Employers hold the hammer when it com...

Employers hold the hammer when it comes to office politics

There are 28 comments on the Reuters story from Oct 31, 2012, titled Employers hold the hammer when it comes to office politics. In it, Reuters reports that:

As an extremely close election race heads into its final days, offices across the country will become political hotbeds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SMOKIN JOE OWEBAMA

Anchorage, AK

#1 Oct 31, 2012
VOTE AMERICAN

VOTE for less BUMS on WELFARE

VOTE ROMNEY 2012

It's for YOUR KIDS
Otis B Driftwood

West Sayville, NY

#2 Oct 31, 2012
Don't blame me. I voted for the American last time.
Las Cruces retiree

Christchurch, New Zealand

#3 Nov 1, 2012
Why doesn't the President take the opportunity to donate five million dollars to his favorite charity by releasing his college records?

Surely our President wants to help a not-for-profit organization.

If his college records are released and everything is OK, I will be impressed.
Curtis Lowe

United States

#4 Nov 1, 2012
We love the leader! We love the leader!

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#5 Nov 1, 2012
"As an extremely close election race heads into its final days, offices across the country will become political hotbeds."

As it is in my office. As being the only constitutional conservative in the place and everyone else being R supporters because they have an R. It has been very frustrating.

Look, Obama is nothing more than Bush version 2.0. And Romney is nothing more than Bush version 3.0.

1 snake 2 heads.

The only difference between the 2 is the lettering after their name. D or R. That's it.

They both will increase the police state control. Obama has increased 10 fold from Bush's framework. And Romney is out there touting that he will increase spending on military interventions and policing.

They both are going around talking about how they will out spend one another with medicare and medicaid. Keep in mind, Medicare and Medicaid give out 3x more than it takes in. Yeah, tell me how that is sustainable?

And we can keep going and going.

Welcome in the new boss, same as the old boss. Nothing will change until the people change. And since the people are ignorant and only think they have this false illusion of choice, nothing will change. And we the people will become even more indentured servants to debt and government. Aka slaves.
responder

Columbus, OH

#6 Nov 1, 2012
It ought to be illegal for ANY employer to try to influence, buy, threaten, or push their employees toward a certain party or candidate. To do so should be a serious campaign ethics violation, as well as a violation of our free speech and voting rights.

Corporate America can't be trusted.
responder

Columbus, OH

#7 Nov 1, 2012
Las Cruces retiree wrote:
Why doesn't the President take the opportunity to donate five million dollars to his favorite charity by releasing his college records?
Surely our President wants to help a not-for-profit organization.
If his college records are released and everything is OK, I will be impressed.
Because he's smarter than you and not playing partisan games with rich nitwits like the Donald.

Surely you can lie better than this...:)
responder

Columbus, OH

#8 Nov 1, 2012
Otis B Driftwood wrote:
Don't blame me. I voted for the American last time.
I voted for Obama, too. That Panamanian guy who flew jets into the ground didn't impress me that much, and his running mate was some ditzy woman from Alaska!

Could you BELIEVE it? I couldn't....:)
nuff said

Carol Stream, IL

#9 Nov 1, 2012
responder wrote:
It ought to be illegal for ANY employer to try to influence, buy, threaten, or push their employees toward a certain party or candidate. To do so should be a serious campaign ethics violation, as well as a violation of our free speech and voting rights.
The largest employer, the Government, cannot be trusted either!
responder

Columbus, OH

#10 Nov 1, 2012
nuff said wrote:
<quoted text>
The largest employer, the Government, cannot be trusted either!
Generally speaking, I agree. Do you believe the government tells its workers how to vote?
nuff said

Carol Stream, IL

#11 Nov 1, 2012
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
Generally speaking, I agree. Do you believe the government tells its workers how to vote?
People want to hold their government jobs.
That is why many government workers vote the way they do. I have seen it.

