President Trump touts new plan for vi...

President Trump touts new plan for victory in Afghanistan

There are 127 comments on the New York Daily News story from Aug 21, 2017, titled President Trump touts new plan for victory in Afghanistan. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

Saddled by low approval ratings and beset by nagging scandal, President Trump asked Americans Monday to back his plan to stay the course in Afghanistan and prolong the nation's longest war. "But all my life I've heard that decisions are much different when you sit behind the desk in the Oval Office, in other words, when you're President of the United States.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Holy Guacamole

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Aug 21, 2017
"But all my life I've heard that decisions are much different when you sit behind the desk in the Oval Office, in other words, when you're President of the United States."

We know everything you said during the campaign was hot air. It was obvious. Well, maybe not to Caitlyn Jenner, who isn't terribly bright, but to everyone else it was obvious. They just wanted their racist dog whistles more than any hint of reality.
Red Crosse

Wilmington, IL

#2 Aug 21, 2017
Imagine a President smart enough to go on T V and refuse to tell the enemy our every move so he can get our people killed. President Trump is so much smarter then the last 2 Presidents we had.
WorseCaseofIt

Fort Collins, CO

#3 Aug 21, 2017
Trump is not a career politician either. He doesn't have to follow the party script of bs. He has his own script and that is why so many politicians sees Trump as an outsider.

A career politician might even say he/she could swim the Atlantic Ocean with both arms tired behind them.
bottlecap

Clearwater, FL

#4 Aug 21, 2017
I was hoping that as a TRUMP supporter, that he would end US involvement in that war. Rand Paul spoke out against it and stated the obvious that all our lives and treasure could have been better spent.

What I did like was

1) Calling out Pakistan on their harboring of terrorists & tying that to BILLIONS we are giving them.

2) Calling out the Afghan Government to do more OR all agreements are off....no ongoing US support if they don't do more

3) Asking and expecting help from India in that region.

4) Asking and expecting MORE help from NATO in that region.

5) Not requiring that Afghanistan adopt a Western Style of Government, but rather develop a government consistent with their culture.

&

6) Most important of all that he addressed the issue, shaking up the status quo. God knows that the CORPORATE FASCIST MSM could care less about the war, as long as the military industrial complex is making money.

Since: Mar 17

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Aug 22, 2017
Trump Doctrine. This doctrine sounds more like what professional soldiers would advise the civilian leadership when conducting war. I give POTUS credit for listening to the leaders.

Our military leadership understands how the world is and has transformed the attitude of POTUS from his mistaken beliefs as a candidate. That had to been a major undertaking in itself and proves those leaders can make the doctrine work.

bottlecap

Clearwater, FL

#6 Aug 22, 2017
No matter what somebody thinks of TRUMP''''

the PRESIDENT has put this Afganistan War on the Front Burner.
Common Sense

Matthews, NC

#7 Aug 22, 2017
Red Crosse wrote:
Imagine a President smart enough to go on T V and refuse to tell the enemy our every move so he can get our people killed. President Trump is so much smarter then the last 2 Presidents we had.
Yeah, that's why he looked directly at the sun without eye protection during the eclipse.

Trump will only get to claim credit when he actually accomplishes something concerning Afghanistan.

And don't forget, Trump divulged secret information to the Russians IN THE WHITE HOUSE ON CAMERA that compromised the safety of spies in Israel.

So, no, Trump isn't too concerned about the safety of anyone but his family.

And they have used up the budget for the Secret service for the entire year and it is just AUGUST.

His salary donation wouldn't begin to cover the money he and his family have wasted thus far.

Thanks for less than zero.
Putins Glock Holster

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#8 Aug 22, 2017
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>

Yeah, that's why he looked directly at the sun without eye protection during the eclipse.

Trump will only get to claim credit when he actually accomplishes something concerning Afghanistan.

And don't forget, Trump divulged secret information to the Russians IN THE WHITE HOUSE ON CAMERA that compromised the safety of spies in Israel.

So, no, Trump isn't too concerned about the safety of anyone but his family.

And they have used up the budget for the Secret service for the entire year and it is just AUGUST.

His salary donation wouldn't begin to cover the money he and his family have wasted thus far.

Thanks for less than zero.
trump is not all bad......
He was really nice to those Nazi guys, and David Duke.
He gets in 65 rounds of golf a week, a rate that is sure to break all records, believe me.
Retribution

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Aug 22, 2017
Red Crosse wrote:
He's just another coward who squirmed out of Vietnam sending other American's children in to war in distance place and not one of his kids are willing to go.
bottlecap

Clearwater, FL

#10 Aug 22, 2017
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>

FAIR Enough. But Afghanistan was off the radar of the MSM and therefore off the radar of the American People. The status quo in Afghanistan is stretching our military very thin, costing lives and treasure and the war has no end in sight.

Yes, as long as the military industrial complex is making money, the MSM was content because they work for the same consortium. Now, that TRUMP has put the Afghan War front and center, there is a much better chance to end it.
Red Crosse

Wilmington, IL

#11 Aug 22, 2017
Yes, he is just the man who will win this war, and hopefully we never have another Commander in Chief like the last one that telegraphed his every move to our enemy.
Retribution

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Aug 22, 2017
bottlecap wrote:
I was hoping that as a TRUMP supporter, that he would end US involvement in that war. Rand Paul spoke out against it and stated the obvious that all our lives and treasure could have been better spent.

What I did like was

1) Calling out Pakistan on their harboring of terrorists & tying that to BILLIONS we are giving them.

