Why They Hate Obama

Why They Hate Obama

There are 12492 comments on the The Daily Beast story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Why They Hate Obama. In it, The Daily Beast reports that:

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Beast.

VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#3847 Dec 19, 2013
If you liberals desire to be enslaved, that is your business. But, I(and I believe most of the country) wish to be free and have my liberties restored. Our country fought to ensure our liberty once, and we can do it again if we must. If blood must be let, we are more then ready to let you die for your belief, I have no problem with that. But, with you liberals being so willing to give up all freedoms, you can just get on your knees and crawl on the ground and beg for the crumbs that real working men and women will drop for you. Good God, you creatures are so pathetic.
2 posts removed

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3850 Dec 20, 2013
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
That ain't it.....they are realizing that they can't hold back forever waiting to sink Obama. There customers have come to realize its no longer practical to purchase company brands when that company helped to run the economy in the ditch. The buck starts/stops with the consumer. Learn something boy~!~!~!~!~!
Actually love parts of your attitude, but if you think the average American consumer has the political/business sense, to gauge the depth of corporate greed and congressional lobbying and manuevering.....and it's impact on consumerism.......Well,.it just don't fly....
One time Dixiecrat

Paducah, KY

#3851 Dec 20, 2013
Obamacare was intended to do 2 things and it is doing both very well.

It was intended to provide free health care to Obama's political base, the professional welfare recipient class. It is doing that. They get Medicaid. Absolutely FREE.

It was also intended to punish the working class who are the rank and file voters of the Republican Party. It is doing that just fine too. They are being stuck with huge premium increases that they must pay or be fined. Many will be unable to afford insurance and will end up paying the fine. If they can afford insurance, the deductibles and co-payments are so high that they cannot afford to use it for routine care.

Obamacare also has 2 built in mechanisms that will hurt workers even more than the individual mandate. First, by exempting employers with under 50 employees (and adding greatly to the cost of the premiums that they must pay if they do cover their employees) it encourages employers with just a few workers over 50, say 54, to lay off workers to get under the 50 limit. Many will do that. They will have no choice, since they cannot afford the higher premiums that they must now pay. The loophole that allows big employers with hundreds or thousands of low wage employees to not cover part time workers is an incentive for those employers to cut people's hours.

The aim was to force low wage workers onto the expanded Medicaid. However, there is a Catch-22 in that too. Take this example:

A 55 year old factory worker who worked for good wages for many years and is laid off because his job was outsourced to Asia. He owns a house that is paid for, two or more vehicles, and maybe a boat or a little tract of land that he uses for recreation. He has some savings. After he is laid off, he takes a full time job at low wages. It is all that he can get. It pays the bills and he figures he can last until age 62 and Social Security and retirement kick in. Then Obamacare hits his employer. If he works for an employer with 50 workers and he's no. 50, he will be the one fired. Last hired; first fired. He has to pay his own Obamacare, but he can't afford it.

"But," the Obamanites say, "He can get expanded Medicaid!"

Well, yes, he can. But - and here's the Catch-22 - he's not eligible for Medicaid because he has too much in the way of assets - that house and everything that he has worked all his life for. He has to liquidate those assets and spend the money before he can get Medicaid. It will impoverish him.

And that is just what the communist Obama intended for it to do.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3852 Dec 20, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
If you liberals desire to be enslaved, that is your business. But, I(and I believe most of the country) wish to be free and have my liberties restored. Our country fought to ensure our liberty once, and we can do it again if we must. If blood must be let, we are more then ready to let you die for your belief, I have no problem with that. But, with you liberals being so willing to give up all freedoms, you can just get on your knees and crawl on the ground and beg for the crumbs that real working men and women will drop for you. Good God, you creatures are so pathetic.
What liberties and freedoms, have the liberals taken from you?

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#3853 Dec 20, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>Warren Buffett thinks so. There won't be a Keystone pipeline as long as ol' Buffett is invested in railroads.:-)
Or while Obama wants the oil to keep coming from the Mid East. You know his buds.

Paris

#3854 Dec 20, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>So, by your logic loans made 30 years ago brought down the 2008 economy.......

Clinton enforced the Fair Housing Act that eradicated lending discrimination. Still loans that brought down the economy were not made by Banks........ Mortgage Companies aren't regulated in the manner Banks are and nothing about any mythical Clinton order changes that process.

