Black voter turnout passes white rate

Black voter turnout passes white rate

There are 220 comments on the Politico story from Apr 28, 2013, titled Black voter turnout passes white rate. In it, Politico reports that:

America's blacks voted at a higher rate than other minority groups in 2012 and by most measures surpassed the white turnout for the first time, reflecting a deeply polarized presidential election in which blacks strongly supported Barack Obama while many whites stayed home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Politico.

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

#24 Apr 28, 2013
Credit has to be given to Obama. He became their inspiration, the catalyst for the dream that was promised during the civil rights movement, which became a reality with Obama. Romney also lacked any type of connectedness with blacks and minorities. Any attempt Romney made to appeal to average voters came across as fake and ill-fitting.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#25 Apr 28, 2013
Marichu wrote:
Credit has to be given to Obama. He became their inspiration, the catalyst for the dream that was promised during the civil rights movement, which became a reality with Obama. Romney also lacked any type of connectedness with blacks and minorities. Any attempt Romney made to appeal to average voters came across as fake and ill-fitting.
Like I told many people before the election, I'm not voting for Romney, I'm voting against DumBama.

Not many were excited about Romney except for the hopes we could get DumBama out of office. Mickey Mouse could have gotten the same results as Romney. Though I will say we would be in way better hands today had Romney won.

Viva Madeira

#26 Apr 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I told many people before the election, I'm not voting for Romney, I'm voting against DumBama.
Not many were excited about Romney except for the hopes we could get DumBama out of office. Mickey Mouse could have gotten the same results as Romney. Though I will say we would be in way better hands today had Romney won.
As per the election results, you weren’t the only one who felt unimpressed with Romney; an insipid figure that didn’t instill confidence.

You should have gone with your gut instinct-----Mickey Mouse the better republican choice.

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#27 Apr 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And like I told you idiot right-wingers before the election, it didn’t matter who you fool put up as your nominee or who you vote for…

OBAMA WAS GOING TO WIN!

I told you for 4 years… hate does not a political Party or victory make.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#28 Apr 28, 2013
They're talking turnout RATE, not actual numbers.

For example 60% of all blacks turned out compared to 58% of all whites.

How stupid are you people?

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#29 Apr 28, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
They're talking turnout RATE, not actual numbers.
For example 60% of all blacks turned out compared to 58% of all whites.
How stupid are you people?
Don't be calling MC Patty stupid. Passionately absolutely ignorant, sure. Obama obsessed, definitely. But stupid might hurt her feelings.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#30 Apr 28, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Blacks make up less then 15% of our population. The only way they could outvote whites is if they multi vote. They did, and they don't give a damn if you know it. They have no more respect for this country then the illegals the Democrats are trying to shove down our throats. Call your congressman, and tell him how you feel about Amnesty.
wow! just when I think you can't outdo yourself in stupidity, you break all the records.

why do you think you can comment on issues like this when you are too dumb to grasp the very simple concept of percentages?
serfs up

United States

#31 Apr 28, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
And the racist right-wingers who post on here daily are dropping a major load in their panties, LOL…
It’s the demographics stupid.
We the People are the new reality for you hate-filled bigots… DEAL WITH IT!
Just pay the people who lost a hefty percentage of their wealth. otherwise the police state will fix things. The government is giving you all the warnings. Even abusing the rights of the non criminal element expanding massively as you saw in the Boston area. The real hate is from people like you. There will be a boomerang in tyranny tactics As the revenues continue to decline and the collectors see their benefits decrease. At some point for example, the lovable kids who number up to a thousand or more especially when the weather starts to get warmer raiding businesses and laughing and having a good time in their destructive ways will not be treated with kids gloves and will start being dealt with. Tasering and hard line police tactics will be introduced and the general population will not care as they will know full well their wealth was stolen from them by people like you and other scum. I do not trust my government. And I am not a martyr as they are destroyed when they act out as most people do not have a concern at all. I live to see your reactions when the boomerang occurs and laugh at your love for politicians who you think are on your side but are really selling you out. The difference is, you don't realize it. People like me do.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#32 Apr 28, 2013
Marichu wrote:
<quoted text>
As per the election results, you weren’t the only one who felt unimpressed with Romney; an insipid figure that didn’t instill confidence.
You should have gone with your gut instinct-----Mickey Mouse the better republican choice.
Well that was the problem. Same with McCain. They didn't inspire conservatives enough to care. But even DumBama lost voters--especially among whites. Getting out to vote for candidates you really don't care for is like going out with your wife or girlfriend to a movie you really don't want to see.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#33 Apr 28, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
And like I told you idiot right-wingers before the election, it didn’t matter who you fool put up as your nominee or who you vote for…
OBAMA WAS GOING TO WIN!
I told you for 4 years… hate does not a political Party or victory make.
Please. There is no more hate than the Democrat party. Constantly trying to turn Americans against each other.

Enjoy the ride. You happened to get another professional BS'r like Bill Clinton, except this dope can't even cough without a teleprompter. After he's gone, you really have nothing left except Hillarious who will be a little to old to convince voters she's the right choice.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#34 Apr 28, 2013
Well, golly, no wonder that in every state
controlled by a Republican governor and
legislature they are trying desperately to
disenfranchise as many minority voters as
they possibly can.

