Sen. Elizabeth Warren: "I'm not runni...

Sen. Elizabeth Warren: "I'm not running for president in 2020"

There are 27 comments on the CBS News story from Mar 11, 2018, titled Sen. Elizabeth Warren: "I'm not running for president in 2020". In it, CBS News reports that:

Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts says she has no intention of running for president in 2020, but she also is leaving herself room to reconsider. Warren also did not explicitly pledge to complete a second six-year Senate term if she's re-elected in November.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jaysus Sharia

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Mar 11, 2018
That's plausible that she just doesn't feel like running for President. It could also mean, reassuringly, that she doesn't think she has or yet has the foreign policy experience to be President. A reason for her to not commit to completing another full term in the Senate is that there are offices such as Cabinet positions or VP. There's no tea leaves to read in her apparently judicious comments.

Dallas, TX

#2 Mar 11, 2018
Thank goodness. I don't think she thinks she has to have the foreign experience. She isn't running because she knows she can't win. Plain and simple.
Jaysus Sharia

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Mar 11, 2018
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank goodness. I don't think she thinks she has to have the foreign experience. She isn't running because she knows she can't win. Plain and simple.
She thinks she can't win at present, I bet. She definitely left the door open to higher office than her current US Senate seat.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#4 Mar 11, 2018
OMG!
Now that we're being subjected to reports of what Progressives won't do, there'll be no space left for real news.
1 post removed
Curious

Elkview, WV

#6 Mar 11, 2018
Jaysus Sharia wrote:
That's plausible that she just doesn't feel like running for President. It could also mean, reassuringly, that she doesn't think she has or yet has the foreign policy experience to be President. A reason for her to not commit to completing another full term in the Senate is that there are offices such as Cabinet positions or VP. There's no tea leaves to read in her apparently judicious comments.
Then there's that embarrassing subject of DNA. Years ago some legitimate native American was denied the spot she claimed. Only costs about $ 50 to swab the mouth and clear this up.
Jaysus Sharia

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Mar 11, 2018
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Only costs about $ 50 to swab the mouth and clear this up.
Sure, that's what you white supremacist [sic] freeeks said about that HI birth certificate...for a decade after that was cleared up.

In any event, many people who think they are white or European get surprised by their DNA heritiage results. I suppose it could happen for those who grow up thinking they're members of a minority ethnic heritage, too.

In other words, you're not smart enough to think through your posts, Birther.
Jaysus Sharia

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Mar 11, 2018
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!
Now that we're being subjected to reports of what Progressives won't do, there'll be no space left for real news.
Fox News Charnel can't stop talking about her. Now put your autism helmet back on and don't remove it again.
OccupyThis

Lakeport, CA

#9 Mar 11, 2018
Curious wrote:
<quoted text> Then there's that embarrassing subject of DNA. Years ago some legitimate native American was denied the spot she claimed. Only costs about $ 50 to swab the mouth and clear this up.
Pocahontas is whiter than the Pillsbury dough boy. This is why she's decided to try and now stay out of the spotlight. She would be shot down in flames easily for her lies and Hillary-like corruption.

She wants to be Washington's new Hillary! But now she's going to have to try and wait for all of this to pass....which of course, it won't.

Pocahontas should just do America (and herself) a favor and just resign already!
Ronald

Pomona, CA

#10 Mar 11, 2018
If Pocahontas is really an Indian, how come she speaks with a forked tongue?

Ronald

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11 Mar 12, 2018
Ronald wrote:
If Pocahontas is really an Indian, how come she speaks with a forked tongue?

Ronald
If that's the criterion, you must be a proctologist.

Location hidden

#12 Mar 12, 2018
I would like to announce that I too will not be seeking the presidency. Topix keeps me too busy.

Since: Oct 08

Atlanta, GA

#13 Mar 12, 2018
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
I would like to announce that I too will not be seeking the presidency. Topix keeps me too busy.
I was planning on voting for you, unless oprah ran. Did you know that if Oprah Winfrey married Deepak Chopra, she would be Oprah Chopra?

Location hidden

#14 Mar 12, 2018
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>

I was planning on voting for you, unless oprah ran. Did you know that if Oprah Winfrey married Deepak Chopra, she would be Oprah Chopra?
Gosh mister, you're so smart!

And if Quasimodo married Donald Trump (my eyes are tearing up), would their child be named Hump Trump?

Atlanta, GA

#15 Mar 12, 2018
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Gosh mister, you're so smart!

And if Quasimodo married Donald Trump (my eyes are tearing up), would their child be named Hump Trump?
what hump?( name that movie) that's an easy one, your late buddy was in it

Location hidden

#16 Mar 12, 2018
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>

what hump?( name that movie) that's an easy one, your late buddy was in it
Too easy! Peter Boyle and I would go to lunch from time to time. He always wanted to sit where he would be most noticeable. The lesson is, if you're insecure to start with, no amount of notoriety will change that.

Roswell, GA

#17 Mar 12, 2018
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Too easy! Peter Boyle and I would go to lunch from time to time. He always wanted to sit where he would be most noticeable. The lesson is, if you're insecure to start with, no amount of notoriety will change that.
would he let you buy, once in a while?

Location hidden

#18 Mar 12, 2018
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>

would he let you buy, once in a while?
No, the Big Mac was always on him.

Jes kidding. We treated one another as equals, since as it happens, we were. I guess we took turns footing the bill. Peter and I did some improvs together, which are recorded, but held privately.

Roswell, GA

#19 Mar 12, 2018
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>No, the Big Mac was always on him.

Jes kidding. We treated one another as equals, since as it happens, we were. I guess we took turns footing the bill. Peter and I did some improvs together, which are recorded, but held privately.
How much do you charge to play? how much do you charge NOT to play? that's a play, on an old Marx bros routine, but you knew that.

Roswell, GA

#20 Mar 12, 2018
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>No, the Big Mac was always on him.

were you the straight guy....metaphorically speaking? good cop,bad cop?

Location hidden

#21 Mar 12, 2018
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>

How much do you charge to play? how much do you charge NOT to play? that's a play, on an old Marx bros routine, but you knew that.
Yes, I did. I began mimicking Groucho since I was six years old.
Reminds me of another instance. A mother was asking me to listen to her little daughter playing the piano. When the dear little muppet finished, the mother asked me, "Well, what do you think of her execution?"
"What date is it set for?", I asked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Cheech the Conser... 1,846,839
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 min No more freedom o... 364,035
News Trump's land of delusion 13 min Chilli J 6,441
News Elizabeth Warren: DNA test shows strong likelih... 20 min spud 443
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 20 min Junos Rising Stars 110,644
News Trump criticizes rush to condemn Saudi Arabia o... 22 min American_Infidel 217
News Trump: Don't Blame Me If Republicans Lose House 26 min American_Infidel 66