Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#73267 Jun 25, 2013
John wrote:
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Sounds good so far...What is the evidence of a prime mover?
Being that it is impossible to prove a negative (Nobody can prove something does not exist) the ball seems to be in your court.

It is only possible to prove what does exist.
John wrote:
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing.
I don't have a narrative.

You are in luck! I am far from liberal. So, logic and rationality will work just fine with me.

Indeed I do have a standard of evidence that I hold people accountable to. For example...If someone tells me they are a police officer I would expect to see a badge and some I.D. along with issued equipment. I would also expect his name to be recognizable with a quick call to the local police dept.

Fair enough?

Something from nothing... BBT has been revised over the last few decades. The Universe sprang from a singularity which is not nothing. We are also coming to terms with the possibility of multiple universes.

Regardless, something from nothing is an everyday occurrence according to quantum mechanics.

Laurence Krauss has a new book out on just that subject.
John wrote:
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
This one is too easy.

Perhaps the big bang is what happens on the other side of a black hole.

The mathematics certainly fit.

A black hole (which is a singularity) eats the better part of a Universe...the mass becomes so immense that it actually tears through the fabric of space itself...and on the other end....BANG!

Everything you need to build a Universe... and recycled to boot!

The rest of your post was kind of gibberish to me...guess I needed to be there.

So...how did I do?
John

United States

#73268 Jun 25, 2013
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 13
John

United States

#73269 Jun 25, 2013
I thought you were here to answer the questions. Go back. Reread. Try again.

We will move on then. Although, it looks like you have nothing I haven't addressed before. This is the third time you have ignored the questions. One of them is a simple yes or no.

No evidence. No accountable position. Try not to skip steps would ya?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#73270 Jun 25, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there any theists that DONT lie about god being real?
I do not know of any.

I'll be happy to prove to them that their imaginary God does not exist when they are finished presenting all of their evidence that it does exist.

Of course mostly I like to quote the Bible to prove it can not be trusted because it is unreliable and contradictory.

2 PETER 2:9 ("...and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished"--KJ, JB, NWT, LV),

versus

("...and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment"--RS, ML, LB, AS, BBE, NEB, NAB, TEV, NAS, NI). Versions can't agree on whether punishment exists until the day of judgment or begins on the Day of Judgment.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#73271 Jun 25, 2013
John wrote:
How many astrophysicsts does it take to find the questions right in front of him?
I have a question:

1 COR. 7:36 AS,("But if a man thinketh that he behaveth himself unseemly toward his virgin daughter...and if need so requireth, let him do what he will; he sinneth not; let them marry")

Why do Christians believe it is OK for a father to marry his virgin daughter just because he thinks about molesting her?
John

United States

#73272 Jun 25, 2013
I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs any other accountable position of belief. Your entire forum is a nothing farce. I love watching you fight so hard for a supposed nonclaim.
Your whole narrative is reliant on God to have a voice. Logic and rationality are lost on liberal atheists. Do you have an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to?
How does a bigot measure the evidence for the following possibilities: prime mover, always was, something from nothing. Show your work.
You can't even make up an accountable position to debate vs a prime mover. The reason your forum won't engage is they realize just how futile their nonposition is.
Debate nothing with your other personalities. I don't debate nothing Stumpy.*20
Make sure to skip the questions. Nobody realizes just how helpless you are LOL. Questions...a-a-a-a

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#73273 Jun 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it's time to officially welcome you to Topix then.:P
Aww, thanks, I'm touched.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#73274 Jun 25, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
I have 400 posts!!!! Yippee kay yay!!!!!! Oh, and the troll is still whining over his burnt bridge.
There you go!

Clean living and smooth sailing from now on--guaranteed.

:)

(right?... heh)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#73275 Jun 25, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds good so far...What is the evidence of a prime mover?
Old Stump-Jonny will **never**,**ever** reply to this question.

He's been asked this 1000 times already over the years.

