Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

Jan 7, 2013 Full story: NBC Chicago 17,567

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Full Story

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#6381 Jul 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not! She'd be kicked out of the she woman man haters club!:)

A gay man who marries a woman, fathers children with her, and states he's happily married. Sounds like a success story.
Who says Lesbians hate men? I know plenty of women who are Lesbians and have no issues with the opposite-sex.....they just aren't interested in them sexually!!!

Like I said, if Josh Weeds is happy....good for him.....but he's not the poster child for how to be straight.......he might be bisexual or questioning who he is, but seeing as he has NEVER been with a man, it's a great publicity grabber!!!
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#6382 Jul 22, 2013
A royal baby boy is born to the Dutchess of Cambridgre. I wonder if he was wrapped in blue, or the Union Jack?
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#6383 Jul 22, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says Lesbians hate men? I know plenty of women who are Lesbians and have no issues with the opposite-sex.....they just aren't interested in them sexually!!!
Relax NorCal....just a joke....although there has to be a few who hate men.
Like I said, if Josh Weeds is happy....good for him.....but he's not the poster child for how to be straight......
But he not straight...nor I think does he consider himself a poster child.
.he might be bisexual
He has sex twice a year?
or questioning who he is, but seeing as he has NEVER been with a man,
Does that negate his orientation?
1 post removed

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#6385 Jul 22, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
i've wondered since the verdict....what would a gun totin' he-man had done in martin's place?
whirled around & shot zimmerman without asking him anything?
Suppose two guys both pulled guns at the same time, but one flinched and killed the other. Then what? They were both standing their ground right?

Santa Cruz, CA

#6386 Jul 22, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying, It's the parents fault. If they hadn't taken their child to school that day, they wouldn't have died cause of the tornado in Oklahoma. Cause and effect. Everything you do causes something else to happen, sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Zimmerman should have turned back when the 911 operator told him to, but he didn't. Martin shouldn't have hid in the shadows to confront Zimmerman and kick his a:ss, but he did. Zimmerman was part of the neighborhood watch program. There has been a rash of breakins in the neighborhood, which no one had been caught. He was watching to see where Martin was going. He had no way of knowing if he was someone looking to break in or not. If Martin would have keep walking, he would be alive today.
Get outta town with that silly straw man argument. One is an act of God, the other is an intentional tort. Go take a law class. That neighborhood watch business is total crap. Zimmerman did not live in the neighborhood. Do your homework.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#6387 Jul 23, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
Better idea: Teach those little thugs of yours not to pick fights with people they can't beat. Then they won't have to shoot their way out of the mess they got themselves into.
Again, the jury didn't seem to buy the story, George "pick[ed} fights", I think they saw him more as a neighborhood watchman. Certainly, you have the right to protect your property and watching intruders isn't the same thing as picking a fight.

The jury seemed to believe Tray was the aggressor, based on the physical evidence. George's head was bashed against the street but Tray only had two wounds, bruised knuckles and a bullet hole.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#6388 Jul 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Again.....the jury found him NOT GUILTY......they didn't find him innocent!!!

And what does this have to do with Gays and Lesbians getting married?
Some Never Came Home

Toronto, Canada

#6389 Jul 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Again, the jury didn't seem to buy the story, George "pick[ed} fights", I think they saw him more as a neighborhood watchman. Certainly, you have the right to protect your property and watching intruders isn't the same thing as picking a fight.
The jury seemed to believe Tray was the aggressor, based on the physical evidence. George's head was bashed against the street but Tray only had two wounds, bruised knuckles and a bullet hole.
But the bottom line remains as well as the fact that the police instructed him to cease and desist and NOT to follow him! Travon was going to visit his father and had every right to be there! Zimmerman should have taken the orders he was given and no one loses their life! You really don't know what exactly happened,Zimmerman could have gone up to him with his gun pointed at Travon and he simply felt he had to defend himself! Get off your high horse and try again bigot!
Some Never Came Home

Toronto, Canada

#6390 Jul 23, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
That's our brian! Good OL bumper sticker brian! I have to admit though he comes up with some interesting one's but to bad they are all ridiculous! He forgot to get in line when they were handing out common sense it seems!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#6391 Jul 23, 2013
Some Never Came Home wrote:
But the bottom line remains as well as the fact that the police instructed him to cease and desist and NOT to follow him! Travon was going to visit his father and had every right to be there! Zimmerman should have taken the orders he was given and no one loses their life! You really don't know what exactly happened,Zimmerman could have gone up to him with his gun pointed at Travon and he simply felt he had to defend himself! Get off your high horse and try again bigot!
The bottom line, Tray got in a fist fight and George got in a gun fight; George won. The police instructions are meaningless, you have the right to watch your neighborhood. I recommend you carry a gun like George, so you don't get beat to death.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#6392 Jul 23, 2013
The same people who call George a racist are promoting same sex marriage. They do it the same way too, defaming political oppoenents.
1 post removed

