Suburban Detroit man charged in death...

Suburban Detroit man charged in death of stranger in need

There are 52 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 15, 2013, titled Suburban Detroit man charged in death of stranger in need. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

A suburban Detroit homeowner was charged Friday with second-degree murder in the death of a 19-year-old woman who was shot in the face while on his front porch two weeks ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Gary

Bellingham, WA

#21 Nov 16, 2013
If the shooter was a white conservative I can
understand his fear of a small, black, teenage girl
since conservatives are pure chickensh*ts without their gun to scare people with. Like coming to a
town hall meeting carrying a military-style automatic
weapon.

My advice to conservatives: Stay down in your spider holes at night.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#22 Nov 16, 2013
Gary wrote:
If the shooter was a white conservative I can
understand his fear of a small, black, teenage girl
since conservatives are pure chickensh*ts without their gun to scare people with. Like coming to a
town hall meeting carrying a military-style automatic
weapon.
My advice to conservatives: Stay down in your spider holes at night.
Perhaps you can start your revolution with the chickenshit murders that happen all over the cities of America every day. Lots of little black girls and white girls and boys and old people and infants and so many others by the brave non conservative manly humans of virtue, character and honor. Screwing the sluts who go on the dole and leave the scene to score another conquest as a baby daddy is the ultimate chickenshit act. Don't you agree? Fix this problem and you fix so many more. But does that mean progressives eventually will end up losing voters? If so, we can't have that.

“Long road ahead ”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#23 Nov 16, 2013
About 3 days ago I met a Sheriff deputy in my front yard . I had a 12 gauge and a 38 S&w . I had no problems talking with the Officer , while holding firearms ! It was 11 pm , dark outside .
drink The hive

New York, NY

#24 Nov 16, 2013
A Civilization Based On Authority - And-Submission Is A Civilization Without The Mean' Of Self - Correction...

http://www.teamjimmyjoe.com/wp-content/upload...
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#25 Nov 16, 2013
My mail man doesn't come at 4 am. A Deputy Sheriff in my yard a 1 p m could easily explain what he is doing there. A drunken teen high on drugs has no valid reason to be on m property.
kev

Toledo, OH

#26 Nov 16, 2013
Everything will hopefully be explained in court proceedings. It is of course tragic that this lady was shot. Many more thing r apparent. Her blood alcohol level may have been near .3 or higher. She wasn't shot till almost 2 1/2 hours after accident. By the time it was taken was actually over 3 hours. Alcohol in blood dissipates each hour. Also it is miracle she didnt kill someone else including herself.
Nonetheless the homeowner has to prove his life was in danger.it will be interesting to hear his side. In some ways he contradicts through lawyer. Gun went off accidentally. Yet lawyer says he had right to kill. He could have closed door and dialed 911.this lady was obviously trying to avoid driving under influence charge. I feel for this girls family. The timeline hopefully will be more apparent. He will have chance to explain things if he chooses to defend his killing of this girl.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#27 Nov 16, 2013
What is it about people that makes them think they can go anywhere they want, any time they want without consequence? You should know better then to go on private property at 4 a m. If the accident had just happened there should have been a Police presence.
kev

Toledo, OH

#28 Nov 16, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
What is it about people that makes them think they can go anywhere they want, any time they want without consequence? You should know better then to go on private property at 4 a m. If the accident had just happened there should have been a Police presence.
Do u think his lawyer will use any part of these comments as defense? Everything should be revealed at trial.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#29 Nov 16, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
We do know the following facts in the case... It was 4 AM in the morning. The woman had a blood alcohol level of .22, which makes her very drunk. The woman had marijuana in her system, which makes her additionally deluded, mildly hallucinogenic and suffering thought disorders. The woman was fleeing the scene of an accident, where she had been driving DUI. We know the national press is intentionally hiding the autopsy report.
We also know that you a buffoonish airhead.

Location hidden

#30 Nov 16, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Wow, the paper left out the most important part of the story. Sorry, if you get high, and drunk don't come to my house at 4 a m. You will be shot. One of our last freedoms left is to protect ourselves, and our property. Don't mess with me or mine.
Stick it where the sun don't shine, whiskers.

