.
Exactly the same number He destroyed for homosexuality.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#17442 Feb 27, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly the same number He destroyed for homosexuality.
Wouldn't that be ZERO, ZILCH and NADA!!!!

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#17443 Feb 27, 2014
How many cities did God destroy due to the inhabitants being fat and rich? Dumbass.
Didn't Lot have sex with his daughter in that bible story?

“sly as a fox”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#17444 Feb 27, 2014
DaveinMass wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Lot have sex with his daughter in that bible story?
Better reread from a non-gay perspective-impossible?? not really
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#17445 Feb 27, 2014
iamcuriousnow wrote:
<quoted text>
Better reread from a non-gay perspective-impossible?? not really
Wait..... are you denying that Lott had sex with his daughters?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,405,631
News Promoting national unity, Clinton also seeks to... 11 min Bama Yankee 1
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 44 min Abe 233,550
News Democratic National Convention Takeaways: Obama... 58 min gwww 35
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Aura Mytha 201,709
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr pooky 10,494
News Sheriff Joe Chapman 1 hr saint compared 3
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr Quirky 5,695
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Quirky 391,567
News The Latest: First lady calls out Trump, - hatefula 9 hr LoveTRUMPHate 86
More from around the web