I personally feel that different managers within any government entity or private business give off a sense of how they feel.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#12 Nov 1, 2012
it's ironic that employers that pay minimum wage, and keep everyone under 30 hours so that they don't have to offer health insurance would have a "non-Obama" attitude.
or is it that they want to make sure their employees remain hopeless(?)
Twenty four to one

Orange, CA

#13 Nov 1, 2012
Kahoki wrote:
"As an extremely close election race heads into its final days, offices across the country will become political hotbeds."
As it is in my office. As being the only constitutional conservative in the place and everyone else being R supporters because they have an R. It has been very frustrating.
Look, Obama is nothing more than Bush version 2.0. And Romney is nothing more than Bush version 3.0.
Romney is not Bush nor is he Barack Obama. Puh-leeze!

Contrast Hussein Obama to Mitt Romney:

Ellen Hummel's father worked with Romney at Bain Capital, but died when she was just 5. She later asked Romney to help her attend Columbia Medical School. He loaned her tuition money. Just before graduation, Hummel received a Christmas letter from Romney. "It was something caring," Dr. Hummel, now a Michigan general practitioner, told TheDaily.com . "It was something saying,'This is a gift.'" Romney forgave Dr. Hummel's loan.

In 1995, Romney heard about the Nixons, a family who moved to Boston. Soon after, a car wreck left their sons paraplegic. Romney called and asked if they were available on Christmas Eve. Romney, his wife, and his sons arrived with a stereo and other gifts for the crippled boys. Romney offered to put them through college and supported them through numerous fundraisers. As their father told Kranish and Helman, "It wasn't a one-time thing."

Beyond generosity, Romney has demonstrated organizational leadership and personal courage while aiding others:

Melissa Gay, Bain Capital partner Robert Gay's daughter, vanished while visiting New York City in July 1996. Then-CEO Romney closed Bain's Boston headquarters and jetted to Gotham to find the 14-year-old. Romney flew in his private-equity company's 50 employees and transformed a Marriott Hotel into a command post. He consulted the NYPD and recruited private eyes. He dispatched staffers to enlist Bain's business associates. Bain's printer, R. R. Donnelly, produced 300,000 missing-person fliers. Bain's CPAs at Price Waterhouse placed the handbills all over town. Duane Reade, a Bain-portfolio company, stuck leaflets in shopping bags at 52 local outlets.

Five days after Melissa disappeared, someone rang Bain's tip line to ask about a reward. The NYPD traced the call to a New Jersey home, where a 17-year-old had, unbeknownst to his parents, hidden the disoriented and drugged child.

Romney's focus and management saved Melissa. She now is a happily married mother who teaches fourth grade.

Does a man who helps people care about and like them?

There are more examples of Romney's generosity and largeness of spirit -- of the heart he does not wear on his sleeve.
1 post removed
Twenty four to one

Orange, CA

#15 Nov 1, 2012
responder wrote:
It ought to be illegal for Hussein Obama to try to influence, buy, threaten voters with free phones, bribes and threats to Romney donors.

Hussein Obama's signature election tactic is the unseal private records of competitors. Romney has never resorted to seamy tactics like this either.

Take your BS and stupidity somewhere else.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#16 Nov 1, 2012
Twenty four to one wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is not Bush nor is he Barack Obama. Puh-leeze!
Ok, so the Rominee was generous at some points. Listen to what the guy says.

He will start an unconstitutional war with Iran, like Obama will if re-elected. It's coming, get ready.

He will increase military spending and do it while taking in less money? How does that work? Oh yeah, he will borrow it from the Federal Reserve at interest that we will "all" have to pay for.

During his Primary campaign he said that he was going to repeal Obamacare. During his church revival acceptance speech at the convention it was changed to "repeal and replace".

Look, just listen to what the guy says, stop drinking the kool-aide and listen. Just like when dumbass Obama said he was going to "fundamentally transform America".

So keep it up, keep drinking and "if" Romney gets elected and starts doing exactly what I said he is going to do. I will be the one sitting here saying, "I told you so."

But, probably like the Obaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaama sheeple out there, you will probably make excuses for it like they are now with Obama extending and expanding every Bush policy.

