Video: What would an end to the "war on terror" look like?

May 24, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS News

Flash Points: President Obama declared that the war on terror, "like all wars, must end," during a speech on Thursday, and CBS News Senior National Security Analyst Juan Zarate talks with CBS News National Security Correspondent Bob Orr about what the president meant when he said that and why any adjustments in counterterrorism policy must reflect ... (more)

Comments
21 - 40 of 40 Comments Last updated May 27, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 25, 2013
 
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you study the history of what is happening in the middle east some more before opening your mouth.
you don't know worth shit.
just yesterday, I heard that we've got muslims from lebanon in syria aiding their muslim brothers there.
over in nigeria, we have muslims coming all the way from canada aiding their muslim brothers there.
over in thailand, we have muslims from the philippines going to the aid of their muslim brothers in southern thailand. my guess is.. there are probably muslims in malaysia and even indonesia involved.
how about when israel was invaded by 7 muslim nations at the time they declared their independence?
when abdul khan put together the nuclear bomb for pakistan, how do you think he got the parts together? with cooperation from other muslim countries like indonesia, and even little malaysia who made the centrifuges.
did you know cair in the usa a muslim group on a regular basis holds charity drives for money to be given to support the muslim terrorist groups in the middle east?
this bullshit has been going on for ages.
only an idiot (or a muslim) will say there is no connection.
this IS a muslim problem. and therefore it should be dealt with as such.
as for YOU. if you hold allegiance to mexico over that to the usa, you shouldn't be in the usa. PERIOD.
Yep.
Muslims are basically soldiers for hire.
Wherever theres a war,theres Muslims.
Lamer

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
May 25, 2013
 
The war on terror is just another endless war of America.

The war on poverty
The war on drugs
The war on terror

You cannot win wars on social issues and often limits the search for more effective approaches.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
May 25, 2013
 
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Then we got us a long wait since this so called religion of peace still behaves and conducts itself the same way they did in the 12th century.
Don't look like they'll be "evolving" any time soon.
People can always change their mind if you teach or educate them itís for the better not only for them but as a whole for a civilization.

It's simple, people need to stop telling other people what they can or cannot do by physical or coercive forces like religions and governments do by either condemning you to hell for eternity for not choosing to behave the way they book say so, or by throwing you in jail because you choose to exercise your ability to choose/choice by smoking some weed, being homosexual or wanting to marry three or four people who is all consenting.

This is where the education comes in. Just explain it to them in simplistic terms that you can't choose for other people because if you do it's okay for other people to choose for you and nobody want this.
Brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
May 25, 2013
 
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
People can always change their mind if you teach or educate them itís for the better not only for them but as a whole for a civilization.
It's simple, people need to stop telling other people what they can or cannot do by physical or coercive forces like religions and governments do by either condemning you to hell for eternity for not choosing to behave the way they book say so, or by throwing you in jail because you choose to exercise your ability to choose/choice by smoking some weed, being homosexual or wanting to marry three or four people who is all consenting.
This is where the education comes in. Just explain it to them in simplistic terms that you can't choose for other people because if you do it's okay for other people to choose for you and nobody want this.
6 out of 10 Muslims can't read in 2013.
For over a hundred years humanitarians have been met by death squads attempting to offer basic human rights in Muslim nations.
Either they can't or don't want to change.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
May 25, 2013
 
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
People can always change their mind if you teach or educate them itís for the better not only for them but as a whole for a civilization.
It's simple, people need to stop telling other people what they can or cannot do by physical or coercive forces like religions and governments do by either condemning you to hell for eternity for not choosing to behave the way they book say so, or by throwing you in jail because you choose to exercise your ability to choose/choice by smoking some weed, being homosexual or wanting to marry three or four people who is all consenting.
This is where the education comes in. Just explain it to them in simplistic terms that you can't choose for other people because if you do it's okay for other people to choose for you and nobody want this.
ok. let me get this right.

here we are... confronted with a religion - islam - which advocates murdering others over cartoons, movies, and books.

