Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash...

Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes

There are 17552 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Marriage Passes. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

Leaders of several Chicago-area African American churches on Monday urged state lawmakers to vote against pending legislation that would allow same-sex marriage in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#327 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you for real...this country has freedom of religion...you can believe or not believe...
Laws against sodomy are not religious laws.
Actually, laws against sodomy are absolutely religious laws. Where do you think the term sodomy comes from?(that's an easy one, you should know the answer!!).

And, yes, we DO have freedom of religion. So why are you so hell-bent on forcing YOURS onto everyone else?!?!?!

Freedom OF Religion also means Freedom FROM Religion. That means that part of MY Freedom of Religion means that I am PROTECTED from having YOUR religious beliefs forced onto me.

So unless you can start supplying us with non-religious based support for your claims, we're just going to continue to treat you like the idiot you're making yourself out to be.
Carol

Orem, UT

#328 Jan 10, 2013
Qwerty26 wrote:
Holy moley, who is this idiot Carol? Never have I seen so many blatant falacies spouted by one single person.
I have to stop scanning this post before his/her idiocy melts my brain.
Frightening world we live in now...

To say that bits imperative that freedom of religion and speech are protected is a fallacy?!!!

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#329 Jan 10, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals have a delusion of normalcy.
Once again:

LOL!!! Support?? Sources??? Examples???
Or are you just free-associating your own delusions?

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#330 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
My relative lived in peace around her Christian family openly homosexual...
and no one tried to force her to do anything...as she was an adult and it was her business not mine/ours.
Well good for them. You should treat everyone else like you claim you treated your relative, huh?

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#331 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Its better that you admit that you're a childish bigot and bow out of debates you continue to lose than to continue to throw temper tantrums...
We've established the fact that you hate for children to have a father and mother....
That you're delusional, as you speak of homosexual couples raising children...
WHAT CHILDREN?!!!!! Homosexuals are an unnatural pairing and can't reproduce.
I've never said that heterosexuals weren't promiscuous...
I've never denied the existence of homosexuals, I have relatives who are homosexuals, I wrote a very loving positive message in one of my favorite relatives obituary , this person was a homosexual for 20 years.
Everyone knows that the anal cavity is meant for waste material to exit the body ...
Not meant for penises... Which is why sodomy was a crime up until recently...in most places and still is a crime in many...
Because of the diseases and super bugs its creating.
Ok, you are not a rational person. Go be a lunatic in your own little world and I'll leave you to it. You don't deserve my efforts here. Just another topix troll who refuses information, education, truth, etc.

No further responses will be given, even after you revert to your playground declarations of "victory," etc. We all know you blew it.

Next.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#332 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is forcing religion on you?!!!!
Be thankful that the Muslims haven't overtaken Christians in the USA yet...
Then you'd really have something to complain about...
Instead of whining because Christians want mommy and daddy protected.
"Protected" from WHAT???? What is threatening to harm "mommy and daddy"??? What are you so terrified of happening that isn't ALREADY happening completely unrelated to gay couples legally marrying??
sickofit

Austin, MN

#333 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
My niece was openly a homosexual and she remained my favorite niece...
I kissed and hugged her even after she acquired a disease that took her life last year....
I see people trying to protect father mother families....
Not push religion on homosexuals.....
I would put my life at risk to try to stop someone from beating or harming a person just because they were homosexual.
Yet you willa dn would vote to keep away or take away same sex peoples rights and freedom...YOU MIGHT AS WELL SHOOT THEM OR HIT THEM WITH A BASEBALL BAT........
the light has come

Danville, IL

#334 Jan 10, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh great, another third grader.
No, the point of hitting the reply button is to let you know your opinion doesn't matter. Only the law matters. We don't need to change your opinion, only the law.
Get it now?
Or do I need to type more s l o w l y for you?
If my post was not of interest, you would have pass by but my post interest you to come to dispute me that is why you hit the reply. Yes I agree the law matters. But there are those who do not believe in the law when it is not in their favor.
Black momma

