Obama Can't Give In to GOP Extremism

Obama Can't Give In to GOP Extremism

There are 55 comments on the Real Clear Politics story from Oct 10, 2013, titled Obama Can't Give In to GOP Extremism. In it, Real Clear Politics reports that:

Seeing our government and our creditworthiness held hostage to the demands of a right-wing minority is infuriating.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Real Clear Politics.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Oct 10, 2013
Not on the affordable care act it is the law,the GOP are making a lot of demands, why is it that the Dems are not making immigration reform as their demand as well?
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#2 Oct 10, 2013
because you dont get to throw a bitch fit when things dont go your way and shut it all down. I wouldnt deal with them either as that would just enable that same juvenile behavior.

Once they choose to act like adults and open up a vote then we would be free to talk. Throw a bitch fit and you can stand over there in the corner and whine about it.

You reap what you sow.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#3 Oct 10, 2013
You know? I suppose that Obama is a law breaker if he is not participating in his own law......
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#4 Oct 10, 2013
Canon wrote:
You know? I suppose that Obama is a law breaker if he is not participating in his own law......
That makes no sense.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#5 Oct 10, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes no sense.
I'll explain it for you.... responding to the statement "It's the law of the land"..... see! It does make sense.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#6 Oct 10, 2013
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll explain it for you.... responding to the statement "It's the law of the land"..... see! It does make sense.
I thought you understood the law. I should have known better.

Yes it is the law of the land and will be of great benefit to everybody. Of course the entire purpose of the ACA was to provide affordable insurance to those not covered under an employer sponsored insurance plan. Obama already has employer sponsored insurance so there would be no reason for him to buy a policy from the state exchanges. To say that he is not "participating" is at best meaningless and at worst dishonest.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#7 Oct 10, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you understood the law. I should have known better.
Yes it is the law of the land and will be of great benefit to everybody. Of course the entire purpose of the ACA was to provide affordable insurance to those not covered under an employer sponsored insurance plan. Obama already has employer sponsored insurance so there would be no reason for him to buy a policy from the state exchanges. To say that he is not "participating" is at best meaningless and at worst dishonest.
No, he has exempted himself from it....what a bozo.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#8 Oct 10, 2013
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he has exempted himself from it....what a bozo.
What does that mean? Do you have insurance now through your employer? If so, you enjoy the exact same status as Obama and 200 million other people who receive their insurance through employer based plans. There sure are a lot of you bozos.
Cordwainer Trout

Lexington, KY

#9 Oct 10, 2013
Why hasn't Obama addressed the incredible rise in Black rapes and murders in America since Obama became President? It is approaching epidemic levels and the only thing he has ever done is increase Black angers without the slightest justification... just insane angers and insane allegations having nothing to do with reality. Obama could calm his people, but he hasn't. He could educate his people, but he hasn't.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#10 Oct 10, 2013
Lamer wrote:
because you dont get to throw a bitch fit when things dont go your way and shut it all down. I wouldnt deal with them either as that would just enable that same juvenile behavior.
Once they choose to act like adults and open up a vote then we would be free to talk. Throw a bitch fit and you can stand over there in the corner and whine about it.
You reap what you sow.
You don't look at yourselves to well. The men and women over the last 6 years who lost half their meager wealth have every right to be angry. Perhaps a bit more juvenile thinking would have helped them a bit. On the other side.. The night of the 2010 elections many of you were screaming and threatening to murder people and get violent in other ways. Your protests border on spreading disease as people acted like pigs. 905 of the vicious crime is by progressives and under reported by the media. This is just some of the juvenile behavior that has been been spread like manure the last few years. Whatever years people have left, the ones who lost their wealth from assinine home mortgage laws and no interest at banks and other government made fiascoes, will blame government that caused it and whatever good will they had with you, is diminished.
AlShahrptin

Solon, OH

#11 Oct 15, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
Why hasn't Obama addressed the incredible rise in Black rapes and murders in America since Obama became President? It is approaching epidemic levels and the only thing he has ever done is increase Black angers without the slightest justification... just insane angers and insane allegations having nothing to do with reality. Obama could calm his people, but he hasn't. He could educate his people, but he hasn't.
Mah, mah, mah. Anothah clown barrah suppotah thet don't have a single clue bout what clown barrah be all about. Clown barrah don't care nuthin bout any a thet hepin blaicks. Whut clown barrah want ta do is ta keep os blaicks down on the democratic plantation votin democratic. Clown barrah lak to use race and class warfair a lot.
AlSharptin

Solon, OH

#12 Oct 15, 2013
Clown barrah jus ain't about to give up any of the gov control contained in the unafodable cayah train wreck. Why clown barrah got the IRS checking up on evrah citizen's tax returns and repotin useful info on any citizen back to tha white house. Ya got ta laugh about all thos youth twit clown barrah supportahs reactions to the sticker shock of the unafodablecare exorbitantly high premiums.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#13 Oct 16, 2013
Since when is balancing a budget, extreme?
Quirky

Denver, CO

#14 Oct 16, 2013
Obama needs to resign! He`s A Joke!
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#15 Oct 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Since when is balancing a budget, extreme?
That's some crazy thinking, right. Obama was running up deficits of over a trillion a year and still crying for more money to spend. That's what I call extreme.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#16 Oct 16, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>That's some crazy thinking, right. Obama was running up deficits of over a trillion a year and still crying for more money to spend. That's what I call extreme.
You call it extreme, but everybody else calls it untrue.

Even Mitch McConnell said today that spending has been reduced at the greatest rates since the Korean War

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#17 Oct 16, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
You call it extreme, but everybody else calls it untrue. Even Mitch McConnell said today that spending has been reduced at the greatest rates since the Korean War
If you believe the government has reduced spending, can you explain why they demand to borrow more money? Doesn't it make more sense to cut spending until they live within their means?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#18 Oct 16, 2013
Quirky wrote:
Obama needs to resign! He`s A Joke!
Thinking just the opposite.....turn's out those teaparty House republican's should be whipped with a knotted plowline......
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#19 Oct 16, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
You call it extreme, but everybody else calls it untrue.
Even Mitch McConnell said today that spending has been reduced at the greatest rates since the Korean War
Oh, so now you're a big fan of the idiot, Mitch McConnell. He's one of the problems, like all your radical liberals.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#20 Oct 16, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so now you're a big fan of the idiot, Mitch McConnell. He's one of the problems, like all your radical liberals.
That's funny. When you think McConnell is a radical liberal then words clearly have no meaning to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min FYVM 1,394,445
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 4 min up in yo 9,681
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 14 min Responsibility 46
News Here's what Britain's vote to leave the EU tell... 18 min serfs up 24
News Clinton hits Trump in 1st Spanish-language ad 18 min Responsibility 12
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 25 min Brian_G 12,921
News Pressure builds on Jeremy Corbyn as EU leaders ... 34 min Go Blue Forever 1
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr Agents of Corruption 387,807
News The Republican Party is dead 4 hr VorenusI 1,718
News Trump hits 'hostile' media, 'rogue' Scarborough... 6 hr Bad Ass Cowboy 260
News Rebellious Democrats disrupt House, stage protest 8 hr Cat74 224
More from around the web