and you suggest we educate them so that they will become more civilized?

how are we going to do this?

set up a school? perhaps send them a computer so that they can follow some online course in civilization?

bro, the only thing that will work is PUNISHMENT. that is how we train animals. and let's be honest about this. ANYBODY who murders over cartoons, movies, and books are ANIMALS.

and should be dealt with as such.

so everybody has to stop telling everybody else not to do certain things? yeah. right. let's hear YOUR solution to the problem. that should be interesting to hear.
1 post removed
Brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
May 25, 2013
 
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
ok. let me get this right.
here we are... confronted with a religion - islam - which advocates murdering others over cartoons, movies, and books.
and you suggest we educate them so that they will become more civilized?
how are we going to do this?
set up a school? perhaps send them a computer so that they can follow some online course in civilization?
bro, the only thing that will work is PUNISHMENT. that is how we train animals. and let's be honest about this. ANYBODY who murders over cartoons, movies, and books are ANIMALS.
and should be dealt with as such.
so everybody has to stop telling everybody else not to do certain things? yeah. right. let's hear YOUR solution to the problem. that should be interesting to hear.
Kind of a hopeless cause when these people saw each others heads off for starting Ramadan on Saturday instead of Sunday.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
May 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

wE HAVE A RADICAL mUSLIM IMPLANT IN THE wHITE hOUSE. wHEN WE CLEAN HIM OUT THE HEALING CAN BEGIN.
impeach hussein now.........bENGHAZI
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
May 25, 2013
 
Lamer wrote:
The war on terror is just another endless war of America.
The war on poverty
The war on drugs
The war on terror
You cannot win wars on social issues and often limits the search for more effective approaches.
.
islam is not a social issue, it is a religion of intolerance to any non islam entity and they won't stop until all are under islam or we isolate or they cease to exist. So far the death toll from islam is surprisingly low body count for non islamics compared to them killing each other off. support to keep them killing each other is an advantage to the non islam world. obama wants to arm syrian rebels, heck he needs to send them some nukes to use before iran starts nuking every country around them
Brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
May 25, 2013
 
BandMaster wrote:
wE HAVE A RADICAL mUSLIM IMPLANT IN THE wHITE hOUSE. wHEN WE CLEAN HIM OUT THE HEALING CAN BEGIN.
impeach hussein now.........bENGHAZI
No way this Congress will ever allow the 1st black Prez to be impeached,or the 1st black AG.
They're afraid of the Rodney King effect.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
May 25, 2013
 
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
No way this Congress will ever allow the 1st black Prez to be impeached,or the 1st black AG.
They're afraid of the Rodney King effect.
if it is found that obama and holder are guilty of crimes and the blacks object to their getting impeached or forced out.. then, my guess is - there will never be another black president ever again.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
May 25, 2013
 
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
if it is found that obama and holder are guilty of crimes and the blacks object to their getting impeached or forced out.. then, my guess is - there will never be another black president ever again.
The tone of a departure, which is a pain I would not want for the country, would be up to Obama. If he reacted with an "I'm a victim" air, then all hell would break loose. If he departed with grace taking responsibility as being where the buck stops, then it could be weathered in most areas. Philly, Chicago, LA? Theres a history of looking for a reason to burn and pillage, so who knows.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
May 25, 2013
 
There can be no such thing as a ďwar on terror.Ē Saying that there is only creates and promotes a mythology of war, an illusion that can render only irrelevant discussion with unwarranted conclusions.

Again, there is no ďwar on terror.Ē Itís only an illusion ó a ďrumor of warĒ thatís problematic and completely unnecessary.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
May 25, 2013
 
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
ok. let me get this right.
here we are... confronted with a religion - islam - which advocates murdering others over cartoons, movies, and books.
and you suggest we educate them so that they will become more civilized?
Well of course you punish them but punishing the effect is not going to fix the cause of the problem and it all starts with education to fix the cause of human behavior to ensure the young and unborn generations are not taught itís okay to take away another human ability to choose.
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
how are we going to do this?
By compromising first and letting everyone know on the global scale that there is a universal law that is going to be in place that all governments of the world will up-hold called protecting humanity ability to choose. Anyone, groups or governments who infringes this law will be punished and depending on the degree of the crime the person who infringed it should be re-habilitated by teaching them why you should not take another human beings ability to choose away from them by coercive or physical force.

