Scientists agree on climate change. S...

Scientists agree on climate change. So why doesn't everyone else?

There are 138 comments on the The Washington Post story from May 18, 2013, titled Scientists agree on climate change. So why doesn't everyone else?. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

That stat comes from this extensive new survey led by John Cook and Dana Nuccitelli, who run the Skeptical Science website .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: May 13

Des Moines, IA

#1 May 18, 2013
Conservatives dont believe because they tend to be uneducated and low IQ. Not to be mean but this is expected because science proves without absolute certantly that most conservatives are inbred...they enjoy having children with their parents and siblings. Its gross to us but to them its perfectly fine and they believe its in the constitution. it's their right to [email protected] their sisters.

Since: May 13

Des Moines, IA

#2 May 18, 2013
^^^ i mean "with absolute scientific certainty"
Punisher

Yonkers, NY

#3 May 18, 2013
Its because Americans have simply not adopted a caring attitude towards our collective environment. Sure there are those on the fringes, the extreme Environmentalists, the Tree-huggers the Conservatives love to vilify, all the self-righteous Vegans and PETA sycophants, etc, etc...who are the LEFT of the left, etc...along with some serious others like true hunters and outdoor sportspeople...

But its the general population that has a serious malaise about the overall environment/s we all share. Be it smokers who continue to use the world they travel as their own ashtray, people who dump their garbage in Box-store parking lots, landscapers who dump stuff all over parkways, your neighbors who dump their toxins in the street, or their yards that seep in to the aquifers...etc, etc...Americans just dont give a shyte about the environment because like so many other things that get no attention, its always been there, and they dont believe they can have an impact on it.

Americans don't truly view anything in a collective sense, its always in a selfish way. How does this impact me, how does this please me, how does this make me feel. The only time Americans ever gather 'round anything is when tragedy strikes, and even then its short-lived. As soon as it gets too much about the group, the collective, they scoot back to their holes for some more self-pleasuring...

Sooner or later this self-centered nature will come home to roost and the nation as a whole will suffer greatly...and I think we can already see the early stages of it...
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#4 May 18, 2013

“Way down, in Columbus Georgia”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#5 May 18, 2013
Yeah and they all believed back in the 80's we'd be relegated to living indoors now because of the holes in the ozone.
Science has become a bulwark of the pride and arrogance of man.
No one in the scientific community makes mistakes anymore.
I am reminded of the NASA scientist who noted that the icecaps on Mars are receding more every year yet this didn't fit the program and he was ostracized and shunned, how can there be MAN MADE global warming on Mars?
Just as we find that if the data doesn't fit the template, it is changed.
Modern science is becoming the hoax because they determine the result first, then collect only the data to support it.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#6 May 18, 2013
Patriot wrote:
the bible is full of proven lies... you perpetuate those lies of your cult...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#7 May 18, 2013
last i heard, the majority of scientist did not agree. and here in Colorado, the climate can change in an hour.

and even if it is happening, as an ex-scientist. i would not accept their, hearsay reasoning for it.

you can't just say like, it didn't rain today. so it must be due, to climate change.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#8 May 18, 2013
can you say east anglia university?
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#9 May 18, 2013
Not everyone else is a scientist.
Most everyone else has an opinion based on pure ignorance.
Shalom

Pittsfield, MA

#10 May 18, 2013
If it was so important Al Jazeera Gore would never have made the deal with big oil. You fkn liberals don't know your ass from a hole in a donut and can only talk about the next thunderstorm, abortion, gun heist, or fudge packing session. You all should be fired and sent to jewland.
3 posts removed
John Galt

Sanford, FL

#14 May 18, 2013
Punisher wrote:
Its because Americans have simply not adopted a caring attitude towards our collective environment. Sure there are those on the fringes, the extreme Environmentalists, the Tree-huggers the Conservatives love to vilify, all the self-righteous Vegans and PETA sycophants, etc, etc...who are the LEFT of the left, etc...along with some serious others like true hunters and outdoor sportspeople...
But its the general population that has a serious malaise about the overall environment/s we all share. Be it smokers who continue to use the world they travel as their own ashtray, people who dump their garbage in Box-store parking lots, landscapers who dump stuff all over parkways, your neighbors who dump their toxins in the street, or their yards that seep in to the aquifers...etc, etc...Americans just dont give a shyte about the environment because like so many other things that get no attention, its always been there, and they dont believe they can have an impact on it.
Americans don't truly view anything in a collective sense, its always in a selfish way. How does this impact me, how does this please me, how does this make me feel. The only time Americans ever gather 'round anything is when tragedy strikes, and even then its short-lived. As soon as it gets too much about the group, the collective, they scoot back to their holes for some more self-pleasuring...
Sooner or later this self-centered nature will come home to roost and the nation as a whole will suffer greatly...and I think we can already see the early stages of it...
you sound a little bit communist to me. We don't live in a "collective",My property does not belong to you.....I will not be joining the group....leave me alone or there will be hell to pay.
John Galt

