Why They Hate Obama

Why They Hate Obama

There are 12511 comments on the The Daily Beast story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Why They Hate Obama. In it, The Daily Beast reports that:

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Beast.

kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#3237 Dec 10, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
I hate Obama because he is a Marxist that is out to destroy the USA and our constitution. His being black is irrelevant. He is a failure as a leader and an American.
You're obviously a quite passionate person who's feeling distraught at the moment. I must question where you get your information. I also question the origin of your hatred. As a veteran, you deserve to feel better. I hope you will soon.

“I laugh at Robo Posters”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#3238 Dec 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Right... Republican.

Would sound sincere if he went after Bush for lying to Congress.
Lie on peter puffer.

Paris

#3239 Dec 11, 2013
benson wrote:
<quoted text>I need to remind you white boy....its you crunch bunnies that set the whole damn system up. It was set up to channel all the money into your pockets. Better be damn glad the gov't support systems are in place....otherwise greedy azz kkkrackas would go broke. Go figure you big dummy.
If you are going to have a pity party, send out invitations.

Paris

#3240 Dec 11, 2013
benson wrote:
<quoted text>I guess there were no whites being worthless...eh m'fcker. You racist bytch!!!!!!!!!
You are proving yourself to be a bore and a racist one at that.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#3241 Dec 11, 2013
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
All you savage racist b@stards create the conditons that hold blacks down. How can one expect to get a good decent paying job when your white owned corporations ship jobs overseas. Blacks move n when you skunks abandon the properties for better suburban digs....which in effect short changes the treasury. Like i said, kkrackas destroy things and leave the crumbs behind.
You live in an imaginary world don't you? Whites move out and abandon properties? Why would any white do that? Why would you abandon a house and property worth $150,000 or more? Who leaves that kind of investment behind?

When you wake up out of that fantasy world of yours, you'll realize blacks are the ones that ruin everything. They ruin neighborhoods, malls, schools, businesses, anything they touch. Blacks move in first and then the whites move out because who wants to live with blacks? You people can't even stand to live with your own race. That's why you're always trying to move in with whitie.

Pitiful.
2 posts removed
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#3244 Dec 11, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The states administer [federal] programs with federal mandates. All federal money comes with strings attached. The states can add benefits, such a mine, to federal standards, but they are limited when it comes to innovation do to federal law.
The tenth amendment allows for states rights. Article 1, section 8 limits federal power.
You just said it yourself...Obama [allowed] state commissioners...
A bit totalitarian, isn't it? My state chose to expand on Medicaid because it really wasn't an expansion. We pay 200% of the poverty line while Obamacare is 138%. It's free money for us. A one size fits all federal law really doesn't work.

What is "we pay 200% of the poverty line".......

the federal level is $11,490, you are considered to qualify for medicaid enrollment by the Feds if you earn lower than up to 133% of the $11,490 poverty level, or $15 281.

Any income between 133% or $15,281 and 400%, or $45960.00 qualifies for ACA Subsidies.

Some States have means testing and lower income requirements. In Texas any income over $8000 prevents participation in their Medicaid programs.

Then there is means testing in some States. Anyone earning less than that state's prescribed income level can not have assets in excess of $2000 dollars.

Only where "the POWERS not delegated to the United States, or Federal Government by the CONSTITUTION, nor PROHIBITED by the Constitution."

There is no States' rights except limited rights where the Federal Government or Constitution has not acted or delegated to the Feds, issue before that State created a law so long as that state created law doesn't violate in any manner one of the laws in the Constitution.

Now with Insurance, which is commerce the Constitution delegates the oversight of commerce to the United States Government, that has been confirmed by the Supreme Court in 1945. That didn't preclude the Federal Government granting States authorization to manage State Insurance Commissions until at such time the Federal Government created a National Commission of Insurance.

