Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#70309 Mar 30, 2013
Why don't you know how to reply properly?

It's "it's", btw.

Two helpful hints from me to give you back some credibility.
John wrote:
I wouldn't want it either, but its your disbeliefs march. Where you marching today? Nowhere fast LOL.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#70310 Mar 30, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you don't think?
Ah yes, the typical christian turn about. It's good as long as it involves you, it's bad for everyone else.
John

United States

#70311 Mar 30, 2013
Nothing. Noted.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#70312 Mar 30, 2013
John wrote:
No proof of your nothing. No proof of your accusations. Just a monkey throwing shyte around. I've proven Bob a liar. He's an antitheist.
I expect lies from loons that think man is the be all end all. Lack of a moral compass isn't good for society. To top it off this is all for your nothing lmao.
John, other than convincing yourself, it seems, you have proved nothing, in any of the posts I have read, though I admit to not having read many, and not being that familiar with you except for our recent conversations. To state that you have proved what you claim is saying that you have information that no man has, and I highly doubt you are more knowledgeable than all other men either living or previously alive.

I really can't understand why you seem so hung up on calling people anti-theists. Most people, who do not have a belief in your particular God, just don't have a belief in a god, not that they are anti anything, in particular.

I suspect most opposition you meet on these threads is due to things you say, or attacks you make, rather than posters actually fighting against gods. Of the non-believers that I have seen here most are more interested in how certain people are abused by believers in the name of God, or sanctioned by some Bible verse, than they are in opposing a god, which would indicate that they actually think gods exist, but are opposed to those existing gods, or to worshiping them.

Personally my concern is to do with human rights abuses by people who claim the authority of God. I do put a value on humans, and don't think other humans have a right to use whatever super being they worship as an excuse to persecute others. IMO, the rights of all humans to live a full life unharmed by other humans supersedes any and all religious beliefs of anyone.

For those who claim they take their directions from their god, they still are first bound by the laws of man, in whatever jurisdiction they reside, and also bound by basic human rights which make all men equal in all ways.

These things are not working perfectly in the world, obviously, but is a goal that, IMO, we all should be striving for. Our various man-made laws, at least those that don't abuse human rights, are controlled by those who enforce these laws, and those who break the laws are risking whatever penalty society has assigned to infractions.
John

United States

#70313 Mar 30, 2013
Do you have an accountable position of belief or evidence that meets the standard you hold others accountable to? No.

I'm concerned an atheistic ideology will result in the butchering of our society. Care to compare numbers. I don't care about your bogus axe you have to grind. Dismissed due to nothing.
John

United States

#70314 Mar 30, 2013
As if you simply didn't believe. Such bullshit. 67, 500 posts of vile nonsense. Go march. I'll laugh and point.
John

United States

#70315 Mar 30, 2013
I'm glad we have established your forum has no accountable position of belief or adequate way to weigh evidence.
If that's all you have, its duly noted. I'm not alluding that I think you have an agenda, I know you do. Four years of posting accusations and attacks against Christianity confirms that.
Now if you don't believe in God what's the fixation? You don't believe anything is evidence in this arena. I'm not going to fend off multiple and repeated questions in your forum. You folks are the ones running from any substantive debate. If that's because your nonposition doesn't allow it then stop the lunacy of trying to make your disbelief relevant. One sentence sums up atheism.
Your continued attempts to marginalize belief is entirely different than simply not believing. Most of the world believes something larger than us is responsible for the universe. There are many reasons and rationales why that belief persists. This conclusion is derived in different ways by different people. Some come to the decision based on logic and evidence. Many ex-atheists become believers in this manner. C.S. Lewis being one. To me these are some of the more interesting thinkers on the subject.
Francis Collins mapped our genetic code and sees design. The list is endless and isn't pigeonholed by only one discipline. I don't debate nothing. Do your own homework I'd you want but this narrative you want to convey that belief is absurd and has absolutely no evidence I reject. What I do know is no evidence is good for YOU. Fair enough. Going further and marginalizing belief as you sit on the fence is childish.
There is a reason you don't want to debate your nothing vs my something. You don't know where to begin. I do. I don't care if it satisfies you or not. This is your forum. I don't debate nothing and won't apologize for it.
I will accept your apologies for spending four years attacking reasoned faith you don't have in your own forum. Talk about bait and switch LOL.
....and empatheist no need to apologize for not submitting the second half. It is tiring and you just started. Try to remember that. You are dealing with just a few theists as opposed to the dozens of antitheists I am. Yet another reason I don't feel an obligation to address every nonsensical claim thrown into the mix. You want a debate. You know the terms.
I find it interesting that the evidentiary standard you use and I've exposed is the sole barometer you want to weigh my evidence in your forum is. It must be easy to attack, question, ad infinitum from the fence. Anyone can throw monkey shyte.
....so, another day of nothing commences.:...just waiting on some magic science.
Tidbits

