Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17555 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

Some Never Came Home

Toronto, Canada

#6389 Jul 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Again, the jury didn't seem to buy the story, George "pick[ed} fights", I think they saw him more as a neighborhood watchman. Certainly, you have the right to protect your property and watching intruders isn't the same thing as picking a fight.
The jury seemed to believe Tray was the aggressor, based on the physical evidence. George's head was bashed against the street but Tray only had two wounds, bruised knuckles and a bullet hole.
But the bottom line remains as well as the fact that the police instructed him to cease and desist and NOT to follow him! Travon was going to visit his father and had every right to be there! Zimmerman should have taken the orders he was given and no one loses their life! You really don't know what exactly happened,Zimmerman could have gone up to him with his gun pointed at Travon and he simply felt he had to defend himself! Get off your high horse and try again bigot!
Some Never Came Home

Toronto, Canada

#6390 Jul 23, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Again.....the jury found him NOT GUILTY......they didn't find him innocent!!!
And what does this have to do with Gays and Lesbians getting married?
That's our brian! Good OL bumper sticker brian! I have to admit though he comes up with some interesting one's but to bad they are all ridiculous! He forgot to get in line when they were handing out common sense it seems!

“I'm Hillary's Deplorable”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#6391 Jul 23, 2013
Some Never Came Home wrote:
But the bottom line remains as well as the fact that the police instructed him to cease and desist and NOT to follow him! Travon was going to visit his father and had every right to be there! Zimmerman should have taken the orders he was given and no one loses their life! You really don't know what exactly happened,Zimmerman could have gone up to him with his gun pointed at Travon and he simply felt he had to defend himself! Get off your high horse and try again bigot!
The bottom line, Tray got in a fist fight and George got in a gun fight; George won. The police instructions are meaningless, you have the right to watch your neighborhood. I recommend you carry a gun like George, so you don't get beat to death.

“I'm Hillary's Deplorable”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#6392 Jul 23, 2013
The same people who call George a racist are promoting same sex marriage. They do it the same way too, defaming political oppoenents.
1 post removed

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#6394 Jul 23, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Again.....the jury found him NOT GUILTY......they didn't find him innocent!!!
And what does this have to do with Gays and Lesbians getting married?
Nothing to do with gays and lesbians. It has everything to do with Brian shouting out his stupidity for all to hear.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#6395 Jul 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The bottom line, Tray got in a fist fight and George got in a gun fight; George won. The police instructions are meaningless, you have the right to watch your neighborhood. I recommend you carry a gun like George, so you don't get beat to death.
Good boy, Brian! You're following the script laid out by the gun manufacturers: more half-cocked George Zimmermans shooting their guns at innocent youths will cause more innocent youths to want guns to protect themselves. Of course, everyone will stand their ground until no one is left standing. Then Everyone else will hear about gun fights in the streets and need their own firearms to protect themselves. The more people who own guns, the more shootings. The more shootings, the more people need guns to protect themselves.

If you, like Brian, have neither common sense nor morals, buy stock in gun manufacturers instead of a gun. Hen huddle in your house while you watch the carnage on the TV news and your profits rise.
Some Never Came Home

Toronto, Canada

#6396 Jul 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The bottom line, Tray got in a fist fight and George got in a gun fight; George won. The police instructions are meaningless, you have the right to watch your neighborhood. I recommend you carry a gun like George, so you don't get beat to death.
Sorry,I already carry a gun and have as a cop for 35 years! Zimmerman should have listened to the instructions from the cops and as I stated previously no one would have died! He stalked the kid and then shot him! Again stupid,you weren't there and don't have a clue as to what actually took place! Who knows maybe I'll see you walking somewhere minding your own business and I'll maybe stalk you and murder you,you know stand your own ground? That law in fact needs to be repealed! It's one thing to defend your own home but it's another to stalk someone because you're suspicious and then not expect what could happen! Travon had every right to be where he was! In most states Zimmerman is in prison for decades,where he should be now! Sorry but I've got a little more experience in these matters and you are a rank amateur!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#6397 Jul 23, 2013
Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
That's our brian! Good OL bumper sticker brian! I have to admit though he comes up with some interesting one's but to bad they are all ridiculous! He forgot to get in line when they were handing out common sense it seems!
I would tend to agree with ya......either he has some outrageous claim regarding marriage or it's something else to deter from the marriage debate.....which is also irrelevant because no matter Brian believes......the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples will continue!!!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#6398 Jul 23, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to do with gays and lesbians. It has everything to do with Brian shouting out his stupidity for all to hear.
Exactly.......and by the way, your other post is brilliant as well........if ya can't beat'em.....then just join them mindlessly!!!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#6399 Jul 23, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I would tend to agree with ya......either he has some outrageous claim regarding marriage or it's something else to deter from the marriage debate.....which is also irrelevant because no matter Brian believes......the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples will continue!!!
Should read no matter WHAT Brian believes...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6400 Jul 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The bottom line, Tray got in a fist fight and George got in a gun fight; George won. The police instructions are meaningless, you have the right to watch your neighborhood. I recommend you carry a gun like George, so you don't get beat to death.
1. Zimmerman lived elsewhere. So he could not have been defending his neighborhood.

