Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70629 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#70162 Mar 28, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
If a book tells a tale of riding gilded laden unicorns through fields of glitter producing chaff, does that mean people should strive to do such?
Only the bird brainless.
You are more than projecting-you are OBSESSED. As in socio-ILLogically warped.
#1- your analogy involves a tale about mythical creatures committing an action whereas my posts deals with the buybull ordering people to commit certain acts. There is difference between me writing a book on a guy who kills people and me writing a book ordering my followers to kill people. I cannot understand why you cannot see that words either in the written or spoken form, can cause harm. That is why we prosecute people in this country for threatening people. If I write a book in which I encourage my readers to commit crimes, I can be arrested for doing so because the law of this country acknowledges that words and speeches can be used to excite violence.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#70163 Mar 28, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think you can even begin to think to know what anyone else thinks or considers?
You have stated what you think. It was you who labeled the OT as dark age nonsense while persisting in the belief that the buybull is the word of God. I am just pointing out the contradictions.
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#70164 Mar 28, 2013
I certainly generate a lot less typos than you. Why is that?
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's because it was incoherent ramblings- on par level of a deluded 12 year old. Deluded, because even a rational 12 year old can theorize better, as in, with Out projecting bigotry onto others.
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#70165 Mar 28, 2013
Posting changing cuntardery is all you've got.

You give away a moral victory every time you alter someone's post.
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Might want look to look up up that word marginalize then too.
TruthIs

United States

#70166 Mar 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Posting changing cuntardery is all you've got.
You give away a moral victory every time you alter someone's post.
<quoted text>
I have enough of that type of victory already, not to even have to worry the first nano second about it!!!!!!

Try not to let it slap ya to more disturbed between your own eyes too hard though!
TruthIs

United States

#70167 Mar 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I certainly generate a lot less typos than you. Why is that?
<quoted text>
Because your obsessing about typos on some DUHM internet thread it while I am not?

Knock yourself out...here's hoping you can count high enough!
TruthIs

United States

#70168 Mar 28, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text> You have stated what you think. It was you who labeled the OT as dark age nonsense while persisting in the belief that the buybull is the word of God. I am just pointing out the contradictions.
The OT IS full of dark age, UNenlightened stuff.

I(!) view the book as a book written by men-Inspired to do so, based upon their beliefs and in some instances, even possibly experiences.

So stop projecting YOUR opinion and speak for yourSELF only.

The REST of the articulate enough for themselves in the world types, would appreciate that you do NOT attempt to speak for them!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#70169 Mar 28, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he stated some of same things I just did, only in a longer version form.
So where you equally as wrong, but in a condensed version?
TruthIs

United States

#70170 Mar 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading it through once is not going to stay in your memory.
As a Mormon child, we were encouraged to not only read it over an over again, along with the other books, but we had this game called "Scripture Chase." It was a fun one in which the referee would pick a random, literally random page flip, eyes closed, finger point random, scripture and read the first few words, no more than one line though, depending on how common the words were. Then we'd have to race to find it, of course we could begin when they started reading it out loud but most of us were smart enough to wait ... because with enough words we knew what page to turn to without actually searching. Then the winner would read off that section, depending on what it was we'd read the entire story or page, or if we were unlucky to land in a geneology section ... well, two verses. It was such a huge deal that they had city, state, regional, and national competitions, all official and such. I got first in the state three times ... and I stopped going to church when I was 15. My brother always came in second to me.
Catholic catechism here, strictly local, never competative, just learned of lessons applcable to good human character development.

Stopped attending regular Mass at 16..mostly because a 7 day rise and shine early school/work week schedule made Sunday morning zzz's time seem like handfuls of gold.
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#70171 Mar 28, 2013
It's "you're".
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your obsessing about typos on some DUHM internet thread it while I am not?
Knock yourself out...here's hoping you can count high enough!
John

United States

#70172 Mar 28, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
So where you equally as wrong, but in a condensed version?
More like your posts are devoid of evidence or an accountable position so you attempt to steer the narrative far away from your magic science.

