Florida legislature moves to ban inte...

Florida legislature moves to ban internet cafes following arrests

There are 32 comments on the reuters.com story from Mar 14, 2013, titled Florida legislature moves to ban internet cafes following arrests. In it, reuters.com reports that:

The resignation of Florida's lieutenant governor, Jennifer Carroll, and the arrests of 57 people charged with money laundering and racketeering has sparked a stampede in the state legislature to shut down hundreds of "internet cafes," whose online gambling operations have been allowed to skirt the law for several years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at reuters.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#1 Mar 14, 2013
Don't be messing with Al Gore!!
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#2 Mar 14, 2013
Who could be surprised that corruption has reared it's ugly head among the State Executives of Florida? Rick Scott is Mr. Scandal himself.

He has felonious habits and is a magnet for a scam and some kind of scheme. We knew this before day one in the Florida Executive Mansion.

dying the mane on a skunk doesn't change the skunk from being a skunk.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Mar 15, 2013
I keyed a libs hybrid at Starbucks last night, then went inside to tease him about it, and see what kind of man he was. The place was full of ponytailed ex hippies, but I found him, he was sitting there in his Birkenstocks, sipping a double espresso capucino latte and bashing Bush on the wifi. When I told him about his car, he fainted and soiled himself. Tough guy, typical
1 post removed
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Pennington, NJ

#5 Mar 15, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
I keyed a libs hybrid at Starbucks last night, then went inside to tease him about it, and see what kind of man he was. The place was full of ponytailed ex hippies, but I found him, he was sitting there in his Birkenstocks, sipping a double espresso capucino latte and bashing Bush on the wifi. When I told him about his car, he fainted and soiled himself. Tough guy, typical
Your name 'inbred' certainly fits!
1 post removed

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Mar 15, 2013
Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
<quoted text>
Your name 'inbred' certainly fits!
as does yours, however hard it is to pronounce

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#8 Mar 15, 2013
How would people in Florida vote then?

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#9 Mar 15, 2013
RustyS wrote:
How would people in Florida vote then?
Against their own best interests. This is FloriDUH.
SERFS UP

Daytona Beach, FL

#10 Mar 15, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Who could be surprised that corruption has reared it's ugly head among the State Executives of Florida? Rick Scott is Mr. Scandal himself.
He has felonious habits and is a magnet for a scam and some kind of scheme. We knew this before day one in the Florida Executive Mansion.
dying the mane on a skunk doesn't change the skunk from being a skunk.
He came into office with some warts. But if you think men like Charlie Crist are honorable then you are wrong. Many politicians are about power first and the dogma of party politics second. Backstabbers are the worse. If you help carry the water for someone or some group, there should be at least some integrity as to not be screwed over. Has Scott been accused of anything on this issue?
1 post removed
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#12 Mar 16, 2013
SERFS UP wrote:
<quoted text> He came into office with some warts. But if you think men like Charlie Crist are honorable then you are wrong. Many politicians are about power first and the dogma of party politics second. Backstabbers are the worse. If you help carry the water for someone or some group, there should be at least some integrity as to not be screwed over. Has Scott been accused of anything on this issue?
"Backstabbers are the worse".

Yes, they are.

Teabaggers stabbed Crist and Christie (the irony) in the back, just for meeting with Obama and looking out for the people of their state.

In other words "for doing the job they were elected to do".
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#13 Mar 16, 2013
"Warts"?

Scott started what was first called Columbia in the spring of 1987 by purchasing two El Paso, Texas, hospitals. He quickly grew the company into one of the country's largest publicly traded hospital chains, and in 1994, merged Columbia with Tennessee-headquartered HCA and its 100 hospitals.

In early 1997, federal agents revealed they were investigating the Columbia/HCA chain for, among other things, Medicare and Medicaid fraud. Allegations included that Columbia/HCA billed Medicare and Medicaid for tests that were not necessary or ordered by physicians, and that the hospital chain would perform one type of medical test but bill the federal government for a more expensive test or procedure. Agents seized records from Columbia facilities across the country in Tennessee, North Carolina, Texas, Oklahoma, Utah and Florida.

