Black voter turnout passes white rate

Apr 28, 2013 Full story: Politico 220

America's blacks voted at a higher rate than other minority groups in 2012 and by most measures surpassed the white turnout for the first time, reflecting a deeply polarized presidential election in which blacks strongly supported Barack Obama while many whites stayed home.

Full Story
Who

Wyoming, MI

#90 Apr 29, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
It is called parity. White people vote once, and blacks multi vote. How else would 13% of the population cast the most votes? It is illegal unless you are black, then it is encouraged.
And yet nobody is doing anything about it, that's makes them part of the problem.
Who

Wyoming, MI

#91 Apr 29, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, liberals are a hoot. They elect druggies, felons and tax doggers and then claim they are superior. POLITICO: Black politicians struggling...
America doesn't have a gun problem. America has a brown person problem.

There's something wrong about a whole race of people with ONLY black hair and brown eyes. Like roaches they all look pretty much the same.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#92 Apr 29, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose it would never occur to you that people, black, white, etc. might have voted for Obama because they consider him to be an inspiring, visionary leader competing against a stupefyingly narrow-minded, dull-witted alternative.
What your analysis "neglects" to mention is that in the 2008 Democratic primary, Obama beat Clinton among white voters too.
Also, your little play-on-words with Obama's name does not insult him so much as it reveals you as someone from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Yep, typical liberal insults again. We can almost predict what you're going to say before you say it.

Now what did this "inspiring visionary" leader have to offer? Hope and change? That's it? Nothing more than that? And after his four year failure, why did blacks overwhelmingly vote for him again? More hope and change?

You can hold the palms of your hands to your ears and sing aloud all you like, but blacks will always hate whites and side against us at every opportunity. Some (like Colon Powell) would even be happy to throw a white under the bus if they could.

Some like you may never learn no matter how many Obama elections or how many OJ trials there are. The rest of us will see the clear and obvious picture.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#93 Apr 29, 2013
Marichu wrote:
<quoted text>
No conservative in the last 12 years? You don’t think GWB was a conservative??? He certainly wasn’t a moderate, not by any stretch of the imagination. Reagan got what he wanted and so did GWB. Reagan was a pragmatist who knew how to negotiate to his advantage. GWB got what he wanted because no one in Congress stood up to him. Had Congress done their job and curtailed GWB we wouldn’t have gotten into that multi-trillion dollar waste of a war in Iraq.
The reason no one had to push a “1” to speak in Russian, Polish, German or Italian was because during the turn of the century (1900) the influx of European immigration there were no phones.
Immigrant assimilation into a new culture depends on various factors: economic- moving up the economic ladder, cultural-learning a new language and customs and civic-becoming citizens and participating in the electoral process. Children who are born in this country of immigrant parents are unrecognizable from any other American born child. The immigrants of today are no different than in years pass.
How do you not try to become party of inclusiveness? New blood is needed, with different perspectives and ideas. Because if not stagnation will ensue leading to a decaying, ineffectual political party.
And correct me if I’m wrong but (according to republican lore) didn’t Ronald Reagan take out the evil empire? Is the USSR still around? No, it is not. You can say communism proved to be a failed political/social/economic system. Put the past to rest.
There were plenty of people still coming into this country in the mid 1900's when people had telephones. I was born in an ethnic neighborhood where most people spoke Polish. Our city was divided among different ethnicities until the blacks started to move in and neighborhoods broke up and scattered into the suburbs.

Forget the telephones, these Hispanics want us to ignore laws and possibly create laws just for them. Forget about all the immigrants that did play by the rules and did come here legally. Mexicans should just be allowed to stay and live here under any capacity.

Sorry, but the immigrants of the past are way different than the immigrants of today. Immigrants back then had pride and dignity.

And no, George Bush was not a conservative.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#94 Apr 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, typical liberal insults again. We can almost predict what you're going to say before you say it.
Now what did this "inspiring visionary" leader have to offer? Hope and change? That's it? Nothing more than that? And after his four year failure, why did blacks overwhelmingly vote for him again? More hope and change?
You can hold the palms of your hands to your ears and sing aloud all you like, but blacks will always hate whites and side against us at every opportunity. Some (like Colon Powell) would even be happy to throw a white under the bus if they could.
Some like you may never learn no matter how many Obama elections or how many OJ trials there are. The rest of us will see the clear and obvious picture.
It is common for children like wolfy to repeat them selves.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#95 Apr 29, 2013
RustyS wrote:
If there were such a thing, a black majority vote it would be short lived. Once there is immigration reform, the Hispanic majority will be, shall we say, less generous.
So True.......mo candy will be needed to keep them on the plantation.
PAPER: NAACP 'in turmoil on local, national levels'...

LEADER:'Totally reliant' on government...
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#96 Apr 29, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>How about bigots with their heads up their asses?
What about'cha?