I notice you avoided my challenge.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
TruthIs

United States

#70173 Mar 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
It's "you're".
<quoted text>
March march march, oh jackboot velveteenage potus worshipers! Hiel obammer lol.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#70174 Mar 28, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
The OT IS full of dark age, UNenlightened stuff.
I(!) view the book as a book written by men-Inspired to do so, based upon their beliefs and in some instances, even possibly experiences.
So stop projecting YOUR opinion and speak for yourSELF only.
The REST of the articulate enough for themselves in the world types, would appreciate that you do NOT attempt to speak for them!
so sad..the myth of divine inspiration for writing and interpreting the bible has been proven false time and time again.

your cult just made shit up...just like every other cult.(actually, your cult wasn't even that original, they borrowed tons of stuff, like the whole concept and life of your saviour, from previous religious cults...)

St. Croix valley

#70175 Mar 28, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
March march march, oh jackboot velveteenage potus worshipers! Hiel obammer lol.
you talk a lot like runaway johnny...why is that?
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#70176 Mar 28, 2013
At least it will soon be April April April April.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you talk a lot like runaway johnny...why is that?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#70177 Mar 28, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
More like your posts are devoid of evidence or an accountable position so you attempt to steer the narrative far away from your magic science.
I am not an antitheist. but I am certainly not going to repost everything I have already posted to you. The ball is in your court.

I am making no claims other than I have no evidence of the existence of a God, and it is impossible to show you evidence of a non-existent God. Please don't go through your silly spiel again.

If you have any valid points, make them; otherwise why are you here?

I will amend the above to say that I have made truthful posts many times about some of the beliefs that theists have which have been confirmed (not by me) to be untrue. I also will not repost those to you, as it becomes tiring, and you likely know most of them anyway.

St. Croix valley

#70178 Mar 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
At least it will soon be April April April April.
<quoted text>
slightly busted, huh?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#70179 Mar 28, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Boooots has been even more civil with you than I have been. You continue to ignore what is being said... But although I am frustrated I am also entertained.

I want to first apologize... I never posted a "part 2" and you waited to respond. It was another thing i typed and lost and i have had a hectic work schedule. To be honest... I don't feel like sorting through 20 pages to see where I left off... And I did a similar thing yesterday but as the conversations move along I lose interest in responding to week old comments. I'm sure they will arise again anyway. I just wanted to let you know I was sorry.

Ok can you tell me just one thing... You are asking for an accountable position... We don't have what you are looking for... And when we explain to you why... You say we are dodging the question and I don't know if you are implying that we have none... Which would be correct and makes this dialog very strange. Or you think we have a secret accountable position.

In summary... There is no answer for your question... What is your goal?
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#70180 Mar 28, 2013
Somewhat!

I assume that "cut and paste but rarely debate John" has bored himself to bits and he has added a more interactive persona.

This is the dishonest way fundies bulk their numbers up.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>slightly busted, huh?

St. Croix valley

#70181 Mar 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Somewhat!
I assume that "cut and paste but rarely debate John" has bored himself to bits and he has added a more interactive persona.
This is the dishonest way fundies bulk their numbers up.
<quoted text>
and lie about not being a memvber of a religious cult but then thump the cult bible under another moniker..

funny how it is only the people areguing for their religious cults that have to lie so much on these pages...i thought their mythical god was against such behavior?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn r... 2 min CodeTalker 529
News Ohio Gov. John Kasich: House Republicans could ... 4 min CodeTalker 2
News Trump to skip White House Correspondentsa Assoc... 5 min Truth hurts 26
News Yes, Mass Deportations Are Coming. And We Know ... 6 min kuda 222
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 6 min Just Think 21,335
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 7 min Love Melania 1,630
News Trump toasts US governors as health care talks ... 11 min CodeTalker 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min Guest 1,498,179
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Copout 413,235
News Investigations into Russia to continue after Fl... 2 hr Ms Sassy 417
News Detroit's Muslim community promises it - will n... 7 hr Faith Michigan 118
More from around the web