Temecula, CA

#335 Jan 10, 2013
These so called pimps on the pulpit are unreal to me you have people laid out on the street babies in tents sleeping in the cold the smell of urine all over every step I have taken a tour with my kids one day to show them empathy not to get caught up in society lust for gold and glamour. Let me tell everyone I have died and come back had a brain tumor went to heaven and hell to be Christ like is unreal feeling I was not ready for it to have everything explain and every being we are a part of that structure so worrying about gays getting married GOD loves us all regardless of what our habits have become look at this sinful world to be perfect without flaw we have to love and love and live around lawless judgemental people. If you notice blacks and whites judge more than any other race and claim to be close to god we have more and we have less in our spirits worrying about gay marriages. Marriage is tracking system for taxes that is all. Do you hear anything rev James Cleveland,rev Eddie long,all the catholic minister molesting our children and we all worried about gays getting married we need to check out these booty warriors
Carol

Orem, UT

#336 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, laws against sodomy are absolutely religious laws. Where do you think the term sodomy comes from?(that's an easy one, you should know the answer!!).
And, yes, we DO have freedom of religion. So why are you so hell-bent on forcing YOURS onto everyone else?!?!?!
Freedom OF Religion also means Freedom FROM Religion. That means that part of MY Freedom of Religion means that I am PROTECTED from having YOUR religious beliefs forced onto me.
So unless you can start supplying us with non-religious based support for your claims, we're just going to continue to treat you like the idiot you're making yourself out to be.
I thought the bible was a myth, anyway...

The argument I offered is secular...

Protection of the traditional family.

Imperative that freedom of speech and religion remain protected

Sodomy was illegal because of the diseases associated with it not because of the biblical story from which it derived its name...

While you're playing mind games...

bisexual men in the blk community are giving unsuspecting blk women HIV/aids at unacceptable levels...

This is due to them having anal sex with men then having sex with their girlfriends , wives.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#337 Jan 10, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the government is supposed to be secular, but the homosexuals attemp to take it one step further. They attempt to make society secular. Since the vast majority of the citizens of this country are religious, the homosexual attacks on religion exposes their destructive agenda.
..which makes no sense since most gay people belong to one religion or another.

(Here's where he claims they aren't real religions, and is corrected because government recognizes all religions equally, and then he tries to say it's really a Christian nation, and is corrected again, and informed there are millions of gay Christians, and he tries to discredit them, and blah blah blah...)

next.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#338 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it astounding the number of idiots out there that cling to a culture that condemns gay people and forces them to enter into "straight" marriages in order to conform, and THEN bitches up a storm when those very same people, the ones that SHOULD be in gay relationships, are sneaking around on their spouse that they should never have got married to in the first place???
I guess like so many in the world today, they'd rather create a problem and bitch about it than simply not create the problem in the first place....
We're surrounded by idiots, you know....
Agreed! They encourage the environment that pushes them underground, then lambaste them for being underground (and they don't even know what "lambaste" means LOL.)

Legal recognition of gay marriage speeds up the process that has already begun and cuts down on the following occurrences:

Fake marriages with heterosexuals (which harm the heterosexual partner and/or potential children)

cheating ("down low" or otherwise)

spreading of sexually transmitted diseases

single people relying on the state for more aid as they get old/sick, rather than relying on their spouse

suicides

closeted ranting against homosexuals on internet message boards

and lots more.
Carol

Orem, UT

#339 Jan 10, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you willa dn would vote to keep away or take away same sex peoples rights and freedom...YOU MIGHT AS WELL SHOOT THEM OR HIT THEM WITH A BASEBALL BAT........
Again I would put my life at risk to try to stop someone from beating or harming a human being because they were homosexual.

I teach my kids not to say terms that are derogatory to homosexuals, like the f word...

I teach my kids to love homosexuals not hate or judge them...

Those living the homosexual lifestyle around me are treated like anyone else...

I'm generous, I love people, I'd give them a birthday gift, a Christmas gift, I congratulate them on a promotion... As I do my homosexual relatives.

and I wouldn't try to force feed them my faith...as my faith is valuable to me....

It's not something that you have to force feed to anyone...