Let them know if they have the right to choose then so do everyone else.

Educate them about upholding equal rights and the importance of freedom to individuals.

Once again, we will do this by placing a Universal Law in place to protect humanity ability to choose on the global scale and thru NATO that all governments are to up-hold as a universal law by protecting humanity ability to choose on a global score.

Advertise this new universal law on the media and on the streets in all countries and individuals on a global scale.
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
set up a school? perhaps send them a computer so that they can follow some online course in civilization?
Violators or infringers of this new universal law must be educated in controlled environments.
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
bro, the only thing that will work is PUNISHMENT. that is how we train animals. and let's be honest about this. ANYBODY who murders over cartoons, movies, and books are ANIMALS.
and should be dealt with as such.
so everybody has to stop telling everybody else not to do certain things? yeah. right. let's hear YOUR solution to the problem. that should be interesting to hear.
The above what I mentioned is some and itís going to take petitions to the United States Government and to NATO to set up such a universal law and I already got this in place.

Universal Law Petitions

>>>> http://www.natureinforce.org/Solar-Energy--In...

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
May 25, 2013
 
Aprilvue wrote:
<quoted text>
The tone of a departure, which is a pain I would not want for the country, would be up to Obama. If he reacted with an "I'm a victim" air, then all hell would break loose. If he departed with grace taking responsibility as being where the buck stops, then it could be weathered in most areas. Philly, Chicago, LA? Theres a history of looking for a reason to burn and pillage, so who knows.
like I said. and I will repeat..

if obama is found guilty of crimes, and gets impeached and the blacks riot over it, then, my guess is - THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER BLACK PRESIDENT IN THE USA.

on a personal note.. I was taken by obama before his first term in office with all his promises of unity, and transparency. as it now stands, I will never vote for another black president.

you don't like it. TOUGH.

this guy has harmed our country so much, never again.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
May 25, 2013
 
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Well of course you punish them but punishing the effect is not going to fix the cause of the problem and it all starts with education to fix the cause of human behavior to ensure the young and unborn generations are not taught itís okay to take away another human ability to choose.
<quoted text>
By compromising first and letting everyone know on the global scale that there is a universal law that is going to be in place that all governments of the world will up-hold called protecting humanity ability to choose. Anyone, groups or governments who infringes this law will be punished and depending on the degree of the crime the person who infringed it should be re-habilitated by teaching them why you should not take another human beings ability to choose away from them by coercive or physical force.
Let them know if they have the right to choose then so do everyone else.
Educate them about upholding equal rights and the importance of freedom to individuals.
Once again, we will do this by placing a Universal Law in place to protect humanity ability to choose on the global scale and thru NATO that all governments are to up-hold as a universal law by protecting humanity ability to choose on a global score.
Advertise this new universal law on the media and on the streets in all countries and individuals on a global scale.
<quoted text>
Violators or infringers of this new universal law must be educated in controlled environments.
<quoted text>
The above what I mentioned is some and itís going to take petitions to the United States Government and to NATO to set up such a universal law and I already got this in place.
Universal Law Petitions
>>>> http://www.natureinforce.org/Solar-Energy--In...
sounds good on paper. but you fail to realize the reality of it all.

we are talking about billions of people here.

political solutions don't work. history is full of wars that confirm this.

currently, we are suppose to have all these free trade agreements so that everybody can trade more efficiently.

but what does everybody actually do? engage in protectionism.

so, we end up with this trade debt. before all the trade agreements, the usa was flying high. and with the free trade agreements, we were suppose to fly higher because we would be expanding our markets from 300 million to 6 BILLION.

did it happen? the answer is a big fat NO!

because everybody that we are trading with are engaging in rampant protectionism.