Scott resigned in the middle of the federal investigation in July 1997. Scott said he wanted to fight the federal government accusations; the corporate board of Columbia/HCA wanted to settle, and did. In 2000, the company pleaded guilty to at least 14 corporate felonies and agreed to pay $840 million in criminal fines and civil damages and penalties. The company agreed to further settlements in 2002, paying an additional $881 million in fines.

The next FAUX "news" contributor?

They seem to have a penchant for hiring crooks and proclaiming them "patriots".
serfs up

Daytona Beach, FL

#14 Mar 16, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
"Backstabbers are the worse".
Yes, they are.
Teabaggers stabbed Crist and Christie (the irony) in the back, just for meeting with Obama and looking out for the people of their state.
In other words "for doing the job they were elected to do".
I remember when Crist ran. There were people saying we were going to get screwed over on needed property tax cuts with the false rise in housing values. They were right. We got a small cut when we needed a much larger one. Now he is friends with the false christian for the people lawyer in Orlando. Yeah he is a backstabber. Ur mutha is a teabagger. You gay loving diseased azzhole.
serfs up

Daytona Beach, FL

#15 Mar 16, 2013
"Warts"?
Scott started what was first called Columbia in the spring of 1987 by purchasing two El Paso, Texas, hospitals. He quickly grew the company into one of the country's largest publicly traded hospital chains, and in 1994, merged Columbia with Tennessee-headquartered HCA and its 100 hospitals.
In early 1997, federal agents revealed they were investigating the Columbia/HCA chain for, among other things, Medicare and Medicaid fraud. Allegations included that Columbia/HCA billed Medicare and Medicaid for tests that were not necessary or ordered by physicians, and that the hospital chain would perform one type of medical test but bill the federal government for a more expensive test or procedure. Agents seized records from Columbia facilities across the country in Tennessee, North Carolina, Texas, Oklahoma, Utah and Florida.
Scott resigned in the middle of the federal investigation in July 1997. Scott said he wanted to fight the federal government accusations; the corporate board of Columbia/HCA wanted to settle, and did. In 2000, the company pleaded guilty to at least 14 corporate felonies and agreed to pay $840 million in criminal fines and civil damages and penalties. The company agreed to further settlements in 2002, paying an additional $881 million in fines.
The next FAUX "news" contributor?
They seem to have a penchant for hiring crooks and proclaiming them "patriots".
I don't give a ph uk. that was before the fact of him running. Crist is after the fact. then he switched sides. Repubs need conservatives. Not RINOS and Neo Cons. No more warmongers. Crist is a jit cell.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#16 Mar 16, 2013
Is this supposed to be justification for the executive figure head of a State, Rick Scott being a felonious crook who's Corporation was convicted of breaching the public's trust by stealing more than $1 Billion from the public coffers?

Scott is proven to be no more than a thief. A classic Pick Pocket corrupt at his core.
SERFS UP wrote:
<quoted text> He came into office with some warts. But if you think men like Charlie Crist are honorable then you are wrong. Many politicians are about power first and the dogma of party politics second. Backstabbers are the worse. If you help carry the water for someone or some group, there should be at least some integrity as to not be screwed over. Has Scott been accused of anything on this issue?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#17 Mar 16, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> I remember when Crist ran. There were people saying we were going to get screwed over on needed property tax cuts with the false rise in housing values. They were right. We got a small cut when we needed a much larger one. Now he is friends with the false christian for the people lawyer in Orlando. Yeah he is a backstabber. Ur mutha is a teabagger. You gay loving diseased azzhole.
"false rise in housing values"?

Did they pay with false "money" too?

False "christian"?

Let me know when you meet a "real" one.