London, KY

#70316 Mar 30, 2013
Jack wrote:
You can't argue with a Christian because there's nothing to argue. There's ZERO scientifically significant evidence that the Judeo-Christian god exists but thats the point of faith, confidence or trust in a doctrine regardless of substantiated evidence. If Christians want to have faith in their god then go ahead, I just don't understand what makes Christianity a religion that people think should be unquestionably taken as fact and law when something like Greek Mythology is immediately discounted as myth even though the two have similar scientific evidence of validity. You want to have faith in your god, go ahead, thats the beauty of this country, free religion, but just understand its exactly that, FAITH. Not law or fact and it shouldnt be treated as such
I think it's just the perspectives of some of it.
The nicer, kinder, gentler, both feet on the ground, head on shoulders (not off in some cosmic clouds of make believe or just wishful thinking) anyway.

The rest of that dark age stuff-only good for contemplating the trials, tribulations and ERRORS, of the ways of those of the world so to speak, throughout civilization as we know it.

Anything else, is just blahblahblah.."marginaliz e, marginalize, marginalize", really not necessary "march, march, march",(for that speshull egocentric strawbossiness of brainlessness feeling).

There's nothing WRONG with people having good faith (no matter the race, creed or color)...except those that abuse or take advantage such.
Which was actually what 9/11 was in a nutshell, to anyone with half a working braincell anyway.
Tidbits

London, KY

#70317 Mar 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
So no proof of god then.
I await more of your "no-proof" for us all to laugh at.
No proof of none either.

Just faith. Which actually, if you think about it..makes perfect sense.
The EaterBunny

London, KY

#70318 Mar 30, 2013
John wrote:
Nothing. Noted.
Heyuh, you want some arthritis? Just don't let Bob have any lol.
Lincoln

United States

#70319 Mar 30, 2013
Happy Easter in the White House

atheists have the day to post

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70320 Mar 30, 2013
John wrote:
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I have proven you are a liar..
Nope-- you just LIED about it, as per your usual habit.

Stump a John: ask him for an ARGUMENT for his "prime mover"

John-- is >>still<< stumped, after 5 long years of nothing from john...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70321 Mar 30, 2013
John wrote:
Do you have any evidence that meets the criteria you hold others accountable to? Yes or no.
Stump a John: ask him for an ARGUMENT for his "prime mover"

John-- is >>still<< stumped, after 5 long years of nothing from john...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70322 Mar 30, 2013
John wrote:
Liar Bob has claimed an accountable position of belief, but where is it??
Back on the first page I commented in this thread, years ago.

I'm so sorry you cannot navigate Topix.

Where is YOUR "accountable position"?

You never had one you were willing to DEBATE.

Stump a John: ask him for an ARGUMENT for his "prime mover"

John-- is >>still<< stumped, after 5 long years of nothing from john...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70323 Mar 30, 2013
John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 67,490 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
Stump a John: ask him for an ARGUMENT for his "prime mover"

John-- is >>still<< stumped, after 5 long years of nothing from john...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70324 Mar 30, 2013
John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost four years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Four years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 67,490 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True
science that is repeatable and observable.
Stump a John: ask him for an ARGUMENT for his "prime mover"

John-- is >>still<< stumped, after 5 long years of nothing from john...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70325 Mar 30, 2013
John wrote:
Absolutely. Right back at ya. Originally I simply asked the forum what they believed and noted that antitheism is in my experience all too often the default. Being a believer is/was irrelevant. I was accurate and antitheists showed their true colors, lashing out against a God they don't believe in and a God I was not attempting to shove down their throats.
Ruling out possibilities is not freethinking. We don't know what we don't know. Attacking/marginalizing belief isn't intellectually honest when nothing meets the repeatable and observable standard. Four years of no evidence in the atheism forum is enough for me to conclude this. I've asked the question hundreds of times and many claim to have provided it, but that's a lie. No sugarcoating it.
The conversation devolved quickly as (the way I see it) their was a group attack effort to bring this God they seem to hate into the equation. This did not dissuade me as I chose to stay on point. I was clear my intentions were not to make any claims, I was an am.simply pointing out intellectual dishonesty.
I continued trying to get the "rules" for evidence after all attempts to get answers to legitiamate questions failed. I sought these rules in response to the neverending attacks to further expose the forum. I offered to debate the evidences/reasons I believe in a prime mover vs any accountable position of belief that meets the criteria I was given. This challenge was not accepted. There will be claims otherwise but I guarrantee you won't find what I've asked. Now imagine doing this dance for four years simply because I refuse to debate nothing. I didn't set out to mock simple disbelief, that fine but this isn't that and I think you know it.
Name a subject I get to ask all the questions on and your job is to defend it, over and over and over and over again. How about science? Get my point? It's even more ridiculous considering I've exposed the standard. Remember my question regarding evidence quantification? Never answered relevantly.
Nonbelievers like yourself leave pretty quickly and they should. You may find it glib but what is the point of a forum about nothing? This is an agenda that stifles true freethought.
A simple I don't know...end forum would have sufficed. Now its a game to me to see how many years this forum will be intellectualy dishonest in their fight for nothing.
I appreciate your consideration but I've done this multiple times with decent folk like yourself. I won't debate in front of the kids without the reasonable prerequisites I've asked for. A simple no to my question should have been the response years ago LOL. Back to cut and paste. Yawn.
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit~
Stump a John: ask him for an ARGUMENT for his "prime mover"