They either believe or they don't .
Carol

Orem, UT

#340 Jan 10, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you are not a rational person. Go be a lunatic in your own little world and I'll leave you to it. You don't deserve my efforts here. Just another topix troll who refuses information, education, truth, etc.
No further responses will be given, even after you revert to your playground declarations of "victory," etc. We all know you blew it.
Next.
Victory?! I'm not seeking any victory and its sad that you think this is about competition.

If you wanted to win...OK you won.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#341 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
Imperative that freedom of speech and religion remain protected
Don't religions that wish to marry same-sex couples deserve to have their freedoms protected?
Sodomy was illegal because of the diseases associated with it not because of the biblical story from which it derived its name...
Actually, it's probably more about the use of rape to punish, demoralize, and embarrass one's enemies. Raping males and females for these purposes remains common today in the Middle East. The Jews were probably rising above their arab neighbors.
While you're playing mind games...
bisexual men in the blk community are giving unsuspecting blk women HIV/aids at unacceptable levels
This is due to them having anal sex with men then having sex with their girlfriends , wives.
So let gay black men marry each other. Problem solved.
Carol

Orem, UT

#342 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
"Protected" from WHAT???? What is threatening to harm "mommy and daddy"??? What are you so terrified of happening that isn't ALREADY happening completely unrelated to gay couples legally marrying??
Whenever anyone mentions the father/mother model as the traditional, historical family model ...

They're called a bigot.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#343 Jan 10, 2013
Dan Salazar wrote:
<quoted text>
This conversation is dumb. The Dem Party would have never run Obama the first time if they weren't spiritually bankrupt.
Gay Marriage is here whether you like it or not. It doesn't hurt any one and is the least of our worries as we transition from America into obama's orwellian Big Brother joke of a Country. Every America is going to need their loved ones close by as we endure the transition.
All of you predicting the apocalypse are creating it. You are the ones who have gone off the deep end. Obama is a smart man who is trying to do the right thing, handcuffed by whackos who would rather self-destruct than lose.

It's only a nightmare scenario if you want it to be.
sickofit

Austin, MN

#344 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I would put my life at risk to try to stop someone from beating or harming a human being because they were homosexual.
I teach my kids not to say terms that are derogatory to homosexuals, like the f word...
I teach my kids to love homosexuals not hate or judge them...
Those living the homosexual lifestyle around me are treated like anyone else...
I'm generous, I love people, I'd give them a birthday gift, a Christmas gift, I congratulate them on a promotion... As I do my homosexual relatives.
and I wouldn't try to force feed them my faith...as my faith is valuable to me....
It's not something that you have to force feed to anyone...
They either believe or they don't .
ATTACKING CIVIL RIGHTS IS JUST LIKE SHOOTING SOMEONE........keep lying to yoruself but your vile evil UnConstitutional views are NASTY AND TREASONOUS..........MOVE TO IRAN YOU WILL FIT IN....HATE AND BIGOTRY FOR ALL THERE DREAM WORLD FOR YOU NAZI FASCIST CHRISTAINS...

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#345 Jan 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever anyone mentions the father/mother model as the traditional, historical family model ...
They're called a bigot.
All of us like the father/mother model. Many of us were raised in that environment. The bigotry comes in when you promote that family to the exclusion of all others.
Matt

Pekin, IL

#346 Jan 10, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the strongest anti-sodomy laws ever were in officially atheist, extreme left Communist countries.

Stalin tried to exterminate homosexuals. Fidel sent them to labor camps for generations. China tried to purge Beijing of homosexual haunts to clean up for the Olympics.

It's you homofascists who are trying to disenfranchise others in order to force your hate based agenda into law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min JCPete 1,549,676
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Drumpf Disaster 7,904
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Julia 274,960
News Stop calling almond, soy and rice milks 'milk,'... (Dec '16) 4 min AmPieJam UncleSam 15
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 9 min Sheriff Joe 529 1,277
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 10 min Born in the USA 81
News Democrats aim to blast Trump for favoring wealthy 12 min okimar 28
News Melania Trump keeps DC entry low key; Barron dr... 35 min CodeTalker 176
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 50 min bad bob 689
More from around the web