If you had ever applied or gotten a mortgage you'd have a better understanding of the process of mortgages. Now you are working on theory and repeating stooge material distributed by numbnuts in the conservative media who themselves don't understand mortgages and know the different between Banks and Mortgage companies like Country Wide.
Stupidity Noted.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#3855 Dec 20, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupidity Noted.
Yes, yours. With 100,927 DUMBOSPAMS.

Paris

#3856 Dec 20, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>Before ACA there were no fewer than 14,000 policy holders a day dropped to increase profitability of the insurance companies. Millions of citizens denied an opportunity to "purchase" insurance.

This is why the lame challenges presented by the Republicans are falling on deaf ears, where were they over the years when consumers were turned out and dropped by insurers?

Little late to make a incident of insurance cancellations, drops and the continuing increases in insurance........
Prove it. By the way those policy holders chose their policies. Not coerced and forced to buy.

Paris

#3857 Dec 20, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, yours. With 100,927 DUMBOSPAMS.
Save your bandwidth porky, you don't impress even you gerbil.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#3858 Dec 20, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Then there's your side. The incoherent drivel filled frightwingnut side of mental instability.
And everyday I read and see images of the abuses and killings on the streets. But as long as you get paid that's okay. The amount of resources used to stop it and not a dent. Only a high tax welfare state with millions of people more each year collecting for the next thirty years and a totalitarian state ready to pounce as the party dissolves. Purchase your guns fencewalkers....

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#3859 Dec 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> What liberties and freedoms, have the liberals taken from you?
Uuuh, the most recent and obvious is I can't choose a health care insurance policy that fits my needs. I don't need maternity care or pediatric dental care, or birth control. Or, I can't chose not to buy at all without being taxed for it.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#3860 Dec 20, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
So, by your logic loans made 30 years ago brought down the 2008 economy.......
Clinton enforced the Fair Housing Act that eradicated lending discrimination. Still loans that brought down the economy were not made by Banks........ Mortgage Companies aren't regulated in the manner Banks are and nothing about any mythical Clinton order changes that process.
If you had ever applied or gotten a mortgage you'd have a better understanding of the process of mortgages. Now you are working on theory and repeating stooge material distributed by numbnuts in the conservative media who themselves don't understand mortgages and know the different between Banks and Mortgage companies like Country Wide.
<quoted text>
I'm on my 4th mortgage, I undersand them completely, that's why I understand that government pressure to give mortgages to the unqualified is what set this disaster in motion, don't know why you can't understand it.

You're losing it now clearly, but I'll try again:

Why in the world would financial institutions all of a sudden start giving out subprime mortgages to the unworthy? Would you?

I've explained it to you, you choose to stay in denial and not accept the facts. F and F being forced to accept the subprimes opened the flood gates. I've never said it was only the blacks who caused it.

Government interference caused it, the dems didn't care what the results would be, the taxpayers woud bail them out, which is exactly what happened.

“no one told me”

Denver

#3861 Dec 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
freedom of speech, the freedom to not make a cake with 2 men on it, for starters.

“no one told me”

Denver

#3862 Dec 20, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Is this the best you can come up with in refuting the fact that the tax advantages of moving manufacturing operations offshore to defer income taxes on income generated from those operations was a Republican idea?
I could care less who voted these disastrous policies, vote in congress can be purchase and sold. It's the madd scientist who created those policies that killed the American middle class. That is just one of the destructive policies from the Republican agenda over the last 35 years that has driven a widening gap in incomes in America.
<quoted text>
It's not even that simple and you should know it. You're willful stubborness to see both sides makes it very difficult to even discuss these issues.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#3863 Dec 20, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I know that question wasn't directed at me, but I had to chime in.

As a smoker, DumBama took a lot away from me. First he taxed the hell out of cigarettes to expand the SCHIP program so it now covers children of families that make up to $80,000 per year plus some illegal aliens.

That's about the time I started to order them from Indian reservations up in NY. DumBama put a stop to that too. Then he attacked the roll-your-own cigarette shops closing down hundreds across the country.

As a truck driver, I can no longer use my two way phone to communicate with my dispatcher. About two years ago, any driver caught even holding a phone of any kind is subject to $2,400.00 for the first offense. Fines increase with more offenses. If I'm caught talking to my employer, it's a $10,000 fine for him. Again, first offense.

