Why They Hate Obama

Why They Hate Obama

There are 12491 comments on the The Daily Beast story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Why They Hate Obama. In it, The Daily Beast reports that:

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Beast.

Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#5906 Jan 15, 2014
That was good information, not to often that a Chicago Economist admits his confusion.

I don't think you understood the article or the information in the post. Banks aren't just throwing money at consumers now you have to have an income that supports your ability to manage your financial obligations.

If you don't have good credit you can't get a loan.
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
You, dear boy, are TOO blinded to see the truth, NPR wouldn't lie would they?
http://www.npr.org/2013/12/17/251796694/year-...
We're getting screwed and banks are profitting immensely, deny it.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#5907 Jan 15, 2014
Banks are making loans, only to those people who have the credit history and income to pay those loans on time and with no difficulties.

That's a rational business decision.
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
From NPR, a leftist organization:
Show Me The Money
So what happened to that $85 billion a month $1 trillion total that the Fed has pumped into the financial system over the past year?
"It all got bottled up in the banks, and essentially none of it ... got lent out," Blinder says.
"
Why Aren't Banks Lending?
"This is the $64 trillion question the deep, deep mystery to me," Blinder says. "In bits and pieces, we understand that, but I think in large measure we don't understand it."
Blinder says one part we do understand is that the banks were burned by the financial crisis and are much more cautious about lending. Another factor, he says, is that the banks have some incentive to leave their reserves safely at the Fed, because the central bank pays them interest. It's only a quarter of a percent annually, but Blinder thinks the Fed should stop doing that to encourage banks to lend
"
"THE CENTRAL BANK PAYS THEM INTEREST" on the free money the fed gives them.
What's going on dear boy is the fed is GIVING the money to the banks and then the banks are investing it back and making a profit on it.
Nice work if you can get it.
Try denying it or research it yourself/
We're being screwed by the government and the banks are benefitting.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#5908 Jan 15, 2014
What do you think is the primary purpose of a local bank ? To make change for a dollar?

A Banker isn't making money if not making loans, revolving loans ,automobile, home , and most other consumer and business loans.

Their customers are people you work with and for.......

Personally since you asked, I'm committed to Credit Union Membership, I'm to cheap to pay bank service fees.
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
And who are these customers who need loans? And for what? I don't need a loan, do you?

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#5909 Jan 15, 2014
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>Banks are making loans, only to those people who have the credit history and income to pay those loans on time and with no difficulties.

Wish Washington would have thought of that with Clinton.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#5910 Jan 15, 2014
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
bring on the challenges......
you ppl. thought Obama was just a community organizer...fooled your azzes didn't he!!!!!!!
Obama is sending you lazy rats scrambling to the SCOTUS to stop his power grab.....won't happen.
Hey Buckwheat, see the latest unemployment rates for black men? Way to go Oblama.
Black Oblamer supporters are soooooo stupid.

“no one told me”

Denver

#5911 Jan 15, 2014
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Notice the profits of the big banks...... some of then are earning $3.5 Billion Quarterly while paying billions in fines during the same quarter.
None are paying interest on accounts, their service fees out weight the interest if your balance is less than $2000 a month. CDs are paying below 1%
The kicker is it's the tax payers money that insures all FDIC accounts.
Ostupida';s financial policies, less than 1%, where's yur money? Not in a savings account I'll wager.

“no one told me”

Denver

#5912 Jan 15, 2014
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Banks are making loans, only to those people who have the credit history and income to pay those loans on time and with no difficulties.
<quoted text>
Rubbish, we're being swindled for bank profits and you refuse to admit it. Who's getting loans and for what? If I want to expand my business, I'll do it with the profits I've put away.

Where's the jobs?

“no one told me”

Denver

#5913 Jan 15, 2014
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Notice the profits of the big banks...... some of then are earning $3.5 Billion Quarterly while paying billions in fines during the same quarter.
None are paying interest on accounts, their service fees out weight the interest if your balance is less than $2000 a month. CDs are paying below 1%
The kicker is it's the tax payers money that insures all FDIC accounts.
Pull yur head out of the sand Eric, this is what liberal policies bring:

News for us drops out of top 10 freest economies
RT

This Is Not a Ranking We Should Be Proud Of
Heritage.org (blog) &#8206;- by Amy Payne &#8206;- 8 hours ago
The 20th anniversary edition of the Index of Economic Freedom reveals that the United States has dropped out of the top 10 freest economies ...

U.S. Drops from Top Ten Freest Countries in 2014 Index of ...
www.nationalreview.com/.../us-drops-top-ten-f... ;
1 day ago - U.S. Drops from Top Ten Freest Countries in 2014 Index of Economic Freedom -... For more on America's ranking in the index, check out Deroy ...
Terry Miller: America's Dwindling Economic Freedom - WSJ.com
online.wsj.com/.../SB100014240527023038481045... ;
2 days ago - But after seven straight years of decline, the U.S. has dropped out of the top 10 most economically free countries. For 20 years, the index has ...

