Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70657 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#70825 Apr 7, 2013
John.. I am glad you and I have had some civil conversations. I am concerned though that you share the behaviors of the YouTuber "shockofgod" who is known all over the Internet for his ignorance of the burden of proof and his nonsensical question asking "what proof and evidence do you have that atheism is accurate and correct?"

I know you are simply aiming at the origin of the universe.... But maybe you should simply ask atheists "what is the origin of the universe?" Then move on from there...

I Just offer this as a suggestion... Because shockofgod is even viewed as a joke by many Christians... Maybe even watch the responses to him so you can have an understanding of why he is dismissed as a troll.
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70826 Apr 7, 2013
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.)
Lincoln

United States

#70827 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Been John since page one and every post. Is this another diversion or another case of you thinking you are smarter than you are?
You loons go to great lengths to avoid your nothing. It's very amusing.
atheists "switch page reply" is in place of any evidence that atheism is on the march in the USA.
Been all down hill for atheists since the 1960s.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#70828 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Been John since page one and every post. Is this another diversion or another case of you thinking you are smarter than you are?
You loons go to great lengths to avoid your nothing. It's very amusing.
We've shown you are not above lying before.

this is what cults are based on...lies. you HAVE to lie to support your faith as it is based on lies.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#70829 Apr 7, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence about atheist in power in communist Romania is all over the web.
Romania has a very very high percentage of people of faith. what are those people of faith doing now? more killing? they don't have very strong morals, those faithful.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70830 Apr 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
Absolutely Robert, continue the assault on this idiot! I can't bring myself to respond to this mammal - actually he doesn't deserve any response.

I consider this a study in stupidity and ignorance.
And John has this in spades! I doubt he attends any church but if he did and they saw any of his responses they throw him out of his ear.

I skip down to the next name that doesn't say John. occasionally, with you being the exception, i don't read any response to John.

This guy is a bottom feeder that craves attention and I'm not in the business of feeding these juvenile minds. I prefer to let them copy paste away.

I know you enjoy trouncing this cretin however.

He has nothing to say hence the endless copy paste besides I doubt he understands anything that anyone on this forum posts.

Seething hatred is all he has.

John is a total waste of time and effort

if there were a god - she's probably saying boy I screwed this one up royally! Even my pal Satan won't have anything to do with him.
I see my responses to John as a kind of performance-art.

In repeating the exact same response each day, to several of his?

I am tacitly criticizing his entire body of posts, by sarcastically mimicking his style.

Of course, that level of subtly is way beyond his reasoning skillset, but it does amuse me.

For now.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70831 Apr 7, 2013
John K wrote:
Sorry about the double post.
I read it twice-- it was worth it, both times.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70832 Apr 7, 2013
John K wrote:
I don't make the case that there is no god. I just say that as of yet I have no evidence that god or gods exist. Just like I don't have any evidence for ghost or the monster under my bed, or fairies, or Jin's or angels or any of a number of things. If evidence comes about that can be investigated in the same manor that cancer or neutrinos can be then I would be more than happy to investigate. But wasting time contemplating things that I have no evidence for is a waste of time. I am an atheist because I know of no valid evidence for gods. Gods may exist or they may not exist but with no real information to go on it is useless to even worry about. I have plenty of evidence that religions are made up by humans. So I am fairly certain that there is no valid religions.
What do you want us to do? You keep wanting me to answer your question but I have already told you that your question is meaningless. I have already stated that I don't know what caused creation the universe other than possibly energy, and that is based only off of the evidence available. What more could you want? This is as honest of an answer as I can give.
Well stated-- and I agree completely-- there is no reason to believe in any gods....

... so far.

But I'm not waiting for proof--after this long, it seems safe to presume there never will be any proof for a god.

Alas, Nothing-John cannot read... so your worthy posts are lost on him.

For proof?

He will not say ONE THING in reply to you...

:D

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70833 Apr 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
‘God Is Great, Hang the Atheist Bloggers!’: Hundreds of Thousands Rally in Bangladesh for Anti-Blasphemy Laws ... Hundreds of thousands of hardline Islamists rallied in Bangladesh’s capital on Saturday to demand authorities enact anti-blasphemy laws punishing bloggers and those believed to have insulted Islam.“God is great – hang the atheist bloggers!” some chanted, according to the Agence France-Presse and Al Jazeera .. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/06/go... .. continue
Yeah .. let's watch the militant atheists take their little march to Bangladesh ... let's see if their 'convictions' are real ... or not
Thank you for proving the atheist case: that all religion is EVIL.