Welcome int he new boss, the same as the old boss.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#17 Nov 1, 2012
could someone that supports Romney could explain to me why he's the best choice for a person working a minimum wage job with no benefits please.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#18 Nov 1, 2012
Twenty four to one wrote:
<quoted text>
It ought to be illegal for Hussein Obama to try to influence, buy, threaten voters with free phones, bribes and threats to Romney donors.
Hussein Obama's signature election tactic is the unseal private records of competitors. Romney has never resorted to seamy tactics like this either.
Take your BS and stupidity somewhere else.
which employer threatened to fire all of their employees if the don't vote for Obama?
Jack Daniels

Woodleaf, NC

#19 Nov 1, 2012
responder wrote:
Aw shucks... mad at "Corporate America" huh? Finding it impossible to find a job now huh? Well, you shoulda thought for once in your life about that before you voted for it 4 years ago. You can get as mad as you want, you can flail your wittle arms around and cry and cry, but there is no help for you, no hope for you, and it was YOU and only YOU who decided to make yourself an enemy of this Country and it's people, and the only choice for you now is to find a communists utopia like you attempted to turn this Country into in a place like North Korea or the like, or go ahead and do thw world a favor and swallow a large ammount of rat poison now, becasue the only thing you have to look forward to here is a very long cold winter, your government handout being cutoff, and when you are homeless, starving, and with no place to turn, and you suddenly realize nobody is going to help you again, that quick death you are now thinking about, you will wish you had've done it now and didn't have to go through all that suffering. Hope it was worth it! That's what happens when you become shit and get mixed up with shit...you get flushed!

Just one little tidbit before your demise punk... Companies are not directly involved in campaigns and they have this thing called Freedom of Speech which I know you liberals shits don't believe in, but there you go. It comes from that Constitution that is "Problematic" for you bastards...you better belive it's problematic for anti-american filth...it is precisely how we deal with them, and you are now living proof!
Las Cruces retiree

Christchurch, New Zealand

#20 Nov 1, 2012
responder wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he's smarter than you and not playing partisan games with rich nitwits like the Donald.
Surely you can lie better than this...:)
I am not the one hiding my college records.

Do all candidates or presidents hide their college records? Why would someone want their records hidden?

These are questions not lies. Show me where I have lied. Possibilities include: the candidate was accepted into college as a foreign student, the candidate had poor grades and should never have been admitted into Harvard.

Lets stop the speculation, make Trump a poorer man and give to charity.
Twenty four to one

Phoenix, AZ

#21 Nov 1, 2012
anneutral wrote:
could someone that supports Romney could explain to me why he's the best choice for a person working a minimum wage job with no benefits please.
You talk in generalities. Herman Cain's father worked for less and built up a fortune. He worked hard along side his wife. Mitt Romney's father worked for less too and built up an empire. Paul Ryan held two jobs as a teenager to help his mother look after their grandmother diagnosed with Alzheimers. Look it, you want to be the CEO of a company, then go for it. You don't want to work hard like they do, sacrefice money and time. You Obama twerps put down managers, executives and businesses, who invest time and money and health into their work every day, past normal working hours, yet you idolize movie stars who are wealthier than small businesses and CEOs, and hire very few people on a long term basis. To answer your narrow minded questions is futile because you have been dumbed down by racism and elitists.

You are disgusting to me because you don't think past superficialities. You spout sound bites that sound good like the OWS and their 99% diatribe based on no truth at all. The 99% is only 47%.

Obama is a GONER, we won't have to see the American flag morphed into an O much longer. His flag pin was so tiny you needed a microscope to see it. He's petty and small, like you. All this for a damn flag, his wife says. As first lady of a country, that is never acceptable by any wife of the leader IN ANY COUNTRY FROM GERMANY TO RUSSIA TO ICELAND.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Realtime 1,566,383
News The Latest: Trump talks 'new immigration system... 2 min CodeTalker 5
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Buck Crikkk Crockkk 17,322
News In video: Donald Trump tells Boy Scouts - Washi... 5 min TrumpRant 39
News GOP favor dropping tax beneficial to blue states 7 min CodeTalker 7
News President Trump's new message man Anthony Scara... 10 min The FACTory 123
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 10 min old_moose 564
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 hr Chris Jarvis 8272 280,061
News Can Trump pardon anyone? Himself? Can he fire M... 9 hr old_moose 110
More from around the web