US Senate Democrats close ranks to fi...

US Senate Democrats close ranks to fight Keystone

There are 222 comments on the Reuters story from Apr 24, 2012, titled US Senate Democrats close ranks to fight Keystone. In it, Reuters reports that:

U.S. Senate Democrats closed ranks on Tuesday to block quick approval of the Keystone XL oil pipeline as they begin negotiations with House of Representatives Republicans on a compromise job-creating transportation construction bill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

harvey

Columbus, OH

#107 Apr 30, 2012
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>When you see all of these people ONLY parroting Fox News, don't you think it is important to speak up and tell them the truth? You say I am a worthless troll. I am telling ..etc. etc...and do so quickly.
The OTHER poster said you were a "worthless troll," dear, not me. I was defending you.

FYI
harvey

Columbus, OH

#108 Apr 30, 2012
CrazeeCatLadee wrote:
64% of the people in this country want the Keystone Project, and we will have it, if we have to vote out the whole incumbent congress.
Quit making up fake poll numbers, hag. If Americans were being told the truth about this project, they'd reject it en masse. As it is, you don't get to decide. Fortunately.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#109 Apr 30, 2012
Les Spambot wrote:
<quoted text>The only people still supporting Obama are those trying to get in the governments pocket or those aready in it. Everybody else knows that the golden goose is on life support.
And it's the reTHUGlican Party that's killing it, and our country as well.

Spambot's OK with that, though, as long as he gets to 100K posts and that pony Faux News promised him. LOL!
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#110 Apr 30, 2012
Madaman wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the essence of the problem with Republicans. They are hell-bent on starting wars of choice -- WHILE adamantly refusing to pay for them. The current crop is the WORST! They want to start a war with Iran (never mind the impact on the global price of oil!), AND are eager to pass the Ryan Plan with its HUGE tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations. The Plan relies on future revenue increases from closing tax loopholes -- even though when pressed, Ryan cannot name a SINGLE loophole he would close. We have seen how kindly his Party greets revenue increases of ANY KIND.
The Party of "Fiscal Responsibility" is set to make President Obama look like a piker when it comes to creating MASSIVE deficits and overwhelming national debt! Bishop Romney's proposed tax code "fix" would add over $2 TRILLION to deficits by 2021 -- and that is WITHOUT any more wars.
Then, he advocates a Balanced Budget Amendment -- with a straight face!
Priceless!
Bush and Cheney planned on attacking SEVEN countries.

&fe ature=related

World oil is going to run out. Production peaked in 2008. The countries that Bush and Cheney want to attack have most of the remaining world's oil. that's their energy strategy while the rest of the developed and developing countries are moving on to new energy sources.

Sure, the Repubs cut and cut domestic spending to have wars, and the reason they don't tax us for the wars, they just run up debt instead, is because if you taxed the people to pay for the wars and you had a draft, they would not agree to any wars. So they have a small professional military, no draft, no taxes to pay for the wars, just run up debt, and they get control over the rest of the oil in the world. This is what is really going on, IMO.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#111 Apr 30, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, unenployment is higher than the 'official' rate. That's been true since Clinton's Presidency, when they changed the method they used to reckon the unemployment rate, I believe.
It has been true much longer than that. I remember Reagan announcing he changed the way it was calculated, and it dropped from 8% t0 6% in one day. Reagan then announced the problem was solved. I was surprised at how many republicans actually bought that line.

On the other hand, the method has been changed many times, going back much further. Reagan wasn't the first, and he wasn't the last to change official government statistics for political gain.

The real unemployment number, the way I calculate it is over 40%. Look at the number of people available for work, and how many are actually working. It comes out to over 40%.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#112 Apr 30, 2012
I am at my wits end with Hannity. It's like when Beck got fired. How long can they keep someone like that on TV? I'm so sick of the propaganda and of those people who do not know anything other than the war propaganda coming from Fox. It's time for this stuff to change. Once they get Murdock in England, someone needs to take on Fox here and go after them for lying all of the time. There has to be SOME standards when they are "news" channels. And, who is going to stay in a country where a TV channel can start wars on the country? This is really dangerous stuff. It's like an idiot nation repeating the television, brainwashed by the TV. It's terrifying.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#113 Apr 30, 2012
Pamela wrote:
I am at my wits end with Hannity. It's like when Beck got fired. How long can they keep someone like that on TV? I'm so sick of the propaganda and of those people who do not know anything other than the war propaganda coming from Fox. It's time for this stuff to change. Once they get Murdock in England, someone needs to take on Fox here and go after them for lying all of the time. There has to be SOME standards when they are "news" channels. And, who is going to stay in a country where a TV channel can start wars on the country? This is really dangerous stuff. It's like an idiot nation repeating the television, brainwashed by the TV. It's terrifying.
Reagan got rid of those standards for a reason. You are seeing that reason.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#114 Apr 30, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know that. So Reagan is the one who got rid of standards in news reporting. Makes sense. People do not get it. Carl Rove raises more money for the Republican party than anyone else and he works for the fracking companies. He's the guy who right after the last elections went and got 5 EPA waivers for Haliburton to frack. And then people think that those people on Fox are some good and innnocent people helping them. They work for the oil and gas companies and they are telling the country to stay on dirty ending oil at peak oil and at the speeding up of global warming. And you see people repeating that stuff, defending ONLY staying on carbon energy. Fox has people so brainwashed I see them post all of the time that they hate clean energy. I see them post all of the time to have a war in Iran. They repeat ANYTHING Fox says and their not thinking about how crazy it sounds.

