5 strange things on the government sh...

5 strange things on the government shutdown

There are 13 comments on the KVIA-TV El Paso story from Oct 3, 2013, titled 5 strange things on the government shutdown. In it, KVIA-TV El Paso reports that:

Battles over money never seem to end in Washington. And the consequences are often unpleasant when lawmakers can't agree to iron them out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KVIA-TV El Paso.

Parden Pard

Bath, PA

#1 Oct 3, 2013
Looks like the Republicons outta hide their Boner,,and zip-up,,say,,?
MoralMajority

Solon, OH

#2 Oct 3, 2013
The liberal media is all the same. Republican House reckless while the Senate and of course the lazy stupid coward in the White House are the reasonable ones. How dare the Tea Baggers send legislation to the Senate that they know won't get the approval of the thin skinned rat.
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#3 Oct 3, 2013
MoralMajority wrote:
The liberal media is all the same. Republican House reckless while the Senate and of course the lazy stupid coward in the White House are the reasonable ones. How dare the Tea Baggers send legislation to the Senate that they know won't get the approval of the thin skinned rat.
Your opinion is.., ummm, uhhhh, oh yeah, stupid.
MoralMajority

Solon, OH

#4 Oct 3, 2013
Dr Stinko wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion is.., ummm, uhhhh, oh yeah, stupid.
I guess you'd know, huh stinko? No?
Tv Patriot

Cluj-napoca, Romania

#5 Oct 3, 2013
1 post removed
Lynda

Hereford, TX

#7 Oct 4, 2013
So the Repubs send up a bill that won't pass. Guess what, the Dems shoved Obamacare down the throats of the American people, the majority of whom do not want it or approve of it.

The voice of the people is not being heard....by anyone in government. I have to back at least the attempt to correct Obamacare.

Now, the question is, "Is Air Force One an essential service?" Will Obama cancel his trip to Asia (and the search for the perfect golf course, no doubt)? I say tell him to take a taxi...a good dip in the Pacific might bring him to his senses.
Heywood Jablomee

Warrington, PA

#8 Oct 4, 2013
Just more posturing by the treasonous teabaggers! Once again they have shown their contempt for this country and its way of life. They are nothing more than lickspittles for the evil koch brothers!
jim

Meadville, PA

#9 Oct 4, 2013
We as americans need to just take responsibility for are selfs and are comunities by overcoming the energy issues are contry faces and other issues will fall into place like health care education and so on. The federal government is hardly missed by average man they aren't doing there jobs right. They on paid vacation right now and forceing fear driven media onto us. Don't buy it get up and do sumthing to make a better tomarrow quit pointing fingers at each other.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#10 Oct 4, 2013
Lynda wrote:
So the Repubs send up a bill that won't pass. Guess what, the Dems shoved Obamacare down the throats of the American people, the majority of whom do not want it or approve of it.
The voice of the people is not being heard....by anyone in government. I have to back at least the attempt to correct Obamacare.
Now, the question is, "Is Air Force One an essential service?" Will Obama cancel his trip to Asia (and the search for the perfect golf course, no doubt)? I say tell him to take a taxi...a good dip in the Pacific might bring him to his senses.
You missed something...the Democrats want a blank check to raise the National Debt...the Republicans...say NO...it's high enough already.
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#11 Oct 5, 2013
MoralMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you'd know, huh stinko? No?
True.., stupidity is what I'm known for.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#12 Oct 5, 2013
Only 5 things, huh?
Ann Archy

Rolling Meadows, IL

#13 Oct 5, 2013
Lynda wrote:
Good point about the Obamacare bill and it be passed by getting shoved down teapublican throats. Check the house and senate records! There is NO record of "Obamacare" being PASSED AT ALL!!!! WHAT DOES THIS TELL YOU??? Obviously, Obamacare is illegal!!

However, the "Affordable Care Act"- now, that went through proper channels. First the house voted on it, liked it and sent it to the senate. They liked it too and sent it the president. He liked it, signed it and it became law! That's how that goes!

Even better, the USSC looked at the ACA and declared it Constitutional! Then, in 2012, Obama ran, essentially with the ACA as his platform. Mitt Romney ran on the platform of being Queen For A Day and repealing the ACA and "other stuff..." on his first day in office.

But, the majority of the American people did not want someone named "Mittens" as their president and as a ruiner of heathcare so, they voted for Obama AND the ACA.

So, actually, "the voice of the people" gas been heard, in the usual American manner.

Now we're just hearing reichwhiners trying to undo the American process.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Oct 5, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,264,344
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 3 min Denny CranesPlace 134
News Rubio blasts Clinton over email practices 4 min Eleanor 4
News 5 things about Congress' fight over Planned Par... 5 min Responsibility 14
News Hillary, Bill Clinton earn more than $139M betw... 7 min barefoot2626 31
News Higher minimum-wage proposals gain ground in Ne... 10 min barry 121
News Are illegal immigrants bringing 'tremendous' di... 11 min Prep-for-Dep 109
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 16 min tally 336,870
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min IND 190,406
News Hillary Clinton is promising that all homes wil... 1 hr Responsibility 117
More from around the web