Sanford, FL

#15 May 18, 2013
Scientists are wrong sometimes.....this is one of those times.......I live to resist arrogant control freaks,who seek to dominate the lives of others....climate change is far from settled fact,I think it's a scam to seek control over many by a few,many of us are not as easily fooled as some of you wish we were....so get lost!
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#16 May 18, 2013
What do HAARP, Chemtrails, and Global Warming all have in common?

The global warming scam

So what to do? Want to make a bit of money by creating a global warming scam? Spray a few chemtrails, melt a bit of ice, take a picture of a polar bear surrounded by water, and WALLA! a global warming crisis that can be used to manipulate the public into accepting a carbon tax for breathing. Or how about creating storms that wipe out cities that can be rebuilt in a more pleasing manner for the rich and powerful? You could wipe out local farming communities by creating drought in certain areas, declare a particular fish endangered, then take the farmersÂ’ water in the name of ecology, and allow them to go bankrupt. The land could then be used for a more suitable purpose such as a wildlife preserve so that the rich and powerful can have a playground.

The possibilities are endless, and the cost? Well, the American people can pay for it with their tax dollars. The ramifications? What are a few billion deaths from chemical poisoning, starvation, malnutrition, and disease? Why, a much needed benefit, of course. After all, according to the Georgia Guidestones, the population needs to be reduced to 500 million so the rich and powerful New World Order mafia could control the "herd" more easily.

http://farmwars.info/...
Casey

Minneapolis, MN

#17 May 18, 2013
Scientists who's livelihoods depend on this junk science, and have no ethics.
Walter Harold Marlin

Mount Holly, NJ

#18 May 18, 2013
When ice cubes melt in water the water cools first then it gets warmer. uh...i dunno

Will melting ice cause water level to rise?

Sasha - Magnetic North
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.ferrocarbon.it/deliv_b.html

?
Walter Harold Marlin

Mount Holly, NJ

#19 May 18, 2013
Jim

Smithville, MO

#20 May 18, 2013
_WaitWhat_ wrote:
Conservatives dont believe because they tend to be uneducated and low IQ. Not to be mean but this is expected because science proves without absolute certantly that most conservatives are inbred...they enjoy having children with their parents and siblings. Its gross to us but to them its perfectly fine and they believe its in the constitution. it's their right to [email protected] their sisters.
What a crock of crap. Liberals are not educated they are indoctrinated. I am a Conservative and I have yet to met a Liberal more intelligent then me. Your post here proves you are one of the most ignorant people I have ever encountered. In fact I think you are projecting your frustration at your parents since after the were divorced they were still brother and sister.
Jim

Smithville, MO

#21 May 18, 2013
Scientist do not all agree on climate change. Left wing scientist who agree that people need to be controlled agree on it. There are tons of scientists out there that agree that climate change is a complete crock and lie.

The biggest proponent of this lie is Al "I sold my network to a company financed by big oil" Gore. He flies around in his jet that uses more fuel in one trip from coast to coast then the average car uses in year.

Another big hypocrite is Barbara "I have a $8000 a month electric for my multi million dollar mansion, but you common people need to turn your AC up in the summer to save energy" Streisand.

Or Cheryl "we all need to use only one piece of toilet paper to wipe our dirty ass" Crowe. Another left wing pile of crap.

Anyone that believes in climate change is a brain dead idiot.
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#22 May 18, 2013
What's happens when you just go Dah Duh....

http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#23 May 18, 2013
Gary wrote:
Not everyone else is a scientist.
Most everyone else has an opinion based on pure ignorance.
rabbee: oh i have met plenty of other scientists, whose opinions were based in pure ignorance also. and there is one thing, i have observed as an ex-scientist. stupidity rules, the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Dr Guru 231,037
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Aquarius-WY 1,458,530
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 1 min TomInElPaso 2,085
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 min petrol 4,696
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min freebird 403,803
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 10 min TRUMP WINNERS 22,459
News Dictionary.com's word of the year: "Xenophobia" 12 min Captain Yesterday 21
News This election has divided the country. Getting ... 15 min Lawrence Wolf 1,025
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min Carl Childers 253,199
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 3 hr Philosophic 190
More from around the web