According to my tax preparer, DumBama is going to tax the money your employer spends for your healthcare. Goodbye income tax refund check.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#3864 Dec 20, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Uuuh, the most recent and obvious is I can't choose a health care insurance policy that fits my needs. I don't need maternity care or pediatric dental care, or birth control. Or, I can't chose not to buy at all without being taxed for it.
Then you don't need to purchase insurance in the exchange. You're free to contact your current insurance broker to have him put together a plan suited to your need, but know there are going to be some coverage for things you may not require because the law regulates the bare minimum a policy can offer.

As of today, people under 30 can purchase catastrophic coverage, those policies that cover nothing unless you're hit by a truck or train and disfigured. With those you don't need a doctor because doctor visits aren't covered anyway.

My brother offers those to the employees at his restaurants they're about 60 dollars a month.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#3865 Dec 20, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Before ACA there were no fewer than 14,000 policy holders a day dropped to increase profitability of the insurance companies. Millions of citizens denied an opportunity to "purchase" insurance.
This is why the lame challenges presented by the Republicans are falling on deaf ears, where were they over the years when consumers were turned out and dropped by insurers?
Those people represented a small percentage of our country. You don't turn the entire world upside down for a few million people. You don't ruin it for 85% of the people that have insurance to take care of the 15% who don't. Trying to solve one problem by putting ten new ones in it's place is a failure. And that's what Commie Care is, a failure.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#3866 Dec 20, 2013
The Federal Housing Department didn't begin to insure sub prime mortgages in the record amounts they were until George Bush directed Alfonso Jackson in 2003 to do so when he was head of HUD. Having HUD lower the standards on mortgages guaranteed was a recommendation of the National Association of Realtors and the Home Builders Association.

Why: Lowering the standard on sub prime loans for federal insurance would be the gateway to Bush's Ownership Society and get renters into purchasing homes to break Clinton's record for new home ownership in America.

Of course the Republicans are against oversight and regulations so the secondary market where mortgage securities are constructed and sold as investment instruments ran crazy with no federal intervention. There was even created an over the counter market where a landlord holding a mortgage could sell that mortgage into the secondary market.
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on my 4th mortgage, I undersand them completely, that's why I understand that government pressure to give mortgages to the unqualified is what set this disaster in motion, don't know why you can't understand it.
You're losing it now clearly, but I'll try again:
Why in the world would financial institutions all of a sudden start giving out subprime mortgages to the unworthy? Would you?
I've explained it to you, you choose to stay in denial and not accept the facts. F and F being forced to accept the subprimes opened the flood gates. I've never said it was only the blacks who caused it.
Government interference caused it, the dems didn't care what the results would be, the taxpayers woud bail them out, which is exactly what happened.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#3867 Dec 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Those people represented a small percentage of our country. You don't turn the entire world upside down for a few million people. You don't ruin it for 85% of the people that have insurance to take care of the 15% who don't. Trying to solve one problem by putting ten new ones in it's place is a failure. And that's what Commie Care is, a failure.
maybe, but to provide access to 49 Million who were uninsured because of various reason in lieu of 11 million who are currently being dropped is not a bad trade off by any manner.

Where there were 49 Million shut out of purchasing insurance to now 11 Million who refuse to purchase insurance is a winning hand and difficult to justify when talking about repealing or defunding the program.

We always knew there were going to be some number of individual shut out , but right now that's a positve 35 Million turn around. Who wouldn't take those numbers?

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#3868 Dec 20, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Save your bandwidth porky, you don't impress even you gerbil.
100,927 DUMBOSPAMS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 min Eagle 12 22,152
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 min ChuckPhart 23,990
News Trump's Dark, Weird, Inaugural Campaign Speech 2 min Lawrence Wolf 26
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 2 min slick willie expl... 4,825
News News 16 Mins Ago Inaugural speech is Trump's ti... 3 min gwww 163
News News 13 Mins Ago Protesters, Trump supporters c... 4 min WelbyMD 33
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min District 1 234,361
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min USAsince1680 1,482,383
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 34 min shaddup 256,532
News In Trump We Trust: Inauguration prompts celebra... 34 min George 82
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr freebird 409,490
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 2 hr VetnorsGate 2,015
More from around the web