Location hidden

#31 Nov 16, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Just stay off my property after 10 p m, because after that there are no guarantees I won't shot first, and explain later. I live in a small town, and many on the force attend my Church, so we have explained this to them. They recommend you let the bad guy come in then shoot them if you must. It just looks better.
Is it a church or a coven?

Location hidden

#32 Nov 16, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
This woman was already running from a crime scene, and who knows what she might have done given half a chance. She was high as a kite, and drunk on her butt. She was a danger to herself, and others. She was likely from Detroit, and Detroit has all but disbanded their police force because their politicians have stolen all the money. So it is every man for himself. I would have shot her too.
Are you proud of your narrow stupid bigoted little life?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#33 Nov 17, 2013
jwc3 wrote:
About 3 days ago I met a Sheriff deputy in my front yard . I had a 12 gauge and a 38 S&w . I had no problems talking with the Officer , while holding firearms ! It was 11 pm , dark outside .
You mean you didn't shoot him in the face through your locked screen door?

Oh, he must have been white...

Tawas City, Michigan

#34 Nov 17, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
My mail man doesn't come at 4 am. A Deputy Sheriff in my yard a 1 p m could easily explain what he is doing there. A drunken teen high on drugs has no valid reason to be on m property.
According to your previous statement they don't need a valid reason.

If they're black you can shoot them through your locked door and ask questions later.

Yep, open season on the black folk!

Tawas City, Michigan

#35 Nov 17, 2013
kev wrote:
Everything will hopefully be explained in court proceedings. It is of course tragic that this lady was shot. Many more thing r apparent. Her blood alcohol level may have been near .3 or higher. She wasn't shot till almost 2 1/2 hours after accident. By the time it was taken was actually over 3 hours. Alcohol in blood dissipates each hour. Also it is miracle she didnt kill someone else including herself.
Nonetheless the homeowner has to prove his life was in danger.it will be interesting to hear his side. In some ways he contradicts through lawyer. Gun went off accidentally. Yet lawyer says he had right to kill. He could have closed door and dialed 911.this lady was obviously trying to avoid driving under influence charge. I feel for this girls family. The timeline hopefully will be more apparent. He will have chance to explain things if he chooses to defend his killing of this girl.
I guess you didn't get the new NRA handbook.

If they're black you can just open fire regardless of the situation.

Yep, it's open season on the black folk!

Tawas City, Michigan

#36 Nov 17, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
I agree.

Them black girl scouts selling cookies better stay on the sidewalk and use a bullhorn to yell at houses.

Though I'm sure you think that would be justification to open fire on them as well.

kevin

Toledo, OH

#37 Nov 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
Them black girl scouts selling cookies better stay on the sidewalk and use a bullhorn to yell at houses.
Though I'm sure you think that would be justification to open fire on them as well.
U have got to be deranged. I certainly don't agree at all with your ridiculous comments. This seems threatening. What makes u say such things?have u ever been incarcerated or what is your background please

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#38 Nov 19, 2013
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>
U have got to be deranged. I certainly don't agree at all with your ridiculous comments. This seems threatening. What makes u say such things?have u ever been incarcerated or what is your background please
You obviously can't comprehend sarcastic humor, can you.

Finish school before playing with adults.
kevin

Toledo, OH

#39 Nov 19, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously can't comprehend sarcastic humor, can you.
Finish school before playing with adults.
There is a limited time and place fer sarcastic humor.this isn't one of them.sarcastic humor can many times still be considered highly inappropriate
kevin

Toledo, OH

#40 Nov 19, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one sick piece of shit!
He shot her through A LOCKED SCREEN DOOR YOU IMBECILE!
I hope someone does appear at your doorstep after 10 - then you'll do what this guy did, get locked up, charged with murder, and we woin't have to deal with you here anymore.
I guess this is your sarcastic humor that i would deal with if i were an adult?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biden associates resume discussion about presid... 3 min Synque 11
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Coffee Party 194,611
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Paul Porter1 171,935
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min dGo mDaedn lyHo i... 54,325
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 11 min I Am No One_ 10,955
News Can mentally ill wait? 13 min netruthteller 4
News NAACP's 'Journey for Justice' protest march beg... 18 min Cordwainer Trout 2
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min woodtick57 190,306
News Hillary Clinton is promising that all homes wil... 23 min Le Jimbo 63
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 34 min Bluestater 1,263,798
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr marvibodo 336,757
More from around the web