just by our copyrights alone, we should be flush in cash. but are we? you tell me.

duh.

the world trade organization says they are trying to enforce the agreements. but can they? the answer is another big fat NO.

reality.

history shows us that PUNISHMENT works. and I'll let you in on a secret... that is the route we will eventually be following anyway. no matter what you think.

the day of reckoning will happen when the first atom bomb from a muslim country explodes via a suicide bomber.

when that happens, we the non-muslim world will annihilate every muslim in the world and bar the practice of islam the world around. every koran will be burned.

just like what happened to nazi germany after world war 2.

mark my words. pilgrim.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
May 25, 2013
 
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds good on paper. but you fail to realize the reality of it all.
we are talking about billions of people here.
political solutions don't work. history is full of wars that confirm this.
currently, we are suppose to have all these free trade agreements so that everybody can trade more efficiently.
but what does everybody actually do? engage in protectionism.
so, we end up with this trade debt. before all the trade agreements, the usa was flying high. and with the free trade agreements, we were suppose to fly higher because we would be expanding our markets from 300 million to 6 BILLION.
did it happen? the answer is a big fat NO!
because everybody that we are trading with are engaging in rampant protectionism.
just by our copyrights alone, we should be flush in cash. but are we? you tell me.
duh.
the world trade organization says they are trying to enforce the agreements. but can they? the answer is another big fat NO.
reality.
history shows us that PUNISHMENT works. and I'll let you in on a secret... that is the route we will eventually be following anyway. no matter what you think.
the day of reckoning will happen when the first atom bomb from a muslim country explodes via a suicide bomber.
when that happens, we the non-muslim world will annihilate every muslim in the world and bar the practice of islam the world around. every koran will be burned.
just like what happened to nazi germany after world war 2.
mark my words. pilgrim.
Well you keep up-holding punishment without education to the problem and I will keep up-hold granting freedom to all on a global scale equally and to understand what freedom is it starts with education.

Punishing people as a nation that promotes controlling people when it comes to individual choices like the U.S. does do nothing but makes us look like hypocrites. We are a contradictory nation because we tell people what they can and can't do and then we call ourselves the land of the free. Of course if a government or individual tell you what you can or can't do it's only fair equally that you can do the same to it in whatever fashion you like!

If you are out for control then others are permitted to try and control you however they can. I am all about equality and I have to up-hold the notions above that I mentioned because that would be equality to both sides.

On the contrary, this is not the way one should promote equality, instead you promote equality with freedom to all on the universal scale with no exceptions and then use punishment to those who try and infringe another person ability to choose or freedom. That way the government want look contradictory because all governments would uphold the same cause and that is protecting all humans on planet earth ability to choose and/or freedom.

Punishing people without educating them the right way to behave is nothing but controlling people to behave the way you think they should behave and they have every right to be pissed off because who have the power or authority to make your choices for you doing your life time? NOBODY because nature nor GOD (whichever one you believe in) donít do this so why should a finite being try and go against the way nature or GOD works which is the cause you have the ability to choose/freedom in the first place.

How can humanity take away something that they did not give each and every individual human on planet earth called the ability to choose/freedom? YOU CANíT DO THIS AND THIS IS WHY THIS WORLD IS SO CRAZY BECAUSE WORLD GOVERNMENTS AND INDIVUDALS ARE TRYING TO DO THIS AS WE SPEAK!

