Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,981

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story
Isaac Asimov

Oak Grove, KY

#63351 Jun 27, 2012
LoL's posts are nothing but idiocy riddled with stupidity and ignorance thrown into them. You point out that Christians gave us the English we're stupid in? Aside from the fact that your command of the English language falls entirely short of my own, and several other of the atheists who have spent many hours refuting idiotic claims from your ilk, let's dig into that.

Did you mean American English, or British English? Actually, you know what, it doesn't matter. American English came from Deists, not Christians. British English came from Druids, Pagans, and Celts - not Christians.

Aside from that, you claim these idiotic things that are naturally occurring are the fault of Atheists, i.e. AIDS, without any real proof to back it up. Which is a sure sign of your own inability to effective produce your argument - much like that John fellow.

Further on you claim Atheists are responsible for more death than anything else in the world...ever? Really? You can't be serious...can you? Christianity has been the cause for more death, period, all religion in general has been the cause for more death and murder in the world since the beginning of time than any non-belief in religion.

http://notachristian.org/christianatrocities....
http://listverse.com/2008/04/02/8-atrocities-...

History, it's a wonderful thing that you should probably look into if you're going to continue making these pandering remarks, with no base or logic behind them. It might actually help you formulate a decent rebuttal, who knows, right?

Do you know why people join the church programs in prison? Because it gets them out faster, so that they don't have to sit in their 10x10 cells longer than they would otherwise. The prison systems don't care if they believe it or not, the prisoners don't believe it half the time, they simply want to be back on the streets and out of their jail cells as quickly as they can.

To pretend otherwise makes you look even more ignorant then the rest of the idiotic filth you've tried to pretend was a fact.
Isaac Asimov

Oak Grove, KY

#63352 Jun 27, 2012
And shame on you, LoL, your Bible says cursing is a sin, and that all sin shall send you to hell. You should probably prayer hard tonight for forgiveness. You might die in your sleep.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#63353 Jun 27, 2012
John wrote:
This is your forum and I asked for your accountable position literally years ago. The entire lot of you slinked away. Prime mover for me.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
I don't have any forums.
I couldn't care less what or when you asked a question.
Define "Prime mover".
John

Topeka, KS

#63354 Jun 27, 2012
No IA, atheistic regimes are far and away the greatest killers in history. Any other contention is absurd.

I notice Bob didn't just post one of his hundreds of links LOL. Oh, I know why. I know why. Not a damn one is relevant. Not one submits an accountable position or has an example of evidence that meets the standards he holds others to. If you can post that up I am gone Bob. I won't be going anywhere though as you constantly lie for your nothing.

Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
John

Topeka, KS

#63355 Jun 27, 2012
A small fraction of people killing more than any other. That's what you get without a moral compass. A little history is good for everyone. Atheism is not. It just might.be the death of you.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#63356 Jun 27, 2012
John wrote:
A small fraction of people killing more than any other. That's what you get without a moral compass. A little history is good for everyone. Atheism is not. It just might.be the death of you.
As the vast majority of humans through out antiquity were "religious" & "atheism" is a fairly new concept (previously it was one deity against another)& nearly every conflict was attributed to or the deity was invoked for the killing of others. Your position is anything but realistic.
Seems the mystic moral compass is much more antagonistic towards & damaging to the human race.
Isaac Asimov

Oak Grove, KY

#63357 Jun 27, 2012
"No IA, atheistic regimes are far and away the greatest killers in history. Any other contention is absurd."

Accept that every regime responsible for mass murder and/or attempted genocide as at least CLAIMED to have religious beliefs held dear to them.

"A small fraction of people killing more than any other"

Atheism is the small fraction, while Religious viewpoints (especially Christianity) is the largest fraction of the whole.

You can try to deny it all you want, but you're only making false claims that history itself proves wrong.
John

Topeka, KS

#63358 Jun 27, 2012
Absurd. The numbers are easily looked up. You will need to engage in semantics to discount the slaughter the atheist thought process has been responsible for. You loons like tangents, it momentarily masks your nothing.

However, that's why I am here LOL. Can you supply the post where an atheist (in an atheism forum) submits an accountable position they can defend. Can you provide an example of evidence that meets the criteria you hold other to? Can you explain how you quantify possibile explanations with your LOL secret formula.

Get your nothing out of here!
John

Topeka, KS

#63359 Jun 27, 2012
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 60,800 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
Isaac Asimov

Oak Grove, KY

#63360 Jun 27, 2012
"Absurd. The numbers are easily looked up. You will need to engage in semantics to discount the slaughter the atheist thought process has been responsible for. You loons like tangents, it momentarily masks your nothing."

So now it's just people with a semi-atheistic state of mind, not people who actually are atheists that count? Riiight.

This is why I've not even bothered to try and have an actual debate with you, one of the main reasons anyway. You don't know how to debate. You change your original point to something completely different when the facts prove you wrong.

