Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70634 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#63716 Aug 5, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>What position are defending.... Maybe your problem deals with you English as a second language?

Let's cut to the chase. You are using the tired old failed argument of... ATHEISTS DON'T BELIEVE IN AAANNNUUUTTTHHHHINNN!!!!

This is your lame failed argument yes? Oh gosh that is so infantile because as anyone can clearly see Atheists have several passions and beliefs that they stand up and fight for. You don't like those because they don't involve the magical man in the sky yes?

Now answer my question or I have stumped you, do you believe in reality?

Stump a Theist ask them if they beleive in reality.

Checkmate loser.
Isn't English a second language for your wife? So you stomp her all the time because she's theist?

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#63717 Aug 5, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>So you coming back next week to get your a$$ kicked again John?

By you? Bwahahahahahahaha!

Since: Mar 11

Ft Mitchell, KY

#63718 Aug 5, 2012
He's already been humiliated with his ultra lame Atheists don't believe in aniuuuthhinnnngg argument. How childish and lame.
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
So you coming back next week to get your a$$ kicked again John?

Since: Aug 08

Atlanta, GA

#63719 Aug 6, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
This simple question has stumped many a bigot. Submitted August 27th, 2009. Pathetic. Of course if I'm lying they can simply repost a relevant answer lol. Three damn years of NOTHING.
If you think anybody but you is buying this, you are not just a troll, but a moronic troll.
1 post removed
John

United States

#63721 Aug 7, 2012
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 61,190 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#63722 Aug 8, 2012
John wrote:
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 61,190 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
Back again for you weekly a$$ kicking John?

Care to demonstrate a morsel of evidence for your claimed "something"?

I thought not.
1 post removed

Ft Mitchell, KY

#63724 Aug 8, 2012
Look back early in the thread several people answered his question. Several had spent lots of time showing him proof for his so called questions about science. Like Buck and several others it's a matter of they don't want to learn not that they are seriously asking questions with an open mind.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Back again for you weekly a$$ kicking John?
Care to demonstrate a morsel of evidence for your claimed "something"?
I thought not.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#63725 Aug 8, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Look back early in the thread several people answered his question. Several had spent lots of time showing him proof for his so called questions about science. Like Buck and several others it's a matter of they don't want to learn not that they are seriously asking questions with an open mind.
<quoted text>
We've spent entirely too much time attempting to get past his deliberate ignorance. You, Skeptic, myself, & any other interested folks watching this parrot can clearly see that he is bassackward in his debate tactic.
Until he defines this "prime mover" or gives his evidence for it...we are at an empass.
So....how did you like that landing on Mars?....spectacular...no?

Ft Mitchell, KY

#63726 Aug 8, 2012
Indeed! Amazing and exciting I look forward to the findings up ahead there.
Borg3of7 wrote:
<quoted text>
We've spent entirely too much time attempting to get past his deliberate ignorance. You, Skeptic, myself, & any other interested folks watching this parrot can clearly see that he is bassackward in his debate tactic.
Until he defines this "prime mover" or gives his evidence for it...we are at an empass.
John

United States

#63727 Aug 9, 2012
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 61,200 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#63728 Aug 9, 2012
John wrote:
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 61,200 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!
If you must repost the same old thing how about fixing up the spelling mistakes.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#63729 Aug 9, 2012
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
Why do I make this claim? Well, god is supposed to be all-knowing, all-powerful, and involved in our lives, answering our prayers.
I would not make a similar claim about life on Mars. It could be quite possible life could exist on Mars and escape our discovery.

2. There is no evidence god exists.
3. God does not exist.

Location hidden

#63730 Aug 10, 2012
Borg3of7 wrote:
<quoted text>
it's the same with The Dude, Nuggin. Bluenose mostly all theists trolls as well.

So quick to attack science and atheism, so slow to provide evidence for their fantasies being possible.

Location hidden

#63731 Aug 10, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Why do I make this claim? Well, god is supposed to be all-knowing, all-powerful, and involved in our lives, answering our prayers.
I would not make a similar claim about life on Mars. It could be quite possible life could exist on Mars and escape our discovery.
3. God does not exist.
Theists don't accept this because they think that there is a mystical world that doesn't have to answer to science or facts.

It is after all a form of denial. I mean it's tough for a hardcore theist to admit to themselves they've been wasting their lives chasing after some old human's fantasy.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#63732 Aug 10, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Theists don't accept this because they think that there is a mystical world that doesn't have to answer to science or facts.
It is after all a form of denial. I mean it's tough for a hardcore theist to admit to themselves they've been wasting their lives chasing after some old human's fantasy.
It is sad...I mean, I can fully understand folks that are isolated from regular knowledge banks having "supernatural' explanations for every day things...like Amazon jungle type isolation, but to have modern access to scientific data & still believe in pixies??? it simply astounds.

Ft Mitchell, KY

#63733 Aug 10, 2012
High five.:)
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
If you must repost the same old thing how about fixing up the spelling mistakes.
1 post removed
John

United States

#63735 Aug 10, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
3. God does not exist.
You lied about posting Rose. That's to be expected from a liberal atheist. Your nothing is as relevant as the rest here. Look in the mirror loons you have a forum about nothing LOL. For thee years you have avoided any debate that requires accountablity on your end. I will debate a prime mover vs anything you can't seem to identify.
There is no evidence at all for you in this arena Rose. You are just a bigot.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. Guarranteed to get an answer devoid of evidence, science, logic, or rationality.

Since: Aug 08

Atlanta, GA

#63736 Aug 10, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
You lied about posting Rose. That's to be expected from a liberal atheist. Your nothing is as relevant as the rest here. Look in the mirror loons you have a forum about nothing LOL. For thee years you have avoided any debate that requires accountablity on your end. I will debate a prime mover vs anything you can't seem to identify.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. Guarranteed to get an answer devoid of evidence, science, logic, or rationality.
Once a troll, always a troll. Give it up Stumpy...

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#63737 Aug 10, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
"Before you speak to me about your religion, first show it to me in how you treat other people. Before you tell me how much you love your god, show me in how much you love all his children." ~ Cory Booker
John

United States

#63738 Aug 10, 2012
More nothing. Thanks for helping me expose your bigoted nonsense.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 1 min Captain Yesterday 77
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RealDave 1,419,611
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Uncle Tab 239,675
News Backlash for Trump after he lashes out at the M... 3 min Battle Tested al ... 1,059
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min The Northener 205,172
News Republicans outraged over reported delay of Cli... 3 min Captain Yesterday 18
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dr Phil 222,647
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 24 min Coffee Party 393,335
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr woodtick57 7,911
More from around the web