Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17556 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#1142 Jan 12, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>That's hysterical. You are so foolish, you think that civil unions will affect society differently than gay marriages. It's the same relationship with the same benefits and responsibilities. It's just "separate" (and not equal) for the purpose of assuaging the less intelligent who are threatened by it.

Come on, June! Let's end this.
In her panic over the unknown, what aisling is apparently unaware of, is that the very presence of civil unions is contributing to the demise of her precious "marriage."

Anywhere civil unions exist, STRAIGHT COUPLES are opting to forego their right to marriage and electing to enter into civil unions instead. Why? I don't know, but it means that the more oppressive marriage laws remain, the fewer and fewer couples will be marrying.

All the while, people like aisling will be kicking and crying about the "destruction of marriage", without even the slightest clue that it's her own attitude and intolerance that are destroying it.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#1143 Jan 12, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliantly put!
I quit responding to aisling when I realized that she's not here for discussion or discovery. She's simply here to lord what she believes to be her own superiority over the unfortunate have-nots that aren't as good as she is.
Fortunately for us, she's a dying breed that will become less and less relevant as the next few years go by. Then she'll either give up her arrogance and get some education, it end up alone and angry.
Either way, she loses, right?
Yes, she definitely loses.

I wonder if she has children. When THEY think she's a loser, maybe that will matter to her. Or...if one of them is gay.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#1144 Jan 12, 2013
the light has come wrote:
<quoted text>You should take time to read before posting. It is not my opinion There is over 30 states that have laws and constitutional amendments against SS marriages.
Temporarily.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#1145 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>I do not know of any four elections that went against me. You may think you know what is going to happen but you just guessing. Tomorrow is not written.
Let me give you some help: Maine, Maryland, Minnesota and Washington. If you still don't know what that means, then you really shouldn't be making comments on a board about the progress of marriage equality.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#1146 Jan 12, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant. You nailed it. Thank you!
Thanks! Every once in awhile I do a post without telling someone to piss off because they are stupid LOL.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#1147 Jan 12, 2013
sONE wrote:
<quoted text>Equality is FINE- but marriage is ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN. It is not a MAN and a MAN or a WOMAN and a WOMAN or numerous people of one or multiple genders who want to be a family.
And yet none of you have even one scrap of support for your position. You just keep repeating "man/woman" over and over....

Support? Reason?? Anything??

Fort Lauderdale FL

#1148 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>You have a crystal ball.
You don't need a crystal ball to see this.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#1149 Jan 12, 2013
sONE wrote:
<quoted text>Well, NAMBLA attaches themselves in support of gay organizations, so they must be hoping to ride your coat tails somehow, or why associate themselves with it?
How do you know anything about NAMBLA? Have you been Googling "sex with little boys" again?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#1150 Jan 12, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
In her panic over the unknown, what aisling is apparently unaware of, is that the very presence of civil unions is contributing to the demise of her precious "marriage."
Anywhere civil unions exist, STRAIGHT COUPLES are opting to forego their right to marriage and electing to enter into civil unions instead. Why? I don't know, but it means that the more oppressive marriage laws remain, the fewer and fewer couples will be marrying.
All the while, people like aisling will be kicking and crying about the "destruction of marriage", without even the slightest clue that it's her own attitude and intolerance that are destroying it.
bingo!

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#1151 Jan 12, 2013
aisling- wrote:
<quoted text>....Separate is not a bad thing unless they let it be.
That's real easy to say when you're not the one being denied equal protection under the law, isn't it?

How many times do you have to be reminded that "separate but equal isn't equal" before it starts to make an impression in you?

And STILL you cannot give one shred of support for your demand that gay couples be shut out of civil marriage. None at all.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#1152 Jan 12, 2013
Samatha wrote:
Ten years ago, the notion of same-sex marriage was scarcely even discussed, let alone performed. So the absence of a body of evidence is a red herring. In the case of polygamy, however, we have thousands of years of history to examine.
It is amazing how quickly the same-sex marriage advocates have been able to rally support from the media, the cultural establishment, the government elite and the judiciary for a radical social experiment that challenges the fundamental building block of human civilization – the family.
They’ve done this by inaccurately portraying themselves as victims of discrimination. They are no more victims of discrimination than any other radicals who believe forcibly remaking society in their own image is their inalienable right.
Not too long ago in lots of states
there were laws against blacks and whites
marrying each other. Anti-miscegenation laws.
Fifteen Southern states had the laws until
But, those laws were repealed and the
world did not come to an end.
Gay marriage will go the same route.
In a democracy, the majority cannot deny
equal rights to a minority.
Period!
The question is: How much do the
fanatics hate democracy?