John-- is >>still<< stumped, after 5 long years of nothing from john...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70326 Mar 30, 2013
John wrote:
I guess you'll be sticking with your nothing then. On some level you have to feel just a bit silly spending this much time fighting for nothing. Especially when I've exposed your standard and offered you a completely reasonable challenge.
Your repetitive nothing only exposes your agenda, but you are so entrenched you can't help but post. No matter how bat shit crazy it is.
I'll check you off as stumped. Next!
Stump a John: ask him for an ARGUMENT for his "prime mover"

John-- is >>still<< stumped, after 5 long years of nothing from john...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70327 Mar 30, 2013
John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 67,500 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
Stump a John: ask him for an ARGUMENT for his "prime mover"

John-- is >>still<< stumped, after 5 long years of nothing from john...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#70328 Mar 30, 2013
John wrote:
I'm glad we have established your forum has no accountable position of belief or adequate way to weigh evidence.
If that's all you have, its duly noted. I'm not alluding that I think you have an agenda, I know you do. Four years of posting accusations and attacks against Christianity confirms that.
Now if you don't believe in God what's the fixation? You don't believe anything is evidence in this arena. I'm not going to fend off multiple and repeated questions in your forum. You folks are the ones running from any substantive debate. If that's because your nonposition doesn't allow it then stop the lunacy of trying to make your disbelief relevant. One sentence sums up atheism.
Your continued attempts to marginalize belief is entirely different than simply not believing. Most of the world believes something larger than us is responsible for the universe. There are many reasons and rationales why that belief persists. This conclusion is derived in different ways by different people. Some come to the decision based on logic and evidence. Many ex-atheists become believers in this manner. C.S. Lewis being one. To me these are some of the more interesting thinkers on the subject.
Francis Collins mapped our genetic code and sees design. The list is endless and isn't pigeonholed by only one discipline. I don't debate nothing. Do your own homework I'd you want but this narrative you want to convey that belief is absurd and has absolutely no evidence I reject. What I do know is no evidence is good for YOU. Fair enough. Going further and marginalizing belief as you sit on the fence is childish.
There is a reason you don't want to debate your nothing vs my something. You don't know where to begin. I do. I don't care if it satisfies you or not. This is your forum. I don't debate nothing and won't apologize for it.
I will accept your apologies for spending four years attacking reasoned faith you don't have in your own forum. Talk about bait and switch LOL.
....and empatheist no need to apologize for not submitting the second half. It is tiring and you just started. Try to remember that. You are dealing with just a few theists as opposed to the dozens of antitheists I am. Yet another reason I don't feel an obligation to address every nonsensical claim thrown into the mix. You want a debate. You know the terms.
I find it interesting that the evidentiary standard you use and I've exposed is the sole barometer you want to weigh my evidence in your forum is. It must be easy to attack, question, ad infinitum from the fence. Anyone can throw monkey shyte.
....so, another day of bigot marching begins. Little Kim Jongs making noise.
Stump a John: ask him for an ARGUMENT for his "prime mover"

John-- is >>still<< stumped, after 5 long years of nothing from john...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min Ari son of Anarchy 165,801
Political figures clash after slaying of NYPD o... 7 min xxxrayted 68
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min dirtclod 133,777
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Guru 182,047
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min shinningelectr0n 1,155,632
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 34 min squeezers 470
Cuba and the Ghosts in America's Backyard 36 min WE JUST DONT CARE 17
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 1 hr RustyS 269
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 1 hr mjjcpa 931
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 hr Agents of Corruption 294,311
More from around the web