Why They Hate Obama

Why They Hate Obama

There are 12491 comments on the The Daily Beast story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Why They Hate Obama. In it, The Daily Beast reports that:

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Beast.

Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#4787 Dec 31, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you were the one who brought up states rights, remember?
You really have no idea what made this country exceptional and great, do you?
That reply was to the post of your claiming that Lincoln was a criminal.

I don't see a correlation with Lincoln being a criminal and this country being exceptional..... can you elaborate?

The America seeking a more perfect union and our system of justice, liberty and equality makes America exceptional
1 post removed
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#4789 Dec 31, 2013
The same things that make you laugh can make you cry.

You claiming the market is not an indicator of the economy in a capitalist system can be true if you did not have any investment in the market when it crashed under George Bush, In that case it's all foreign numbers to you.

If you didn't loose anything there was nothing to gain as the markets were restored. Millions of middle class workers are and were invested and loss significant savings in 2008, those who waited out the market since March 2009 have seen every dime restored to those accounts and doubled and tripled in most cases
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The market is not an indication of anything, especially when our federal government is monkeying around with it.
The stock market is being artificially supported by the hundreds of billions our feds are dumping into it. Nothing more. It's phony, just like the housing market before it's collapse. It's not real. Also known as "quantitive easing," it's fake money.
The so-called stimulus was mostly spent for some very minute tax cuts, but also for temporary jobs that only lasted about a year or so. If not for the people who quit looking for work, our unemployment would be higher today than when Hussein took office.
As somebody that comes from a construction family, trusts me, when the construction is done, you go home and wait for another job to come around. All construction jobs are temporary, that's why I didn't pursue such a career.
1 post removed
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#4791 Dec 31, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The market is not an indication of anything, especially when our federal government is monkeying around with it.
The stock market is being artificially supported by the hundreds of billions our feds are dumping into it. Nothing more. It's phony, just like the housing market before it's collapse. It's not real. Also known as "quantitive easing," it's fake money.
The so-called stimulus was mostly spent for some very minute tax cuts, but also for temporary jobs that only lasted about a year or so. If not for the people who quit looking for work, our unemployment would be higher today than when Hussein took office.
As somebody that comes from a construction family, trusts me, when the construction is done, you go home and wait for another job to come around. All construction jobs are temporary, that's why I didn't pursue such a career.
I've been a union carpenter for more than 35 years, and an union Engineer 25 years. 250 Billion was not near enough to do the maintenance on America's infrastructure that is required, but it helped to reverse the massive job loss we experienced under Bush.

Based on your idea of quantitative easing you haven't read up on exactly what the Treasury is doing, nor do you realize how the Treasury invest and conducts it's business or grasp that the Treasury funds is unrelated to the Nation's Debts.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#4792 Dec 31, 2013
Maybe this can help you understand what you have a desire to know.

Quantitative Easing Definition | Investopedia
www.investopedia.com/terms/q/quantitative-eas... Cached
An unconventional monetary policy in which a central bank purchases private sector financial assets in order to lower interest rates and increase the money
2 posts removed
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#4795 Dec 31, 2013
Fortunately I've not had to look for a job since I was 15 years old, over the last 22 years, I've created work and compete against those individuals who you wait on crumbs to fall from their table to sustain yourself.

I've never been a crumb snatcher and don't understand the logic of not competing against service providers and manufacturers for market share.

But that is the difference in those of us who make life happen and you who wait on things to happen. Waiting on someone to give me a job would never work well for me, glad you've found some comfort in that arrangement. Get in where you fit in is what my father always said.

Manufacturers leave America to head to locations with cheap labor, and because of republican policies that defer taxes on income generated overseas they can stash their earning offshore in the Cayman Islands.

4 Million desperately poor American citizens receive welfare out of a population of 308 million.
If that is your concern than you can't be that far from having to depend on welfare yourself.
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
has worked well for me, might have worked for you as well if you would have actually looked for a job. Or maybe you were applying for jobs from poor people?
Or maybe if the "green" interests" and the job killers in the demorat party hadn't driven so many manufacturers out of business here.
But you're fine on welfare and food stamps, right?
1 post removed
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#4797 Dec 31, 2013
Just over the last 12 month the New York Stock Exchange produced more than $3 Trillion in wealth, obviously you don't have a 401K plan to suggest the returns are fake.