2. Zimmerman had no authority to stalk people for any reason what-so ever. He was not hired by anyone in the neighborhood to do so.

3. Zimmerman stalked Trayvon who stood his ground. If not for Zimmerman's previous actions, none of this would have taken place.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6401 Jul 23, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I would tend to agree with ya......either he has some outrageous claim regarding marriage or it's something else to deter from the marriage debate.....which is also irrelevant because no matter Brian believes......the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples will continue!!!
There's no "couple's right" to marry. It's an individual right. The right to marry, is the right to enter into a legally recognized relationship. In thirty plus states that relationship is defined as the union of husband and wife.
2 posts removed

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#6404 Jul 23, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>so since she would decline to contract for any ss wedding reception how is that a violation of "equal protection"?
It's not. It is a violation of the state anti-discrimination law. If you weren't an idiot, you would have caught that.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Again, the jury didn't seem to buy the story, George "pick[ed} fights", I think they saw him more as a neighborhood watchman. Certainly, you have the right to protect your property and watching intruders isn't the same thing as picking a fight.
The jury seemed to believe Tray was the aggressor, based on the physical evidence. George's head was bashed against the street but Tray only had two wounds, bruised knuckles and a bullet hole.
Do try to quit being such a bigoted, off topic, clueless twit.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#6405 Jul 23, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one stupid Queer.
Replace the first two words with "I am", and delete the last word (on second thought, maybe not) and you are spot on.
1 post removed

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#6407 Jul 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no "couple's right" to marry. It's an individual right. The right to marry, is the right to enter into a legally recognized relationship. In thirty plus states that relationship is defined as the union of husband and wife.
So, an INDIVIDUAL Gay man should have the right to marry another INDIVIDUAL Gay man of his choosing.....is that better for ya, Pete?

Well, it may be that way now......it might not be that way over the next couple of years:-)

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#6408 Jul 23, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
What's up AssTroll, you pathetic piece of Sh!t. Had your daily d!ck up your a:ss this morning?
You're so curious about everyone's sex practices! Why not just TRY it already and get it out of your system? No one even needs to know.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#6409 Jul 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That's just defamation; can't you do better than calling political opponents, "stupid people"?
OK. How about willful liars? You do know that NOM spreads known lies, don't you?
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#6410 Jul 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no "couple's right" to marry. It's an individual right. The right to marry, is the right to enter into a legally recognized relationship. In thirty plus states that relationship is defined as the union of husband and wife.
...soon to be overturned....

Continue your whining.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#6411 Jul 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The bottom line, Tray got in a fist fight and George got in a gun fight; George won. The police instructions are meaningless, you have the right to watch your neighborhood. I recommend you carry a gun like George, so you don't get beat to death.
I don't remember hearing the NRA telling black teenagers to arm themselves against neighborhood goofballs.

P.S. Tray's father LIVED IN THAT GATED COMMUNITY.
Pietro Armando

Canton, MA

#6412 Jul 23, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
So, an INDIVIDUAL Gay man should have the right to marry another INDIVIDUAL Gay man of his choosing.....is that better for ya, Pete?
Let's not forget the lesbians!:)

The point is in order to legally marry, marriage must first be legally defined. An individual enters into the relationship legally recognized by law. Thus in 30 plus states, to marry, means to enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife.
Well, it may be that way now......it might not be that way over the next couple of years:-)
Perhaps not.....perhaps over the course of the next decade or two, marriage as we know it, may cease to exist. Where is the line drawn again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 min deplorable spud 10,540
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Teaman 1,433,624
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min valerie 395,975
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min HILLARY 2016 244,200
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Dogen 210,010
News Objectionable posts from GOP Senate hopeful's s... 5 min Pope Ben Out To P... 46
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min America first 225,456
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 17 min DP Cassie 253
More from around the web