North Carolina voters approve gay marriage ban

May 8, 2012 Full story: NJ.com 5,908

North Carolina voters approved a constitutional amendment today defining marriage solely as a union between a man and a woman, making it the 30th state to adopt such a ban.

Read more
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#3990 Jun 9, 2012
Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey go take a trip around Europe. White people are out numbered two to one. Wait....I am sure on welfare and food stamps you can not afford any trips. Sorry.
White people are outnumbered 2 to 1 in Europe????????

Jesus Christ, dude. Put down the tequilla bottle and step away from the bar. What a stupid thing to say.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#3991 Jun 9, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say it would lessen het marriage....you are totally glazing over my worthy response, cause you know it's true...
your response was not even close to true. legalizing SSm in the US would do sno such thing as yu said. the proof is int he states that have done so and it hasn't happened in and in the countries that have SSM and it hasn't happened in.

Again, you are making up scenarios that have already been proven to not come true just to support your prejudice.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#3992 Jun 9, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I have. It would mean our government has decided that mothers and fathers are no longer a necessary part of the family structure.
WTF? Who the hell is claiming THAT pile of nonsense? My god, buddy.... you are SUCH a drama queen, I swear!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3993 Jun 9, 2012
That isn't true
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you mean people will get what they are paying for but not getting now?

Minnesota's North Coast

#3994 Jun 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
White people are outnumbered 2 to 1 in Europe????????
Jesus Christ, dude. Put down the tequilla bottle and step away from the bar. What a stupid thing to say.
i guess it's Ok to lie through your teeth if it supports your prejudice...

I've called him on this Bullshit three times now, but he's unwilling to admit it was a lie. i would doubt he has ever travelled out of his mom's basement...

Minnesota's North Coast

#3995 Jun 9, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
That isn't true
<quoted text>
It is true.

This is fun!

Minnesota's North Coast

#3996 Jun 9, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
That isn't true
<quoted text>
So how would it put a strain on SS then?

Location hidden

#3997 Jun 9, 2012
Well you silly little man I answered his question but all your side has is defense to play. I can't wait till SCOTUS puts you f*gs into place
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Weak, dude. If you wish to exclude a particular group, you need to have a legimate reason. Your dislike of gays isn't one. Sorry, but that's why we win in Court. It's been a long time coming, but I can wait a little while longer for SCOTUS to finally put you homophobes in your place.

Location hidden

#3998 Jun 9, 2012
People pay into ssc. A benefit to marriage is survivor-ship benefits for married persons. This does not mean for whichever frat boy lives longer than the other. Marriage simply involves a husband and a wife and special privileges were but in place to provide security for the offspring of those two persons. An attempt to bastardize the meaning of the word does not entitle you to benefits.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>So how would it put a strain on SS then?

Minnesota's North Coast

#3999 Jun 9, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
Well you silly little man I answered his question but all your side has is defense to play. I can't wait till SCOTUS puts you f*gs into place
<quoted text>
No prejudice there...Sheesh!

Location hidden

#4000 Jun 9, 2012
but you didn't have any problems with his name calling. It is telling
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No prejudice there...Sheesh!

Minnesota's North Coast

#4001 Jun 9, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
but you didn't have any problems with his name calling. It is telling
<quoted text>
Whose name calling? perhaps i didn't read the post you are refering to. Are you saying other people make you prejudiced by their actions?

Are those straws your grasping at now?

Minnesota's North Coast

#4002 Jun 9, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
People pay into ssc. A benefit to marriage is survivor-ship benefits for married persons. This does not mean for whichever frat boy lives longer than the other. Marriage simply involves a husband and a wife and special privileges were but in place to provide security for the offspring of those two persons. An attempt to bastardize the meaning of the word does not entitle you to benefits.
<quoted text>
Ao others are paying for some benefits they cannot legally get because some people in the US are homophobic...

Seems like I was correct.

the word marriage includes SSM now. Catch up!

