Why They Hate Obama

Why They Hate Obama

There are 12511 comments on the The Daily Beast story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Why They Hate Obama. In it, The Daily Beast reports that:

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Beast.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#3173 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks account for 13% of the population.
Are you alluding to Mexican Americans? Republicans never will have that vote - never did anything to entice the vote.
I don't have metrics on jobs - can't supply what I don't have.
without that 13% would Obama still have won, either time? But let's don't play games, blacks have very few of those high paying jobs you referred to. And if the hispanic vote was split 50/50 dems would have a hard time being elected anywhere as well.

“no one told me”

Denver

#3174 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be an ass - me and Inbred merely goof with each other. We have for many years.
I'm serious, white american liberals are the only people I'm aware of who constantly criticize their own people. Am I missing some other group somewhere else? Blacks and mexicans are tribalists, they always stick with their own. Asian americans go with whites by default.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3175 Dec 9, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
an estimated 62% of blacks will qualify for Medicaid, not insurance policies, that tells me a lot about who's getting the majority of welfare.
Funny, I don't know 1 white family on welfare or food stamps. In fact all my white friends grew up to be productive members of society.
Currently, from not a percentage but a numerical standpoint, more whites receive some form of public assistance than the AA population - these are the facts.

Your experience may have been different growing up - not knocking you, just saying. But poverty and welfare assistance do exist in your city and state my friend.

Fraud claims for Colorado welfare benefits climb steeply
Metro investigators get more reports of people lying to get assistance as the need for aid rises.
By Allison Sherry
The Denver Post

Read more: Fraud claims for Colorado welfare benefits climb steeply - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12980453#ixzz2n2...
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us:@Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statist...
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#3176 Dec 9, 2013
Liberals and mindless idiots put this weak puke in office. For that we are on the brink of a war that will destroy all we know. As I said, I will hunt the fools that voted for this crap and I hope all true patriots ill join me if we are still alive. They must be destroyed for treason. Good GOD, where is Reagan when we need him?

“no one told me”

Denver

#3177 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it does seem that red states do in fact vote against their best interests.
I'm not buying that, your supposition is just wrong. The whole red state/blue state welfare argument is bogus anyway. If you want to assess blame, blame the feds, they take and take from the states and then dole it back.

The gas tax is a classic example, the dept. of education too, they have no business being involved in state issues, it's ineffective and wasteful.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3178 Dec 9, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm serious, white american liberals are the only people I'm aware of who constantly criticize their own people. Am I missing some other group somewhere else? Blacks and mexicans are tribalists, they always stick with their own. Asian americans go with whites by default.
I'm actually amazed you would call Mexicans tribal. You know mw as well - and I'm Hispanic - and most of my friends were Hispanic as a young man, but now I have a mix of just about every culture and race as personal friends.

You my friend sound a bit "Tribal" yourself - are the majority of your friends white? Nothing wrong with that - just asking, since you broached the subject.
Whats your point

United States

#3179 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Currently, from not a percentage but a numerical standpoint, more whites receive some form of public assistance than the AA population - these are the facts.
Your experience may have been different growing up - not knocking you, just saying. But poverty and welfare assistance do exist in your city and state my friend.
Fraud claims for Colorado welfare benefits climb steeply
Metro investigators get more reports of people lying to get assistance as the need for aid rises.
By Allison Sherry
The Denver Post
Read more: Fraud claims for Colorado welfare benefits climb steeply - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12980453#ixzz2n2...
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us:@Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statist...
From a numerical standpoint whites make up 77% of the population and blacks make up 13%. Whats your point transvestite?

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3180 Dec 9, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not buying that, your supposition is just wrong. The whole red state/blue state welfare argument is bogus anyway. If you want to assess blame, blame the feds, they take and take from the states and then dole it back.
The gas tax is a classic example, the dept. of education too, they have no business being involved in state issues, it's ineffective and wasteful.
Gas taxes are assessed by each state - when I visit a client in N.J., I go on half a tank and fill there - gas prices are almost $0.50 less than in NY or surrounding states. As a matter of fact, N.J. has one of the lowest gas taxes in the country - this is also a fact.

If you wish to disregard actual data, this is your choice. The fact remains, southern red states have a lower cost of living, except food - the same all over - lower (much lower) property taxes, which all equate into lower wages.

Classic example - New Mexico receives $2.19 for every dollar it pays to the federal government, vs.$0.79 for ever dollar for N.Y.

Mississippi has the highest poverty level in the country per capita. They don't survive without federal assistance.