It stands to reason.

If you can't beat them, just keep them from voting.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#35 Apr 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that was the problem. Same with McCain. They didn't inspire conservatives enough to care. But even DumBama lost voters--especially among whites. Getting out to vote for candidates you really don't care for is like going out with your wife or girlfriend to a movie you really don't want to see.
Obama lost white votes?

Well, sure, if one considers that half the whites in
the GOP are uneducated redneck hillbillies and hicks,
it stands to reason why he didn't get their vote..

Viva Madeira

#36 Apr 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you may not like the movie very much, but the company (spouse or significant other) should more than make up for the boring movie, maybe drinks before the movie, dinner afterward. If it’s just simply to watch a movie, then staying home would have done the trick.

It’s not the extreme of the political spectrum (conservatives) that they need to worry about. It’s the “non white bread” that republicans have lost or alienated. They know it but are clueless as to how go about bridging that gap.

You’re right; less whites voted for Obama the second time around. But other segments of the population-- African Americans, Latinos, the young, and women made up for the deficit. I think before a conservative like Paul Ryan, Americans would vote for a republican like Christie.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#37 Apr 28, 2013
Gary wrote:
Well, golly, no wonder that in every state
controlled by a Republican governor and
legislature they are trying desperately to
disenfranchise as many minority voters as
they possibly can.
It stands to reason.
If you can't beat them, just keep them from voting.
Are you saying minorities are too stupid to get an ID to vote? That's mighty negative of you.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#38 Apr 28, 2013
Marichu wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you may not like the movie very much, but the company (spouse or significant other) should more than make up for the boring movie, maybe drinks before the movie, dinner afterward. If it’s just simply to watch a movie, then staying home would have done the trick.
It’s not the extreme of the political spectrum (conservatives) that they need to worry about. It’s the “non white bread” that republicans have lost or alienated. They know it but are clueless as to how go about bridging that gap.
You’re right; less whites voted for Obama the second time around. But other segments of the population-- African Americans, Latinos, the young, and women made up for the deficit. I think before a conservative like Paul Ryan, Americans would vote for a republican like Christie.
Christie? Why not run McCain or Romney again?

Moderates don't win elections for Republicans hands down. We don't need yet another moderate like Christie. What we really need is a better candidate such as Rand Paul. He would pick up more conservative votes not to mention the people who supported his father. There is a little excitement to the guy and not just a stick in the mud.

The only way to get the minority vote is to pander to them through social programs or leniency in laws. Of course, it didn't work for Reagan. He granted amnesty and didn't increase his Hispanic vote all that much. Minorities are not going to vote Republican as polls show they favor bigger government. If the Republican party went that way, we would not only speed up our eventual bankruptcy, but have two Democrat parties instead.

There is only one way out of this mess we are in, and that is getting a conservative President. Now half of our population is being supported by taxpayers either partially or entirely. At the the pace we are going, this country will collapse in just a matter of a few decades.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#39 Apr 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie? Why not run McCain or Romney again?
Moderates don't win elections for Republicans hands down. We don't need yet another moderate like Christie. What we really need is a better candidate such as Rand Paul. He would pick up more conservative votes not to mention the people who supported his father. There is a little excitement to the guy and not just a stick in the mud.
The only way to get the minority vote is to pander to them through social programs or leniency in laws. Of course, it didn't work for Reagan. He granted amnesty and didn't increase his Hispanic vote all that much. Minorities are not going to vote Republican as polls show they favor bigger government. If the Republican party went that way, we would not only speed up our eventual bankruptcy, but have two Democrat parties instead.
There is only one way out of this mess we are in, and that is getting a conservative President. Now half of our population is being supported by taxpayers either partially or entirely. At the the pace we are going, this country will collapse in just a matter of a few decades.
you didn't get the memo from teh last election that is was the GOP's continual push to the far, far right that keeps them losing?
1 post removed
Cat74

United States

#41 Apr 28, 2013
None of the innocent people dying in the ghetto in Chicago deserve to die, but die they must, because they prey on each other,

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#42 Apr 28, 2013
Senior Citizen wrote:
They are a minority that is a majority when it comes to voting techniques.
Don't you get it? The tables are turned. Because black people were deprived of the vote for so long, they get to vote five times each. They're also considering taking the vote away from old white racist a'holes.

Location hidden

#43 Apr 28, 2013
Stymie Beard wrote:
Free stuff promised. Is it any surprise?
Yep, you're eligible for the Shit Surprise!

Location hidden

#44 Apr 28, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text> They all knew OJ Simpson was guilty as hell but since he is Black he went free.
Well, I guess Robert Blake is black too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP victory lap after Georgia election win will... 1 min spud 96
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min Truth is might 314,662
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 14 min Ronald 506
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min NTMD8OR 274,626
News Trump blasts Mueller obstruction probe on Twitter 19 min spud 112
News Wheelchair users dragged away from McConnell's ... 24 min huntcoyotes 43
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 27 min Truth is might 24,364
News James Comey fired as FBI director 41 min huntcoyotes 3,894
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Grey Ghost 1,548,259
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 hr Ms Sassy 6,878
More from around the web