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#4003 Jun 9, 2012
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
This is (which I know you know, full well) 100.0% false. Why do the antigay adore lying? This is a big mystery to me.
A child raised in a household *with no outside influence* would think nothing of two same-sex parents, OH WAIT, THAT'S RIGHT,
what you are *ACTUALLY* admitting is that
prejudice from the *ANTIGAY* creates this problem.
Thanks. This was exactly my point.
<quoted text>
Oh, really? So, let's be clear here, gay people *living their lives* and the pro-gay living *in support of them* is somehow not good, that somehow pushes an "agenda," but you can *enter the picture and stick your snout* into their affairs and you're *NOT* pushing an agenda. YOU entering the picture and giving them UNWANTED ADVICE and UNWANTED "MORAL" JUDGMENT is somehow *NOT* pushing an agenda.
You are the only group who *is* quite *literally* pushing an agenda.
To you, this is *NOT* pushing an agenda, somehow, but them living *THEIR OWN LIVES* is.
Yeah, why am I not buying this? Because it's coming from someone who sounds more and more *a-n-t-i-g-a-y* with every post.
<quoted text>
Congratulations, then, on attempting to split up families, deny them their rights, destroy their togetherness, and damage and frighten their children and their children's lives.
Seriously.
You people are like monsters. Nothing more, nothing less.
There are *children* in these families who wonder why their parents are being attacked and hated. No skin off your back; like a pharisee, you obsess over the idea without looking at the toll upon human lives.
The biggest joke? You didn't say this, but people of your ilk do.
They claim the *GAY PEOPLE* are going to hell, but somehow they're *NOT* going to hell for their antigay vitriol and the very real damage they are doing to lives. Somehow, they're *NOT* gonna go to hell, so they claim, but literally 100.0% innocent gay people are.
It sends a chill up my spine.
I love how you all just give kids credit for nothing. Of course a child is going to wonder why there is no mother or father around. It is you all that want to believe they will be blinded from that simple little fact. They are kids, not kittens....

Gay people going to hell and ssm are two separate issues. You are the one intertwining them into one.

Whether not ssm marriage is found to be unconstitutional, they will still live their own lives, won't they?????

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#4004 Jun 9, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Ao others are paying for some benefits they cannot legally get because some people in the US are homophobic...
Seems like I was correct.
the word marriage includes SSM now. Catch up!
Oh please....all single people that work pay taxes for benefits...what's that got to do with anything.....

Minnesota's North Coast

#4005 Jun 9, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you all just give kids credit for nothing. Of course a child is going to wonder why there is no mother or father around. It is you all that want to believe they will be blinded from that simple little fact. They are kids, not kittens....
Gay people going to hell and ssm are two separate issues. You are the one intertwining them into one.
Whether not ssm marriage is found to be unconstitutional, they will still live their own lives, won't they?????
And what will not having that father or mother around mean to them?

“I beleave in reason not god”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4006 Jun 9, 2012
Pat Robertson s Fatwass wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the other moron didn't notice, because he also was too busy listening to drug addict, Rush L., spew venom all day.
Hey evilgelical nutcase, if we had laws saying talibangelical scumbuckets couldn't marry, adopt, serve openly, teach, be protected from arbitrary firing you freeeks wouldn't be characterizing such bigotry as "opposing views."
We know who the bigots are, and they're going the way of the KKK - to the farthest margins of polite society.
unforgivably liberal Don`t care about the the Constitution. just look at what they did in California. a gay judge said I don`t about the law. I just want whats best for me.

Minnesota's North Coast

#4007 Jun 9, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please....all single people that work pay taxes for benefits...what's that got to do with anything.....
But as a couple, people pay taxes differently. Often one of the couple is the primary earner while the other tkaes care of he home. They still earned that money together. just like hetro couples, same sex couples should be able to use those benefits they paid for together.

Single people do not make wealth as a couple. if this is too hard for you to understand, perhaps you should stop here...

Location hidden

#4008 Jun 9, 2012
Try the one I replied to. No I am simply saying if they wish to throw their prejudice at me then I will throw it back. You must be drunk tonight because I don't believe you are that dumb
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Whose name calling? perhaps i didn't read the post you are refering to. Are you saying other people make you prejudiced by their actions?
Are those straws your grasping at now?

Minnesota's North Coast

#4009 Jun 9, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
Try the one I replied to. No I am simply saying if they wish to throw their prejudice at me then I will throw it back. You must be drunk tonight because I don't believe you are that dumb
<quoted text>
So others can make you prejudiced...good to know. most reasoned people keep thier morals regardless of the actions of others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ted Cruz Announces White House Bid 2 min mjjcpa 274
News Emerging details of Iranian nuclear deal draw b... 2 min Marcavage s Emission 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,206,084
News Russia providing arms to Ukrainian separatists:... 4 min Oliver Cromwell 475
News Indiana religious objections law slammed on soc... 5 min OId Sailor 12
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min topsy 52,257
News Latest on Ferguson: Civil rights leaders condem... 6 min Rawest Truth 1,609
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min woodtick57 320,171
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min Ari son of Anarchy 175,670
News Harry Reid to retire, will not be seeking re-el... 17 min xxxrayted 51
More from around the web