I have no doubt at all that YOU WISH you could behead atheists too!

The ugly history of your hate-cult proves this without a doubt.

Who Would Jesus Behead?

I bet YOU know... don't you?
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70834 Apr 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>We've shown you are not above lying before.
this is what cults are based on...lies. you HAVE to lie to support your faith as it is based on lies.
No, You haven't. That's why you have no evidence as usual. Now I proved Bob to be a liar a few weeks back with the relevant posts as evidence. Of course it was dismissed but agenda is more important than facts.

More nothing all around. I've provided you a challenge due to your bigotry. All are stumped. Such a weak nonclaim. This is like playing whack-a-mole.

Tell me again about your simple disbelief. It's riveting.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70835 Apr 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
the last I heard .. those proclaiming atheism is approx. 2.3% of the worlds population ..
( Non-religious and agnostic 11.9%, anti-religious and atheist 2.3%).. when I consider the doctrines of atheism ..
What?

WHAT DOCTRINES would that BE? I for one, would love to know what these are-- I've never heard or read of any...

Oh! You are just lying as is your habit.

Pity.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70836 Apr 7, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>The same can be said about homosexuality. As it becomes more socially acceptable and safer for people to openly express their disbelief in your gay cult, it will happen more.
That is correct-- and you ugly, racist/bigoted people will have to PUT UP WITH IT TOO.

Oh I know that BURNS you so--you would much rather MURDER ALL THE GAYS, along side atheists and anyone ELSE you hate.

Who Would Jesus Murder?

I bet YOU know, don't you?
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70837 Apr 7, 2013
I'm glad we have established your forum has no accountable position of belief or adequate way to weigh evidence.
If that's all you have, its duly noted. I'm not alluding that I think you have an agenda, I know you do. Four years of posting accusations and attacks against Christianity confirms that.
Now if you don't believe in God what's the fixation? You don't believe anything is evidence in this arena. I'm not going to fend off multiple and repeated questions in your forum. You folks are the ones running from any substantive debate. If that's because your nonposition doesn't allow it then stop the lunacy of trying to make your disbelief relevant. One sentence sums up atheism.
Your continued attempts to marginalize belief is entirely different than simply not believing. Most of the world believes something larger than us is responsible for the universe. There are many reasons and rationales why that belief persists. This conclusion is derived in different ways by different people. Some come to the decision based on logic and evidence. Many ex-atheists become believers in this manner. C.S. Lewis being one. To me these are some of the more interesting thinkers on the subject.
Francis Collins mapped our genetic code and sees design. The list is endless and isn't pigeonholed by only one discipline. I don't debate nothing. Do your own homework I'd you want but this narrative you want to convey that belief is absurd and has absolutely no evidence I reject. What I do know is no evidence is good for YOU. Fair enough. Going further and marginalizing belief as you sit on the fence is childish.
There is a reason you don't want to debate your nothing vs my something. You don't know where to begin. I do. I don't care if it satisfies you or not. This is your forum. I don't debate nothing and won't apologize for it.
I will accept your apologies for spending four years attacking reasoned faith you don't have in your own forum. Talk about bait and switch LOL.
....and empatheist no need to apologize for not submitting the second half. It is tiring and you just started. Try to remember that. You are dealing with just a few theists as opposed to the dozens of antitheists I am. Yet another reason I don't feel an obligation to address every nonsensical claim thrown into the mix. You want a debate. You know the terms.
I find it interesting that the evidentiary standard you use and I've exposed is the sole barometer you want to weigh my evidence in your forum is. It must be easy to attack, question, ad infinitum from the fence. Anyone can throw monkey shyte.
....so, another day of bigot marching begins. Little Kim Jongs making noise. 3

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70838 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
I'm glad we have established y
I believe you are a demonstrated idiot.

I believe you are also hateful in the extreme; your bigotry extends to many others in the world, but especially to everyone who doesn't buy into your hateful delusions.

I believe you have been shown to be an uneducated moron.

I believe you actually think that the ReThuglicans give a sh7t about.... you. When reality suggests that the only thing ReThuglicans give a sh7t about, is the top 1%. Which you clearly are not a member of.