The Economy isn't bad, job creation is bad. Companies are earning record profits with fewer personnel resources. Production is up across the board. If you have a job or a source of income that sustains you comfortably, how is your story the economy is bad?

The economy is bad for individuals not ready to accept the challenges faced to impress a potential employer. If you're competing and working everyday the economy isn't bad.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still fake. The market is not doing well except for the fact of the feds involvement. What you're trying to do is base DumBama's success using the market as an indicator. How can an economy be so bad and the market be doing so good with the exception of multinational companies?
The real indicator is working Americans. That's what would turn this economy around. That's why the Republicans want to cutoff federal unemployment benefits. As long as people are not working, the economy can't go anywhere.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#4798 Dec 31, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine included. When the rock bottom hit, the company that takes care of my retirement fund bought new shares like they were going out of style. It was like a two-for-one sale. I don't need my retirement for another 15 years. I didn't lose one dime and in fact, gained quite a bit.
The market is a good indicator if nobody is screwing around with it. Left on it's own, the market tells us the success of businesses mostly in the US. It tells us of the confidence companies and share holders have of our economy. Right now, they only reason investing is a good option is because investors know what's holding the market up and making it profitable. Once that's gone, so is investor money. People will take their winnings and go home.
'
That is exactly what you are supposed to do, get out ahead if you can and reel in before the getting stops, the markets have been on a 4 year expansion after a complete collapse under the Bush administration and hands off regulations and oversight.

The markets are on their own, your idea of quantitative easing and believing it's market manipulation is incorrect, purchasing debt from banks as investment options for the Treasury has little if anything to do with performing companies in the S&P Indexes.

I've heard stooges on television mumbling the same wayward theory, the same morons forecasting inflation and market collapse for the last 4 years.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#4799 Dec 31, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You hate Cheney, why would you quote him?
Here, let's quote someone you adore: "If you like your insurance policy, you can keep your insurance policy. Period." " If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Period."
There. Isn't that comforting? Relevant, too.
What's the matter frightwingnut? Don't like a quote that's relevent from one of your heroes, five deferment Cheney the draftdodger? And I don't adore anyone. And Obama swallowed too much teabag kool aid with his Heritage Foundation Romneycare Healthcare Mandate. He should have had the balls to push through a single payer system of healthcare for all of us. Including you teabaggers.
2 posts removed
benson

Decatur, GA

#4802 Dec 31, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. The leftists mock trickle down economics but supported Piglosi when she said that keeping people on unemployment and welfare stimulate the economy. If that's not a definition of trickle down, I don't know what is.
But you see, according to leftists, trickle down works that way, just not with businesses.
The economy is stimulated greatly with gov't spending programs....what the hell, spend spedn spend our way out of everything. Tax the hell outta the rich, and close corporate loopholes. Forbid offshore money laundering that corporations and individualts use in avoiding paying their fair share of taxation. What else..........
benson

Decatur, GA

#4803 Dec 31, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals always had a warped definition of trickle down economics.
It was never enough that jobs trickled down to stimulate the economy.
They want the profits to trickle down by the boat loads to people who do nothing to create the wealth.
If it wasn't for liberal policies, you voo-doo ecomonic trickle down clowns would not been able to create wealth or jobs. Its the gov't's job to stimulate the economy by any means necessary.
Bring your worn out warmed over ideas to the trash barrel one more time.....its time to burn them up in 2014.
benson

Decatur, GA

#4804 Dec 31, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>That is the difference in thinking and Ideaology of the Old Left Liberals Vs. the New Left Liberals of today which is the reason why Reagan and many others abandoned the Democrat Party in the 1960's and changed their affilitation with the Republican Party.
Think in the future tense, you stupid idiots. Reagan is dead and his policies never worked in the first place. The old guard of Reagans era gave us a helluva problem to solve in this century. Know this......there were millions that have suffered greatly during that trickle down non-sense. So glad we are no longer under that stupid Reagan crap.
benson

