Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17556 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#1244 Jan 13, 2013
Jayce wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for confirming that you cannot rationally dispute anything in my post.
Lying about my identity and making up lies about me changes nothing.
I have never been divorced, not that that has anything to do with the truth you cannot refute.
But ya ARE divorced, Blanche. Don't you remember having a panic attack when I reminded you that court records are public records?
1 post removed

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#1246 Jan 13, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
And do you feel any better,or differently when you frequent those other 10 or so places?
Of course we do!
No,of course not.
PLEASE!!!!!! Don't EVER deign to speak for gay people. You have no idea what gay people feel!
The laws,in and of themselves,are very non discriminatory.
If you don't like them,try to amend them.
We are not only trying to do so, we are succeeding.

“sly as a fox”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1247 Jan 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
And if same sex was made legal ALL PEOPLE COULD MARRY WHO THEY LOVED.....AND LOVED THEM BACK./.
No matter how many times you nazi pigs try we will mvoe forward and you will lose...YOU HAVE IN MANY STATES ALREADY.
How about marriage between humans and animals?? If marriage
is legal between two men or two women the next step could be marriage between man and animal. Outrageous? No more than marriage between two men or two women.The sanctity of marriage must be kept
male and female the two become one.
TheTroll Stopper

Salem, VA

#1248 Jan 13, 2013
iamcuriousnow wrote:
<quoted text>
How about marriage between humans and animals??
If you can provide us with definitive proof that an animal has ever able to successfully consent to marriage, then we'll talk. Otherwise, you're dismissed.
NEXT!
Carol

Orem, UT

#1249 Jan 13, 2013
Frankies Pudenda wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose heterosexuals never die young, eh?
I don't know any heterosexual who have died young from living a heterosexual lifestyle...

The disease these young people acquired was a result of their homosexual lifestyle...

The first cases that bought aids/HIV to public knowledge was in the late 80s....

When homosexuals were being quarantined in hospital rooms across the USA dying from aids/HIV...

It was then spread to the general populous usually from DL men who infected their wives, girlfriends.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1250 Jan 13, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
The laws already apply to everyone the same exact way,now you want to change that?
How is that equality?
Let's review ...

2 posts removed
Carol

Orem, UT

#1253 Jan 14, 2013
America will become just like the 80s...but this time instead of homosexual males

it will be young kids who are in quarantine dying from diseases because

homosexuals taught them that anal sex is just as normal as vaginal sex.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#1254 Jan 14, 2013
Carol wrote:
America will become just like the 80s...but this time instead of homosexual males
it will be young kids who are in quarantine dying from diseases because
homosexuals taught them that anal sex is just as normal as vaginal sex.
Unlike religious conservatives, however, we'll also teach them about condoms and safe sex. When age-appropriate, of course.
Carol

Orem, UT

#1255 Jan 14, 2013
Males and females need to take precautions to avoid getting feces / E-Coli on or in parts of the body where it doesn't belong.

Females in particular need to be diligent about making sure their partner washes his genitals and hands and insist on a condom.

Washing for females

For the same reasons, females should always remember to wipe and to wash from front to back only. Front-back, lift the washcloth away and rinse the cloth thoroughly. Then, do front to back again. With bathroom tissues, never wipe from "back to front" or you risk moving E-Coli from the outside anal area to the vaginal area or urethra.

Washing for males

If uncircumcised, males must pull the foreskin back and clean the head of the penis and all folds of skin. Then clean the penis and pubic area around the base of the penis (the pubic hair area).

It's frightening that some here didn't know the dangers of fecal material entering the vagina...

Yet they're pushing even to kids that anal sex is just as normal as vaginal sex....

sickofit

Hayfield, MN

#1256 Jan 14, 2013
iamcuriousnow wrote:
<quoted text>
How about marriage between humans and animals?? If marriage
is legal between two men or two women the next step could be marriage between man and animal. Outrageous? No more than marriage between two men or two women.The sanctity of marriage must be kept
male and female the two become one.
Animals can not consent so never can happen......SHUT UP HITLER BOY.