I remember when the Vietman War ended. I remember this country living without being in a major war for decade after decade. Now I have watched the country be in two ten year wars and now I see people on Fox telling me I need a third war. And then to see people repeat it as if it is normal. They don't think at all for themselves. I have never seen the TV sell wars before. I've never seen it before. And what I always wonder is how many subcontracting companies do those people own, how much did they make in Iraq? Those people must own a lot of Halibuton stocks, oil stocks, Bechtel stocks. But they sell it to the masses that they are "looking out for them." It's like state run TV. And they ALL repeat it.

I'm a big fan of Ron Paul. I watched Fox take Ron Paul down, marginalize him, make him out to be a nut because those people on Fox own the war corporations and the oil companies so they want another oil war so they got rid of Ron Paul. And they know the people are so stupid that they just do whatever a couple of guys on TV tell them to do. So now we have like 3 guys on TV running the country's elections, getting rid of this candidate and that one, telling the people who to vote for, telling them to support a new war in Iran, telling them to hate clean new energy sources. I just think TV should be able to do that. What happened to people thinking for themselves and solving the country's problems themselves? What happened to democracy, to individual thought??
Mordred

London, UK

#115 Apr 30, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You ought to see the squirrels chase her. It's a hoot.
Only the married ones do...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#116 Apr 30, 2012
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>Hannity needs to STOP trying to sell this country a third war. You have a person on TV constantly trying to sell a broke country that has been in 2 wars for ten years a third war and he damned well needs to knock it off. We have no money for any more wars. He profits from those wars. He is a war profiteer. He is pure evil and you are so god damned dumb that you have no clue. You're letting an evil war profiteer tell you to have a war in Iran when you are all flat ass broke and you do not want to pay for any wars. This evil stupid sh!t needs to stop and it needs to stop NOW. He's the one taking billions from taxpayers. I am taking nothing and I am telling stupid people the god damned truth and they do not even have one clue. HE'S A WAR PROFITEER, get a clue. Jesus H. Christ grow a brain.
Your brain belongs in a litter box..........and buried.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#117 Apr 30, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
SEALS SLAM OBAMA FOR MAKING IT POLITICAL, the clown in chief again plays spike the football. What a clown.

Farrakhan: Joining U.S. Military Is Fighting 'for the Enemy'..so is joining Obama.

Jon Lovitz scorches Obama again:'President lying to get votes'...
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#118 Apr 30, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Your brain belongs in a litter box..........and buried.
Funny, that she needs to tell everyone, that she is so smart and they are dumb. It's pretty clear that when a person is smart, they needn't tell anyone. The other's would just know. Someone who is insecure and who feels inferior would do that.
alan

Maringouin, LA

#119 Apr 30, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit making up fake poll numbers, hag. If Americans were being told the truth about this project, they'd reject it en masse. As it is, you don't get to decide. Fortunately.
harvey,you little frtuitcake!you and the lame stream media couldnt tell the truth for loving obama!you ignore all his lies and keep kissing his ass!if obama told the truth on what he has planned for the country and his muslim brothers all would be shocked?remember his error when he told the russian that after he was eletcted again he could deal with him better?that wasnt for the public to hear but where is the liberal main stream media on this?they would rather report on romneys dog than bring any heat on obama?you can go suck a fat rats ass!thats the closest to your brain power you can get!
2 posts removed

Since: Nov 11

New York, NY

#122 May 1, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
64% of the people in this country want the Keystone Project, and we will have it, if we have to vote out the whole incumbent congress.
There is no need to vote out the "whole incumbent congress" just the one's opposing XL.
River Veteran