10th Amendment
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Again, there is no States rights, States can't be trusted to enforce Citizens protections as have been thoroughly demonstrated since the adoption of the United States Constitution.
1 post removed
Churchlady

Delavan, WI

#3246 Dec 11, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
Liberals and mindless idiots put this weak puke in office. For that we are on the brink of a war that will destroy all we know. As I said, I will hunt the fools that voted for this crap and I hope all true patriots ill join me if we are still alive. They must be destroyed for treason. Good GOD, where is Reagan when we need him?
YOU BETCHA' EXCERPT FROM JFK SPEECH HERE
"For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system that has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations."
www.stopthecrime.net
www.smartmetersmurder.com

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#3247 Dec 11, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
the federal level is $11,490, you are considered to qualify for medicaid enrollment by the Feds if you earn lower than up to 133% of the $11,490 poverty level, or $15 281.
Any income between 133% or $15,281 and 400%, or $45960.00 qualifies for ACA Subsidies.
Some States have means testing and lower income requirements. In Texas any income over $8000 prevents participation in their Medicaid programs.
Then there is means testing in some States. Anyone earning less than that state's prescribed income level can not have assets in excess of $2000 dollars.
Only where "the POWERS not delegated to the United States, or Federal Government by the CONSTITUTION, nor PROHIBITED by the Constitution."
There is no States' rights except limited rights where the Federal Government or Constitution has not acted or delegated to the Feds, issue before that State created a law so long as that state created law doesn't violate in any manner one of the laws in the Constitution.
Now with Insurance, which is commerce the Constitution delegates the oversight of commerce to the United States Government, that has been confirmed by the Supreme Court in 1945. That didn't preclude the Federal Government granting States authorization to manage State Insurance Commissions until at such time the Federal Government created a National Commission of Insurance.
10th Amendment
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
Again, there is no States rights, States can't be trusted to enforce Citizens protections as have been thoroughly demonstrated since the adoption of the United States Constitution.
We weren't talking about ACA subsidies. It was about Medicaid expansion. Texas didn't expand on Medicaid. NJ has been paying 200% of the poverty line to Medicaid recipients before ACA.

The ACA was argued under the commerce clause, but the penalty was redefined as a tax, remember? The penalty was "fatal" to the commerce clause.

You're stuck on [protections] or civil rights, I assume. State constitutions mimic the constitution with protections. There are federal courts that hear cases of protection abuse against a state. That is the federal power. There is nothing about the ACA in the [delegated powers] of the federal government and the constitution doesn't prohibit it to the states, as stated. It's about something that could lead to a future totalitarian central government when the federal government reaches too far into the public's personal lives..

Paris

#3248 Dec 11, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
10th Amendment
Foreeeeeeeeeeee score and 200 golf games ago liberal brought forth upon this nations.........disaster.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#3249 Dec 11, 2013
So Obama has bee President in his second term for almost a year now, what has he achieved? Nothing. Our bridges, and roads, parks, and everything the Government is supposed to be doing is still falling apart. The money for the shovel ready projects all spent on the poor, and unfortunate.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#3250 Dec 11, 2013
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at your skin color...its not white. Get a DNA G-NOME mapping test and you will discover how much blackness is in your blood. The minimum is 14%.
My hairy ass is white as snow, now kiss it!!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3251 Dec 11, 2013
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
No....you are the damn lie!!!!!!!!!
No, You are the Damn Lie!!!!!!!!!! and everyone knows it and Compulsive Liar besides.

Location hidden

#3252 Dec 11, 2013
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
I workded all my life...and i'm retired now. F..k thaat shyt you are talking about. Dumbazz m'fker..........
Here is another lie of yours and I have heard that claim from those in Detroit too and look at Detroit.

Location hidden

#3253 Dec 11, 2013
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon kkracka boy...be transparent in your kkkrackaness. You've hidden so well!!!!!!!bareback sissy!!!!!!
Everyone Knows you are a proven racist bigot and this post I am replying to confirms it and if anybody is a bareback sissy, it is you for sure.

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#3254 Dec 11, 2013
Mandela Deaf Translator !
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#3255 Dec 11, 2013
What is paying 200% of the poverty line to Medicaid?

Insurance is a marketable product, thus the Federal Government under the powers of the Commerce Claus has the right to regulate the industry, period

State Constitutions are BOUND to the United States Constitution, which is the Supreme Law of America. There is no law or Constitution higher, and some State Constitutions were written before the United States Constitution.