2) Calling out the Afghan Government to do more OR all agreements are off....no ongoing US support if they don't do more

3) Asking and expecting help from India in that region.

4) Asking and expecting MORE help from NATO in that region.

5) Not requiring that Afghanistan adopt a Western Style of Government, but rather develop a government consistent with their culture.

&

6) Most important of all that he addressed the issue, shaking up the status quo. God knows that the CORPORATE FASCIST MSM could care less about the war, as long as the military industrial complex is making money.
Afghanistan and Pakistan are corrupt governments. America pay Pakistan for passage over their land used as a supply route.

India doesn't have to involve themselves with the quagmire in Afghanistan. Trump's coercion of India could blow up in his face.

Doesn't seem Trump's doing anything original or what presidents before him didn't do. He's going to leave their poppie fields alone. The Afghanistan drug cartels could appreciate that.
bottlecap

Clearwater, FL

#13 Aug 22, 2017
Retribution wrote:
<quoted text>

He's just another coward who squirmed out of Vietnam sending other American's children in to war in distance place and not one of his kids are willing to go.
He is trying to end the war and bring our troops home...it is way past time for that.

And, he has lifted a heave burden off the Afghanistan Government that former Presidents required them to copy a Western form of a "democratic" government rather then one that fit their culture.
bottlecap

Clearwater, FL

#14 Aug 22, 2017
Retribution wrote:
<quoted text>

Afghanistan and Pakistan are corrupt governments. America pay Pakistan for passage over their land used as a supply route.

India doesn't have to involve themselves with the quagmire in Afghanistan. Trump's coercion of India could blow up in his face.

Doesn't seem Trump's doing anything original or what presidents before him didn't do. He's going to leave their poppie fields alone. The Afghanistan drug cartels could appreciate that.
TRUMP has complained about the BILLIONS going to Pakistan; about time somebody is thinking of the US Taxpayer.

India's BIGGEST security problem is that coming from ISLAMIC TERRORISTS. There is a brutal on-going war between Islam and the Hindu Religion. so they are already in that quagmire. If India balks, it gives TRUMP another reason to leave Afghanistan.

TRUMP is calling on others to support the US here, including the Afghan Government, if not it is bye bye.
bottlecap

Clearwater, FL

#15 Aug 22, 2017
Red Crosse wrote:
Yes, he is just the man who will win this war, and hopefully we never have another Commander in Chief like the last one that telegraphed his every move to our enemy.
The Afghan War was the only War that had any logic behind it, in the beginning.

Did Iraq attack the United States???? NO

Did Libya attack the United States???? NO

Dis Syria attack the United States???? NO

Afghanistan was harboring the terrorist group that attacked the US on 9-11. But that was long, long ago. TRUMP has decided to listen to the military commanders against his gut instincts to leave.
My guess he is giving them a short time frame to produce results.
NOM s Waffle House

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Aug 22, 2017
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
I was hoping that as a TRUMP supporter, that he would end US involvement in that war.
How stupid and gullible. Hilarious.
NOM s Waffle House

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Aug 22, 2017
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
The Afghan War was the only War that had any logic behind it, in the beginning.
That's because you zero depth of knowledge about what happened regarding Afghanistan both before and after 9/11, rube.
NOM s Waffle House

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Aug 22, 2017
FormerParatroope r wrote:
<quoted text>
Trump Doctrine. This doctrine sounds more like what professional soldiers would advise the civilian leadership when conducting war. I give POTUS credit for listening to the leaders.

Our military leadership understands how the world is and has transformed the attitude of POTUS from his mistaken beliefs as a candidate. That had to been a major undertaking in itself and proves those leaders can make the doctrine work.
You insufferable gasbag, whether it's 4000 more troops as trainers or 40000 more troops to prosecute some sort of military campaign that is not a new strategy over the tens and hundreds of thousands the US has had there for the past decade and a half.

Also, the level of commitment made with taxpayer dollars to some funding stream for the arms industry is, or should be, the public's business. You're a fascist, if a fascist who "watched the bbc" for his news.
bottlecap

Clearwater, FL

#19 Aug 22, 2017
NOM s Waffle House wrote:
<quoted text>

How stupid and gullible. Hilarious.
At least TRUMP is changing the Status Quo and his requests for improvements from Pakistan regarding rooting out terrorists and tying it to the BILLIONS we give them every year is appropriate.

He also asked for economic help from India and a greater role for NATO to play.

I believe that the Generals that argued and convinced President TRUMP to go this route have got to realize that results better show-up fairly quickly.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#20 Aug 22, 2017
Just watched Draft Donnie's Presidential

Address again. You could drive a small

truck, or the Dodge that Trump's Lemming

/ Minion used in Charlottesville, to try to

m&#956;rder innocents, through Donnie's vague

"Afghanistan Strategy." Those "bone spurs"

that helped Chickenhawk-In-Chief Donnie

dodge the Vietnam Draft appear to have

healed up nicely. I'd hate for Donnie to

miss playing one of those rounds of golf

he swore he wouldn't have time to play.

Lying hypocrites like Donnie are funny...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min swampmudd 1,799,742
Can a Trump supporter clarify this for me? 6 min Kent 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min puppy power 1 351,160
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min No Surprize 94,063
why it wouldn”t be Russia??? 11 min Kent 1
News Barack Obama is greatest president of our lifet... 22 min Chicagoan by Birth 62
News Trump's land of delusion 27 min American Independent 2,374