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

#97 Apr 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
There were plenty of people still coming into this country in the mid 1900's when people had telephones. I was born in an ethnic neighborhood where most people spoke Polish. Our city was divided among different ethnicities until the blacks started to move in and neighborhoods broke up and scattered into the suburbs.
Forget the telephones, these Hispanics want us to ignore laws and possibly create laws just for them. Forget about all the immigrants that did play by the rules and did come here legally. Mexicans should just be allowed to stay and live here under any capacity.
Sorry, but the immigrants of the past are way different than the immigrants of today. Immigrants back then had pride and dignity.
And no, George Bush was not a conservative.
Do you know all the “Hispanics” that live in this country? Do you know of the differences between the various Latino communities? Yes, there is a shared language, but there are also cultural differences among Latinos. Marco Rubio may plan on running in 2016 for the presidency, are you saying he too wanted laws ignored to benefit him? You just can’t make sweeping generalizations.

Historically speaking, immigrants who’ve to this country have faced discrimination, prejudice, segregation and racism. The Irish, Poles, Chinese, Italians, and others were all vilified at one point. Many of them, like the Irish and Chinese, were even considered sub-human. The immigrants of the past are no different than the current wave. They’ll just have to go through the same baptism by fire like previous groups have done.

And GWB was and continues to be a conservative.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#98 Apr 29, 2013
Marichu wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know all the “Hispanics” that live in this country? Do you know of the differences between the various Latino communities? Yes, there is a shared language, but there are also cultural differences among Latinos. Marco Rubio may plan on running in 2016 for the presidency, are you saying he too wanted laws ignored to benefit him? You just can’t make sweeping generalizations.
Historically speaking, immigrants who’ve to this country have faced discrimination, prejudice, segregation and racism. The Irish, Poles, Chinese, Italians, and others were all vilified at one point. Many of them, like the Irish and Chinese, were even considered sub-human. The immigrants of the past are no different than the current wave. They’ll just have to go through the same baptism by fire like previous groups have done.
And GWB was and continues to be a conservative.
Which is fine by me if that's the way they wish to come here. But that's not reality. Reality is that we have over 11 million of these people who are not supposed to be here. They want us to make special exceptions just for them, and former immigrants didn't expect nor request that.

This was done once before with Ronald Reagan, so it's not like a one-time deal. If we grant amnesty again, we will be facing the same issue in another 20 years or so.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#99 Apr 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a few points:

- I resent you calling me "typical". Do I come where you work and steal your shovel?

- Spell Colin Powell's name correctly. He is not an internal organ.

- You may not be paranoid. You may just have the brain of a tree stump.

Location hidden

#100 Apr 29, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>It is common for children like wolfy to repeat them selves.
Except for your first post, every one of your nearly 90,000 posts has been a variation of your first one. If you can post the same moronic prattle for that long, I have a right to the occasional encore.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#101 Apr 29, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Just a few points:
- I resent you calling me "typical". Do I come where you work and steal your shovel?
- Spell Colin Powell's name correctly. He is not an internal organ.
- You may not be paranoid. You may just have the brain of a tree stump.
Typical liberal insults. You people are so predictable.

Location hidden

#102 Apr 29, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like you. You support losers. Dem Lawmaker's Round-the-World Trip Cost Taxpayers $23,646...but the children still can't go to the White House and tour.
I supported at least one winner. He is the current occupant of the Oval Office. You can just go on supporting those humanoids you share your slop with.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#104 Apr 29, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet nobody is doing anything about it, that's makes them part of the problem.
Are you competing with CATatonic for dumbest creature on Topix?
For sure, no Democrat or Liberal could be as devoid of higher brain function as you two doozies.

Location hidden

#105 Apr 29, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
America doesn't have a gun problem. America has a brown person problem.
There's something wrong about a whole race of people with ONLY black hair and brown eyes. Like roaches they all look pretty much the same.
Just hang around your outdoor plumbing. No brown person will go slumming there.

Location hidden

#106 Apr 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical liberal insults. You people are so predictable.
"My people" consider you atypical. They think you're a special schmuck even by Tea Party standards.

Since: Apr 13

Valdosta, GA

#107 Apr 29, 2013
That's nice but, Can u handle the truth?
truth-untamed.thoughts.com

Location hidden

#108 Apr 29, 2013
TruthUntamed wrote:
That's nice but, Can u handle the truth?
truth-untamed.thoughts.com
You have yet to prove you're worthy of my attention.

“Historic American Greatness”

Since: Jun 07

The President & his AG

#109 Apr 29, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
WRITE "OBAMA SUCKS". ON ALL YOUR CASH!!!

You have been on here for the past 4 years begging anyone to do that and I have yet to see any money with that written on it… maybe it’s because people use their debit cards now and they wrote in where you’re suppose to sign your name on it, LOL!
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#110 Apr 29, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been on here for the past 4 years begging anyone to do that and I have yet to see any money with that written on it… maybe it’s because people use their debit cards now and they wrote in where you’re suppose to sign your name on it, LOL!
Don't you mean EBT cards? There's fifty million of those things floating 'round the country now. Maybe you too, and that's why you don't see cash, either, patty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min forks_make_us_fat 1,114,909
How Should the US Government Respond to ISIS? 12 min Topix 1
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Cornelius Scudmister 155,331
Obama: US misjudged Iraqi army, militants' threat 14 min the Light 21
Can Sarah Palin save Pat Roberts in tight Kansa... 16 min Aunt LooLer 36
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 17 min American Lady 265,415
Obama scores coalition victory with Arab strikes 18 min spocko 152
Al Sharpton: Obama's Racial Pyromaniac 1 hr spud 87
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 2 hr spud 649

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE