Obama steps into another racially cha...

Obama steps into another racially charged incident

There are 173 comments on the The Washington Post story from Aug 15, 2014, titled Obama steps into another racially charged incident. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

For President Barack Obama, the intersection of race and the law has revealed both the pitfalls and the power of wading into these delicate matters as the nation's first black president.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1 Aug 15, 2014
Police chief rips Obama remarks
By Mario Trujillo

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/n...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

'DISCUSSING TACTICS FROM MARTHA'S VINEYARD NOT HELPFUL'...
1 post removed

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#3 Aug 15, 2014
An unarmed young man was run down and gunned down as he held his hands in the sky… the police left his body uncovered on the street for 15 minutes and then covered there for hours. The police refused to have an open investigation as they went back on revealing information, so the people protested peacefully and then the police came out in battle gear. Then there was unrest and the victim’s grandfather asked Al Sharpton to come in and when he did he called for calm and that Tuesday night there was calm… then the police came out and shot tear gas into crowds of peaceful protesters and did everything to prevent the press from covering the situation to the point of arresting two journalist.

The President Obama gave a press conference and told the police to back off their heavy-handed tactic and called for calm from the people… and the state made changes in police leadership and then we had people and the police marching together…

Thank God we the people elected President Obama!

Now let’s get to finding out what happened in the murder of that unarmed teenager.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#4 Aug 15, 2014
Throughout America there is African American venomous criminal acts against Caucasian Americans without accusations of racist reasons. The totalitarian state is expanding as one reason because of this. So maybe we can find out what happened in the abusive assaults and murders of the unarmed sucker taxpayers footing the bill to keep the inner city communities vibrant in their peacock ways. But in progressive America protective groups are so innocent. Please let us all condemn the real criminals who are criminals. So Reverend Al is okay and the sociopath law enforcement officer is okay also by the laws passed and the suckers in the middle pay the freight.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Aug 15, 2014
was this kid also going for skittles when shot? If Obama had a son, would he look like this kid?

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#6 Aug 15, 2014
serfs up wrote:
Throughout America there is African American venomous criminal acts against Caucasian Americans without accusations of racist reasons. The totalitarian state is expanding as one reason because of this. So maybe we can find out what happened in the abusive assaults and murders of the unarmed sucker taxpayers footing the bill to keep the inner city communities vibrant in their peacock ways. But in progressive America protective groups are so innocent. Please let us all condemn the real criminals who are criminals. So Reverend Al is okay and the sociopath law enforcement officer is okay also by the laws passed and the suckers in the middle pay the freight.
It is pathetic how right-wingers like you bring so much convoluted stupidity into a discussion that has absolutely nothing to do with what you were talking about in an effort to dilute the subject matterthat is up for discussion on this thread, moreover to divert from the overall subject matter of an unarmed black teenager who had his hands in the air being gunned down by a white police officer. Your thinking is exactly why you've lost your country.
1 post removed
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Aug 15, 2014
Topix' usual racists are exploiting this discussion as just another Klan rally opportunity. They seem completely oblivious to how foolish their hateful behavior makes them look to more normal folks. Worst of all, they're actually proud of their behavior and chuckle amongst themselves about how clever and humorous they feel. They readily seek some sense of self-worth at the expense of those they belittle, defame and deride.
you people

Villanova, PA

#9 Aug 15, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
It is pathetic how right-wingers like you bring so much convoluted stupidity into a discussion that has absolutely nothing to do with what you were talking about in an effort to dilute the subject matterthat is up for discussion on this thread, moreover to divert from the overall subject matter of an unarmed black teenager who had his hands in the air being gunned down by a white police officer. Your thinking is exactly why you've lost your country.


I don't get it patty,in Chicago, black kids kill each other every day and blacks say nothing,a white cop kills a black kid and blacks riot,could it be that blacks just want to get free flat screen TV's and free shoes? or it's just in their blood to riot? Black people will never change,they want every thing free from the Goverment,they have no pride,thank God I'm white...There's no bigger Racist then that negro from New York Al (stir the pot,riot blacks,riot) Sharpton...
1 post removed
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#11 Aug 15, 2014
And yet, HUNDREDS of black deaths in his own town of Chicago, go without a blink from the President.

Week after weekend, deaths and shootings on the streets of Chicago are never mentioned.

Obama only jumps on deaths that are given HUGE MEDIA attention -- then he grabs the lime light.

