Democrats seek to give states say over marijuana, levy tax

There are 3 comments on the WTAX-AM Springfield story from Feb 5, 2013, titled Democrats seek to give states say over marijuana, levy tax. In it, WTAX-AM Springfield reports that:

The states would be free to decide whether to legalize marijuana without running afoul of federal law but would require purchasers to pay federal taxes on its sale under legislation being proposed by two Democratic lawmakers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTAX-AM Springfield.

Way to ensure failure

Puyallup, WA

#1 Feb 5, 2013
That's it folks, tax the crap out of it. Make it more expensive than the black market so the corner dealer stays in business.. Do so, that way you can say legalization failed. When will people learn? My guess is, with our government thugs, never would be the correct guess. Just legalize and keep your hands out of the pot (no pun intended), doing otherwise will only make things worse. Wisen-up folks...
Way to ensure failure

United States

#2 Feb 5, 2013
Also, what a wonderful way to grow government again... after all, we will need to a thousands of employees to 'monitor' the establishments, auditors, auditors for the IRS, teams to raid those not in compliance, licensing personnel, testers to ensure whatnots such as thc content etc, interstate border enforcement... the list grows quickly along with the costs associated. What a waste the dems are proposing... again, legalize and keep your hands out of the pot.
jason

Conroe, TX

#3 Feb 8, 2013
I agree, he is correct

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 44 min someone else 1,061
News From Hurricane Katrina to Howard University, a ... 45 min Le Jimbo 7
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 45 min Bluestater 1,223,654
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 46 min neveratfault 444
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 47 min Le Jimbo 180,174
News Obama turns up heat on climate change debate in... 47 min Earthling-1 189
News Bristol Palin to marry U.S. Medal of Honor winn... 52 min Tazo 1,073
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 hr Quirky 326,056
News Rand Paul: Societal problems in Baltimore inclu... 5 hr serfs up 152
More from around the web