Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70657 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

postscript

Santa Fe, NM

#65394 Dec 1, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What "large gaps?" There will always be gaps, because not all changes will have an effect on the fossil.
The missing link is not exactly a needle in a haystack. If science is going to claim that man emerged from primates, the fossil evidence should prove it, but it doesn't.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#65395 Dec 1, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
The Earth was once incapable of supporting life.
Later, the Earth was capable of supporting life and in fact did support life.
Therefore, life on Earth came from non-life.
<quoted text>
I notice that you've provided no alternative scientific theory as to where life came from, if not from non-life. Why is that?
And you still can't prove what the catalyst was that created life from non-life. Until you do it is all just theoretical musing.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#65396 Dec 1, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think Christians are afraid of dying? LOL. They believe in god and heaven BECAUSE they are afraid of dying.
Also, Buddhists are atheists, they believe in a life after this one.
Just who or what is it that Buddhists believe is responsible for judging them and deciding whether they get to reincarnate, or not, and as "what"? I've studied Buddhism, BTW. "That" implies a supernatural consciousness making a judgement. You are not terribly bright.

I'm used to that on Topix.
Independent

Alice, TX

#65397 Dec 1, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to all the god-fearing parents who lose their children to terminal illnesses every day. Tell it to the people all over the world starving and praying for food. Yeah, you're more special than all of them.
(PS: your wife's feeling and 'amazing' ability is called adrenaline.)
Look, I can't explain why things happen as they do. I feel terrible for anyone losing a child.Believe it or not some of these experiences bring some closer to their faith as well as lead some to drift. The bible explains that all will be revealed in the end. My wife, although terrified, still does not feel ill will toward her attackers and has forgiven them. I,on the other hand admittedly had some difficulty forgiving them for what they did to my wife, but I found the strength in scripture. I am not a saint, but try to do my best daily.
Independent

Alice, TX

#65398 Dec 1, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a fossil record that supports evolution, but no evidence Moses existed.
The fossil record is littered in gaps and "lost" and missing pieces. Just for starters, where are all the pre existing evolutionary fossils for insects? Insects discovered in sap and supposedly millions of yrs old look exactly as they do today, exactly. Also bats, where are the relatives of bats? or any pre fossils of them?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#65399 Dec 1, 2012
I often wonder if these mouth breathing retards are really this ignorant or are they being purposely obtuse?
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Life wasn't always here, now it's here. So, it had to come from non living matter. And there is plenty of evidence to support evolution.
<quoted text>
And you know this...how?

Louisville, KY

#65400 Dec 1, 2012
So you are using the Christian apologetic favorite argument of, if you don't believe in God why you always errr duh talking about him? Couple that with your attempts to divide non believers another apologetic favorite.

Sigh

You're not still pretending to be an agnostic right? Because that would just be wacky if you were miss I have an incurable disease but it just got cured.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't notice God in my posts. BTW, why are you so afraid of something that you believe is not real? Why is it all you ever *talk* about?

United States

#65401 Dec 1, 2012
The fossil record is solid and even if it weren't modern generic testing more than proves evolution.

Your sad apologetic creationist bat argument is going on 5 years disproven soundly.

http://m.guardiannews.com/science/2008/feb/13...
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>The fossil record is littered in gaps and "lost" and missing pieces. Just for starters, where are all the pre existing evolutionary fossils for insects? Insects discovered in sap and supposedly millions of yrs old look exactly as they do today, exactly. Also bats, where are the relatives of bats? or any pre fossils of them?
Independent

Alice, TX

#65402 Dec 1, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
The fossil record is solid and even if it weren't modern generic testing more than proves evolution.
Your sad apologetic creationist bat argument is going on 5 years disproven soundly.
http://m.guardiannews.com/science/2008/feb/13...
<quoted text>
I have seen this in the past, looks like just another extinct bat to me, no developing wings, or feet. Just another extinct bat.
Independent

Alice, TX

#65403 Dec 1, 2012
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen this in the past, looks like just another extinct bat to me, no developing wings, or feet. Just another extinct bat.
http://www.darwinismrefuted.co m/natural_history_2_13.html
Independent