But for his people in Chicago --- <crickets>

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#12 Aug 15, 2014
Not First Black President wrote:
Obama has done more to divide America along racial lines since George Wallace. Besides everyone knows that by his actions Bill Clinton (the poon-tang prez) was really our first black president . In contrast Obama by his actions our first gay one.
He has divided us by racial, gender, incomes and sexual preference. He's the Divider in Chief.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#13 Aug 15, 2014
you people wrote:
<quoted text> negro
What generation are you from?

You are right - if every gun murder in our country received the same publicity and energy as this one, there would be no time to do anything else.

But, dear, you know why this one is more "newsworthy" right?

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#14 Aug 15, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
An unarmed young man was run down and gunned down as he held his hands in the sky… the police left his body uncovered on the street for 15 minutes and then covered there for hours. The police refused to have an open investigation as they went back on revealing information, so the people protested peacefully and then the police came out in battle gear. Then there was unrest and the victim’s grandfather asked Al Sharpton to come in and when he did he called for calm and that Tuesday night there was calm… then the police came out and shot tear gas into crowds of peaceful protesters and did everything to prevent the press from covering the situation to the point of arresting two journalist.

The President Obama gave a press conference and told the police to back off their heavy-handed tactic and called for calm from the people… and the state made changes in police leadership and then we had people and the police marching together…

Thank God we the people elected President Obama!

Now let’s get to finding out what happened in the murder of that unarmed teenager.
Your lies are getting just too funny.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#15 Aug 15, 2014
kuda wrote:
Topix' usual racists are exploiting this discussion as just another Klan rally opportunity. They seem completely oblivious to how foolish their hateful behavior makes them look to more normal folks. Worst of all, they're actually proud of their behavior and chuckle amongst themselves about how clever and humorous they feel. They readily seek some sense of self-worth at the expense of those they belittle, defame and deride.
Kuda, it is called an inferiority complex and those folks suffer from it in bucketfulls!

No cure!

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#16 Aug 15, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>It is pathetic how right-wingers like you bring so much convoluted stupidity into a discussion that has absolutely nothing to do with what you were talking about in an effort to dilute the subject matterthat is up for discussion on this thread, moreover to divert from the overall subject matter of an unarmed black teenager who had his hands in the air being gunned down by a white police officer. Your thinking is exactly why you've lost your country.
Tell us again why you are the only cross culture that riots, steals and destroys others property every time you have a hissy fit.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#17 Aug 15, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
f Obama had a son, would he look like this kid?
You are right - he was a handsome young man.

And off to college too ...
foster

Ashburn, VA

#18 Aug 15, 2014
serfs up wrote:
Throughout America there is African American venomous criminal acts against Caucasian Americans without accusations of racist reasons. The totalitarian state is expanding as one reason because of this. So maybe we can find out what happened in the abusive assaults and murders of the unarmed sucker taxpayers footing the bill to keep the inner city communities vibrant in their peacock ways. But in progressive America protective groups are so innocent. Please let us all condemn the real criminals who are criminals. So Reverend Al is okay and the sociopath law enforcement officer is okay also by the laws passed and the suckers in the middle pay the freight.
We spend more feeding and housing Southerners in those poor wastelands down south in rural areas than residents in the inner city.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#19 Aug 15, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>What generation are you from?

You are right - if every gun murder in our country received the same publicity and energy as this one, there would be no time to do anything else.

But, dear, you know why this one is more "newsworthy" right?
Jesse and Al need money.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#20 Aug 15, 2014
Eleanor wrote:
--- <crickets>
Boy, this cop shooting is in the news and you folks would be screeching and squeeeeeeeling if he had not "jumped" on this issue.

Next ...
1 post removed

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#22 Aug 15, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>We spend more feeding and housing Southerners in those poor wastelands down south in rural areas than residents in the inner city.
Lie
foster

Ashburn, VA

#23 Aug 15, 2014
Trayvon Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Either the kid or the cop that did his duty and shot him.
A cop shooting an unarmed man in the back is murder. Any threat of harm is retreating when you can see their back.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#24 Aug 15, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie
You'd like that to be a lie, but the evidence is solid over the last 50 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,395,186
News Welcome to the Ultimate Hold-Your-Nose Election 1 min Denny CranesPlace 4
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 1 min southern at heart 1,129
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Chimney1 199,330
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Rogue Scholar 05 216,738
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 5 min Denny CranesPlace 6,626
News Democrats stage sit-in, shut down chamber overa 5 min DC Dave 56
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 28 min Sharrp Shooter 388,089
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr Chicagoan by Birth 3,450
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 2 hr Sara 273
More from around the web