Dems: We are better off than four years ago

Sep 3, 2012 Full story: Albany Times Union 3,588

Expect to hear variations on this theme all week: things are better than they were four years ago, and will get better.

Read more
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#2763 Oct 4, 2012
Actually, that's an opinion, the facts are what unfit Mitt lied about...

According to you Jobs is uneducated, so your "facts" are as dumb as your opinions.

What's amusing, is you "think" name calling is a political plus....

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#2764 Oct 4, 2012
Here in Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well. Let's go get a lemonade, I'll buy.
perfect!!

this is what I mean about this election being a charade-
Bill O'Reilly: "I think Mr. Obama is so far ahead, that he wanted to tighten it up, just to be exciting."
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#2765 Oct 4, 2012
Sorry folks, but it's tradition for the incumbent to lose the first debate. History also shows that after doing so, they go on to win. No worries. And with the Romney campaign out there trying to re-write all the Romney lies last night (for example...ooops, he didn't mean to say that his healthcare plan covers those with pre-existing conditions, just a small "miss-statement") it's not going to end up being a real "win" at all in the end.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#2766 Oct 5, 2012
Amazing that Romney did so well, and still failed to disclose details of any of his plans....
2 posts removed
Bill

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#2769 Oct 5, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
Amazing that Romney did so well, and still failed to disclose details of any of his plans....
Amazing that Obama has gotten so far, and still failed to disclose any details of his life.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#2770 Oct 5, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Sorry folks, but it's tradition for the incumbent to lose the first debate. History also shows that after doing so, they go on to win. No worries. And with the Romney campaign out there trying to re-write all the Romney lies last night (for example...ooops, he didn't mean to say that his healthcare plan covers those with pre-existing conditions, just a small "miss-statement") it's not going to end up being a real "win" at all in the end.
they usually don't lose that badly and look like a fool in the process

Since: Apr 12

Farmington, MN

#2771 Oct 5, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Sorry folks, but it's tradition for the incumbent to lose the first debate. History also shows that after doing so, they go on to win.
Liar. Maybe in Honey Slew Slew's "history".
Presidents seeking re-election have often struggled in their first debates: Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush.
Two of those wound up winning re-election anyway; two lost.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/NEWS/usaeditio...
Two of four Slewpid, cain you do that math?
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#2772 Oct 5, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>Amazing that Obama has gotten so far, and still failed to disclose any details of his life.
Here are a few details of his life as the Teleprompter-Reader-in-Chief for the past 4 years.

http://obamalies.net/four-years-of-lies-in-on...
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#2773 Oct 5, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
they usually don't lose that badly and look like a fool in the process
Enjoy it while you can...tick tock.....
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#2774 Oct 5, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>Enjoy it while you can...tick tock.....
I will for the next 8 years. Thanks
1 post removed
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#2776 Oct 5, 2012
Actually, that's an opinion, the facts are what unfit Mitt lied about...

According to you Jobs is uneducated, so your "facts" are as dumb as your opinions.

What's amusing, is you "think" name calling is a political plus....

Since: Jan 10

Las Vegas, NV

#2777 Oct 5, 2012
Unemployment drops like a rock to 7.8% Yep, we are better off.

These teenagers how much better off they are:

Since: Jan 10

Las Vegas, NV

#2778 Oct 5, 2012
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
perfect!!
this is what I mean about this election being a charade-
Bill O'Reilly: "I think Mr. Obama is so far ahead, that he wanted to tighten it up, just to be exciting."
When I was a kid, there was a soda fountain in the pharmacy back home. Hand mixed sodas. Big old scoop of ice cream in a tub of root beer. Uuuzzie banana boats. Oh baby!!
perverts

Saint Paul, MN

#2779 Oct 5, 2012
Here in Vegas wrote:
Unemployment drops like a rock to 7.8% Yep, we are better off.
These teenagers how much better off they are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VuCaWYvpVZgXX
How many were part time jobs and how many stopped looking?

Since: Jul 12

Chester, VA

#2780 Oct 5, 2012
Trolls wrote:
<quoted text>Liar. Maybe in Honey Slew Slew's "history".
Presidents seeking re-election have often struggled in their first debates: Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush.
Two of those wound up winning re-election anyway; two lost.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/NEWS/usaeditio...
Two of four Slewpid, cain you do that math?
FDR was reelected 3 times, how many times did he lose the first or even the 2nd debate for reelection?

Chester, VA

#2781 Oct 5, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
I will for the next 8 years. Thanks
So you agree that when Obama is reelected they are going to try and remove the Ammendment on limiting terms. I think they will be successful.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#2782 Oct 5, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>So you agree that when Obama is reelected they are going to try and remove the Ammendment on limiting terms. I think they will be successful.
I think when he is defeated next month he will try to hang onto power. I don't think he will gracefully leave
perverts

Saint Paul, MN

#2783 Oct 5, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
I think when he is defeated next month he will try to hang onto power. I don't think he will gracefully leave
The recent ex-Democratic presidents have been activists compared to Republicans. Look at Carter and Clinton. Obama will be no different.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#2784 Oct 5, 2012
Poor pervert, you go from stupid moniker, to stupider and simply post hump...Try a partner.

Minneapolis, MN

#2785 Oct 5, 2012
Unemployment drops to lowest rate since January 2009

----------

Obama on jobs report:'Today, as a nation, we are moving forward again'

President Obama this morning in Fairfax, Virginia reaction to today's jobs report showing the unemployment rate had fallen to 7.8 percent, its lowest level since January, 2009:

http://youtu.be/bTzvtBm2dBo

Today, I believe that as a nation, we are moving forward again. We're moving forward.
Now after losing about 800,000 jobs a month when I took office, our businesses have now added 5.2 million new jobs over the past 2.5 years. This morning, we found out that the unemployment rate has fallen to its lowest level since I took office.

More Americans entered the workforce, more people are getting jobs. Now every month reminds us that we've still got too many of our friends and neighbors that are looking for work. And there are too many middle class families that are still struggling to pay the bills. They were struggling long before the crisis hit, but today's news certainly is not an excuse to talk down the economy to score a few political points. It's a reminder that this country has come too far to turn back now. Because of your strength and resilience, the strength and resilience of the American people, we've made too much progress to return to the policies that led the crisis in the first place.

I can't allow that to happen, I won't allow that to happen, and that is why I'm running for a second term as President of the United States.
Meanwhile, Mitt Romney wasn't too happy with today's numbers, releasing a statement in which he tried to convince people that today's report was actually bad news. And I guess he was half right: it was bad news ... for his campaign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ted Cruz Announces White House Bid 2 min woodtick57 390
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min mdbuilder 1,207,341
News Poll: Hillary Clinton most admired woman 3 min MacDaddyobama 303
News 5Wisconsin's bar-to-grocery store ratio puts th... (May '14) 4 min Almost amish 7
News Cheney: Obama Is 'Worst President in My Lifetime' 4 min American1 490
News Apple's Tim Cook: Anti-gay laws are 'dangerous' 4 min OId Sailor 27
News Indiana lawmakers try to quiet firestorm surrou... 4 min Frankie Rizzo 36
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Sunshine 175,945
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min woodtick57 320,039
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... 41 min -TheExam- 461
News Romney campaign official joins Gov. Scott Walke... 1 hr Abrahamanic Relig... 77
More from around the web