I'm not assessing blame - just stating facts.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#3181 Dec 9, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gas taxes are assessed by each state - when I visit a client in N.J., I go on half a tank and fill there - gas prices are almost $0.50 less than in NY or surrounding states. As a matter of fact, N.J. has one of the lowest gas taxes in the country - this is also a fact.
If you wish to disregard actual data, this is your choice. The fact remains, southern red states have a lower cost of living, except food - the same all over - lower (much lower) property taxes, which all equate into lower wages.
Classic example - New Mexico receives $2.19 for every dollar it pays to the federal government, vs.$0.79 for ever dollar for N.Y.
Mississippi has the highest poverty level in the country per capita. They don't survive without federal assistance.
I'm not assessing blame - just stating facts.
And, Jersey girls don't pump gas.:-)

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#3182 Dec 9, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see if I have this right, according to you, lazy whites on welfare vote for republicans, the very republicans who would like to reduce the amount paid out in welfare benefits?
Which would harm them financially?
Seems like a contradiction to me. Where am I going wrong?
This is true. Homeschooled teabag morons always vote against their own best interests.
1 post removed
angel

Boise, ID

#3184 Dec 10, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see if I have this right, according to you, lazy whites on welfare vote for republicans, the very republicans who would like to reduce the amount paid out in welfare benefits?
Which would harm them financially?
Seems like a contradiction to me. Where am I going wrong?
The Republican 'Base' will never be accused of being the sharpest tool in the shed.
They have a looong and illustrious History of voting against threir best interests.
The Gop has slathering them with bullshit(Your the REAL AMericans!'Down Home Smart')and inciting their Racism,Paranoia.
(YOU are the only people who work hard! While those shiftless minorities live off your Tax Money!...Your Not Stupid!...Just looked down on by the 'Elites'.)down to a fine art.
Basicly appealing to the WORST qualities their base posseses while PRETENDING to validate them.
Worked like a charm for decades...until recently when they over played their hand in panic over Obama with DimBulb Palin and the Koch's over reached trying to manipulated the Retards and the stooges didnt go back in the box until the next election cycle.
Which is exactly why the GOP is a fragmented ,un-electable mess with the Tea Party around their neck like a Millstone.
Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of Nazi Plutocrats!Lmao!
1 post removed
Phil Shifley

Coffeyville, KS

#3186 Dec 10, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>This is true. Homeschooled teabag morons always vote against their own best interests.
Blacks have been doing the same thing since they agreed to be enslaved by LBJ!!!

“I laugh at Robo Posters”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#3187 Dec 10, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>100,392 DUMBOSPAMS. Everyone made up by a birther nut.
Same line, different time. The boy drools on. Wipe your chin.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#3188 Dec 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Same line, different time. The boy drools on. Wipe your chin.
100,440 DUMBOSPAMS. Everyone made up by a birther nut.
2 posts removed
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#3191 Dec 10, 2013
angel wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republican 'Base' will never be accused of being the sharpest tool in the shed.
They have a looong and illustrious History of voting against threir best interests.
The Gop has slathering them with bullshit(Your the REAL AMericans!'Down Home Smart')and inciting their Racism,Paranoia.
Did it ever cross your mind that the reason we are in the mess we're in is because too many people DID vote for their own self-interest and not the interest of the country?

JFK "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

Liberal 2013 "Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you."
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#3192 Dec 10, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you study John FFFFF Kerry.

Getting out of paying YOUR fair share I see.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#3193 Dec 10, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks account for 13% of the population.
Are you alluding to Mexican Americans? Republicans never will have that vote - never did anything to entice the vote.
I don't have metrics on jobs - can't supply what I don't have.
They didn't have to. DumBama did!

THE NEXT AMERICA | POLICY Could Obamacare Problems Push Latinos to the GOP?

“This is an opening for Republicans because Latino optimism about expanding health care is starting to wane like the rest of the population,” said pollster Gabriel Sanchez, an associate professor of political science at the University of New Mexico.“The Republican strategy of hammering at the health care law could work among Latinos.”

Indeed, the latest Gallup Poll found Obama’s approval rating sinking 9 points among Hispanics in the last week, the sharpest drop of any subgroup. The 49 percent approval rating is the first time Obama registered below the crucial 50 percent threshold with Latinos this year.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/next-america/p...

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3194 Dec 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you study John FFFFF Kerry.
Getting out of paying YOUR fair share I see.
I pay my share you moron - a lot more than you ever would - if you had a job that is!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#3195 Dec 10, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
I pay my share you moron - a lot more than you ever would - if you had a job that is!
Oh, you do? Is that why you're trying to cheat your state out of gasoline taxes, because you pay your fair share??? LOL!

Thy name is Hypocrite.

“I laugh at Robo Posters”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#3196 Dec 10, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Patriot Act author: Obama’s intel czar should be prosecuted
By Brendan Sasso

Rep. James Sensenbrenner Jr., the original author of the Patriot Act, says Director of National Intelligence James Clapper should be prosecuted for lying to Congress.

"Lying to Congress is a federal offense, and Clapper ought to be fired and prosecuted for it," the Wisconsin Republican said in an interview with The Hill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Le Jimbo 194,103
News Turkey duped the US, and ISIS reaps rewards 7 min Filipsamovich 34
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Incognito4Ever 1,277,801
News 'We can't be intimidated' 13 min Anton Chigurh 126
News White House says Mount McKinley to be renamed D... 13 min kuda 151
News Planned Parenthood alleges 'smear' in letter to... 13 min Norbert of Norview 75
News Bernie Sanders' Pacifist History Resurfaces 13 min PolakPotrafi 33
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 29 min Le Jimbo 449
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr positronium 341,401
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr DanFromSmithville 173,957
More from around the web