He never bothers a reply.

We suspect he either has no reply, or he dimly recognizes his reply constitutes ... magic.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#73276 Jun 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know of any.
I'll be happy to prove to them that their imaginary God does not exist when they are finished presenting all of their evidence that it does exist.
Of course mostly I like to quote the Bible to prove it can not be trusted because it is unreliable and contradictory.
2 PETER 2:9 ("...and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished"--KJ, JB, NWT, LV),
versus
("...and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment"--RS, ML, LB, AS, BBE, NEB, NAB, TEV, NAS, NI). Versions can't agree on whether punishment exists until the day of judgment or begins on the Day of Judgment.
Indeed, the ugly buybull is so chock full of misogyny, slavery, incest, rape, more incest, infanticide and even more heinous atrocity, that it could not possibly be from anything good.

And that it exists? Claiming to be the sole authority about god(s)?

Is proof there are **no** gods who are good and care about humanity.

The very existence of such an obviously evil book is proof of that.

What self-respecting god would suffer such as the fatally-flawed bible to even exist, sullying it's good name?

None would!

Only evil or indifferent gods would permit it to exist.

Indifferent gods are dismissed without further thought-- they may as well not exist anyhow.

Leaving evil gods-- who clearly don't exist. The slow but steady progress of human civilization is more than ample proof.
John

United States

#73277 Jun 25, 2013
You skipped the questions. Your silence exposes you realize that you have no evidence stronger than that of a prime mover.
Come on back when todays march is over. What's the object of your venom today?....St. Josephs orphanage?
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 14

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#73278 Jun 25, 2013
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 14
Your Jesus,(were he real) would say to you: "Satan, get thee behind me! I do not know you."

(you are unworthy of a more considered reply-- I'm just reminding you of your rampant and obvious hypocrisy)
John

United States

#73279 Jun 25, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 15
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#73280 Jun 25, 2013
You skipped my question - so by your standards of logic, you must f*ck kids.

Just like in the bible.
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 15

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, PA

#73281 Jun 25, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
This is another dishonest statement fabricated from the disturbed mind of a deluded atheist.
Assertions and insults seem to be all you are capable of.

Ooooh. I wonder how you will respond.

“My name is Trunks...”

the alternate future

#73282 Jun 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go!
Clean living and smooth sailing from now on--guaranteed.
:)
(right?... heh)
Not as long as the trolls are around. They'll make our lives heck. How's the weather where you live? It's raining where I live, Bob.

“My name is Trunks...”

the alternate future

#73283 Jun 25, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
I just judged you as incendiary, mean , and using spam, but I am not lying.
It's the atheists that do the slandering.
I'll repost examples to prove it.
Show me one example of a post where I slandered your religion. Dollarsbill, it's been you who's been judging everyone else around here, Christian or non-Christian. I'm sure everyone is getting sick of your bullying. It's time to stop judging people before you get to know them.

“My name is Trunks...”

the alternate future

#73284 Jun 25, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sock puppet.
I am not a sock. This is my only account.
John

United States

#73285 Jun 25, 2013
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 16

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

#73286 Jun 25, 2013
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. 16
Ohhh, I see...he's full of shit.

Go figure.

Would expect nothing more from a guy named after a toilet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News Delaware trooper fatally shot outside conv... 1 min davy 5
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min JRB 1,522,706
News Sen. Elizabeth Warren blasts Donald Trump's fir... 2 min INFIDEL 10
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min bad bob 46
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Injudgement 265,327
News 'Black Men For Bernie' Leader Now Backs Trump (Sep '16) 7 min INFIDEL 68
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 11 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 2,076
News Attorney General doesn't realize Hawaii is a state 1 hr CodeTalker 342
News Top StoryTrump tells young immigrants in US ill... 1 hr 07 Mustang 86
News Americans have rendered their verdict on the fi... 1 hr 07 Mustang 119
More from around the web