You religous freaks dont get to control peopel anymore,....for thousands of years you religous pukes ahve controled and tortured and killed people in name of yuour demonic god and ENOUGH IS ENOUGH..........NO MORE NAZI FASCIST CULT RELIGION..........GOT IT PUNK ..........ONE MORE STEP AND IT WILL BE OUT RIGHT WAR AND YORU KIND WILL LOSE.....
the light has come

Danville, IL

#1257 Jan 14, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
I had hoped with the constant and repeated exposure to the fact you have no legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of equal treatment as required by the constitution, you might begin to realize your position relies on unfounded, unsupportable, irrational prejudice that only results in needless suffering and death. Many others have overcome the prejudice we were all taught as children. You can too. Perhaps one day...
I had reminded you that we did not agree on this issue and i was not going to change to suit you. Twice I told you the same thing we do not agree. you do not agree with me but you think I should agree with you. I do not agree with you are your references. Is that plain enough. If you want to her the same message again, I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU! Just hit the reply.
sickofit

Hayfield, MN

#1258 Jan 14, 2013
Carol wrote:
Males and females need to take precautions to avoid getting feces / E-Coli on or in parts of the body where it doesn't belong.
Females in particular need to be diligent about making sure their partner washes his genitals and hands and insist on a condom.
Washing for females
For the same reasons, females should always remember to wipe and to wash from front to back only. Front-back, lift the washcloth away and rinse the cloth thoroughly. Then, do front to back again. With bathroom tissues, never wipe from "back to front" or you risk moving E-Coli from the outside anal area to the vaginal area or urethra.
Washing for males
If uncircumcised, males must pull the foreskin back and clean the head of the penis and all folds of skin. Then clean the penis and pubic area around the base of the penis (the pubic hair area).
It's frightening that some here didn't know the dangers of fecal material entering the vagina...
Yet they're pushing even to kids that anal sex is just as normal as vaginal sex....
You do know as long as person you have anal sex with has no disease you cant get any diseases right???

Or just wear condom and no one gets anything.....YOUR WELCOME THAT I EDUCATED YOU...

My wife and I have been married for 25 years....I have did her once in awhile up her ass for lonegr then that and neither of us have ever got any diseases...

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#1259 Jan 14, 2013
Carol wrote:
Males and females need to take precautions .......
No one is "pushing it" to kids.

But a large percentage of the population, gay and straight, seem to enjoy it. I would not worry too much about it if you are not one of the majority of Americans that has engaged in anal sex. It really doesn't affect you at all if others do.

Just make your own choices, and try to keep your fantasies about what others might be doing to a minimum.

I guarantee you will be happier that way.
Carol

Orem, UT

#1260 Jan 14, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike religious conservatives, however, we'll also teach them about condoms and safe sex. When age-appropriate, of course.
Number one , homosexuals can't reproduce, so what kids are you talking about...

Number two, you know full well that kids aren't listening now and many are getting pregnant from vaginal sex...

and since you're uninformed about anal sex.... A condom does not guarantee safe sex..

"Even if you wore a condom, E-Coli could be on the upper shaft of the penis or in your pubic hair."

Location hidden

#1261 Jan 14, 2013
the light has come wrote:
<quoted text>I had reminded you that we did not agree on this issue and i was not going to change to suit you. Twice I told you the same thing we do not agree. you do not agree with me but you think I should agree with you. I do not agree with you are your references. Is that plain enough. If you want to her the same message again, I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU! Just hit the reply.
You have no desire to learn anything from other posters?

Why bother, then?

Learning is really the only reason to come to threads where you have no personal experience or knowledge about the topics.

Trying to prove that you know more that people who DO have personal experience, or holding on to an irrational opinion just for stubbornness seems like a waste of time.