Decatur, GA

#4805 Dec 31, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be, look at who they elected twice.
I thank them......keep'er going in 2016 for the election of Hillary.
benson

Decatur, GA

#4806 Dec 31, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Money for luxury, green , unneeded crap for European embassies, but not enough for Libya. Maybe with an electric car they all could have got away.
You ppl. didn't care about the Benghazi boys......all your concerns centered around making it a political fire storm. GIve it a rest already....its over and done with.
benson

Decatur, GA

#4807 Dec 31, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't run for office.
Be that as it may.....He surely upset the status quo back in the day and challenged them to do more for the poor. He certainly believed in wealth redistribution for the greater gain of all ppl.
He didn't need to run for any office....even though the white romans thought He was'
WIthout running for any office.....the ppl. saw Him as King of the Jews. Being a King trumps any lower office holder. He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords....something mere man could not give unto Him. Learn something boy!!!!!!!!!!
benson

Decatur, GA

#4808 Dec 31, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick to the only thing you're qualified for , querking with your mama.
I'm more qualified in many areas than you'll ever be.
benson

Decatur, GA

#4809 Dec 31, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus was a good man, the son of GOD. Obama just thinks he's god, when in reality, he ain't crap. Obama has done MORE damage to this country then all our enemies throughout history. He has ruined race relations, and destroyed our military. GOD (the real GOD) help us.
You don't know God.......
Obama's ascension to the high place wasn't predicated upon whether you thought he was a messiah or something. His elevation was primarily designed to expose wickedness and corruption coming from the elitist 1%'ers against the least of God's children. This country is not being destroyed or damaged like you say. Your ignorance is all to well being exposed everytime you post.. Give yourself a trophy for being stupid.
4 posts removed
benson

Decatur, GA

#4814 Dec 31, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I know so. You are the same as all racists. You think your particular brand of racism is justified. You are the same as a skin head.
Nawh......your skin-head relatives are far worse than i am. Your klan kkkracka family are a vicious bunch of vagabond racists. Your teaHADISTS siblings make me look like a saint.
You ppl. eat up racism 24/7.....who the hell do you think you are/
benson

Decatur, GA

#4815 Dec 31, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what he believed in was people giving of themselves--not people give to the government. Jesus and government didn't get along all that well.
He instructed his followers to render unto gov't what is due unto gov't......including the taxation.
Jesus didn't have a problem with gov't...He had issues with the individuals in the name of gov't as to how they oppressed the ppl. and how they robbed, stole and mistreated them.
I doubt very seriously you are a student of the Word or for that matter a follower of Christ.
No need to front!!!!!!!!!!
benson

Decatur, GA

#4816 Dec 31, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The only ones that suffered were those who didn't want to work. As for the rest of us, Reagan was a gift from God.
Yeah....Reagan favored the rich over the poor all the time. He was a cheap azz old "b" movie actor with no heart for anyone except for his kind of folk. Reagan and the republican party saw to it that the poor would not be considered worthwhile in the whole scheme of things......as it remains the same even today. Poor ppl. suffered greatly under Reagan while he embraced his communist buddy Gorbachev. Reagan was definitely a shill.
benson

Decatur, GA

#4817 Dec 31, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the governments job to stimulate the economy? Where is that written? Certainly not in the Constitution.
There's a lot of things the Constution doesn't address.....for the framers didn't have a crystal ball peering into the future. Let it be said the gov't can and will do whats necessary to keep things going to the benefit of all to the best of its ability.
WIthout policies and laws of gov't there would be total chaos in the law.
Yes, gov't is the "boss."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Explore the weight of a border wall along the e... 3 min Oops 36
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min American Lady 269,643
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,534,197
⊛ When will Trump make millionaires pay t... 5 min Buddy Baker 1
Time to go? (Jun '15) 6 min BossHogg 13,350
News Man who led armed protest at Texas mosque publi... (Dec '15) 7 min JimGaddio 4
News New Orleans begins takedown of 3rd Confederate-... 7 min Lawrence Wolf 93
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 16 min inbred Genius 2,099
News James Comey fired as FBI director 20 min girlcrush 2,281
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 22 min girlcrush 195
More from around the web