Nikki Haley calls for removal of Conf...

Nikki Haley calls for removal of Confederate flag from capitol grounds

There are 44 comments on the GantDaily.com story from Jun 22, 2015, titled Nikki Haley calls for removal of Confederate flag from capitol grounds. In it, GantDaily.com reports that:

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley on Monday called for the removal of the Confederate flag from the grounds of the State House. "Today we are here in a moment of unity in our state without ill will to say it is time to remove the flag from our capitol grounds," said Haley, a Republican and the state's first non-white governor, while flanked by a diverse group of South Carolina politicians.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GantDaily.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
private guy

Cambria, WI

#1 Jun 22, 2015
and if White people allow this what then, all that is happening here is she is showing that she panders and reacts and really has no business in office . This kid went off because he felt like his people were being slaughtered without mercy, the Jew owned media covers up a wall of non white crime and he found out about it. he was emotionally disturbed by it and the state cannot put an emotionally disturbed youth to death

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 24, 2015
:-)
Really

Newport, OR

#3 Jun 24, 2015
Funny how the South Carolina governor is now wanting to take down the flag but during her re-election campaign she supported the displaying of the very same flag what a HYPOCRITE !

Ebay is going to ban the sales on their site too .I just checked the listings 1 seller has sold 400 in the 24 hours since the announcement.

It is not about a flag or guns... it is about a drug fueled psychopathic racist with a gun who methodically planned to murder.

What about when the blacks protested in Baltimore and torched American flags did they get demonized? Hell no they were exercising their right to free speech.

People use baseball bats and cars to kill people but that wont stop me from driving my family to the baseball game.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#4 Jun 24, 2015
Really wrote:
Funny how the South Carolina governor is now wanting to take down the fla
It is not about a flag or guns... it is about a drug fueled psychopathic racist with a gun
It is all about all three. The racist seemed to worship the flag, emboldened with a gun and murdered 9 innocent people.

The racist will see his day in court, disgusting guns will continue to infect out lives AND KILL and the flag should be removed from public spaces.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#5 Jun 24, 2015
Really wrote:
People use baseball bats and cars to kill people but that wont stop me from driving my family to the baseball game.
The silly comparison is silly, don't you think?
Unfaithful Evans

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jun 24, 2015
Halee has Indian sympathy for slaves?? 0:)

“Anthony NYR”

Since: Jun 07

New York

#7 Jun 24, 2015
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
The silly comparison is silly, don't you think?
Silly, but his point is taken. I agree that the battle flag should not be flown over state capitol buildings. That should be reserved for state flags and our national flag. But some of what I'm hearing on the news is troubling. I've heard that Senator Reid believes that the UNLV mascot, the "Runnin' Rebel", should be changed. I've read other items stating that southern military installations should have their names changed if they are named after Confederate generals. Still others call for the removal of Confederate statues and memorials. For better or worse, the Civil War is part of our history. We can't change what happened. But when I hear people calling for the destruction of historical monuments, it immediately makes me think of the Taliban and ISIS. Those fun-loving rascals who have been systematically destroying all historical and archeological monuments all throughout the Middle East because it doesn't conform to their belief system. I'd like to think we're better than that, despite all the problems we have in this country.

It would set a dangerous precedent, were we to travel that road. Because it would never stop. How many Native Americans were slaughtered or forcibly moved from their ancestral lands by soldiers serving under the American flag? Were they to gain media attention, and claim that the U.S. flag is hateful and offensive to them, then what? Do we remove it from everywhere?