This is what you get when you fight punishment with punishment. All youíre doing is justifying why a terrorist should scheme or blow up something up rather it be by bombs are suicide bomber.
Physical force does not govern humanity choices, information does and to get the right information out is what education is all about for global peace and the end or terrorism!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you keep up-holding punishment without education to the problem and I will keep up-hold granting freedom to all on a global scale equally and to understand what freedom is it starts with education.
Punishing people as a nation that promotes controlling people when it comes to individual choices like the U.S. does do nothing but makes us look like hypocrites. We are a contradictory nation because we tell people what they can and can't do and then we call ourselves the land of the free. Of course if a government or individual tell you what you can or can't do it's only fair equally that you can do the same to it in whatever fashion you like!
If you are out for control then others are permitted to try and control you however they can. I am all about equality and I have to up-hold the notions above that I mentioned because that would be equality to both sides.
On the contrary, this is not the way one should promote equality, instead you promote equality with freedom to all on the universal scale with no exceptions and then use punishment to those who try and infringe another person ability to choose or freedom. That way the government want look contradictory because all governments would uphold the same cause and that is protecting all humans on planet earth ability to choose and/or freedom.
Punishing people without educating them the right way to behave is nothing but controlling people to behave the way you think they should behave and they have every right to be pissed off because who have the power or authority to make your choices for you doing your life time? NOBODY because nature nor GOD (whichever one you believe in) donít do this so why should a finite being try and go against the way nature or GOD works which is the cause you have the ability to choose/freedom in the first place.
How can humanity take away something that they did not give each and every individual human on planet earth called the ability to choose/freedom? YOU CANíT DO THIS AND THIS IS WHY THIS WORLD IS SO CRAZY BECAUSE WORLD GOVERNMENTS AND INDIVUDALS ARE TRYING TO DO THIS AS WE SPEAK!
This is what you get when you fight punishment with punishment. All youíre doing is justifying why a terrorist should scheme or blow up something up rather it be by bombs are suicide bomber.
Physical force does not govern humanity choices, information does and to get the right information out is what education is all about for global peace and the end or terrorism!
how do you educate someone who is out to kill you?

the answer is - you can't.

it's like cancer. you want to eradicate it, you have to kill a lot of good stuff to get rid of the bad stuff.

hey, genius. don't you know YOUR way is the way they are currently going about the war? what has happened, you ask?

we are going bankrupt. and we are no better off then we were in the beginning.

it would have been better to nuke the bastards in the beginning. destroy their hopes of conquering us like we did in japan during world war 2. and we would have saved a lot of money AND lives ON OUR SIDE easily.

look at how well germany and japan turned out after world war 2.

following YOUR idea of re-educating the masses has resulted in a war that is lasting over 100+ years. this current muslim problem started when the west dismantled the ottoman empire after world war 1.

study the history. all these countries in the middle east who are working together to forge this front with the west was at one time different parts of the ottoman empire.

world war one has never ended for them.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
May 26, 2013
 
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
like I said. and I will repeat..
if obama is found guilty of crimes, and gets impeached and the blacks riot over it, then, my guess is - THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER BLACK PRESIDENT IN THE USA.
on a personal note.. I was taken by obama before his first term in office with all his promises of unity, and transparency. as it now stands, I will never vote for another black president.
you don't like it. TOUGH.
this guy has harmed our country so much, never again.
I disagree. The color of skin doesn't preclude or enshrine integrity. We have had a Manchurian president. The press fell in love and refused to investigate and castigate. Let's hope they're fair and tough with all future candidates, even those whose ideology doesn't mirror theirs.
Don Joe

Maple Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
May 27, 2013
 
BandMaster wrote:
We need Bush and Cheney back....
That's right. Why don't you know there are billionaires who need to become trillionaires by taking money from the US treasury? bush wouldn't let them down. Also, just think, bush would start more wars and we would have more people to remember on this day. Obama just hasn't been keeping up with the destruction bush would have caused.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
May 27, 2013
 
You think only Republicans are moneyed? You are daft. There are many more millionaires, and billionaires from the Kenyan kid then there ever was in this country. He has practically destroyed the middle class, but there are plenty of rich people like him, and millions of poor people. That is what he wanted, 2 classes. The new moneyed people didn't work for their money, they cut deal with the Democrats, and the President

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Incognito4Ever 1,099,464
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 16 min Cheech the Conser... 255,640
The latest on damaging earthquake in California 19 min Sneaky Pete 14
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 19 min Brian_G 305,438
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 23 min Aquarius-WY 10,238
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 26 min Lawrence Wolf 114,931
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 27 min Colbert 1,305
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 1 hr boo ya 235
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••