“no one told me”

Denver

#5914 Jan 15, 2014
Eric Gustafson wrote:
That was good information, not to often that a Chicago Economist admits his confusion.
I don't think you understood the article or the information in the post. Banks aren't just throwing money at consumers now you have to have an income that supports your ability to manage your financial obligations.
If you don't have good credit you can't get a loan.
<quoted text>
How soon before you and the other lunatic libs start shreiking "RACISM" ?

Not long I'll wager.

Liberal interference in the credit market is what caused the mortgage crisis and the financial meltdown.

“no one told me”

Denver

#5915 Jan 15, 2014
Eric Gustafson wrote:
What do you think is the primary purpose of a local bank ? To make change for a dollar?
A Banker isn't making money if not making loans, revolving loans ,automobile, home , and most other consumer and business loans.
Their customers are people you work with and for.......
Personally since you asked, I'm committed to Credit Union Membership, I'm to cheap to pay bank service fees.
<quoted text>
Tell us about your loans. I know what the frikking business of a bank is, Dingus, most libs think it's there to give money away. They squawk about predatory loans daily.

Yur really falling behind the conversation, yur lame excuses aren't getting it.5526.

BTW, I pay NO bank service fees, none. They even gave me free checks.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5916 Jan 15, 2014
dont snow me wrote:
IF the economy is improving,as Oblama apologists claim, why do we need to extend unemployment?
The economy is improving, SnowJob, you think anyone is waiting for your opinion on this?

Just because your customers are tipping you less it doesn't mean the rest of us aren't seeing the improvement.

if you thought your opinion was worth a buckle of warm seagull sh!t, you would need to keep changing your alias.

Wipe your chin, Buttercup: you're leaking DNA samples.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#5917 Jan 15, 2014
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Temporary help to the State Budget for medicaid expansion would have prevented the Cleveland Clinic and other health care facilities from having to lay off those workers.
Medicaid always reimbursed less than private Health Care Insurance programs, that's not new in the industry.
Reimbursed less for more patient volume that an expansion would bring means you are treating less patients who don't have the ability to afford care.
In any event, Ohio's governor has seen the light and now wants to expand medicaid to get that money to help those facilities. As does Rick Scott down in Florida. Playing politics has bite them in the behind and it's not only the working poor that pays the consequence, it's those hospitals left to treat emergencies of people who can't pay.
I think it might be the volume that's going to do the harm at a 20% loss for every patient. The cost of medication and supplies aren't going down. Still the same amount of doctors getting paid less. I feel a doctor should live better that Justin Bieber.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#5918 Jan 15, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it might be the volume that's going to do the harm at a 20% loss for every patient. The cost of medication and supplies aren't going down. Still the same amount of doctors getting paid less. I feel a doctor should live better that Justin Bieber.
you think doctors should be making over $55 million/year?

are you serious?!?

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#5919 Jan 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you think doctors should be making over $55 million/year?
are you serious?!?
You know that's not what I meant. Pulling on noses again?

Bieber doesn't contribute anything, yet a doctor's reimbursement will probably be limited.

Do you think the people have a right to another's intellectual property?
Frank

Spokane, WA

#5920 Jan 15, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The economy is improving, SnowJob, you think anyone is waiting for your opinion on this?
Just because your customers are tipping you less it doesn't mean the rest of us aren't seeing the improvement.
if you thought your opinion was worth a buckle of warm seagull sh!t, you would need to keep changing your alias.
Wipe your chin, Buttercup: you're leaking DNA samples.
Obama announced the other day that he would use executive privilege to cause more havoc on our country. His policies put into executive orders will put addition millions of people out of work.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#5921 Jan 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you think doctors should be making over $55 million/year?
are you serious?!?
Justine Bieber didn't attend advanced schooling for several years to help people. Only you and Obama think that doctors should work for free. Obama doesn't seem to think that lawyers should work for free.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5922 Jan 15, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Obama announced the other day .
You lie when you blink.

If I want to know what Obama said, I'll pick up the paper where they get all the words right.
1 post removed

St. Croix valley

#5924 Jan 15, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that's not what I meant. Pulling on noses again?
Bieber doesn't contribute anything, yet a doctor's reimbursement will probably be limited.
Do you think the people have a right to another's intellectual property?
so you think people like you should determine what people make? not any good way for you to get out of this, teaman...either you think we should determine people's income by committee or by people like you or it is determined by the market...which is it?

i know what a real TEA person would say.

St. Croix valley

#5925 Jan 15, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Justine Bieber didn't attend advanced schooling for several years to help people. Only you and Obama think that doctors should work for free. Obama doesn't seem to think that lawyers should work for free.
no he didn't... so you think the market shouldn't determine people's worth? da, comrade....tell us what the collective says you are worth.....

St. Croix valley

#5926 Jan 15, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Or sports figures, or Hollywood entertainers, or musicians.......
apparently, we need to start garnishing their wages as they didn't earn it....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 min cpeter1313 8,501
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,582,658
News Rural America Braces for Labor Shortages After ... 4 min Bomb Mexico 81
News Trump returns to Arizona - and a chaotic politi... 4 min spocko 8
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min arrr 26,890
News Ohio to feel the Bern again 5 min Dee Dee Dee 14
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min Freedomofexpression 316,358
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 7 min Just Think 1,522
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 31 min Trump Lies 287,788
More from around the web