Roswell, GA

#123 May 1, 2012
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know that. So Reagan is the one who got rid of standards in news reporting. Makes sense. People do not get it. Carl Rove raises more money for the Republican party than anyone else and he works for the fracking companies. He's the guy who right after the last elections went and got 5 EPA waivers for Haliburton to frack. And then people think that those people on Fox are some good and innnocent people helping them. They work for the oil and gas companies and they are telling the country to stay on dirty ending oil at peak oil and at the speeding up of global warming. And you see people repeating that stuff, defending ONLY staying on carbon energy. Fox has people so brainwashed I see them post all of the time that they hate clean energy. I see them post all of the time to have a war in Iran. They repeat ANYTHING Fox says and their not thinking about how crazy it sounds.
I remember when the Vietman War ended. I remember this country living without being in a major war for decade after decade. Now I have watched the country be in two ten year wars and now I see people on Fox telling me I need a third war. And then to see people repeat it as if it is normal. They don't think at all for themselves. I have never seen the TV sell wars before. I've never seen it before. And what I always wonder is how many subcontracting companies do those people own, how much did they make in Iraq? Those people must own a lot of Halibuton stocks, oil stocks, Bechtel stocks. But they sell it to the masses that they are "looking out for them." It's like state run TV. And they ALL repeat it.
I'm a big fan of Ron Paul. I watched Fox take Ron Paul down, marginalize him, make him out to be a nut because those people on Fox own the war corporations and the oil companies so they want another oil war so they got rid of Ron Paul. And they know the people are so stupid that they just do whatever a couple of guys on TV tell them to do. So now we have like 3 guys on TV running the country's elections, getting rid of this candidate and that one, telling the people who to vote for, telling them to support a new war in Iran, telling them to hate clean new energy sources. I just think TV should be able to do that. What happened to people thinking for themselves and solving the country's problems themselves? What happened to democracy, to individual thought??
Fox didn't take Ron Paul down.... his dumb azz views on foreign policy did that. He took himself out of this election. He should have lied and told half truths like Obama did in his campaign and he would still be in the running.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#124 May 1, 2012
River Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox didn't take Ron Paul down.... his dumb azz views on foreign policy did that. He took himself out of this election. He should have lied and told half truths like Obama did in his campaign and he would still be in the running.
Ron Paul is telling the truth about everything, and he knows where the real problems are coming from - from the debt, the world debt to the international bankers, from the policies of the federal reserve, etc. He's the only one telling the truth, and he tells the truth both Bush and Obama each ran up 5 trillion dollars of debt. Both parties ran up tons and tons of debt in the last ten years. He is right that the Dems spend and spend on welfare and that the Repubs spend and spend on oil wars. The problem is Fox tells you people to have a war with Iran and you go along with it. That's the problem. Where would you borrow trillions of dollars from for a war with Iran? You are in 16 trillion of debt already. And no one looks into the fact that the countries we always want to invade have most of the remaining world oil, and that these same countries they call the "axis of evil" are ALL countries trying to sell oil off of the dollar, trying to take the petro-dollar down. Ron Paul is right about all of it. The idea that a fake news channel can sell a country in two wars for ten years a third war shows the power of the TV. No one in their right mind would agree to that, especially when we are broke, and look at the reality of it. The entitlements are in 120 TRILLION dollars of debt too, so a war with Iran in the trillions of dollars means that no one will get social security or Medicare. People are not looking into things themselves. If you blindly just believe of people on TV, then you would say Ron Paul is nuts to not want a third major expenisve war. If you only follow Fox, then yes, you would be hating clean new forms of energy, you would endorse a new multi-trillion dollar war with Iran, you would give up SS and Medicare to pay for more oil wars like Fox keeps saying. You would say Ron Paul is nuts if you your military policy is only what Sean Hannity says it should be. But reality would dictate that Hannity must profit personally from wars and from oil wars in particular. It's not going to benefit any of us. It will bankrupt us.

The problem is Ron Paul tells the truth and would address both parties big spending, whereas MSNBC sells the Dems big spending and Fox sells the Repubs big spending so neither fake news shows want Ron Paul telling the truth, sorting out ALL of the big spending and taking both parties' policies down.

Ron Paul's narrative is stop all the big spending from both parties.

Fox's narrative is hate the Dems, hate liberals, blame all on one party and vote for their party and believe in their wars and their staying on ending oil strategy. If we had oil here, I guarantee you Fox would not be selling you a third war in oil rich Iran.

MSNBC's narrative is keep running up debt, keep giving out welfare, keep paying huge government salaries and pensions.

Ron Paul is telling the truth, the two fake TV channels are both lying, the problem is people don't get it. they buy into either MSNBC's bullsh!t or into Fox's bullsh!t, and it is ALL bullsh!t. It's all propaganda BS.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#125 May 1, 2012
Pammy, in a previous life, were you Randall P. McMurphy?
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#126 May 1, 2012
If it was not for those people on Fox selling and selling a third major war with Iran, NOBODY in this country would ever, ever, ever agree to another expensive war. It's war progaganda. I lived through the protests to end the Vietnam War, and no one in this country would agree to another mojor war since that time, since 1970. So this was a nation for over 30 years that would NOT have another war. Now look at it. We had 2 major long term wars and we have a TV channel selling us a third war and people are backing it. Look at how far this has gone. This would not have ever happened in the past, and without Fox selling it constantly, no one one this country would agree to another war.