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#1153 Jan 12, 2013
aisling- wrote:
<quoted text>No one is denying anyone equal treatment. Re-defining marriage which is the union between one man and one woman is not equality it is changing it to make it fit your definition of what you consider to be equal.

And yes, two things which are separate can be equal. Just because something is different it doesn't mean that it's any less equal but just that it's different. Two things can be equal but separate within their own right. What I'm seeing is that the more "equality" is thrown around, the more divided people are becoming.
You're delusional.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1154 Jan 13, 2013
sONE wrote:
<quoted text>
How much can really be held up in this nation as an absolute moral anymore without someone arguing that all is "relative", blah, blah, blah.
Don't conflate "cultural relativism" with "moral relativism". They are not the same.

“Headline already in use”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#1155 Jan 13, 2013
Several hundred thousand due in Paris to protest gay marriage

(Reuters)- Several hundred thousand people are expected to march through Paris on Sunday against the planned legalization of same-sex marriage in the first mass protest against the unpopular President Francois Hollande.
Strongly backed by the Catholic hierarchy, lay activists have mobilized a hybrid coalition of church-going families, political conservatives, Muslims, evangelicals and even homosexuals opposed to gay marriage for the show of force.

So many are expected to converge on Paris from around France that police had organizers split it into three separate columns starting from different points around the city and meeting in the Champ de Mars park at the Eiffel Tower.

Frigide Barjot, an eccentric comedian leading the so-called "Demo for All," insists the protest is pro-marriage rather than anti-gay and has banned all but its approved banners saying a child needs a father and a mother to develop properly.

"We're all born of a man and a woman, but the law will say the opposite tomorrow," she said last week. "It will say a child is born of a man and a man."...
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/12/us-...

Home, sweet home.

#1156 Jan 13, 2013
What I find interesting in the article cited above, many French homosexuals oppose same sex marriage.

http://www.homovox.com/
http://instinctmagazine.com/blogs/blog/nom-s-...
http://www.salon.com/2011/06/28/gay_marriage_...

Home, sweet home.

#1157 Jan 13, 2013
http://nogaymarriage.wordpress.com/

Same sex marriage is bad because it creates a new standard of gender segregation in marriage. Traditionally, marriage has always been gender diverse, marriage as one man and one woman is gender integration. We've all seen the reality of the harm caused by segregation, separatism and apartheid; we don't want to bring that evil to America's marriage institution.

If you love harmony and hate disunion; keep marriage one man and one woman.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#1158 Jan 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me when same sex is LEGAL in all 50 states what will you nazi creeps do???????? MOVE TO IRAN...JOIN PEOPLE LIKE YOU?????
I am sure when it do not happen, I never hear from you again.Should i find a name to call you. No! I just consider the source.
sickofit

Austin, MN

#1159 Jan 13, 2013
<quoted text>I am sure when it do not happen, I never hear from you again.Should i find a name to call you. No! I just consider the source.
Really????????? IT WILL BE LEAGL IN ALL 50 STATES....Already is in like what 10 states?? yea you anzi fascist are losing yoru choke hold on freedom and equality...DIE PIG.
1 post removed

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#1161 Jan 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Several hundred thousand due in Paris to protest gay marriage
Yes, irrational bigotry exists in many countries, but since when do you seek to follow France's lead in ANYTHING?

They have a much higher tax rate than we do, and a great many more social programs. Do you wish to follow their lead in this as well?
the light has come

Danville, IL

#1160 Jan 13, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me give you some help: Maine, Maryland, Minnesota and Washington. If you still don't know what that means, then you really shouldn't be making comments on a board about the progress of marriage equality.
I am sure if you controlled this board, the only ones on here would be the ones who agree with you. if you do not want to hear others opinion, you should not even be on this site. Apparently you shoot off your mouth before you think. there was no four elections but one election where people voted for the president and state issues in their state. Minnesota was voting not to amend their constitution to add no gay marriage. They already have a law against gay marriage. the other states are the only ones who have approve of gay marriage by popular vote. the other states that approved of gay marriage was done through their legislators. accept for those three states every state that the people voted to change their constitution passed. All the southern states have constitutional amendments that only marriage is between a man and woman. I can tell what is a fact today. To dispute with me over these facts will not make no sense. Anyone can talk about what they think will happen. I would not jump out and say what people will do or not do. Politicians tell you one thing and promise you the world until they get in office. Then they find they can not fulfill their promises. Some do the opposite of what they say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Frankendrumpf 239,572
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Dogen 205,087
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,419,357
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Jacques in Orlean... 222,611
News Warning of 'war' on farmers, Trump seeks suppor... 5 min gwww 13
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 5 min Singledad 7,860
News Colombian peace deal could mark rare victory fo... 24 min Go Blue Forever 1
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 54
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 hr Yeah 393,301
More from around the web