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#6394 Jul 23, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to do with gays and lesbians. It has everything to do with Brian shouting out his stupidity for all to hear.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#6395 Jul 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The bottom line, Tray got in a fist fight and George got in a gun fight; George won. The police instructions are meaningless, you have the right to watch your neighborhood. I recommend you carry a gun like George, so you don't get beat to death.
Good boy, Brian! You're following the script laid out by the gun manufacturers: more half-cocked George Zimmermans shooting their guns at innocent youths will cause more innocent youths to want guns to protect themselves. Of course, everyone will stand their ground until no one is left standing. Then Everyone else will hear about gun fights in the streets and need their own firearms to protect themselves. The more people who own guns, the more shootings. The more shootings, the more people need guns to protect themselves.

If you, like Brian, have neither common sense nor morals, buy stock in gun manufacturers instead of a gun. Hen huddle in your house while you watch the carnage on the TV news and your profits rise.
Some Never Came Home

Toronto, Canada

#6396 Jul 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The bottom line, Tray got in a fist fight and George got in a gun fight; George won. The police instructions are meaningless, you have the right to watch your neighborhood. I recommend you carry a gun like George, so you don't get beat to death.
Sorry,I already carry a gun and have as a cop for 35 years! Zimmerman should have listened to the instructions from the cops and as I stated previously no one would have died! He stalked the kid and then shot him! Again stupid,you weren't there and don't have a clue as to what actually took place! Who knows maybe I'll see you walking somewhere minding your own business and I'll maybe stalk you and murder you,you know stand your own ground? That law in fact needs to be repealed! It's one thing to defend your own home but it's another to stalk someone because you're suspicious and then not expect what could happen! Travon had every right to be where he was! In most states Zimmerman is in prison for decades,where he should be now! Sorry but I've got a little more experience in these matters and you are a rank amateur!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#6397 Jul 23, 2013
Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
That's our brian! Good OL bumper sticker brian! I have to admit though he comes up with some interesting one's but to bad they are all ridiculous! He forgot to get in line when they were handing out common sense it seems!
I would tend to agree with ya......either he has some outrageous claim regarding marriage or it's something else to deter from the marriage debate.....which is also irrelevant because no matter Brian believes......the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples will continue!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#6398 Jul 23, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to do with gays and lesbians. It has everything to do with Brian shouting out his stupidity for all to hear.
Exactly.......and by the way, your other post is brilliant as well........if ya can't beat'em.....then just join them mindlessly!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#6399 Jul 23, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I would tend to agree with ya......either he has some outrageous claim regarding marriage or it's something else to deter from the marriage debate.....which is also irrelevant because no matter Brian believes......the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples will continue!!!
Should read no matter WHAT Brian believes...

Santa Cruz, CA

#6400 Jul 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
1. Zimmerman lived elsewhere. So he could not have been defending his neighborhood.

2. Zimmerman had no authority to stalk people for any reason what-so ever. He was not hired by anyone in the neighborhood to do so.

3. Zimmerman stalked Trayvon who stood his ground. If not for Zimmerman's previous actions, none of this would have taken place.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6401 Jul 23, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no "couple's right" to marry. It's an individual right. The right to marry, is the right to enter into a legally recognized relationship. In thirty plus states that relationship is defined as the union of husband and wife.
2 posts removed

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#6404 Jul 23, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>so since she would decline to contract for any ss wedding reception how is that a violation of "equal protection"?
It's not. It is a violation of the state anti-discrimination law. If you weren't an idiot, you would have caught that.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Again, the jury didn't seem to buy the story, George "pick[ed} fights", I think they saw him more as a neighborhood watchman. Certainly, you have the right to protect your property and watching intruders isn't the same thing as picking a fight.
Do try to quit being such a bigoted, off topic, clueless twit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min JM_Brazil 132,236
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 3 min barefoot2626 1,088
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nuculur option 1,153,606
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 5 min Your Ex 49
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Cheech the Conser... 293,333
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min jacques Ottawau 181,784
The Senate's back-channel in Cuba deal 6 min Eleanor 6
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 10 min Uncle Sam 2,346
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 10 min positronium 311
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 55 min GOP-FOX-y-Fiends 81
More from around the web