I believe you are uneducated, and likely never completed high school.

Shall I go on?
1 post removed
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70840 Apr 7, 2013
Yes, go on.
1 post removed

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#70842 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
rational skeptics evaluate

religitards believe
John

Saint Louis, MO

#70843 Apr 7, 2013
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 68,020 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.
2 posts removed

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#70846 Apr 7, 2013
John wrote:
I believe you have dementia booots. You have seen no evidence at all in this arena that meets your criteria. Every person on earth that believes there is evidence of a cause (of any sort) is uneducated to you.
Your mensa club of I don't know but its not 1, 2, 3, 4, is where its at.
Your interest in killing religion isn't about evidence at all. Evidence is irrelevant. I contend the preponderance of evidence lies on the side of a prime mover vs anything else. You beat feet pretty quickly when its time to debate.
My position is ready to go, yours is the name that shall not be named LOL.
I find it amusing a network of trolls/bigots try and paint a picture I'm the strange one. Nope. It's you bud. You have no evidence. No accountable position. No way to quantify evidence. No courage to debate what you are so sure doesn't exist.
85 years in and I don't know is the depth of your acquired knowledge.
How do you decide which is most or least likely: always was, prime mover, something from nothing,??. Show your work and make sure it meets your evidentiary standard.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John, you have been claiming that you have proved a "prime mover" yet I have only read you make that statement but have no read anything which proves what you state you proved. Did you report that before I joined this thread or is that just a bluff?

I know that you haven't proved a "prime mover" because such proof has never been seen by man. Doubtful you can be excluded entirely from the group called 'man'.

I have nothing to prove here, because as you have been told so many times, proof of a negative is not possible.

You have not proved what you claim exists; I can't prove something that I don't believe exists. Where would I look for proof of something that isn't and what would that nothing look like?
1 post removed

Location hidden

#70848 Apr 7, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>What you have said is that atheist are unaccountable and have no belief that they can be accountable for.
You really should try school, unbelief is a position and it is a position based on not believing and that can only come from a position of belief in something other.
If you are frustrated it is based on your own inability to account for your position. If you believe that God does not exist, it is not necessary to prove that nothing exists, but it is necessary to support your belief that he does not exist. The difference between atheists and agnostics, is that agnostics are smart enough to admit that they could never know and thus do not believe one way or the other.
You want us to accept your common delusion, because it is common. It was once frustrating to the mass, known as atheists, when they were challenged about believing the world was flat. They said the same thing, we can't prove it, it is common knowledge. The fact is, the proof that the world was not flat came to the world long before you atheists were willing to accept it. This is the same with God, which is why atheist regimes kill religious people in masses and burn churches and Bibles. It is about control and the promotion of ignorance. If the world is flat, then you can't escape our government and taxes.
Frustration is born from a desire to control that which is beyond your reason and intellect.
Perhaps school would be a good idea for you. I have done my school time. Can you give me evidence of the non existence of the gods worshiped by Hindus and Buddhists, or do you also believe they exist too?

If you don't believe they exist, what evidence can you give me that they don't exist to support your position of not believing in them. There are one hell of a big population of the world who do believe in those gods. I don't but I do not believe there are any gods, or better said I have no belief that there is a god.

When you can give me good solid proof that the gods of Hindus and Buddhists are non-existent, then I will put forth an effort to provide similar proof of the non-existence of your God.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#70850 Apr 7, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome!
I hope you stay and enjoy your visit.
This is where we trounce our TrueChristian™ fiends severely.
Why do I say fiend instead of friend?
Read their posts that should do it!
I think I have read enough of their posts already to understand why you called them that. If those posting on Topix is the best that all Christendom has to put forward the demise of religion will be sooner than I think. The Christians posting on Topix alone will drive many people from the faith.

What Fred Phelps is doing for the gay movement, Christians here are doing for atheism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Bluestater 1,235,970
News Ukraine Crisis Facts Bring Discord to U.S. Migh... 16 min Cassandra_ 264
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min IND 183,194
News Protesters gather at Phoenix mosque under close... 26 min CantHideTheTruth 172
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 32 min xxxrayted 1,356
News Rick Santorum Will Fight The Supreme Court If I... 1 hr Belle Sexton 110
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Blitzking 164,708
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 3 hr R12 Freon 2,574
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 hr -Dont Panic- 329,024
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr red and right 189,811
More from around the web