ARTICLE VI

Sec 2

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

(notwithstanding preposition all the same, despite, even, however, in any case, in any event, in spite of, nevertheless, none the less,)

The US Constitution supersedes all State Constitutions and or laws created. There is no States Rights in America.
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
We weren't talking about ACA subsidies. It was about Medicaid expansion. Texas didn't expand on Medicaid. NJ has been paying 200% of the poverty line to Medicaid recipients before ACA.
The ACA was argued under the commerce clause, but the penalty was redefined as a tax, remember? The penalty was "fatal" to the commerce clause.
You're stuck on [protections] or civil rights, I assume. State constitutions mimic the constitution with protections. There are federal courts that hear cases of protection abuse against a state. That is the federal power. There is nothing about the ACA in the [delegated powers] of the federal government and the constitution doesn't prohibit it to the states, as stated. It's about something that could lead to a future totalitarian central government when the federal government reaches too far into the public's personal lives..
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#3256 Dec 11, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
So Obama has bee President in his second term for almost a year now, what has he achieved? Nothing. Our bridges, and roads, parks, and everything the Government is supposed to be doing is still falling apart. The money for the shovel ready projects all spent on the poor, and unfortunate.
What money spent on the poor?$5 Billion in Food Stamps for two years? Are you kidding.

Infrastructure spending bills are sitting in the House where they have been for 3 years. The Senate has already voted and approved those measures.

you're not up on what's happening in American politics as much as you'd like to lead others to believe you are.

Location hidden

#3257 Dec 11, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Insurance is a marketable product, thus the Federal Government under the powers of the Commerce Claus has the right to regulate the industry, period
State Constitutions are BOUND to the United States Constitution, which is the Supreme Law of America. There is no law or Constitution higher, and some State Constitutions were written before the United States Constitution.
ARTICLE VI
Sec 2
This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.
(notwithstanding preposition all the same, despite, even, however, in any case, in any event, in spite of, nevertheless, none the less,)
The US Constitution supersedes all State Constitutions and or laws created. There is no States Rights in America.
<quoted text>
Not if congress grants an exception like FDR and the Democrats did for the Insurance Industry with the McCarran–Ferguson Act after the SCOTUS in 1944 ruled in United States v. South-Eastern Underwriters Association that the federal government could regulate insurance companies under the authority of the Commerce Clause in the U.S. Constitution.

McCarran–Ferguson Act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarran%E2%80%9...

Location hidden

#3258 Dec 11, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
What money spent on the poor?$5 Billion in Food Stamps for two years? Are you kidding.
Infrastructure spending bills are sitting in the House where they have been for 3 years. The Senate has already voted and approved those measures.
you're not up on what's happening in American politics as much as you'd like to lead others to believe you are.
I would rather see Food Stamps eliminated completely and that money allocated for Infrastructure spending bills instead and then people could go and work for their money and the Federal Government would have something to show for like FDR's New Deal Projects such Hoover Dam, TVA and a least of others were as how the liberals of today think the Federal Government has nothing to show for except debt.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#3259 Dec 11, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
ARTICLE VI
Sec 2
<quoted text>
To Medicaid recipients. People making double the poverty line set by the fed can receive Medicaid benefits here.

Regulate insurance, yes. Compel the purchase, no.

You missed "the laws of the United States which [shall] be made in [pursuance] thereof". The federal government is also bound to the law of the land which contains the 10th Amendment. There is nothing in the enumerated powers of congress that addresses public welfare. What isn't enumerated in Article 1 is reserved to the states. Powers prohibited from the states is treaties with foreign nations, waging war, and so on.

An erroneous supreme court decision concerning social security changed the welfare clause from welfare of the United State to the welfare of its public. FDR was threatening to stack the court.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will clerk issue gay marriage licenses after co... 2 min Wondering 18
News GOP establishment plans Trump takedown 2 min Denny CranesPlace 108
News Poll: Carson & Trump Tied 3 min - Lady Liberty - 32
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 3 min Agents of Corruption 47,818
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min DanFromSmithville 173,767
News 'Inbred' Clegg, 'disingenuous' Hague slated in ... 5 min spocko 8
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Grey Ghost 1,276,949
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min Denny CranesPlace 341,129
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 32 min RayOne 193,926
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 52 min American_Infidel 334
More from around the web