Location hidden

#1262 Jan 14, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Number one , homosexuals can't reproduce, so what kids are you talking about...
I hate to break it to you but gay folks are no more likely to be sterile than straight folks.

Something like 30% of gay couples are raising or have raised kids. Some biological, and some adopted.

At least get the facts straight.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#1263 Jan 14, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I will take that last comment to mean you misspoke. It's okay. We all do it when we respond quickly. No one expects you to stuff you answers under the pillow and edit them the next day.
What I posted I stand by it. I see your attempt to twist what I said. You either lack understanding or you just think you can bully people that do not agree with you.
Carol

Orem, UT

#1264 Jan 14, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know as long as person you have anal sex with has no disease you cant get any diseases right???
Or just wear condom and no one gets anything.....YOUR WELCOME THAT I EDUCATED YOU...
My wife and I have been married for 25 years....I have did her once in awhile up her ass for lonegr then that and neither of us have ever got any diseases...
You're were encouraging me to experience orgies but now you're monogamous...

and are you saying that people with diseases have a sign on their head....

Homosexuals are irresponsible in their push to teach young kids that anal sex is normal...

When anyone with sense knows that anal sex is abnormal and deadly...

ESO for kids being taught that irgies are a fact of life.

You all need to stop worrying about Christians as again Christians will be the least if you alls worries...

When you're not paying for all the dying people in quarantine......

You'll be fighting off the only other group that's protected in the media...

Radical islamics who hate homosexuals.
Carol

Orem, UT

#1265 Jan 14, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is "pushing it" to kids.
But a large percentage of the population, gay and straight, seem to enjoy it. I would not worry too much about it if you are not one of the majority of Americans that has engaged in anal sex. It really doesn't affect you at all if others do.
Just make your own choices, and try to keep your fantasies about what others might be doing to a minimum.
I guarantee you will be happier that way.
Sexual practices that affect public health is the concern of everyone...

Anal sex is definitely being pushed to the kids of heterosexuals ( because homosexuals can't reproduce) as just as normal as vaginal sex....

You're clearly uninformed as a large percentage of the new HIV/aids cases are affecting blk women...

Who are the unsuspecting victims of DL blk men...

who are engaging in anal sex ...then coming home and sticking that diseased mess into women.
sickofit

Hayfield, MN

#1266 Jan 14, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You're were encouraging me to experience orgies but now you're monogamous...
and are you saying that people with diseases have a sign on their head....
Homosexuals are irresponsible in their push to teach young kids that anal sex is normal...
When anyone with sense knows that anal sex is abnormal and deadly...
ESO for kids being taught that irgies are a fact of life.
You all need to stop worrying about Christians as again Christians will be the least if you alls worries...
When you're not paying for all the dying people in quarantine......
You'll be fighting off the only other group that's protected in the media...
Radical islamics who hate homosexuals.
I did not say monogamus....My wife and if have a group we party with...They all are tested and clean we have great time..no one gets sick....

Whew you ignorance is staggering////You reall should ahve listened in health class in school....Oh wait...You homeschooled or religous shcool??? If so then you didnt get told facts did you...SAD..

Anal sex is pefectly normal and fun..my wife likes it and so do many women and men I know...both giving and takeing....

MAYBE YOU SHOUDL TRY IT AND LOSSEN YOU UP A BIT...You sound like a prude missionairy style only to make babies type women...YUCK...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 min Frankie Rizzo 15,828
News Trump on Clinton: 'She is a bigot' 1 min Ginger 3
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Jay 239,323
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,418,064
News Why Hillary Clinton's shadiness won't be fatal 5 min Phyllis Schlafly ... 65
News Backlash for Trump after he lashes out at the M... 6 min too much 1,025
News Trump vows 'fair, but firm' approach to illegal... 7 min Wildchild 11
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 18 min positronium 7,582
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr freebird 393,245
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 3 hr TRUMP FAN 309
More from around the web