Aside from the fact that you're not willing to debate, as proven by the fifty-seven different people who have provided you with their position numerous times and your unwillingness to actually debate against them.

You e-trolls are so worthless, but you're so adorable I can't help but feel bad for you.
John

Topeka, KS

#63361 Jun 27, 2012
It is what it is. Atheists have been responsible for more death than any other ideology. Per capita its disgusting.

You seem to forget I won't debate nothing. I asked some basic questions years ago and they are still unanswered. You skipped them as well. If I'm not mistaken (and I'm not) this is an atheism forum.

My accountable position is a prime mover. You keep spinning your little wheels with the rest of the bigots. If you had an ounce of pride you wouldn't keep posting nothing and claiming otherwise. People aren't idiots. They can easily scan the posts and see the irrelevant ramblings. of clueless bigots.

Here is a basic one for you. Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#63362 Jun 27, 2012
piratefighting wrote:
did the egg come before the chicken or did the chicken come before the egg
How did the chicken get here without the egg?
Wait, wait... how did the egg get here without the chicken?
The egg came before the chicken.
Evolution.
Way before the first chicken, creatures were laying egg, and like the second answer, evolution is the obvious answer.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#63363 Jun 27, 2012
piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweets... how did we get here?
Evolution

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#63364 Jun 27, 2012
piratefighting wrote:
Sweets.... prayer works for the faithful.
Maybe you didn't know but it's not always in the timeframe we like... or the answer we like...
Is that why your unfaithful... cuz you didn't get it when you wanted it?
If prayer really worked, you would never see a crippled child, an infirm or diseased person, no flood, earthquake or tornado damage, no cancer and everybody would get along without trying to stab each other in the back or outshout them in an argument. Life would be perfect, IF prayer worked. It does not.

You`r unanswered prayers are always "Well god works in mysterious ways". He lets babies and children die every day from hunger with people praying for help or rain for their crops. He allows people to suffer unmitigated pain from disease no matter who or how many pray. He must love suffering and pain. The faithful just hope for death and waiting for their new body when they die.

If you are a faithful christian, why don`t you pray for all of us to see things you`r way? That should be a snap for a god that gives a hoot about humans. If he exists. There is not one scrap of evidence that a god exists. Until I see any evidence, I will remain an atheist. I will put my faith in good doctors and scientists to help me get through any sickness or accidents. If you are lucky you don`t have any medical problems. But if you have a problem, where do you go for healing? Church or the doctor?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#63365 Jun 27, 2012
piratefighting wrote:
did the egg come before the chicken or did the chicken come before the egg
How did the chicken get here without the egg?
Wait, wait... how did the egg get here without the chicken?
The egg came first. It came from a bird very much like a chicken.

And your god is just a Bronze Age creation. How can an adult living in the 21st Century believe in him?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#63366 Jun 27, 2012
John wrote:
It is what it is. Atheists have been responsible for more death than any other ideology. Per capita its disgusting.
You seem to forget I won't debate nothing. I asked some basic questions years ago and they are still unanswered. You skipped them as well. If I'm not mistaken (and I'm not) this is an atheism forum.
My accountable position is a prime mover. You keep spinning your little wheels with the rest of the bigots. If you had an ounce of pride you wouldn't keep posting nothing and claiming otherwise. People aren't idiots....
You are.
Here is my accountable position.
Again...
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of his existence.
3. Therefore god does not exist.

Note to lurkers...John will not debate.
John

Topeka, KS

#63367 Jun 27, 2012
You have been spouting nothing for quite a while Rose. That includes the above gem of wisdom LOL.
1. If Rose had a conscience there would be evidence of it.
2. there is no evidence you have a conscience.
3. you have no conscience.
Do you have an accountable position of belief Rose? Do some research, your "guesses" are embarassing.
Stump an antitheist, and/or Obama voter! Ask for evidence. Foolproof.
Poor Rose still confuses belief and disbelief. How silly it is for you to embrace something that requires lies and obfuscation.

Come on now Rose. My question is simple if you aren't an intellectual coward.
John

Topeka, KS

#63368 Jun 27, 2012
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 60,860 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#63369 Jun 28, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are.
Here is my accountable position.
Again...
1. If god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
2. There is no evidence of his existence.
3. Therefore god does not exist.
Note to lurkers...John will not debate.
He's a total waste of human skin, Rose...
John

Topeka, KS

#63370 Jun 28, 2012
Thanks for the usual nothing. More nothing to come. Stay tuned!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min shinningelectr0n 1,110,949
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min Valerie 263,359
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min TheIndependentMaj... 154,203
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 11 min emperorjohn 10,911
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 15 min Cali Girl 2014 56,044
GOP loyalties strained as four Texans ponder pr... 16 min kuda 27
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min litesong 46,842
Obama thanks Congress for vote to aid Syrian re... 1 hr Captain Yesterday 132
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 2 hr barefoot2626 401
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••