Don't forget to send drop your 10% as you pray for "salvation".

As your preacher drives his Lexus to his comfy beach house.

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#18 Mar 16, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> I don't give a ph uk. that was before the fact of him running. Crist is after the fact. then he switched sides. Repubs need conservatives. Not RINOS and Neo Cons. No more warmongers. Crist is a jit cell.
"CONservatives" are nothing more than repackaged republicans trying to sell the same failed policies that have been ruining this country since Reagan.

Like painting vertical black stripes on a white dog and trying to claim "it's a zebra".

Poor teabagger.
serfs up

Daytona Beach, FL

#19 Mar 16, 2013
<quoted text>
"false rise in housing values"?
Did they pay with false "money" too?
False "christian"?
Let me know when you meet a "real" one.
Don't forget to send drop your 10% as you pray for "salvation".
As your preacher drives his Lexus to his comfy beach house.
Poor teabagger.
In the neighborhood I grew up it wasn't like the progressive mantra you spew. Nuns lived in a convent with a small monthly allotment. Priests lived in a rectory though there were vehicles. But you keep doing it. At the time people tithed and it helped a lot of people around the city and region. Today it cost several times as much to do the same thing in our perma poverty culture. If you know nothing about others, then you should keep quiet. The housing market will crash. A year , two years, five years. But it will go down. The elderly today are dying off and the boomers are getting ready to collect what they paid in to.
serfs up

Daytona Beach, FL

#20 Mar 16, 2013
<quoted text>
"CONservatives" are nothing more than repackaged republicans trying to sell the same failed policies that have been ruining this country since Reagan.
Like painting vertical black stripes on a white dog and trying to claim "it's a zebra".
Poor teabagger.
The only thing I asked for in a general sense was to eliminate corruption in what we do. The policies that have failed are what you spew and love. Now stop your as smunching for a moment and smell the diseased rectum. You'll get it my HIV infected parasite.
serfs up

Daytona Beach, FL

#21 Mar 16, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Is this supposed to be justification for the executive figure head of a State, Rick Scott being a felonious crook who's Corporation was convicted of breaching the public's trust by stealing more than $1 Billion from the public coffers?
Scott is proven to be no more than a thief. A classic Pick Pocket corrupt at his core.
<quoted text>
Has Scott done any improper things since being elected governor? I am not giving him any excuses from his past.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#22 Mar 16, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> In the neighborhood I grew up it wasn't like the progressive mantra you spew. Nuns lived in a convent with a small monthly allotment. Priests lived in a rectory though there were vehicles. But you keep doing it. At the time people tithed and it helped a lot of people around the city and region. Today it cost several times as much to do the same thing in our perma poverty culture. If you know nothing about others, then you should keep quiet. The housing market will crash. A year , two years, five years. But it will go down. The elderly today are dying off and the boomers are getting ready to collect what they paid in to.
"In the neighborhood I grew up it wasn't like the progressive mantra you spew".

Then the teabagger "mantra" must have changed to "progressive".
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#23 Mar 16, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> The only thing I asked for in a general sense was to eliminate corruption in what we do. The policies that have failed are what you spew and love. Now stop your as smunching for a moment and smell the diseased rectum. You'll get it my HIV infected parasite.
Everyone wants to eliminate fraud and corruption.

It's teabaggers such as yourself who promote the policies that invite corruption that have failed: REAGANOMICS.

"By the end of his term, 138 Reagan administration officials had been convicted, had been indicted, or had been the subject of official investigations for official misconduct and/or criminal violations. In terms of number of officials involved, the record of his administration was the worst ever."

Poor teabagger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Limbertwig 186,298
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min THE DEVIL 1,251,397
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 min woodtick57 9,343
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dr Guru 192,201
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 5 min Synque 623
Time to go? 5 min American Lady 666
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min OzRitz 53,970
News Donald Trump surges, and Democrats cheer 1 hr zak 67
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 332,902
More from around the web