3rd person dies after Guntersville rollover crash

There are 16 comments on the Clover Herald story from Jul 15, 2013, titled 3rd person dies after Guntersville rollover crash. In it, Clover Herald reports that:

County Coroner Marlon Killion said 19-year-old John Lawson of Guntersville, 21-year-old Blake Keener, of Albertville, 18-year-old Ruben Pacheco, and an unidentified 13-year-old girl were killed in the crash Sunday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Clover Herald.

peter

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#1 Jul 16, 2013
Sad story,but these kids need to learn to make better choices.9 people on the back of this truck,speeding was just stupid. I bet any amount of money drugs were involved.
Crystal

Albertville, AL

#2 Jul 17, 2013
If you don't know don't say anything... these kids were good kids that have lived their lives like any and every teenager over the years has done, which is enjoyed life to the fullest. So please don't assume it makes an ass out of you..
Jeff

Arab, AL

#3 Jul 17, 2013
Speed kills....
Bobbie Jo

South Haven, MI

#4 Jul 17, 2013
peter wrote:
Sad story,but these kids need to learn to make better choices.9 people on the back of this truck,speeding was just stupid. I bet any amount of money drugs were involved.
I bet drugs weren't involved. Watch what you say the 13 year old was my cousin. Find out all the facts before you run your mouth.
fed up

Lewisburg, WV

#5 Jul 17, 2013
All the girls were underage all the boys were 18 and above who's watching their kids
fed up

Lewisburg, WV

#6 Jul 17, 2013
Seems to be a common thing going on older boys praying on young stupid girls
fed up

Lewisburg, WV

#7 Jul 17, 2013
Bobbie Jo wrote:
<quoted text> I bet drugs weren't involved. Watch what you say the 13 year old was my cousin. Find out all the facts before you run your mouth.
again I say what is a 13yr old doing running around with 21yr old boys
Jeff

Arab, AL

#8 Jul 22, 2013
FedUp... I agree, why was a 13 year old girl out with a bunch of thugs?
peter

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#9 Jul 27, 2013
Crystal wrote:
If you don't know don't say anything... these kids were good kids that have lived their lives like any and every teenager over the years has done, which is enjoyed life to the fullest. So please don't assume it makes an ass out of you..
Good kids dont jam pack 9 people in the back of a pick up. It was a dum thing to do. Sorry it happened to them,but you need to face the facts.Plus they were speeding with people on the back,and thats just illresponsible.
peter

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#10 Jul 27, 2013
Bobbie Jo wrote:
<quoted text> I bet drugs weren't involved. Watch what you say the 13 year old was my cousin. Find out all the facts before you run your mouth.
hey Bobbie Jo sorry for your loss,but it was just illresponsible of them to be doing that. An like someone else said what was a 21yr old and a 13 yr old doing togeather anyway. Agian sorry for you loss,but I can say whatever I want to
Anonymous

United States

#11 Aug 7, 2013
They were racing the Cobalt. Acting fools. Way over 70-80 mph. Alcohol was involved.
julie ann bryant

Somerset, KY

#12 Aug 8, 2013
im the aunt of blake keener who was killed in that accident and there was no alcohol involved in that accident it was a group of teenagers who had gone swimming and this accident happened ! al had no state law that it is wrong for any one to ride in the back of a truck ! yes they were all good kids crystal! there was teens from all age groups my mother in law lost her son and these familys of the other 3 victims lost their son are daughter please you don't know the whole story so do not sit in judgement or place blame show some kindness to these families what would the story be if this would have been one of your family members !
u dont know Peter

Birmingham, AL

#13 Aug 24, 2013
Jeff wrote:
FedUp... I agree, why was a 13 year old girl out with a bunch of thugs?
U have no idea what your talking about .. these kids were not thugs!! Get your facts straight idiot!!!!
Sandy

Gadsden, AL

#14 Aug 25, 2013
First of all, I wasn't there and I don't know everything that happened. However, these are KIDS we're talking about. The last time I checked Kids are irresponsible. THEY ARE KIDS. And no, no drugs or alcohol was involved. But there were four kids that died. There families will never see them grow up, get married or have kids. This was a tragedy that I wish never happened. But think about it for a minute, what if it were your child. How would you feel about people that don't know what their talking about to get on here and run their mouth. It's a sad situation in which, here over a month later some of those kids are still healing and in rehab. Instead of running your mouth, how about praying for all the families involved and the survivors.
anonymous

Tucker, GA

#15 Aug 25, 2013
Shows how much u know idiot alcohol was not involvedor drugs
Anonymous wrote:
They were racing the Cobalt. Acting fools. Way over 70-80 mph. Alcohol was involved.
anonymous

Gadsden, AL

#16 Aug 28, 2013
there were no drugs or alcohol involved... don't know about why young girls were with older guys, but one of the older guys was with his fiance'!!!! all 9 in the truck was not in the bed of truck that number included the the driver of the truck and the other 3 passengers in the cab.. Plz have respect for the families and stop all this commenting on stuff u have heard as rumors!! the lives of young adults have been lost and some lives have been changed forever from this tradgedy!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Archives show Hillary Clinton OK'd tax breaks f... 3 min Synque 12
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,231,766
How Should the US Government Respond to ISIS? (Sep '14) 13 min sandy1 3,486
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 14 min messianic114 163,612
News New abortion controversy hits Congress 17 min The Ace of Spades 64
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 min State the Obvious 309,849
News Hispanic Evangelicals Threaten To Abandon Repub... 19 min serfs up 38
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 19 min _White American_ 328,216
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 38 min HILLARY 2016 182,198
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 42 min Righteous 1,915
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 189,579
More from around the web