We have to draw a line at some point. We can't remove everything that offends some groups. We need thicker skin, collectively, as a people. The Confederate flag, the gay community's Rainbow flag, the Nation of Islam flag, etc. are just that...flags! They can't cause physical harm, they can't kill. They are merely symbols. And we are too carried away with symbolism in this country.
Texas Alamosis

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jun 24, 2015
Is Gov. Haley a Redskin?? Ooh!!
Uber-Bro of the Unborn

Norfolk, VA

#9 Jun 25, 2015
I would love to see Ms. Haley call for the removal of all Planned Parenthood facilities from South Carolina! Is there a link between racism and abortion? Let's all judge for ourselves by exploring the web-site of Life Dynamics Incorporated!
private guy

Cambria, WI

#10 Jun 26, 2015
so now it comes out that this kid has no connection with the far right, was drinking vodka with Blacks, was under Obamacare mental health ''Care'' and on suboxadone. Then we have photo shopped flags on the first photos and while you dumb asses were sleeping Obama passed a trade program with will use cuts in medicare payments for the elderly to pay for it, Of course the mental health experts he was seeing did not get around to filing papers that would have prevented him from having weapons. and its all the fault of the Confederate flag. you people running the republican party are the dumbest sons a bitches on this planet. http://northerngoodies.com/store/Confederate_...
HinduCondyRice

Lawrence, MA

#11 Jun 26, 2015
private guy wrote:
so now it comes out that this kid has no connection with the far right, was drinking vodka with Blacks, was under Obamacare mental health ''Care'' and on suboxadone. Then we have photo shopped flags on the first photos and while you dumb asses were sleeping Obama passed a trade program with will use cuts in medicare payments for the elderly to pay for it, Of course the mental health experts he was seeing did not get around to filing papers that would have prevented him from having weapons. and its all the fault of the Confederate flag. you people running the republican party are the dumbest sons a bitches on this planet. http://northerngoodies.com/store/Confederate_...
Where is Bonheer,McConnell??in bed with Obama..Shooter should have shot the flag, not his buddy..hehe
Mexican Lottery Winner

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jun 28, 2015
Liberate Mexico from Cartels and farm labor slavery..Unify the US/Canadaian/UK practice of human trafficking that is killing our daughters and sons
Mexican Anti-Catholic

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Jun 28, 2015
Mexican Flag should be at Alamo
Reynosa Mariacha

Washington, DC

#14 Jun 29, 2015
Man from Rio Grande
Republican N-lovers

Washington, DC

#15 Jul 1, 2015
Vote this Union traitor out, white blood only here
Mark Twain Progressive

Silver Spring, MD

#16 Jul 3, 2015
I have new respect for Governor Haley
Mixed blood is toxic

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Jul 4, 2015
Uber-Bro of the Unborn wrote:
I would love to see Ms. Haley call for the removal of all Planned Parenthood facilities from South Carolina! Is there a link between racism and abortion? Let's all judge for ourselves by exploring the web-site of Life Dynamics Incorporated!
Haley needs to be voted out
1 post removed
Haleys 2016

Washington, DC

#19 Jul 9, 2015
Fort Sumpter is free
Church matters

Washington, DC

#20 Jul 9, 2015
private guy wrote:
and if White people allow this what then, all that is happening here is she is showing that she panders and reacts and really has no business in office . This kid went off because he felt like his people were being slaughtered without mercy, the Jew owned media covers up a wall of non white crime and he found out about it. he was emotionally disturbed by it and the state cannot put an emotionally disturbed youth to death
Where's your compassion?
Zionist liberal

Greenbelt, MD

#21 Aug 30, 2015
private guy wrote:
and if White people allow this what then, all that is happening here is she is showing that she panders and reacts and really has no business in office . This kid went off because he felt like his people were being slaughtered without mercy, the Jew owned media covers up a wall of non white crime and he found out about it. he was emotionally disturbed by it and the state cannot put an emotionally disturbed youth to death
Blaming the Jew owned media again? Governor Haley is right about burning this flag of treason

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min John Galt 1,845,824
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min loose cannon 244,554
News Seeking to frame election, Trump calls Dems 'to... 8 min SirPrize 23
News Hawley: Democrats' 'mob behavior' motivating Mi... 9 min Say What 67
News Is the GOP facing a 'thumping' or 'shellacking'... 11 min L Craig s Hush Pu... 1
News Tennessee women slow to back GOP's Blackburn in... 11 min Say What 24
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... (Aug '17) 12 min WelbyMD 2,159
News Elizabeth Warren: DNA test shows strong likelih... 13 min RIP 373
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 21 min Bongo 110,320