The TV sells and sells their agenda. When you sell and sell "stay on oil," "go to war with Iran" 24/7, constantly on every show, people begin to believe it. If you sell them the same message long enough, enough times, on enough shows for enough months, they buy it. This is how we now have the TV running the country. It's like getting millions of people to hate clean new forms of energy. Unless Fox sells it and sells it and sells it on every single show day and night over and over again, no one would be repeating that crazy talk. They are selling wars in like 5 oil rich countries because the U.S. ran out of oil in 1970 but uses most of the world's oil, so it imports close to 70 percent of the oil it uses, and, at the same time, not only does Fox sell the oil wars, it lies that we have oil here and it also sells not getting off of oil ever. So they are really selling hard for the oil companies and for the war corporations.

The number one and number two businesses in the U.S. are the war corporations and the oil companies. So Fox sells their agenda for them. And people buy it.

This country runs on wars and debt, on borrowing money and making nothing, producing nothing. It just runs on oil wars and on borrowing money. And Fox will sell it until the U.S. collapses from it and everyone here is left third world. And those rich people on Fox will split with the millions they made off of everyone selling them this agenda.

Imagine if Fox was not selling a war in Iran. No one would want a war in Iran.
River Veteran

Roswell, GA

#127 May 1, 2012
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>Ron Paul is telling the truth about everything, and he knows where the real problems are coming from - from the debt, the world debt to the international bankers, from the policies of the federal reserve, etc. He's the only one telling the truth, and he tells the truth both Bush and Obama each ran up 5 trillion dollars of debt. Both parties ran up tons and tons of debt in the last ten years. He is right that the Dems spend and spend on welfare and that the Repubs spend and spend on oil wars. The problem is Fox tells you people to have a war with Iran and you go along with it. That's the problem. Where would you borrow trillions of dollars from for a war with Iran? You are in 16 trillion of debt already. And no one looks into the fact that the countries we always want to invade have most of the remaining world oil, and that these same countries they call the "axis of evil" are ALL countries trying to sell oil off of the dollar, trying to take the petro-dollar down. Ron Paul is right about all of it. The idea that a fake news channel can sell a country in two wars for ten years a third war shows the power of the TV. No one in their right mind would agree to that, especially when we are broke, and look at the reality of it. The entitlements are in 120 TRILLION dollars of debt too, so a war with Iran in the trillions of dollars means that no one will get social security or Medicare. People are not looking into things themselves. If you blindly just believe of people on TV, then you would say Ron Paul is nuts to not want a third major expenisve war. If you only follow Fox, then yes, you would be hating clean new forms of energy, you would endorse a new multi-trillion dollar war with Iran, you would give up SS and Medicare to pay for more oil wars like Fox keeps saying. You would say Ron Paul is nuts if you your military policy is only what Sean Hannity says it should be. But reality would dictate that Hannity must profit personally from wars and from oil wars in particular. It's not going to benefit any of us. It will bankrupt us.
The problem is Ron Paul tells the truth and would address both parties big spending, whereas MSNBC sells the Dems big spending and Fox sells the Repubs big spending so neither fake news shows want Ron Paul telling the truth, sorting out ALL of the big spending and taking both parties' policies down.
Ron Paul's narrative is stop all the big spending from both parties.
Fox's narrative is hate the Dems, hate liberals, blame all on one party and vote for their party and believe in their wars and their staying on ending oil strategy. If we had oil here, I guarantee you Fox would not be selling you a third war in oil rich Iran.
MSNBC's narrative is keep running up debt, keep giving out welfare, keep paying huge government salaries and pensions.
Ron Paul is telling the truth, the two fake TV channels are both lying, the problem is people don't get it. they buy into either MSNBC's bullsh!t or into Fox's bullsh!t, and it is ALL bullsh!t. It's all propaganda BS.
And your post PROVES that you're the typical LUNATIC R.Paul supporter.

let me try this again a little s l o w e r for you!

His s t a n c e on f o r e i g n p o l i c i e s is what did him in. I like Ron Paul but crazy azz people like you give him a bad name.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#128 May 1, 2012
Les Spambot wrote:
<quoted text>Your brain belongs in a litter box..........and buried.
You're a cowardly trollbot asshat who deserves a whipping.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Bluestater 1,234,311
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 26 min momma chamberlin 309,948
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 35 min Earthling-1 53,504
News What Should Citizenship Mean? 1 hr xxxrayted 86
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Kong_ 164,347
News Ireland same-sex marriage 1 hr serfs up 303
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 1 hr xxxrayted 2,471
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr Taletha 328,659
News GOP's fight for 2016 nomination likely to drag ... 9 hr Chicagoan by Birth 165
More from around the web