Alice, TX

#65404 Dec 1, 2012

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#65405 Dec 1, 2012
Wrathbone wrote:
<quoted text>
Which in no way implies that just because science cannot detect something, that it cannot exist.
that which acts empirically in out shared reality leaves evidence, you god does not, the inference is that he does not exist.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#65406 Dec 1, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Atoms organize themselves based on their properties, they aren't doing it with intelligence or will, they react how they do all the time, whether in a living organism or in any other environment. Atoms are not alive, are they? If so, then the rocks that are made up of the same atoms we are live as well. Are rocks alive?
nor do they organize "randomly"

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#65407 Dec 1, 2012
postscript wrote:
<quoted text>
There are indeed. They perceive their own reality.
Consciousness is fully capable of energizing, organizing and communicating with matter, including the brain, the body, and other material things. If scientists actually understood the dynamics of being for example, the mind/body relationship, illness would not be seen as a foreign agent thrust upon us.
So ... you think atoms are alive? Wow.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#65408 Dec 1, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
nor do they organize "randomly"
No such thing as random, we perceive randomness because we lack the complex computations required to identify the patterns in everything, our computers do that better now. But atomic reactions, chemical reactions, are structured based on the atomic structures, that's not even close to conscious reaction, it's the same as what happens when you drop a ball.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#65409 Dec 1, 2012
postscript wrote:
<quoted text>
The missing link is not exactly a needle in a haystack. If science is going to claim that man emerged from primates, the fossil evidence should prove it, but it doesn't.
Actually, it was the fossil record that gave us that idea in the first place. You should see the fossils, no really, you should actually look at the fossils before you attempt this fallacy again.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#65410 Dec 1, 2012
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen this in the past, looks like just another extinct bat to me, no developing wings, or feet. Just another extinct bat.
Way to not read the real article and instead run with the creatard assertions. Yeah, that's intelligence. You never did evolve, you're still a chimp.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#65411 Dec 1, 2012
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>The fossil record is littered in gaps and "lost" and missing pieces. Just for starters, where are all the pre existing evolutionary fossils for insects? Insects discovered in sap and supposedly millions of yrs old look exactly as they do today, exactly. Also bats, where are the relatives of bats? or any pre fossils of them?
Erm, what? Insects several hundred million years ago were huge. Imagine a dragonfly that could eat you, and that looks the same as they do today?
postscript

Santa Fe, NM

#65412 Dec 2, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it was the fossil record that gave us that idea in the first place. You should see the fossils, no really, you should actually look at the fossils before you attempt this fallacy again.
Missing links in the sequence of fossil evidence was a concern to Darwin himself! But instead of giving the matter serious thought, he kicked that can down the road, convinced that the necessary fossils to prove his theory would eventually turn up, but alas, they are still missing.

The fossil record that does exist, the one you point to with exuberant pride, is shamefully paltry compared to what should be a vast trove of fossilized evidence if the theory of evolution were actually true.

Without literally going back in time and watching the development of each successive organism in an evolutionary chain, science can not "prove" that an evolutionary relationship exists. You can claim that minor variations in species produced all the vast differences we see today, but you are still left without a fossil record. Without that record, scientists will never be sure some organism (transitional form) is actually an ancestor of an existing species.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#65413 Dec 2, 2012
Photo on the left is a 125 million year old fossil of a mayfly.
Photo on the right is the mayfly as it exists today. They are identical. No change, and this is just one of many examples. Here's the proof right before your eyes that the theory of evolution is a myth!

http://www.harunyahya.com/image/Atlas_of_crea...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min lucid 1,236,457
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min HILLARY 2016 183,277
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 4 min 1983Valerie 2,606
News Ireland same-sex marriage 5 min Lawrence Wolf 458
News Colorado valedictorian comes out during graduat... 6 min Fa-Foxy 15
News Ex-US Speaker Hastert indicted on bank-related ... 9 min Lawrence Wolf 38
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min litesong 53,598
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min Quirky 329,107
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Rogue Scholar 05 189,878
More from around the web